AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2015-04-10, 09:35   Link #21
RDNexus

I was afraid it'd be so... Even TVTropes helped me close to nothing...
Oh well... Thanks anyway. Who knows, maybe someone else may have some other knowledge.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-10, 20:22   Link #22
Parousia

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
How can I make it clearer? This one seems to be harder than I thought...

Do you know, in the Nanoha series, about the TSAB, the administrated worlds, the dimensional travels and the situations/cases that go on coming up with each new story of the franchise? I thought that there could be other series, specially in Anime, that had similar elements...

Please, tell me that I managed to make it clearer this time around...
I can't clearly grasp your description, but all I can think of while reading your post is Steins;Gate...It is mainly about time travelling and about world lines where parallel worlds exist.

Also does Virtual Reality count as another dimension? if so I would recommend Accel World.
Old 2015-04-11, 18:57   Link #23
kitten320

I have hard time understanding what you want... I am not familiar with Nanoha. Watched only 1 season about 4 years ago.

Forget Nanoha, pretend that none of us watched it and explain again as to what exactly are you searching for? Time Travel? Alternative reality? World travelling? Reincarnations?

For example Steins;Gate is time travelling and changing the flow of time as well as creating different realities in the process.

Inuyasha has main character travelling from modern time to ancient one. She happens to be a reincarnation of one of the characters of that time.

So what is it that you actually want?
Old 2015-04-11, 19:21   Link #24
RDNexus

Argh... Goodness... Even to me, it's a bit hard to explain...

Stories that had characters/groups/organizations that monitored other worlds or dimensions and had the means to cross dimensions, and had opponents/situations/cases related to dimensions...
Old 2015-04-11, 19:22   Link #25
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Once again it sounds like Noein.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-11, 19:40   Link #26
RDNexus

But not just Parallel Worlds/Alternate Universes, different worlds/dimensions as well.
I was trying to see if there were stories of that kind in different genres, and I only had Nanoha franchise as the main example...
Old 2015-04-11, 23:07   Link #27
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
But not just Parallel Worlds/Alternate Universes, different worlds/dimensions as well.
We know what you mean. Noein, Kyousogiga and Fantastic Children fit your criteria perfectly, especially if you give the series time.

And they all do it a lot more complex than Nanoha does.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-12, 02:46   Link #28
RDNexus

Kyousogiga seems to have a self-contained parallel dimension...
Fantastic Children deals with Time Travel...
Noein deals with Alternate Realities...

But that's not what I'm looking for... Dear goodness, this is really being a tough one...
Old 2015-04-12, 04:29   Link #29
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Kyousogiga seems to have a self-contained parallel dimension...
Fantastic Children deals with Time Travel...
Noein deals with Alternate Realities...
That's being extremely simplistic, not to say wrong, as you're talking about "seems", likely based on short summaries. Fantastic Children's plot, for instance, is absolutely more complicated than "time travel", but saying more would be spoiling (and it would take time). Same for the other two, believe me.

If you want parallel worlds/dimensions affecting each other and the likes, they all have it. But if not, maybe the only thing you're looking for is Nanoha itself.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-12, 05:19   Link #30
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
If you want parallel worlds/dimensions affecting each other and the likes, they all have it. But if not, maybe the only thing you're looking for is Nanoha itself.
Then I guess there really aren't other kinds of stories (in different genres) like the Nanoha franchise... Too bad...
It doesn't mean I won't check those stories but, in the end, I still think they don't exactly fit in what I was looking for, but oh well, thanks anyway.
Old 2015-04-12, 11:44   Link #31
IceHism

Quote:
Then I guess there really aren't other kinds of stories (in different genres) like the Nanoha franchise... Too bad...
It doesn't mean I won't check those stories but, in the end, I still think they don't exactly fit in what I was looking for, but oh well, thanks anyway.
So how about the airing gunslinger stratos, its earth vs parallel earth

Or bokurano which is a mecha universe vs other universe.

Cause its pretty easy to see what you want. You don't actually want Sci-Fi, you want an action show between entities in different dimensions. Though I don't see the point cause they all look human and have similar cultures anyways. I don't think there is a show with other-worldly cultures and this isn't limited to anime
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-12, 13:19   Link #32
RDNexus

Sci-Fi could be a plus, and if there were other kinds of beings other than humans, even better.
And I stated that there could be different genres, like Mecha, Mahou Shoujo, etc...
I was actually trying to find stories that had justifiable crossover possibilities...
Old 2015-04-13, 09:52   Link #33
Shyni

Quote:
Argh... Goodness... Even to me, it's a bit hard to explain...

Stories that had characters/groups/organizations that monitored other worlds or dimensions and had the means to cross dimensions, and had opponents/situations/cases related to dimensions...
Quote:
Sci-Fi could be a plus, and if there were other kinds of beings other than humans, even better.
And I stated that there could be different genres, like Mecha, Mahou Shoujo, etc...
I was actually trying to find stories that had justifiable crossover possibilities...
Not anime, but Kamen Rider Decade and its associated movies kinda fits these descriptions.

It's not something I'd recommend to most people though.
Shyni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-12, 06:07   Link #34
RDNexus

On a different note, if a story were to have elements from ARC-V's current conflicts, like different dimensions with groups of different Anime Genres, which genres and/or themes do you think could fit better for a more battle-oriented story?
Old 2015-09-22, 14:57   Link #35
gdpetti

Those listed previously are about as good as it gets, otherwise, you have to go 'esoteric' and read.... which comes down to 'channeled' sessions and only a handful have accomplished that task well. Good 'data' is extremely hard to find even if all you are doing is looking for some entertainment, as it is the 'arts' that have always been the teachers of the 'hidden arts', of knowledge in general and in specific...which is why the 'state' or 'state religion' always seeks to control it and everything else... so the best we can do is find those archetypal expressions in the artistic mediums of the day... and anime seems to do it the most, if not the best.... even the simple minded old Fox tv show 'Sliders' that was mentioned... if you know a little about what is really going on, it is interesting to see how much they actually got right. There is a reason that the same forms, or same looking 'bad guys' keep showing up in various projects... They represent the same ideas, which are thoughts, which make up all of existence. Much of the stuff gets silly or stupid just to sell the product.... Noein is good and Lain:Serial Experiments is close in aspects dealing with the reality of religion, thought control, and how the internet is/can be a tool for 'good' or 'bad' which always depends upon one's personal choice. Lain has the 'deep state' issue covered, close to the SG or secret govt issue, though not the same, but it doesn't go hyperdimensional, none of them really do due to lack of knowledge... which is again, rather esoteric, not many interested in it... not their time yet to explore that subject in their lives... but they partake of the essence here and there, mostly I guess without really realizing what they are doing... maybe it just feels 'right' or 'fun' or interesting at the time the artists are coming up with the idea to start with... which is all coming from their subconscious for the most part... another subject not dealt with much, unless you are a govt scientist working with the CIA, Mossad, MI-6 et al.

The Star Trek franchise did a pretty good job . The Matrix is perhaps the best to deal with our situation of being in 'Purgatory', this used to be symbolized with mazes like in Harry Potter... there is stuff out there if you recognize the symbols of the archetypes etc.

I'll have to check out 'Nanoha' which looks to be another 'magical girl' project, but like I said, there are bits and pieces of the truth all over the place, and we don't know what we are really looking for until after we find it... There was a manga called "Qualia the Purple" that covered a lot of the science side of this equation rather well. I don't think it's been given an animation. There's the cancelled Fox tv show, "Fringe", if you've seen that... and that was only one other dimension running parallel to our own... and there are said to be nearly countless others, and who knows how many of them have you in the same to similar form.... as choices determine the role we play in different vectors. There was a film from '04 called 'The Forgotten' that covered the alien abduction issue from a mothers point of view... that was interesting. It's always interesting to see these things visualized. In Japanese anime, there have been alot of apocalyptic storylines.. perhaps due to their experience after Truman's banker buddy thought it best to drop their bombs on them to warn the Soviets and simply to test them on live bodies.... remember we essentially did it to our own soldiers, so it isn't like any racial issue is really involved, mostly a factor of living in Purgatory and dealing with psychopaths that ponerize the system, like moths to a flame, not having a conscience makes it easy to do or say anything... and now we see all kinds of shows demonstrating how being pathological is the new norm, for a police state anyway, and who doesn't want to be a Nazi, right?!

I would love to have found more animes in this category, but anything that gets close to the reality of our world is usually discouraged and not produced, or the artist is 'messed' with but it's up to the artist to discover that truth first and very few get that far done the 'rabbit hole'. Wizard of Oz is good if you understand the symbol set being used... same with Alice in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass. Japanese artists seem to like to use the symbols but don't really use them correctly, only as trope-like tools for characterization... which is too bad, as they are dealing with much more than they realize... same with all of us though, as the question or meaning of life is discovering that very thing.
gdpetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-22, 15:47   Link #36
RDNexus

Wow... That's... Quite deep. Anyway, thanks for your contribution to this topic.
Old 2015-09-22, 15:58   Link #37
X207
Gamyūsa

Cross Ange fits the cross dimension/ alternate world subject, the first 11-12 have a good amount of fan service but the series gets much more serious/in depth following that. its in the mecha battle series.

Cross Ange is similar to World trigger though its a much darker story line. it doesnt really hide the realities of war either.

Higurashi no Koro is another good series. not exactly alternate dimesions but more of alternate realities. best seen starting from season 1 then se2.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-22, 16:23   Link #38
RDNexus

Thanks for those but I'm not interested in checking Cross Ange or Higurashi, too edgy for me
World Trigger, while it could have nice things to check upon, got me turned off by Toei Quality...
Old 2015-09-22, 17:31   Link #39
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Thanks for those but I'm not interested in checking Cross Ange or Higurashi, too edgy for me
World Trigger, while it could have nice things to check upon, got me turned off by Toei Quality...
np, not everyone likes seeing the realities of conflict. for me im just sick and tired of series where characters getting broken bones as the worst injures. those light hearted series often have hidden plots that arent unique or are trivial at times. that leaves more edgy series more in my interest. i take it that you dont have much interest in the darker plot of the edgy series.

im not sold on world trigger, dont like the mechanincs between the 2 main male MCs and the dark truth behind the series isnt edgy enough to get my attention.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-12, 12:00   Link #40
0cean
Transfer Adventurer

So you're looking for Choujikuu Seiki Orguss. Maybe. I dropped Nanobla during the first season, because it was - opposite to what people claimed - just another mahou shoujo shenanigans series. (Same with Madoka, later.) And somehow you were unable to say what you want without name dropping Nanobla. Thus I'm not sure if Orguss is really what you're looking for, but you have no one but yourself to blame for being imprecise in stating what you want.