AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

View Poll Results: Another - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 23 31.94%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 31.94%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 15.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 15.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.17%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.39%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-05, 20:18   Link #41
Extremesonic101

Btw is the cute girl I'm devestated over named Aya Ayano? or was Ayano the only name we were given and I'm calling her Aya for some dumb reason?

Because for some reason I remember her being called Aya somewere but I can't remember when ._.;
Old 2012-03-05, 20:31   Link #42
Diveman

NOOOO!!!!! not the short haired girl too!!!!!!!!!

She was the only one I didnt want to die !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As soon as I saw them walking far from Kouichi i thought "they're done"...also what kind of idiot pulls off a tape like that? just stop it and take the whole box while hiding GEEZ!!!

next week: more classmates panic and break in tears
Old 2012-03-05, 20:51   Link #43
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Well, I did expect it after Ayano was worried, but its too bad, cause I really liked her energetic personality and she was cute too(that hairstyle =03).

Misaki placing that paper flower in her hair was cute X03!

It was a theory that leaving the town may prevent the calamity, but it sure seemed this episode that it wasn't the case. I wonder if it's actually the opposite, and that you can only leave the town if you have the Another with you.

Man, they sure made Misaki SUPER-suspicious this week. Not even counting the coincidence of her being in the art room at the exact few moments before the guys arrived(if she wasn't lying), all the close-ups and 'coincidental' accidents with the window and the lockers just seemed like she was up to something. Since she was knowledgeable about the moaning of the basement, she might have snooped around and already found that tape, pointing it out for Kouichi to get. Also, the cohesiveness of that tape that SHOULD have been there for 14 years was far too strong and the color of it was slightly different that the color that wrapped the tape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diveman View Post
As soon as I saw them walking far from Kouichi i thought "they're done"...also what kind of idiot pulls off a tape like that? just stop it and take the whole box while hiding GEEZ!!!
Indeed, it was really stupid to make him do that. A speck of dumb writing in an otherwise masterful story. They could have at least made the tape player malfunction, causing the tape to be destroyed or something =0\.

Old 2012-03-05, 21:15   Link #44
Taynis
Wonderland's hitman

Send a message via MSN to Taynis
"If only that transfer student hadn't spoke to Misaki..." and Akazawa's look to Misaki made me think that some students are not very happy with them.

New students in the opening: Saruda Nobori and half of Ouji Makoto...

Chibiki is the drama club's advisor?

I liked Ayano

Preview: There is someone dead by a tree...
Old 2012-03-05, 22:07   Link #45
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
That scared me when the shit hit the windshield LOL I jumped!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quancio View Post
Lol, when the started playing the tape, I was like 'just fucking say it' and of course we got what we got.

Also, is it common in Japan to have your car lights turned off during rain and when it's clearly dark? I was like, oho car lights broke, someone won't notice them while corner-cutting or some shit. But they all had their lights off which was a little wtf moment for me. I would understand if it was a sunny day, but come on... Here in Poland you have to have your lights turned on 24/7, no matter the weather :P
Over here in my city your lights have to be on around when the sunsets i think it is 5 or 6pm. Though nobody really enforces this, unless the police need their quota for tickets. Same would go for a burnout headlight.
Old 2012-03-05, 22:15   Link #46
Jimmy C

I think both the kills this episodes can be classified as "auto accident"
Old 2012-03-05, 22:53   Link #47
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Someone take away that guy's license and put him in jail.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2012-03-05, 22:58   Link #48
justsomeguy

Good job, Teshigawara. I know that the cassette tape was on the way out in 1998, but not knowing how to press stop is ridiculous.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
Old 2012-03-05, 22:58   Link #49
Azn

Episode had me on edge for quite a bit. Death flags were triggered everywhere but it ended up going to the two girls.

We're down to three episodes, and I'm thinking we're probably gonna start hitting some major character deaths soon before they finally somehow resolve all this.

Also, that tape. :/
Old 2012-03-05, 23:24   Link #50
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremesonic101 View Post
Btw is the cute girl I'm devestated over named Aya Ayano? or was Ayano the only name we were given and I'm calling her Aya for some dumb reason?
Her name was Akane Ayano ( ). She may have been called Aya for short, though I don't remember anyone doing so. Also, haguruma has updated the class roster I translated partially. In addition, the other girl whose brother died this episode is called Yumi Ogura (小椋 由美).

I've heard her surname before, but didn't know it was written this way. Well, that's one of the complexities of kanji for you. Who, for example, would know that 小鳥遊 is Takanashi and not Kotoriasobi, eh?
Old 2012-03-06, 00:33   Link #51
Dark Wing

Awwww...I so wanted the drama club girl to live...
Old 2012-03-06, 00:38   Link #52
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

At least the guy died at his computer... (Every otaku's dream?)

"I don't want anyone else to die, so I don't want to tell Akazawa!"
--> Telling the two guys
--> Telling the two girls
(;^ω^)?
Isn't he just trying to kill off every classmate except for the ones he wants in his harem?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2012-03-06, 00:40   Link #53
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
"I don't want anyone else to die, so I don't want to tell Akazawa!"
--> Telling the two guys
--> Telling the two girls
(;^ω^)?
Isn't he just trying to kill off every classmate except for the ones he wants in his harem?
Do you think he subconsciously suspects Akazawa?

Old 2012-03-06, 01:35   Link #54
Unknown Soldier
:D

One of the biggest problems with film series like Final Destination is that you spend all of your time wondering who's going to die next, and what ridiculous method of dying it will be. It tends to destroy any sense of suspense, especially when this show telegraphs every death in advance so blatantly. The show's staff made a mistake by always having the death scenes at the end of each episode, this predictability ruins all sense of suspense because any 'fake death' scene in the middle of the episode will always be known to be fake well in advance, because the episode isn't nearly over yet!

The Calamity, such as it is, is clearly trolling the main characters at this point. Oh don't worry, I'm sure they'll repair the tape soon enough, only for it to be playing back after it's far too late to do whatever it is they were supposed to do.

Count me in the camp who strongly suspects that Izumi is the Another. Why else would she be so hellbent on finding a way to stop the Calamity? Everyone's been assuming that the Another is malicious and responsible for the Calamity. What if it's exactly the opposite? What if the Another comes back because he or she is looking for a way to stop the Calamity from occurring again? Izumi's insistence that she knows Kouichi from somewhere really places her under the most suspicion at this point.

It's almost amusing that Izumi is constantly giving Mei the stink-eye now, it's as if she suspects that Mei knows way more than she's letting on. A really long time ago in this show, Mei told Kouichi that her doll's eye lets her see things which should be unseen. If Izumi suspects that Mei knows she is the Another, she might be suspicious of Mei's motives, since Mei has thus far not given even the slightest indication about what knowledge she is seemingly hiding. Mei always seems so certain that nothing will happen to her, and is so detached as to almost be a disinterested bystander as the various people get gruesomely killed around her. She doesn't even count Kouichi among the immune, only herself.
Old 2012-03-06, 01:44   Link #55
ndqanh_vn

Quote:
Count me in the camp who strongly suspects that Izumi is the Another. Why else would she be so hellbent on finding a way to stop the Calamity? Everyone's been assuming that the Another is malicious and responsible for the Calamity. What if it's exactly the opposite? What if the Another comes back because he or she is looking for a way to stop the Calamity from occurring again? Izumi's insistence that she knows Kouichi from somewhere really places her under the most suspicion at this point.
Isn't it said that the Another is not malicious and even he/she himself is unaware of his/her death as his/her memories are also altered?

Izumi's insistence could be a hint for another theory as well.
Old 2012-03-06, 01:47   Link #56
Unknown Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndqanh_vn View Post
Isn't it said that the Another is not malicious and even he/she himself is unaware of his/her death as his/her memories are also altered?
I thought it was explicitly stated that the Another knows he or she is dead. Mei told Kouichi that awhile back IIRC.
Old 2012-03-06, 02:14   Link #57
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
I thought it was explicitly stated that the Another knows he or she is dead. Mei told Kouichi that awhile back IIRC.
It was Chibiki I believe who said the Another doesn't know that s/he is dead. But with the whole "hidden library" being mentioned, I dunno if everything he says should be taken as fact.

Old 2012-03-06, 03:22   Link #58
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

Even if the tape is fixed, it sounded like the revelation was already being obscured by the "static" that's shown up before (such as in the cell phone calls).
Old 2012-03-06, 03:22   Link #59
Lumir

Interesting speculation i was thinking about was how our main character has had a connection with each and ever person that has died. And also how his and misaki's "coupling" seemed to start the death chain.

Not to mention this episode alone raised suspicions about misaki, and that could be exactly what the author is intending. Its often good to think about what is not right in front of you and what is around what is put in front of you, in this case misaki's "aura" or whatever you would call it.

What im more interested in is the mysterious area's. Where did misaki go in the hospital so many ep's ago. The library and its librarian seem oddly suspicious.

And also what if believing in the phenomenon is the cause of the entire situation? It all started with people saying the dead girl was still apart of the class room, and they even took measures to make it seem like that. It would seem this entire issue is related to believing something that is not. What if their actions are actually empowering the thing they are so desperately trying to stop?
Old 2012-03-06, 03:29   Link #60
Unknown Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumir View Post

What im more interested in is the mysterious area's. Where did misaki go in the hospital so many ep's ago.
She was going to the morgue to visit the dead body of her cousin (Fujioka Misaki). This was explained in an earlier episode. Well, that's still as creepy as it sounds. Mei's cuteness is well over 9000 but she does do some seriously creepy things during this show.

Quote:
The library and its librarian seem oddly suspicious.
Mr. Creepy Librarian was the homeroom teacher for Class 3 the year that Misaki Yomiyama, the original Misaki, died and started all curse stuff this way in the beginning. Again, this was explained in an earlier episode.
Closed Thread