AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-31, 02:29   Link #1
velocity7

.hack//Roots Anime (.hack//GU)

http://dothackers.net/guanime.jpg (not 56k friendly)

I'm surprised there was nothing posted here on the Animesuki forums about this. .hack//SIGN staff and Bee Train animating the thing again. Dunno if Yuki Kajiura is returning for this.

Last edited by velocity7; 2006-02-06 at 17:31.
Old 2006-02-06, 17:32   Link #2
velocity7

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/...60206/hack.htm

This announcement may have been about .hack//GU the game, but it also reveals the name of the anime to be .hack//Roots. It's going to take place sometime before .hack//GU, featuring Haseo, Shino, and Ovan as the three main characters.

More information at http://dothackers.net (http://www.dothackers.net/guanime.php).
Old 2006-02-06, 21:19   Link #3
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Bandai Visual announced that the .hack//Roots anime will broadcast on TV-Tokyo, Wednesdays at 25:30 hrs. starting by April 5th

Bee-Train will be animation studio in charge like did with the first .hack//Sign series.

For the music department regard to the opening and ending themes, how I wish either See-Saw or better yet Ali-Project will either step in.

http://www.moonphase.cc/Html/anime.html
Old 2006-02-06, 22:21   Link #4
velocity7

Given Bee Train's record as of late, they're likely to pull in Yuki Kajiura but that's obviously just my two cents.

No need for Moonphase's announcement anymore with that image.

Quote:
テレビアニメはタイトルが「.hack//Roots」となっているが、「Roots」の意味の1つは「道」。そしてもう1つは「根」という意味で、 これはアニメでは「.hack//G.U.」に続く根幹にあたる部分を描いていることから来ているという。シリーズ脚本は川崎美羽氏、キャラ クタ監修には貞本義行氏、キャラクタデザインは「.hack//SIGN」と同じく大澤聡氏、監督も同じく真下耕一氏。オープニングテーマは、 FictionJunction YUUKAさんの「Silly-Go-Round」、エンディングテーマは、ALI PROJECTの「亡国覚醒カタルシス」となっている。
Guido: How about both? FictionJunction YUUKA is handling the opening theme, ALI PROJECT is handling ending theme. FictionJunction related to Yuki Kajiura related to See-Saw.

My first comment is starting to become pretty solidfied there.

EDIT: Moderators, please change name of thread to .hack//Roots. Thanks. And also add this to the upcoming anime list, too.

Last edited by velocity7; 2006-02-06 at 22:39.
Old 2006-03-28, 22:04   Link #5
Sail

Talking .hack//roots - Anyone PUMPED?!

I'm sooooo EXCITED for .hack//Roots! Promo looks pretty good! ^_^

-Anyone else PUMPED?!
Old 2006-03-29, 02:25   Link #6
pw1388

whats so special about roots?
Old 2006-03-29, 03:34   Link #7
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

I'm a little dissapointed that Kajiura is only doing the OP for this series. Ali Project (not a huge fan) are doing the music. Still, I may check it out as it's Beetrain after all ...
Old 2006-03-29, 04:17   Link #8
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
I'm a little dissapointed that Kajiura is only doing the OP for this series. Ali Project (not a huge fan) are doing the music. Still, I may check it out as it's Beetrain after all ...
That's strange... Usually Ali project does the OP while Kajiura does the background music... Are you sure?
Old 2006-03-29, 04:25   Link #9
EdenB
Overlord

I'll be checking this out, but I don't like the look of it, as much as I did SIGN.
Old 2006-03-29, 04:53   Link #10
saikou

If it's anything like .hack//sign, then i'm looking forward to it. The animation style compared to sign is kinda throwing me, though. The thing about sign that i liked the most was the concept of finding out who the "person behind the character" was.
Old 2006-03-29, 05:25   Link #11
Shin_Battousai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
That's strange... Usually Ali project does the OP while Kajiura does the background music... Are you sure?
Yeah i thought that was strange too but upon looking up on the net, this really is the case as the OP will be done by FictionJunction YUUKA which according to Anime News Network is "Yuki Kajiura's solo project, featuring the vocals of Yuuka Nanri" and http://www.dothackers.net/ has a news post confirming that Ali Project will be composing
Old 2006-03-29, 05:53   Link #12
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
As sure as ANN is Unfortunately my only experience of Ali Project is songs from Noir, Rozen Maiden and the Avenger OST, all of which were not commendable. Kajiura or Yoko Ueno (what happened to her?!) would have been ideal...
Old 2006-03-29, 06:31   Link #13
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
As much as I am attracted to Yoshiyuki Sadamoto's style of drawing, I must say I am rather jaded about the whole BeeTrain thing.

I am sorry to say, but their series composition skillz are just dreadful. I can't think of any other company that produces so many utterly boring (but pretty!) shows on such a regular basis.

But, then again, perhaps the absense of Koichi Mashimo (head of BeeTrain and the Commander-in-Chief of Boring Hacks) at the helm of this project can make it better.
Old 2006-03-29, 06:43   Link #14
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
But, then again, perhaps the absense of Koichi Mashimo (head of BeeTrain and the Commander-in-Chief of Boring Hacks) at the helm of this project can make it better.
Well he did direct Noir and Madlax, which had their moments (black dresses of doom aside). He's still .Root's supervisor though ...
Old 2006-03-29, 06:59   Link #15
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

Quote:
As sure as ANN is Unfortunately my only experience of Ali Project is songs from Noir, Rozen Maiden and the Avenger OST, all of which were not commendable. Kajiura or Yoko Ueno (what happened to her?!) would have been ideal...
Ali is far away better than the Kajiura who made Tsubasa Chronicle, Eremental Gerad ou worse, Mai Otome. I don't expect anything from her...

Quote:
This is a good new, too. Bee Train's productions are better when he is not directing (Meine Liebe Weider is far away better than the the first season to my mind).
Old 2006-03-29, 07:12   Link #16
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blablabla
Ali is far away better than the Kajiura who made Tsubasa Chronicle, Eremental Gerad ou worse, Mai Otome. I don't expect anything from her...
Granted, those are Kajiura's least effective OSTs to date. But her work on Noir, Madlax, .Hack, Cossette and the Xenosaga game is pretty special. Even Mai Otome vol 2 is suprisingly good, though not her best (I suspect she couldn't find the enthusiasm for that Sunrise trash).

By contrast Ali Project have only done one OST (Avenger) and that was nothing to write home about.
Old 2006-03-29, 07:23   Link #17
Blablabla

Quote:

By contrast Ali Project have only done one OST (Avenger) and that was nothing to write home about..
You forgot Marimite
Old 2006-03-29, 08:16   Link #18
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
ALI Project also worked on Noir.
Old 2006-03-29, 08:32   Link #19
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Ah yes, both of those were OP songs (as was Rozen Maiden).
Old 2006-03-29, 08:35   Link #20
Blablabla

They also worked on Clamp School Detectives.
Closed Thread