AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-10-17, 00:36   Link #1
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Survival In A BETA-infested World

Welcome to Alternative Earth. It's a world very much like our own, and yet different in many ways... most prominently, an infestation of the Beings of Extra-Terrestrial origin that are Adversaries of the human race.

To be a human in this world is to live day from day. It is a time of both great technological achievement and mindbreaking terror.

You're a resident of Alternative Earth. How are you going to survive as long as possible? You can't keep the reaper from calling... but you can try evade him as long as possible.

This thread serves as a location for discussion of just how one would go about surviving in Alternative Earth, as well as a frank assessment of life expectancy and how badly humanity is fucked. Due to the nature of this topic, this is regrettably a spoiler zone - it is very difficult to discuss this topic without making references to materials outside the animated adaptation of Total Eclipse. That said, let's continue to use spoiler tags - it's merely good practice, afterall.

Let the posters beware.

tl;dr, as grevierr put it: Welcome to Survivor: Beta. Outlive. Outkill. Outlast.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-10-17 at 01:22.
Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 00:59   Link #2
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

When in doubt
Spoiler for Or hopeless surrounded:
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 01:30   Link #3
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

In the Grim Darkness of Muv Luv, there is only CHOMP!

For those unfamiliar with the background of humanity's war with the BETA, please take a look at this timeline on the wikia. It is translated from the Japanese wiki, which is in turn taken from the Intergral Works technical manual of the world.

BEWARE: SPOILERS GALORE!
http://muvluv.wikia.com/wiki/Alternative_Timeline

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 01:54   Link #4
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Joining the ADF anyway in January albiet as an Intelligence Operator so if it came to World War BETA I'd be one of those poor fuckers in the command centre just waiting for the doors to be busted down by soldier-kyuu.

That said I live in Australia so we're still pretty alright in the Alternative time line except we're a bit over crowded with refugees....

Still I'd put in for TSF Pilot Training. Is there a F111 TSF we know of? Otherwise soon we'd have F35 Lightning TSFs; the looks of a Raptor with the abilities of a Spitfire. Gawd.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 02:00   Link #5
Azrulnin
Cyberspace Traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
When in doubt
Spoiler for Or hopeless surrounded:
Decided to go kamikaze attack ne....

Doing this on military side perspective,or a civilian?. And what timeline should we start... after year 2000?

Surviving in this world is going to be hell. Being a soldier in such a young age.... I guess that what I do.But if being a TSF pilot is the only way to survive... It's rather kill,Or be killed.

But if is possible I would rather be a TSF mechanic rather than go to the battlefield. Let people call me a coward. A support team is as important as frontliners (but still need to learn how to shoot too)

Last edited by Azrulnin; 2012-10-17 at 02:29. Reason: Question
Azrulnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 02:24   Link #6
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Or we can be a little creative find if you a just army officer failed at TSF you got more ammo you can use find crap of lot cheap 4 x4 trucks jury rig it to be remote controlled with proximity timer load with high explosive and AP rounds =Sympathetic detonation .... let those DEMO trucks slow down the beta advance for a bit buy time for the civilians to evacuate ....
Old 2012-10-17, 02:30   Link #7
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrulnin View Post
Doing this on military side perspective,or a civilian?. And what timeline should we start... after year 2000?
Its up to you. Would you think taking military training would help increase your odds of survival? Or would keeping your head down help? Post and discuss it here.

And for timeline, lets put it at the TE/Alternative timeline for now, since we have the most info on this period. So around 2001.

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2012-10-17, 02:46   Link #8
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrulnin View Post
Decided to go kamikaze attack ne....

Surviving in this world is going to be hell. Being a soldier in such a young age.... I guess that what I do.But if being a TSF pilot is the only way to survive... It's rather kill,Or be killed.

But if is possible I would rather be a TSF mechanic rather than go to the battlefield. Let people call me a coward. A support team is as important as frontliners (but still need to learn how to shoot too)
IMHO being a TSF mechanic or machinist is vital is part of logistics .... Heck warfare in all about logistics a certain some one coin it as location and logic in real time situation .... Medics Engineers etc the supports class are vital they should be never look down upon ....
Old 2012-10-17, 03:06   Link #9
EmagEvil

Wow survival in this kind of world? May i say it's even more difficult than a zombie outbreak?

If you want to live you're only choice its to join the military, sure you can die anytime soon, but it's better than dying for hunger(no chance for foods to be found outside) or be eater by cannibals(see Chonicles Successions?)...
EmagEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 03:21   Link #10
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

I'm thinking if you want to have a relatively good standard of living, you would need to be working in the military somewhere. Meals and living quarters are provided for, and basic necessities are available.

Since working as a solider means you get to die first, so a rear line position would be good, since we want a lifestyle that is peaceful and non-threatening. Of course, it must also be a position that is non-threatening to other humans, since terrorists are abound in this world.

So what would the safest position be? Which country would you rather work for?

Old 2012-10-17, 03:33   Link #11
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

the that has no beta hive near yet I think US, Australia ... Africa ??? but social/ political tension must really high in those countries ( Heck all of the remaining countries are politically unable in 2001 ) as IRL by where I'm at The ASEAN must be in constant threat of being over run by beta
Old 2012-10-17, 03:51   Link #12
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Go to Easter Island and stay there.... A small island will not interest BETAs...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 03:53   Link #13
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

BETAs can swarm underwater btw.

Old 2012-10-17, 03:58   Link #14
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
BETAs can swarm underwater btw.
So they'll attack the island just because of the single "me"? Hmm... so I'm famous as Yuuya.... not bad....
Old 2012-10-17, 04:05   Link #15
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
So they'll attack the island just because of the single "me"? Hmm... so I'm famous as Yuuya.... not bad....
Not necessarily, they might just want to communicate with the Easter Island Heads... you can join them for tea though.

Old 2012-10-17, 04:06   Link #16
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Not necessarily, they might just want to communicate with the Easter Island Heads... you can join them for tea though.
Thank God.. I thought they'll gonna eat me....
Old 2012-10-17, 04:09   Link #17
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Thank God.. I thought they'll gonna eat me....
You better pray they JUST eat you... Strange experiments take place on islands ya-know.

Old 2012-10-17, 04:13   Link #18
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

...G-Bomb everything and run away to distant planet :P

though considering how well they do in TSFIA after alternative, I think I'll take the chance fighting the BETA slowly but surely.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 04:48   Link #19
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grylsyjaeger View Post

Still I'd put in for TSF Pilot Training. Is there a F111 TSF we know of? Otherwise soon we'd have F35 Lightning TSFs; the looks of a Raptor with the abilities of a Spitfire. Gawd.
We do have F-35's you know? Not sure whether they're being exported or not, but F-35's exist.

On-topic, ASEAN would be a good place. Considering according to a map I've seen they're mostly BETA-free.
Sounds like my country is a good place to be.

柚香マイワイフ!<3
issuzark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 05:23   Link #20
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Or those Easter Island heads must have some sort of cosmic reality altering power , like ray that makes the BETA into .....into cute girls .... into Beta tan lolz ....