AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-20, 02:00   Link #2141
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Yups, she's the one...I think..... I hate her being tsundere around Konata....

Update: Vividred Operation.... Too much Lily moe is worst than any ecchi anime....
I agree. Tunderes usually ruin it for me, all they do at first is bitch at nothing!
Old 2013-01-20, 12:56   Link #2142
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
With most tsundere, it's not exactly "nothing".....

But Kagami feels like one of those snooty high school girls that plagued everyone's public school growing up.... so it's hard for me to like her.
Old 2013-01-20, 21:41   Link #2143
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
With most tsundere, it's not exactly "nothing".....

But Kagami feels like one of those snooty high school girls that plagued everyone's public school growing up.... so it's hard for me to like her.
She's the "teachers' pet" character. The studious, serious, hardworking one that follows the rules and doesn't like having fun all the time. She did add a great dynamic to the cast and her presence allowed for lots of good plot. She may not have been an amazing character by herself, but she did a lot of good. Honestly, I enjoyed the relationship between her and Konata. That sort of rivalry because of one being diehard lazy and the other being super strict and studious. I suspect that she's just one of those people that you can't love unless you get to know them. A good example of a proper tsundere: Hard on the outside, soft on the inside.

In real life though, I would probably avoid her whenever possible.
Old 2013-01-21, 22:00   Link #2144
kitten320

I don't mind tsundarem I actually like them. But there are cases where that totally ruins the character.
Old 2013-01-21, 22:07   Link #2145
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Tsundere are OK as long as the "Tsun" part is not "overglorified" or even justified...
Old 2013-01-21, 22:51   Link #2146
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Not all tsundere are bad actually... "Over acting" tsundere is that really pissing off..
Old 2013-01-21, 22:53   Link #2147
Chiibi

Type B Tsundere are the best type (for females)
Merry Nightmare is one.
But I can like Type A ones even when they act irrational...if there are other things about the character I REALLY like that make up for it.

Tsundere guys though....it doesn't matter what type-I love them all to pieces. XD
Old 2013-01-21, 22:54   Link #2148
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Tsundere are OK as long as the "Tsun" part is not "overglorified" or even justified...
Yea I have to agree on that.
Old 2013-01-21, 23:32   Link #2149
Traece
:cool:

I'm beginning to think that someone should just make/revive a Tsundere discussion thread.

On a more topical note, Infinite Stratos, Freezing, and other anime where there's a lot of fanservice, haremage, and other similar concepts. I know that Infinite Stratos, for example, is a moderately well-received show. I watched a bit of it and while the concept was interesting and it certainly had some plot, I was also ultimately turned away by the attention to fanservice and the harem females. It took it a bit too far for my tastes and this lack of balance makes it very hard for me to stomach these kinds of shows.
Old 2013-01-21, 23:35   Link #2150
NoemiChan
Banned

IS would have been great if not for our DENSE MC.....
Old 2013-01-22, 11:22   Link #2151
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
IS would have been great if not for our DENSE MC.....
While the show looks pretty good in both visuals and animation, Ichika is exactly one of the few negative elements of the show I have with. He may appears to be strong and such, but has problem showing his romantic feelings to the girls he likes and that's where the problem grows as the story progresses.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList

Last edited by MisaoFan; 2013-01-22 at 11:38.
Old 2013-01-22, 12:19   Link #2152
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I don't think that Ichika is dense. Actually, I think he's pretty sharp. He's sharp enough to know that if he picks either of the girls that the rest of them will kill him for it.

P.D. And before anybody brings it up, the girls themselves basically rule out a "harem ending".
Old 2013-01-22, 19:51   Link #2153
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I don't think that Ichika is dense. Actually, I think he's pretty sharp. He's sharp enough to know that if he picks either of the girls that the rest of them will kill him for it.
Woah, a yandere harem? Scary.. I still wish for Houki though..
Old 2013-01-22, 22:31   Link #2154
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I think this is basically the point. Being upset with Ichika for acting so "dense" about romance is a bit beside the point, because it's the only way to perpetuate the status quo, which is one of the main themes of the story. I'd say this is almost more something for the "clichés I hate" thread, as the show gets hated by proxy because of that cliché.

(Some of the other posts earlier in this thread were also probably more for the cliché thread instead of this one.)
Old 2013-01-23, 12:03   Link #2155
Cryonosis
~Desu

Has me thinking about what the perfect harem central character would be and a funny thought came up of what if it was someone like Light Yagami from Death Note. Athletic, good looking, intelligent and driven with desire for world domination that leaves him with a believable lack of interest in the women trying to woo him over.
Old 2013-01-23, 21:54   Link #2156
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryonosis View Post
Has me thinking about what the perfect harem central character would be and a funny thought came up of what if it was someone like Light Yagami from Death Note. Athletic, good looking, intelligent and driven with desire for world domination that leaves him with a believable lack of interest in the women trying to woo him over.
Scratch out the 'athletic' bit, and you've got Lelouch from Code Geass whom I thought was deserving of his 'harem' enough. (it was only three girls but...yeah XD)

But yeah, a blatant harem series with a lead like that....might be kinda fun.
Old 2013-01-23, 22:57   Link #2157
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Or just go the Touma route while you are at it.
Old 2013-02-03, 04:51   Link #2158
Akka

Animes that were well-received but that I hate ?

Without a doubt, two of the biggest-earning series that I have only the deepest contempt for : Index and K-on.

Index disgust me with idiotic plot ruining a potentially good background (especially the "let's get opponents with completely retardedly powerful abilities, but make them too idiotic to use them at 0,01 % of their potential") and two unsufferable main protagonists.
This serie is honestly the worst one I've seen in years. And it still somehow manages to be one of the most successful ones. Bleh.

K-on is even more of an enigma. It's less "unbearable" than Index, but it's just... hollow. It has no plot, it's just non-stop nauseating, childish, dumb and tasteless sugar. And it's probably the biggest hit in the decade for the anime industry. I like moe and fluff as much as anyone, but this garbage has no emotion, no depth, no personnality, in fact it has nothing.
Though maybe having your brain sucked out of your skull is the point ? I certainly can't think of any other reason to watch it.
Old 2013-02-04, 11:25   Link #2159
cerberuz

I hate mashiro-iro symphony after watched 10 episodes. I stop to watch and I deleted it all. But somebody like it.
Old 2013-02-04, 14:07   Link #2160
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberuz View Post
I hate mashiro-iro symphony after watched 10 episodes. I stop to watch and I deleted it all. But somebody like it.
Explain ?
I don't think Mashiro-iro Symphony is supposed to be all that popular, although I do think it's well liked (BTW I only watched one episode of it and I liked it, though I don't have enough to continue watching for time reasons).
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Closed Thread