AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-11-20, 09:03   Link #8641
fronttide

waw.... platinum sword >_<, a wind and steel god, godou will get that sword
fronttide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 10:01   Link #8642
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
So much to look forward to in future volumes, isn't there? Though as long as they're home in time for Valentine's Day, I'll be happy. Though maybe coming home a day or two too late for school might be fun in its own way... A wild Shizuka will appear!

That being said, maybe it's time for another volume of short stories, like V8. Aside from "continuing where the epilogue left off" (DUNDUNDUUUN), Jou-chan mentioned having a few ideas in the afterword. Valentine's Day, Annie Charlton's Case Files, News from the Marquis and the Older Sister...
It will be really awesome if in the final fight with KoTE, 7 Campiones will fight together for the first time in history.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 10:03   Link #8643
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

What. That didn't look like anyone was killed at all. Why the overreaction? There had been no buildup to them getting killed anyway. And when you guys said something about Godou actually kissing the girl, I thought he initiated it or something. I was disappointed to find it's just the girl forcing themselves on him and him going along with it.

I haven't seen anything new here.

And the part where Artos (was Artus a TL mistake or actual change of spelling in original or something) hides his name is just natural. The man is godslayer-slayer. He should have known that revealing name as a God is very stupid when it's a big key to know his abilities and thus to defeat him. He's supposed to kill those godslayer so he should know a trick of the trade. From a meta-perspective, it's because you need a suitable buildup and stage for The Reveal to happen so you just don't give something important away just like that.

With that said, I don't really think they're going to get defeated at all. If any of them did though, I'd be very much pleased.
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 10:10   Link #8644
bakapervert
A pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feng Lengshun View Post
What. That didn't look like anyone was killed at all. Why the overreaction? There had been no buildup to them getting killed anyway. And when you guys said something about Godou actually kissing the girl, I thought he initiated it or something. I was disappointed to find it's just the girl forcing themselves on him and him going along with it.

I haven't seen anything new here.

And the part where Artos (was Artus a TL mistake or actual change of spelling in original or something) hides his name is just natural. The man is godslayer-slayer. He should have known that revealing name as a God is very stupid when it's a big key to know his abilities and thus to defeat him. He's supposed to kill those godslayer so he should know a trick of the trade. From a meta-perspective, it's because you need a suitable buildup and stage for The Reveal to happen so you just don't give something important away just like that.

With that said, I don't really think they're going to get defeated at all. If any of them did though, I'd be very much pleased.
Man, do you really need to kill the mood. Yes I know that those three are not really killed here, but will it kill you to play along. The final boss just appear and wipe out three Campione effortlessly (even if they are not dead), that deserve some hurrah. And about the kissing, while its true that it's not Godou that initiated it, the earlier Godou will usually just stutter and evade the kiss. It might not seem much progress, but at least give the guy some credit for manning up a little.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 10:26   Link #8645
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

It's nothing really, it's just that the 'hype' I got from what you peeps said made me thought something awesome actually happened. I would have just, "Okay, that's not bad," if it wasn't for the 'hype'.

They're going to overturn it. For starter, Uldin isn't even there yet, I would expect him to have an important part in this. And then there's Lilianna and Yuri. If what I saw from the illustration was correct, she's probably going to use Smith's gun to help Godou or something. So, in summary, it's going to be practically five Godslayers vs three Heretic Gods, if Uldin did join the fray anyway (if he didn't expect that the Artos problem isn't closed in this volume).

That's what I think. I dunno, maybe spending a lot of time in TvTropes and The Mechanics of In Flight had warped me a little but it's mostly just "Eh, really?" for me now.
Old 2013-11-20, 10:43   Link #8646
Kadi
知識の探求者

Yes, it's ArtOs and not ArtUs. And no, Artos is not the King of the End.

And Feng just proved me right again in not checking the illustrations before reading. Kills so much of the suspense.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 10:47   Link #8647
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Yes, it's ArtOs and not ArtUs. And no, Artos is not the King of the End.
!?

Why are you spoiling me Kadi!?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 10:49   Link #8648
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Hm... I see, he's something like either Proto-Arthur/Proto-Artus or Fake-Artus huh... it reminds me of Alice's backstory about the King Arthur fight for some reason.

Eh, I'm not really in suspense at all. I simply just... analyzed it up. Well, TvTropes does ruins your live I suppose.
Old 2013-11-20, 10:49   Link #8649
Kadi
知識の探求者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
!?

Why are you spoiling me Kadi!?
Because I haven't read the chapter translated :-(

Or rather, how do you know I'm not just messing with your heads again? It's me who's talking there, come on!
Quote:
Hm... I see, he's something like either Proto-Arthur/Proto-Artus or Fake-Artus huh...
... no, he's not.
Old 2013-11-20, 10:53   Link #8650
Breimoon

well the translated ch says that Artos is not King of the end but the name of the goddess's son. SInce KOFT does not want his name heard she uses his son's name.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 10:56   Link #8651
Kadi
知識の探求者

So it was mentioned after all >_<

Herr Von im Himmel, why are scaring me like that! ^^
Old 2013-11-20, 10:59   Link #8652
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

But at least related to Artus in some way or another, probably.
Old 2013-11-20, 10:59   Link #8653
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

It's because you speak as if the one who appeared now isn't the real KotE
Quote:
It's me who's talking there, come on!

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 11:01   Link #8654
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Eh, you can't exactly take what everyone said at face value, basic lesson really. It's better to always confirm things for yourself. That said, what term do they use to call their 'magic energy' again?
Old 2013-11-20, 11:12   Link #8655
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

Osoroshi no otoko da, Owari no Ou.

Well, technically they survived by the next chapter due to:

- a third party saved them or
- Madame Aisha's protection did the trick somehow.

And finally, Godou and the the rest learned the terrifying prowess of the K.O.E.

And are they ready for round two?
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 11:21   Link #8656
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Eh, you can't exactly take what everyone said at face value, basic lesson really. It's better to always confirm things for yourself. That said, what term do they use to call their 'magic energy' again?
Uh, Divine power, magic power, ki ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Sanders View Post
Osoroshi no otoko da, Owari no Ou.

Well, technically they survived by the next chapter due to:

- a third party saved them or
- Madame Aisha's protection did the trick somehow.

And finally, Godou and the the rest learned the terrifying prowess of the K.O.E.

And are they ready for round two?
Maybe not ready, but they are a bunch of guys who could calmly walk towards a mortal battle while chatting like on a picnic. They are not going to shake in their boots or show fear just because their opponent is much, much stronger than them
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 11:21   Link #8657
havensgate
skull one

so kote is not the real artos, he is a wind and steel good god.
and from previous vol, war god and have something to do with argo pedigree.
any new hint kadi?
havensgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-20, 11:28   Link #8658
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Quote:
Originally Posted by havensgate View Post
any new hint kadi?
Huh? What in the hell are you saying? What Kadi said was that "Artos wasn't the real King of the End. What's the connection with the wind and steel god? That's a different God entirely actually. And what's with the god part? You lost me.

And I don't fully trust Kadi anyway. I still remember the whole Aisha being 1200 yrs old thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
Uh, Divine power, magic power, ki ?

Maybe not ready, but they are a bunch of guys who could calmly walk towards a mortal battle while chatting like on a picnic. They are not going to shake in their boots or show fear just because their opponent is much, much stronger than them
And are those are the same? Are divine power the same as magic power? A different form of energy? If yes, is it as different as a white light and a yellow light or is it as different as light and heat? How about ki? No unified term or unit?

But they'll probably retreat anyway.
Old 2013-11-20, 11:28   Link #8659
Kadi
知識の探求者

Quote:
Originally Posted by havensgate View Post
any new hint kadi?
I think his summoning was a pretty big hint...

Btw, the "god of wind and steel" is not the KotE, but another god.

@Magic energy: In general, we call it just that, magic energy. Dunno if zzhk makes a difference between Maryoku and Juryoku though or if both are simplified to magic energy. The Chinese martial arts mages like Yinghua call it ki, though, but then again, that's what the kanji say. ... maybe there were some other energies for other traditions, but I'm too lazy to look now. Spirit energy/Reiryoku, maybe. In the end, it should all be the same, anyway.

@"Aisha is 1200 years old": That was an honest mistake from the times when my Japanese and my reading techniques weren't as reliable as they are today ~~. Those were the times when I was still writing summaries! Good old times... Anyway, I always made sure I wrote disclaimers for those... Whatever, my bad, okay?
Old 2013-11-20, 11:52   Link #8660
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

I'm still mad but it's pretty much okay... though it made that part of my story stray from canon, I did have a justification for it anyway thanks to that (not that it really matters since I am going to stray from canon a lot anyway).

The same, as in, all is the same form of energy? No differences at all? Or are they pretty much convertable from one form to another? You know, at these times, I really wished the author would cut his expositions on history and myth trivias and instead do some world-building exposition instead.

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem