AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-16, 01:12   Link #301
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcannis View Post
Ordering the ANIMATION hours after it was announced directly from the licensor: gratifying
Waiting 3 times as long for shipping than it took for my VF-25 model from Japan: irritating
Finishing my latest Aria cycle the day before my DVD's arrive: inspiring
Paying 26% duty to Canada Customs: infuriating
Ripping through 5 layers of packaging: exciting
Popping in the DVD and hearing the familiar "ha-hi!": soothing, calming, relaxing and utterly satisfying
dude, just pre-order it from chapters.indigo.ca next time. $45 loonies plus free shipping. (got my copy last week and marimite s2 already preordered)
Seravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 16:07   Link #302
Vulcannis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seravy View Post
dude, just pre-order it from chapters.indigo.ca next time. $45 loonies plus free shipping. (got my copy last week and marimite s2 already preordered)
I know, that's how I get all my anime. Every 2 months or so I create an order with all the stuff I'm interested in for the next few months and let it trickle in to my mailbox. Tis great. This time I just wanted to reward Nozomu for licensing it by cutting out the middlemen--unfortunately you can't cut out the government. So NATURAL will be joining my also already pre-ordered Marimite 2.

I took a glance at the DVD features but didn't get to check them out. Is that really a subtitled version of the producers(?) visit to Venice? I just finished watching that raw a couple weeks ago, it'll be nice to hear what they're actually saying this time.

I love how each time I watch Aria I notice different things. This time with ep 1 it was how they have lots of bare brick spots showing on buildings and random tied up gondolas littering the canals.
Vulcannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 16:24   Link #303
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
I took a glance at the DVD features but didn't get to check them out. Is that really a subtitled version of the producers(?) visit to Venice? I just finished watching that raw a couple weeks ago, it'll be nice to hear what they're actually saying this time.
Yep. Pretty much.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 20:22   Link #304
U<3Anime
Boo!

Was about to get the dvd set today....actually I bought it. However when I took a look around the store's art book section, I saw the Cielo art book O.O, so i quickly refunded the dvd set and added 10 more bucks for the book. Dvd set can wait,but art book can't. I made a rational choice right? >.>
Old 2008-10-19, 06:55   Link #305
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
Was about to get the dvd set today....actually I bought it. However when I took a look around the store's art book section, I saw the Cielo art book O.O, so i quickly refunded the dvd set and added 10 more bucks for the book. Dvd set can wait,but art book can't. I made a rational choice right? >.>
Yeah, my local manga distributor said they'd be getting Cielo and the other Aria artbooks in as time passes as well.
Weird, but a welcome thing.
Old 2008-10-20, 17:42   Link #306
Vulcannis

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
Yeah, my local manga distributor said they'd be getting Cielo and the other Aria artbooks in as time passes as well.
Weird, but a welcome thing.
Very nice. I've got the first and third one and they're beautiful, so hopefully this means I'll be able to find the second one somewhere soon. All the Aria stuff seems to have sold out everywhere, now that the series are over in Japan.

Hrm, reading the Guidebook it mentions Aria Company having 3 gondolas. I don't remember that from any of the series or the english manga releases. Small mistake? I must say I love the effort Nozomu put into this release, while the guidebook wasn't as elaborate as Emma's (but then it had less to work with) I'm real happy we got 4 of the 6 Japanese DVD covers and all the special features subbed.

Last edited by Vulcannis; 2008-10-20 at 21:28.
Vulcannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-11, 23:26   Link #307
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

For the sake of trying to be courteous... I'd like to use this for a while.

From way back on page 5. I don't think I've seen it being used lately. If someone else is using it, please let me know.

I've been using this...

...I assumed way back on page 4 that they were up for grabs and I've been using it almost exclusively since I joined AS. Love that girl, but having her for avy and sig is starting to feel like Akari overload. You know what they say about too much of a good thing.
Old 2009-02-11, 23:35   Link #308
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I don't think I've seen anyone else using that particular avatar (though I've seen one or two other representations of her). I'd say you're safe -- but keep your other avatar stored just in case.

Do you have a corresponding sig to match up with her?
Old 2009-02-11, 23:46   Link #309
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Do you have a corresponding sig to match up with her?
No, I don't. I usually need to have a sudden creative impulse to make sigs... and I don't get them very often, sorry to say.

I just happen to be watching "ANIMATION" again, and was rather stunned at how little I remembered of Alice's introduction in episode 3. She made quite an impression on me this time. I think I was too busy paying attention to Akari before.

Just goes to show the value of repeat viewings.
Old 2009-02-12, 18:34   Link #310
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Am I imagining things, or did more Alice avatars suddenly appear back here? I could have sworn there was only one before.

And I see the one I linked to in my earlier thread, the one I'm now using, has changed (different border)... must have been renamed?

Anyhow, I'll take that as being that it's ok to use the one I just changed to.
Old 2009-05-29, 02:58   Link #311
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Time for a change. Not using this anymore...

In case someone else likes it.
Old 2009-06-03, 11:21   Link #312
KimmyChan

So let me get this straight...THIS Aria series is the first series?
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 11:36   Link #313
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyChan View Post
So let me get this straight...THIS Aria series is the first series?
Yes. I'm pretty sure your question was answered in the Origination thread but I'll give your a rundown:
Series 1 - ARIA the ANIMATION
Series 2 - ARIA the NATURAL
OVA - ARIA the OVA ~Arietta~
Series 3 - ARIA the ORIGINATION

Also:
Spoiler for J-rawk:
Old 2009-06-04, 07:08   Link #314
KimmyChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
Yes. I'm pretty sure your question was answered in the Origination thread but I'll give your a rundown:
Series 1 - ARIA the ANIMATION
Series 2 - ARIA the NATURAL
OVA - ARIA the OVA ~Arietta~
Series 3 - ARIA the ORIGINATION

Also:
Spoiler for J-rawk:

Thanks for clearing that up for me, I now understand which order this series goes in

(And that pic put a smile on face aswell)
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 08:16   Link #315
xKeen

Just started this anime because I saw good comments about this anime.I'm only till the 9th episode of first season,and liking it a lot.It has a nice calming feel to it.I think it would look great in blu-ray,not complaining..I guess the DVD version is enough.I like the opening of this too.

Credits to Pellissier~
xKeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 15:19   Link #316
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
You have 43 episodes, 1 special and 1 OVA full of beauty, love, and mellow music ahead of you. Enjoy!
Old 2009-11-11, 19:55   Link #317
xKeen

Ha-hi...I had tears on episode 11.
This is good,proceeding to second season.

Credits to Pellissier~

Last edited by xKeen; 2009-11-11 at 20:19.
xKeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 01:07   Link #318
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKeen View Post
Ha-hi...I had tears on episode 11.
This is good,proceeding to second season.
second season sort of drags just a little, but its excellent as well. Origination is where this series is ridiculously good in every aspect. artwork, music, story, character development.

some of the best moments of season 2 are in the teens and it takes a while to get there, but its worth it.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 01:40   Link #319
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Anytime things suck (which they do often lately).... a dose of ARIA helps a lot, better than a dandelion patch.

Which reminds me I need to see what the status is of getting Origination onto R1 DVDs...
Old 2017-08-12, 19:07   Link #320
Dextro
He Without a Title

Raise!!! Raise oh thread for Nozomi Entertainment is trying to kickstart a dub for this amazing show!

Tags
science fiction, slice of life