AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-08, 09:56   Link #6081
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Well, the only exception would be Orsola, and even she's not a completely normal nun...
Old 2010-11-08, 10:49   Link #6082
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuiichi9 View Post
Many nuns resemble anything except being a nun. If the world had nuns like them then more people would suffer and the world would be in a worse state than it already is.
Lol, you make it sound like Nuns have any control over how the world works.
Old 2010-11-08, 15:09   Link #6083
yuiichi9

If a woman like vasilisa exist in this world would you imagine the bloodshed she would cause if someone made her very mad. If the news spread thorough the world that someone like her exist and decide that she is a threat to humanity then the countless casualties would increase. That is not a laughing matter. With the way many of the nuns behave if they are nuns then I am a saint.
Old 2010-11-08, 15:09   Link #6084
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuiichi9 View Post
Many nuns resemble anything except being a nun. If the world had nuns like them then more people would suffer and the world would be in a worse state than it already is.
wrong if we had more nuns like them id start going to church again
Old 2010-11-08, 18:05   Link #6085
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

This series sure has so many (if not 95%) people that can be described as dangerous criminals.
First is the fire mage. He seems to go all out against Touma in their first meeting, against an innocent man who doesn't know anything about the situation he was dragged into. If not because of IB Touma would surely be killed.
Then the greatest alchemist, then the holy knights.
Then again with Accelerator and mad scientists in academy city.
Then with other magical factions like the Aztek one.
Then the Jewish dark-skinned oba-san, also overzealous knights of England.
Then the whole 200 nuns squad. That's down-right nightmare! RCC is so damn evil that I think the God's Right Seats is normal. They kill people just because they can anyway.
Then we also saw the scary side of that annoying lesbian b!tch. Her power can easily kill a person if she wants to!
Then again with RCC's bad deed, and again, and again, and again.
Poor AC board of directors. I betja some of them aren't even involved in the inhuman experiments in AC but claim their position by other nicer means. They were killed by Accelerator and Vento anyway.
Children in vol. 15 are friggin mercs and merciless!
Overzealous knight that always resolve conflict with violence is also bad.
How about civil wars!?
Then WW3. Fimama isn't such a bad guy after all. He's just retard. Aleister might be worse. But what about Laura!?

The only one that remain the too-good-to-exist-guy is Touma. There's noway Accelerator's past can be forgiven. Hamazura is also cruel (this guy is more scarier than Accel imo). I like Aqua more than Hamazura and Accel.

And seriously, who do think is worse in your opinion:
1. The guy who raped and killed your entire family in front of your eyes.
2. Hitler who has been dead since before u were born. Some of u might live in a country where Nazi never reached.

I consider most villains in this series to be as bad as Aleister and Fiamma. Even if these two don't exist, bad things will continue.
Old 2010-11-08, 18:23   Link #6086
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
This series sure has so many (if not 95%) people that can be described as dangerous criminals.
First is the fire mage. He seems to go all out against Touma in their first meeting, against an innocent man who doesn't know anything about the situation he was dragged into. If not because of IB Touma would surely be killed.
Then the greatest alchemist, then the holy knights.
Then again with Accelerator and mad scientists in academy city.
Then with other magical factions like the Aztek one.
Then the Jewish dark-skinned oba-san, also overzealous knights of England.
Then the whole 200 nuns squad. That's down-right nightmare! RCC is so damn evil that I think the God's Right Seats is normal. They kill people just because they can anyway.
Then we also saw the scary side of that annoying lesbian b!tch. Her power can easily kill a person if she wants to!
Then again with RCC's bad deed, and again, and again, and again.
Poor AC board of directors. I betja some of them aren't even involved in the inhuman experiments in AC but claim their position by other nicer means. They were killed by Accelerator and Vento anyway.
Children in vol. 15 are friggin mercs and merciless!
Overzealous knight that always resolve conflict with violence is also bad.
How about civil wars!?
Then WW3. Fimama isn't such a bad guy after all. He's just retard. Aleister might be worse. But what about Laura!?

The only one that remain the too-good-to-exist-guy is Touma.
There's noway Accelerator's past can be forgiven. Hamazura is also cruel (this guy is more scarier than Accel imo). I like Aqua more than Hamazura and Accel.
Two or three things I disagree with. First, Kuroko's powers can kill. Doesn't mean she has or is willing to kill.

Two, I don't know about Vento, but the board of Director that Accel is shown to have killed was involved with the current case. He was by no means an innocent.

Three, you are forgetting Misaka. She may not be on the same level of too-good-to-exist Touma, but she's up there.

Whether Accel can be forgiven is up to you, but all he is doing at the moment is trying to protect and save Last Order, and to a lesser extent, the other Sister's. Even Worst.

The same with Hamazura. He's just trying to save his girlfriend (though I agree, he can be reaher frightning)
Old 2010-11-08, 18:29   Link #6087
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Wait, what? When did Hitler get into this conversation? And what's wrong with having a lot of villains? It's a whole lot more interesting than having everyone be good guys.

And saying that Kuroko's power can easily kill a person if she wants to - you're completely ignoring the fact that she's in Judgment, a strict upholder of the rules, and would NEVER kill someone, as seen in volume 8? Also, there are loads more people with powers that can kill people (e. g. Mikoto) but why are you using that as an excuse to hate on only Kuroko?

Stiyl probably wouldn't have killed Touma. Left him with unconscious with some burns, maybe, but he had to get Index at the time and Touma was in the way.

God's Right Seat is IN the Roman Catholic Church.

Also, how is Hamazura scarier than Accel? If you're talking about tactics in killing people, you can see plenty of his Nightmare Fuel in volume 13 where he managed to completely tear apart the Hound Dogs physically and mentally without even using his powers.

You also have to take in mind that the only people Accel killed after he met Last Order either attacked him first or downright deserved it.
Old 2010-11-08, 18:31   Link #6088
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

now that i think about it wouldn teleportation be useful on accel?
Old 2010-11-08, 18:37   Link #6089
Ashaman

No. Apparently its a lot like Magic. It doesn't bouce back, but sorta just goes poof on his barrier.

I'm not majorly sure. Wait til someone with more experience answers.

But one thing I do know is, teleportation doesn't work on Accel. Well, not unless he let it or his reflection was off.
Old 2010-11-08, 18:38   Link #6090
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

No. Accel's Redirection has been stated to be effective against teleportation, although he says something weird happens in the eleventh dimension (or something).
Old 2010-11-08, 19:07   Link #6091
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

It was stated that something strange happens in the 3rd (not the 11th) dimension when he reflects teleportation-type abilities.
Old 2010-11-08, 19:33   Link #6092
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubicjack View Post
It was stated that something strange happens in the 3rd (not the 11th) dimension when he reflects teleportation-type abilities.
Which means that the teleportation would still occur, but once it reaches Accelerator in the 3rd dimension, redirection would be activated.
Old 2010-11-08, 19:51   Link #6093
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Ah, sorry. I fail big time at physics.
Old 2010-11-08, 19:51   Link #6094
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
First, Kuroko's powers can kill. Doesn't mean she has or is willing to kill.
She already stated she will kill Touma is Mikoto keeps her interest on him.

Quote:
Two, I don't know about Vento, but the board of Director that Accel is shown to have killed was involved with the current case. He was by no means an innocent.
Director Thomas is alive, he even hires mercenaries to rid off Accelerator. And lets not forget that 11/12 members of the Board of Director are involved with the dark side of A.C.

Quote:
Three, you are forgetting Misaka. She may not be on the same level of too-good-to-exist Touma, but she's up there.
If you ignore the several time she throw mortal attacks Touma... yeah sure.

Quote:
Whether Accel can be forgiven is up to you, but all he is doing at the moment is trying to protect and save Last Order, and to a lesser extent, the other Sister's. Even Worst.

The same with Hamazura. He's just trying to save his girlfriend (though I agree, he can be reaher frightning)
Hamazura isn't that cruel, if not he would have claimed to make public the Parameter List, but even he knows very well that will lead to Academy City's halt.
Old 2010-11-08, 19:52   Link #6095
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Which means that the teleportation would still occur, but once it reaches Accelerator in the 3rd dimension, redirection would be activated.
but 3rd dimension is our dimention, and if it was teleportated into accelerator?but well i kinda get the idea of him reflecting the power of teleportation itself so thanks for the answers.
Old 2010-11-08, 20:08   Link #6096
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
She already stated she will kill Touma is Mikoto keeps her interest on him.
I think this is one of those, I say I'll kill you, but probably wont. At least, I hope it is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
If you ignore the several time she throw mortal attacks Touma... yeah sure.
Only cause she knows he can block it. Though if one day, for whatever reason, he can't or misses, Someone's going to die, and someones going to cry
Old 2010-11-08, 20:35   Link #6097
tsunade666

someone throws millions of bolts like nothing... .great if it's not touma it would probably toast crisp corpse. Even if Gunha is managing to withstand it with pure will power their is still a chance it would slip and kill the target.

Teleportation works by transferring the object into 11th dimension. Works like a warping ability. Making the distant short. But once it appears in 3rd dimension or this dimension it would still be filter by accelerator's filter.
Old 2010-11-08, 20:48   Link #6098
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i wonder who will the center of the next novels since probably toumaprobably wont be back soon, i think and hope we get to know more about touma and index pre-memory loss.
Old 2010-11-08, 20:56   Link #6099
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
i wonder who will the center of the next novels since probably toumaprobably wont be back soon, i think and hope we get to know more about touma and index pre-memory loss.
wat u mean pre-memory loss?
Old 2010-11-08, 21:25   Link #6100
Flere821
Lurker

^ Touma lost his memory after saving Index back in the 1st Volume.

And as for the teleporting thing on Accelerator, it's been stated in Vol20 that since Academy City esper abilities work by AIM fields, a teleported sends things through the 11th dimension and when it reaches Accel in the 3rd dimension it is reflected. Though due to the AIM field passes through the 11th dimension and not the 3rd it doesn't get reflected back to the origin; Accel only said 'something strange happens in the 3rd dimension' and that he's unharmed by teleport if he has reflect on.

EDIT: I've finished a summary of Volume 4 on wikia, and someone else did a comparison of the anime version of it as well. Feel free to go check it out: http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com...Angel_Fall_Arc

Last edited by Flere821; 2010-11-08 at 21:36.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen