AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-22, 23:02   Link #1821
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I dunno, episode preview says differently though. At the very least, Andy is different in that regard.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 23:17   Link #1822
Ypocaramel

Physical touching has a big emotion impact on Amata I'd say. Mikono putting her hand on him in episode 1+2 helped fly Aquarion into orbit, grabbing his hand in episode 5 seemed to have some significance too even if I just came back down to earth. He flies easily when Zess touches somehow. I mean there are plenty of reasons why Amata flies but being touched seems to get a reaction from him, for whatever reason. Maybe he's just shy.
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 23:20   Link #1823
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
While its true amata is only interested in mikono he had a weird reaction to mix's mentioning that zessica was walking around in her underwear.
This is the first time we've seen him turn completely beet red and then hit the ceiling with an audible thud. His imagination must have really been running since the conversation about underwear... or he's just really hones with his instincts.

That said, I wonder if we may not just see Zessica change her clothes in the coming episode. The start of the episode (and talk with Mix) made it clear that she wasn't at all thinking about her appearance or getting embarrassed about being almost naked (seemingly the thought never crossed her mind on whether or not she was revealing to much, or being bashful about it), but, by the end of it, she was embarrassed to be seen by Amata despite not being any less clothed than normal (both in the Aquarion and at the end when she ran off with Amata's picture). It would be a sort of irony that she'd be the one to cover up after Mikono was the one, just this episode, to contemplate bearing a bit more for Amata's attention with Zessica encouraging her to show off even more(!). (She is missing from the preview... I smell conspiracy!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ypocaramel View Post
Physical touching has a big emotion impact on Amata I'd say. Mikono putting her hand on him in episode 1+2 helped fly Aquarion into orbit, grabbing his hand in episode 5 seemed to have some significance too even if I just came back down to earth. He flies easily when Zess touches somehow. I mean there are plenty of reasons why Amata flies but being touched seems to get a reaction from him, for whatever reason. Maybe he's just shy.
Zess didn't touch him this last episode when he hit the roof nor when they talked about underwear. The first episode's event I think was a lot of things combining (adrenaline, panic, concern, determination, etc), while the fifth episode was driven by the moment. I don't think touching is all that relevant on the overall but the circumstances (unless you're getting his by someone's breast, naturally).
Old 2012-02-22, 23:26   Link #1824
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I dunno, episode preview says differently though. At the very least, Andy is different in that regard.
Previews lie all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ypocaramel View Post
16 years old and getting touched by beautiful girls? Even if it just holding hands, sticking arm through her cleavage, face plant up her skirt, or getting physically chummy with a little girl under suspicious circumstances, Anybody would have a reaction- but it's just that Amata's ability translate that little bit of reaction, no matter how small, into a very big and overt response.

Funny thing is, I wonder why Amata's ability doesn't trigger when he's angry or pumped up like in battle... Well if he did then I must have forgotten...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 23:34   Link #1825
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Funny thing is, I wonder why Amata's ability doesn't trigger when he's angry or pumped up like in battle... Well if he did then I must have forgotten...
Yeah, the last episode when he embarassed being seen by Mikono and Zess should make Spada fly XD

Maybe Aquarion limits his Element power, as in make it controllable, beside amplify it when it used. So his Element power won't get activated unless Amata really want to use it [to attack the enemy]
Old 2012-02-22, 23:39   Link #1826
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Yeah, the last episode when he embarassed being seen by Mikono and Zess should make Spada fly XD

Maybe Aquarion limits his Element power, as in make it controllable, beside amplify it when it used. So his Element power won't get activated unless Amata really want to use it [to attack the enemy]
EVOL flew in episode (1-2) where he used the [Flying Love Attack], but only after gaining an emotional power-up from Mikono.

Other than that... I think Spada flew abit... Did Gepard flew when he used the [Dogeza orz] ?

Well regardless, I thought Aquarion would be flying all the time whenever Amata is onboard
Old 2012-02-22, 23:46   Link #1827
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
EVOL flew in episode (1-2) where he used the [Flying Love Attack].

Other than that... I think Spada flew abit... Did Gepard flew when he used the [Dogeza orz] ?

Well regardless, I thought Aquarion would be flying all the time whenever Amata is onboard
That's what I meant. The Flying Love Attack, Dogeza, and Spada flew are the moments Amata intentionally wanted to use his power.

Flying Love Attack is because he wanted to protect Mikono; Dogeza is because he wanted to apologize to Mikono (after Andy told him the girls could watch their training); and Spada's agility increased when Shrade piloted it because Amata wanted to defeat Kagura.

We yet to see Amata unintentionally get his power activated because his emotion while pilot Aquarion. That's why I think Aquarion enables him to control his power ^^
Old 2012-02-23, 01:18   Link #1828
Ypocaramel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Zess didn't touch him this last episode when he hit the roof nor when they talked about underwear. The first episode's event I think was a lot of things combining (adrenaline, panic, concern, determination, etc), while the fifth episode was driven by the moment. I don't think touching is all that relevant on the overall but the circumstances (unless you're getting his by someone's breast, naturally).
I didn't say touching was collerated with flying in any way. I just think different people react differently to being touched, and that Amata seems to be the type who's more sensitive. Of ccourse the hot girls thing is completely relevant.
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 01:34   Link #1829
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
A few more points on Episode 8 given some of the recent posts made on this thread:

1) This episode went a long way to making Zessica a much more serious challenge to Mikono in the Amata-focused love triangle. Chaos2Frozen and I disagreed on Zessica having a crush on Amata an episode ago, but I don't think there can be any doubt now that she has a serious crush on him.

2) Amata and Zessica clearly like each other in a general sense. The high-five they gave each other after the victory was pretty telling. I think they already view each other at least as friends. I also get the impression that Zessica arouses feelings of lust within Amata more than any other girl (including Mikono) does, given how beat red he went over the underwear comment pertaining to Zessica and her attire. Interestingly, though, I think that Amata feels more romance for Mikono (in the sense of "mushy affection" or "puppy dog love" shall we say) than Zessica. It's a neat love triangle dynamic at play here.

3) Andy and Mix don't have a lot going on between them so far, but Mix's willingness to show him enough respect to talk seriously with him over an archeological find is suggestive here given Mix's strong dislike of men in general. It's also important given how often the anime is pairing those two off in scenes. As unlikely a pair as they would seem at first glance, the anime really does seem to be gradually pushing them together.
Old 2012-02-23, 01:50   Link #1830
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Jelly Mikono is cute :3
Old 2012-02-23, 01:57   Link #1831
Krytonis
Koomi-kun~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Jelly Mikono is cute :3
haha, you're right! It is quite funny though and cute
Old 2012-02-23, 03:05   Link #1832
KBTKaiser

Amata's ability activates with sudden change in emotions, I think. That, combined with a short fuse of a mental imagery...yeeeaaaaah
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 03:32   Link #1833
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
I've never realized that EVOL-LOVE thing. I've no real basis to say that because my Aquarion knowledge is really poor, but could it be an explanation (or a key) of how the current main characters are the exact opposite of the previous ones? Or on a more wide angle can it be that references between the two series have to be reversed? Like Aquarion EVOL= !Aquarion?
Ok, sorry, I had to say it, even if probably it is nonsensical, keep going
Actually, I'm pretty sure (like, 99%) that the EVOL-LOVE thing is tied to the whole "no romance" thing. Neo-Deava (except Fudou, I suppose) believes that piloting while in love makes Aquarion go berserk, hence the no romance rule. But given that this is Aquarion and love is a huge theme, I predict that it'll turn out that you just have to be the right person in love with the right person/you have to be really deeply in love/all three pilots must be in love/something like that, and Aquarion EVOL will turn into Aquarion LOVE and the bad guys will be defeated.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 05:01   Link #1834
Zuul

Quote:
While its true amata is only interested in mikono he had a weird reaction to mix's mentioning that zessica was walking around in her underwear.
As the story progresses he seems to fly higher and higher for Zessica.
At first he was all Mikono san this Mikono san that, but it has also been toned down a lot.

He also seems to make absolutely no effort to make their relationship progresses.

If my reincarnation theory holds some truth (Zessica being Celiane and Amata Appollonius), I think Mikono may not just be showing supposedly endearing jealous feats but being actually perceptive enough to feel she has good chance to become the next NTR victim.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 05:19   Link #1835
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
I think what was meant was what helped Amata touch ground again: in episode five, she gripped his hand and lowered him down. I don't think the statement has really anything to do with how he flew but rather how he came back down. Hence why he's so-called "shy."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
He also seems to make absolutely no effort to make their relationship progresses.
Sadly, when you look at the recent episodes, they barely leave room in the episode for "relationship progress." We've got other relationships going on besides them. And the next episode will hopefully prove that with Andy and Mix.

Quote:
If my reincarnation theory holds some truth (Zessica being Celiane and Amata Appollonius), I think Mikono may not just be showing supposedly endearing jealous feats but being actually perceptive enough to feel she has good chance to become the next NTR victim.
Even if she is the NTR, it doesn't explain why Kagura wants her only. She has some connection to the plot, if not a reincarnation of someone significant.
Old 2012-02-23, 05:34   Link #1836
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post

Even if she is the NTR, it doesn't explain why Kagura wants her only. She has some connection to the plot, if not a reincarnation of someone significant.
I think there are 2 sets of reincarnations.

So Appollo-->Kagura
And Silvia -->Mikono

I wouldn't bet money on it since it makes no room for Alicia who could realistically be a big part of the reincarnation mess and a good contender for Silvia's reincarnation.

Spoiler for image:

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=25297578
Old 2012-02-23, 06:25   Link #1837
mayumi

Quote:
This is the first time we've seen him turn completely beet red and then hit the ceiling with an audible thud. His imagination must have really been running since the conversation about underwear... or he's just really hones with his instincts.

That said, I wonder if we may not just see Zessica change her clothes in the coming episode. The start of the episode (and talk with Mix) made it clear that she wasn't at all thinking about her appearance or getting embarrassed about being almost naked (seemingly the thought never crossed her mind on whether or not she was revealing to much, or being bashful about it), but, by the end of it, she was embarrassed to be seen by Amata despite not being any less clothed than normal (both in the Aquarion and at the end when she ran off with Amata's picture). It would be a sort of irony that she'd be the one to cover up after Mikono was the one, just this episode, to contemplate bearing a bit more for Amata's attention with Zessica encouraging her to show off even more(!). (She is missing from the preview... I smell conspiracy!)
all zessica needs to do is put a coat(whatever the color) on like silvia's but then she really would look a little similar and because she isn't silvia we don't need viewers getting confused about it

apparently i read on 2ch(saying it was by the director or custome desinger, can't find it anymore, sorry) saying that they wanted to give zessica a skirt as well but then decided it would be better is sasanqua got the skirt pants instead.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 06:57   Link #1838
Zuul

Quote:
all zessica needs to do is put a coat(whatever the color) on like silvia's but then she really would look a little similar and because she isn't silvia we don't need viewers getting confused about it

apparently i read on 2ch(saying it was by the director or custome desinger, can't find it anymore, sorry) saying that they wanted to give zessica a skirt as well but then decided it would be better is sasanqua got the skirt pants instead.
Thankfully they changed their mind.XD
One shouldn't conceal such a figure.
Old 2012-02-23, 08:02   Link #1839
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
As the story progresses he seems to fly higher and higher for Zessica.
Lol what's your rationale for this? Because every single time Amata flew it's always to the ceiling regardless of the originator

While Triple_R is right that I cannot reasonably deny Zessica's growing feelings for Amata without sounding like a certain delusional Kazumi fan (Shana), I'm more than certain that Amata hasn't even begun to feel the same way about her.

Also, the reason why Amata flew more times with Zessica is because of all her teasing
Old 2012-02-23, 08:36   Link #1840
Zuul

Quote:
Lol what's your rationale for this? Because every single time Amata flew it's always to the ceiling regardless of the originator

While Triple_R is right that I cannot reasonably deny Zessica's growing feelings for Amata without sounding like a certain delusional Kazumi fan (Shana), I'm more than certain that Amata hasn't even begun to feel the same way about her.

Also, the reason why Amata flew more times with Zessica is because of all her teasing
In saw him pityfully stuck to the cellar for the first time during episode 8 and it was all Zessica doing.

Tags
comedy, science fiction