AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-10-09, 21:57   Link #1181
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
How many pages in total was 1-A again? It still amazes me that it was actually completed.
Old 2013-10-09, 22:09   Link #1182
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

1A is 543p, 1B is 771p.
Old 2013-10-09, 23:47   Link #1183
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Volume 1-A is now completely translated, thanks to js06.exe.
He will work on Index New Testament Volume 8 before continuing on his work in Owari no Chronicle.
Wow, Js06 is a translating God.
Old 2013-10-15, 01:56   Link #1184
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavoryFantasy View Post
1A is 543p, 1B is 771p.
JS over the horizon!

Flavory we need to start a twitter campaign to get Kawakami to answer if there will ever be a s3.
Old 2013-10-15, 17:01   Link #1185
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Wow, Js06 is a translating God.
Well he only tl'd the last 4 chapters of 1A. Then again, he is going at quite the pace with tl-ing OnC 2A & Horizon 2A currently. Completely ridiculous, but such a blessing...

I can't wait to read the full text length of the meat negotiations.
Old 2013-10-22, 18:35   Link #1186
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
Well he only tl'd the last 4 chapters of 1A. Then again, he is going at quite the pace with tl-ing OnC 2A & Horizon 2A currently. Completely ridiculous, but such a blessing...

I can't wait to read the full text length of the meat negotiations.
I'd like to nominate JS for sainthood!

We'll finally be able to read the 2ch like chat in Horizon that was deemed close to impossible in the anime
Old 2013-12-04, 12:17   Link #1187
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Js06 started translating 3A for anyone interested. Starting at chapter 8 (prologue + 1-7 chapters are still messy so either heavy editing will be done, or re translation later I guess?)

I was looking forward to getting the meat negotiations in full detail, but Houjo, Yoshitsune, and Yoshiyasu are characters I've been eagerly waiting for to properly read even a little about.

edit:
Quote:
“It is only natural that our opinions differ. We attend different academies. And if we have differing opinions, there is room for negotiations. You can see our vice president about that. And…um…Lady Yoshitsune?”

“What is it?” asked Yoshitsune as she stood calmly two roofs over. “Out with it.”

“Judge.” Musashi’s secretary nodded and straightened his back. “Please give me your autograph using the name Hougan Kurou Yoshitsune.”

Almost Everyone: “What a nerd.”

Novice: “C-come on! This is a once in a lifetime opportunity! I don’t think you understand how important this is!”

Four Eyes: “Wow that is painful to watch.”

Novice: “What!? You’re an author too, so don’t you want one? I always carry a few pieces of nice autograph paper with me, so just wait until these negotiations are over.”

Four Eyes: “Eh? Oh, okay…”

Almost Everyone: “Wow. Those two are close.”
Neshinbara is hilarious, even in such a situation he wanted a damn autograph. Then again, what a good husbando to get one for Shakespeare-tan too.

Last edited by FlavoryFantasy; 2013-12-04 at 17:50.
FlavoryFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-10, 20:54   Link #1188
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

3A, did he finish 2 yet?
Old 2013-12-10, 22:59   Link #1189
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Nah he hasn't. He's apparently going to alternate between Horizon volumes while still doing OnC. It is rather nice to get to read about the 3rd arc, and getting the more juicy left out details of vol 2. Especially Tres España when you compare the screen time they had with the England and Far East cast.
Old 2014-01-09, 16:15   Link #1190
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

7A cover + synopsis

Quote:
GENESISシリーズ 境界線上のホライゾンVII〈上〉
2014年2月8日

小田原征伐と蟹江城の戦いを乗り切った武蔵は、続く関東解放を前に短い休息の時を得ていた。
そんななか、ナイトや鈴や正純は、武蔵に関東解放の戦前交渉に訪れた毛利艦隊の中に、M.H.R.R.の艦 が混在している事に気付く。
裏切りか。果たして誰が何の意図をもって行動をしているのか!?
小田原征伐を経て大きく変わりつつある各国の情勢。トーリ達武蔵勢はどのように対応していくの か?
Fuck yes, a Yoshiyasu cover of all things!

Official link on Dengeki site.

Last edited by FlavoryFantasy; 2014-01-21 at 00:27.
FlavoryFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 01:46   Link #1191
kona~chan
ヘタレ

wow thanks to js06.exe i finally able to read this wonderful novel.
a quick question, did nobunaga oda ever show up in the novel? just little curious because each time i see toori i can't help to think he remind me of nobunaga alot (being the fool that aimed for world domination and the fact he is chilhood friend of horizon).

”生きるってつらいな。。。”
Onjouji Toki
kona~chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 03:26   Link #1192
askara

i know owari take place before Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon, but it is recommend to read owari first before Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon? or does it not matter?
askara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 08:07   Link #1193
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

It doesn't really matter. Owari would give you a more detailed background about the other races and powers/concepts that also appear in Horizon.

They're both very enjoyable series, so you could always read both if you have the time.
Old 2014-05-16, 07:26   Link #1194
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

I find it much more enjoyable to read Owari than Horizon - is it weird? This is the second time I just like one particular novel (e.g Heavy Object) while ignore the rest of that author (Toaru, Railgun,...).
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-21, 22:26   Link #1195
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

No it's not....But the later Horizon novels are just as good starting from when the Honnoji Incident recreation

*Finally starting to read vol 6 arc...gods that took so long.....*
Old 2014-12-03, 16:32   Link #1196
Zefyris
図書館狼

honnouji no hen hasn't been recreated yet as of the end of the 7th arc.
Anyway, arc one and two are more or less the prologue of KyouHora, the real deal is starting with the 3rd arc. For those who cannot read it in japanese, the third arc is currently being translated, so you'll see soon enough what I mean about this.

Also, the 7th arc was awesome. That war that lasted most of the arc had so many impressive moment. And Murakami Motoyoshi's strategies were awesome as well~

Quote:
a quick question, did nobunaga oda ever show up in the novel? just little curious because each time i see toori i can't help to think he remind me of nobunaga alot (being the fool that aimed for world domination and the fact he is chilhood friend of horizon).
Officially not, as of the 7-C we have yet to see him write something on chat, talk or be described. Although, he may have appeared in the third arc, but we didn't had a name nor description so it's like he didn't appear at all~. He's in hidding because he's supposed to be assassinated soon as per historical recreation (the honnouji no hen that Cosmic Eagle was talking above), and P.A.Oda is wary of other countries trying to interfere in this , forcing this to happen earlier than P.A.Oda would like by generating an incident with him involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by askara View Post
i know owari take place before Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon, but it is recommend to read owari first before Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon? or does it not matter?
For a bit more of precisions, there is several thousands of years in between the two titles. The world has changed completely, and obviously, none of the character alive in KyouHora were already alive in OnC. Not even the oldest character from KyouHora, who is at least one thousand years old. So no, you'll gain nothing reading OnC before Horizon. You can read whichever you want first; or read both at the same time with no problems.

Quote:
7A cover + synopsis

Fuck yes, a Yoshiyasu cover of all things!

Official link on Dengeki site.
Yoshiyasu sure is a character who developed a lot lately. I didn't especially cared for that character when she used to be under heavy pressure from all her responsibilities, but now, she's become quite nice to follow and reliable. People from Satomi are going to be quite surprised by the change x).
Old 2014-12-03, 21:20   Link #1197
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I can't recall but time difference between Horizon and Chronicle is ~ 50K years right?

Oh but you can draw plenty of parallels between Chronicle and Horizon....sometimes you wonder who is descended from who ahaha

Imagine Toori's bloodline being somewhere along the way, someone from Sayama and Ooshiro's lineages intermarried....I think all the UCAT people will be so shocked if they knew
Old 2014-12-03, 22:34   Link #1198
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Isn't it just speculation/guess work on the time frame between the eras? I don't believe there's been any mention of a specific amount of time. It is at the very least several thousands of years.

AHEAD to EDGE could easily be a few(?) thousand years apart for the world + Gear survivors to get fully used to the technology/concepts. The time spanning between EDGE and GENESIS could go either way in being dozens of thousands of years, or just a few short centuries. Though I'd like to believe they weren't in godhood that long if they were pretty much shitting on each other to lose it and were all forced back to earth. Then again I think it was mentioned somewhere in that 700+ pg wiki that some of the gods that stayed behind on earth eventually lost their reasoning or sense of mind? Something like that would have to take quite a long time I'd assume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Imagine Toori's bloodline being somewhere along the way, someone from Sayama and Ooshiro's lineages intermarried....I think all the UCAT people will be so shocked if they knew
At least IZUMO company has survived through all those eras.

@Zefyris curious about something in the latest volumes.
Spoiler for Vol 6/7 spoilers:
Old 2014-12-04, 06:06   Link #1199
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Isn't it just speculation/guess work on the time frame between the eras? I don't believe there's been any mention of a specific amount of time. It is at the very least several thousands of years.

AHEAD to EDGE could easily be a few(?) thousand years apart for the world + Gear survivors to get fully used to the technology/concepts. The time spanning between EDGE and GENESIS could go either way in being dozens of thousands of years, or just a few short centuries. Though I'd like to believe they weren't in godhood that long if they were pretty much shitting on each other to lose it and were all forced back to earth. Then again I think it was mentioned somewhere in that 700+ pg wiki that some of the gods that stayed behind on earth eventually lost their reasoning or sense of mind? Something like that would have to take quite a long time I'd assume.
Yes, AFAIk there is nothing but speculations. At the minimum several thousand of years, but how much exactly is unknown afaik.

Quote:
@Zefyris curious about something in the latest volumes.
Spoiler for Vol 6/7 spoilers:
Spoiler for spoiler volume 7-C:

Last edited by Zefyris; 2014-12-04 at 06:21.
Zefyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-04, 08:19   Link #1200
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Truly Kawakami verse feels like a major loop.

P.A ODA reminds so much of Haji and Top Gear...Would be interesting to see how it transitions from Genesis to City.

Tags
boobs, harem, history, mecha, political negotiations, science fiction, shounen