AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-08, 15:48   Link #1001
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Hmm, I wonder if Raki does know if Priscilla is a monster. Agatha was able to live quite happily in Rabona without any suspicion that she was an AB until she sensed Galatea fighting Clarice and Miata. That was when she decided to go for the blood bath feast. Cid knew there was a youma around but he had no idea who it was. The fact that Raki is still alive indicates that Isley and Priscilla have some self control. And with those two being some of the most powerful creatures in the world they certainly could have kept a secret from Raki if it was a priority. Maybe they brought home "special meats" for him to cook. Isley is as fast as Rigald which means he could feast in neighboring towns in a few minutes and make it home in time for chocolate mousse before anyone knew any better. Especially if Raki was focused on training. Well, just an idea.

We do not know if AB's can eat normal foods. I presume they can because Raki made some for Priscilla but we never saw her eat it as she was busy watching Isley battle Luciella through their youki. They eat human guts and there is probably some food in there (sorry for the gross image) so they can probably digest it fine. Not to mention that AB's seem to have impossibly large stomachs. Especially Priscilla.

Of course Raki might know all about them as well. We do not know yet. I am just impressed Raki made it through his ordeal alive considering who his company was. If they had not gotten along there is no way he could have escaped, especially with that lingering scent of the south revealing his location wherever he runs .
Old 2008-06-08, 17:26   Link #1002
Yosei
Death by writing

Raki is now officially awesome. At least, much cooler than he used to be. And that makes Claymore all the nicer to read.

Buddhism and spirituality: Buddhist Door

Fanfiction: Transformers 00
Galaxy Fantasy
Old 2008-06-08, 18:13   Link #1003
myshka

I went back to see how many chapter ago we saw Raki last, man it's been over a year!! AT this rate, it'll be another year (real time) before Clare and Raki meet. So far everyone and their uncle has gotten in the way: Riful, former #2, Clarice...If they keep resquing every idiot that gets in the way(except galatea), Clare will never find Raki. I can see why people say that this manga is only half way through...
Old 2008-06-08, 18:32   Link #1004
myshka

I also think he must have parted ways with Iseley and Priscilla on good terms. There is no way he would be running around all smiling if he had those two on his tail(also he'd be long dead). I really think he must have known since he's been exposed to an AB, but this is little raki we are talking about, he sees the best in everyone (except Galk)
Old 2008-06-08, 20:09   Link #1005
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

@ flar - why are you expecting so much out of raki? and disappointed? so what if he's not strong as clare, miria and others... my point is atleast he's now strong enough to fight on his own and has the ability to protect himself.

i think he is still human and i want him to remain human cuz he's the only person who connects with us lowly HUMAN readers u.u

if i were clare i'd be overjoyed seeing raki how much he'd improved and learning the fact that he can defeat a normal youma. i wouldn't even care if he could not defeat a awakened being... not even some of the claymores can defeat a awakened being either.

so raki... please stay human. ^^;
Old 2008-06-08, 20:30   Link #1006
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Why "do" people expect so much from Raki. Come on, he killed a Yoma for Ra's sake. People coward away and hire Claymores to kill them, but Raki just enjoyed himself while cutting the Yoma apart. The Imperial / city guards can't even face one single Yoma without screaming their lungs out. Raki is beyond human expectations already. Be happy.
Old 2008-06-08, 20:34   Link #1007
Nesty

Raki is a regular yoma killa, but if he faces a AB.... he'd be back to the raki from 1 year ago (7 years ago in storyline time)
Old 2008-06-08, 20:47   Link #1008
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

well, yes, but we won't see him crying this time around and i'm guessing he's capable enough to do some damage if he were. raki was with isley so he might have been taught what to do if he'd come face to face with an awakened being.
Old 2008-06-08, 21:07   Link #1009
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Hmm, I am thinking that Isley taught Raki how to open the Eight Chakra Gates to defeat more intense monsters . Well, maybe not quite. But I think Raki is full of surprises. He knows much more about youma and AB's than most people so I imagine he has a plan.
Old 2008-06-08, 22:00   Link #1010
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

We don't know Raki's capabilities yet, so we can't assume that all he's capable of is killing regular Yoma. All we know so far is that he's at Claymore level of skill. I hope that next months issue would give us a better idea of what Raki is capable of. But, I don't think it'll be too long before Raki and Clare are reunited. I think they will meet again in his old hometown though. Its where it began, and where it will begin anew. Cliche but it works.
Old 2008-06-08, 22:15   Link #1011
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

@ ht - ahh, raki's already is at his hometown and clare still is in rabona so chances of that happening are pretty slim. me thinks when clare arrives at raki's hometown they'll be telling her how awesome he was and had big sword like a claymore.

it'll give her more motivation to try and look for raki if it's really true. XD
Old 2008-06-08, 22:21   Link #1012
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarakiss~ View Post
@ ht - ahh, raki's already is at his hometown and clare still is in rabona so chances of that happening are pretty slim. me thinks when clare arrives at raki's hometown they'll be telling her how awesome he was and had big sword like a claymore.

it'll her more motivation to try and look for raki if it's really true. XD
i wonder if anyone from his village remembers him, the old mayor seems to of died (eaten by the yoma prehaps?) but just the same i could see it happening
Old 2008-06-08, 22:25   Link #1013
myshka

I could see Clare totally taking off to look for him! I was really excited about the 7 year skip, because he's a big boy now and now he and Clare can have a non-perverted relationship. AAAHHH I hope they meet soon!! I cant wait to see the expressions on thier faces.
Old 2008-06-08, 23:08   Link #1014
abcdefghijkLOL

If Raki meets up with an AB, he's going to copy Itachi's art-of-run. :lmao
Old 2008-06-09, 01:32   Link #1015
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I think Raki might take up residence in his old hometown for a while to rest from his long journey, he's obviously been taking his time, it took him a year to arrive from the holy city. The towns people might talk him into staying for a while. Giving Clare enough time to arrive.
Old 2008-06-09, 01:38   Link #1016
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I think Raki might take up residence in his old hometown for a while to rest from his long journey, he's obviously been taking his time, it took him a year to arrive from the holy city. The towns people might talk him into staying for a while. Giving Clare enough time to arrive.
possibly would happen, just the same if i was in Raki's shoes i know i couldn't stay in the same place my family was eaten in and then kicked me out after accusing me of being the same type of monster who did that to my family.

But either way since their on opposite ends they'll meet either at Raki's home town or somewhere in the middle (border of south/west????)
Old 2008-06-09, 01:49   Link #1017
yvcso
Watashi wa Saya~

Send a message via MSN to yvcso
It scares me that he is strong.
It doesn't fit his character, that has to depend on someone strong.
Old 2008-06-09, 01:51   Link #1018
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Yeah Raki was back tracking, to all the places he's been with Clare. Since he finally made it to the beginning what next? He'll probably stay for a week and then start heading back. Either way, he'll be meeting up with Clare soon, and I'm hoping it'll be in ch.81. But, most likely it'll be the last 2 pages, and will have to wait till ch.82 for the full reunion.

I'm really itching to know more about Raki's growth, so far we only know that he's of Claymore level, not to mention the suspense of seeing Clare's and Raki's reunion is going to be heart warming <3, Now she can sleep with him, without the glaring eyes of the pedobear, lol.

Edit: Raki has to become strong, it was his desire to become strong. Him not becoming strong would be a spit on his determination.
Old 2008-06-09, 01:54   Link #1019
yvcso
Watashi wa Saya~

Send a message via MSN to yvcso
Yeah, he has to, but it still looks strange to me.
Old 2008-06-09, 01:55   Link #1020
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Yeah Raki was back tracking, to all the places he's been with Clare. Since he finally made it to the beginning what next? He'll probably stay for a week and then start heading back. Either way, he'll be meeting up with Clare soon, and I'm hoping it'll be in ch.81. But, most likely it'll be the last 2 pages, and will have to wait till ch.82 for the full reunion.

I'm really itching to know more about Raki's growth, so far we only know that he's of Claymore level, not to mention the suspense of seeing Clare's and Raki's reunion is going to be heart warming <3, Now she can sleep with him, without the glaring eyes of the pedobear, lol.

Edit: Raki has to become strong, it was his desire to become strong. Him not becoming strong would be a spit on his determination.
next chapter seems a bit to soon, but i can see it happening within 5 chapters though unfairly i agree, there will be a double page with Raki and Clare looking at each other in a mix of shock/happiness/relief etc at the end of the chapter.

lol Clare a pedo? I think Duaf is more of a pedo with Riful (she's what? 11 and his 20).
Closed Thread