AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2006-12-02, 01:04   Link #281
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
By the way i'm wondering the same thing as Aznsoulboy, why is kotori in DCII christmas day? I would think she is like a old lady now lol.
LEARN TO READ:
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
It's not a D.C. II fan disk that has a Kotori story in it, it's a Circus fan disk (for many games) that has D.C. II stories in it.
Translation: It's NOT an official story/fan disk that has anything to do with the story whatsoever. It's like the Super Robot Wars games--they have characters from Robot Anime all the time, but nothing that happens in those games affects their stories.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-02, 01:11   Link #282
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Translation: It's NOT an official story/fan disk that has anything to do with the story whatsoever. It's like the Super Robot Wars games--they have characters from Robot Anime all the time, but nothing that happens in those games affects their stories.
Well, yeah, pretty much. Who knows whether or not the after-stories are "canon" in the timeline of the respective games or not. I expect it'll be framed as "the subsequent Christmas, assuming you took <this character>'s ending in their game". But yeah, each story is different and not related one to the other - they're side-stories. That's probably overkill on clarification now.

(And I assume that holyman282 was probably typing his question while I was writing my answer to the previous post and just didn't notice when he pressed Submit.)
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-02, 01:40   Link #283
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

probably relentless, hmm i hear alot of talk of DCII anime, is it actually confirmed or are you guys just suggesting a possibility?
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-02, 01:46   Link #284
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
i hear alot of talk of DCII anime, is it actually confirmed or are you guys just suggesting a possibility?
It's extremely likely to happen, but it hasn't been announced at all yet. All in due time...
Old 2006-12-02, 01:56   Link #285
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

So far, it's a reasonable theory.

However, I'm worried. I just saw three episodes of an anime based on another game, called "Gift" --it has some Da Capo-ish touches (the art style especially)....then the animation quality goes down the crapper in Ep.3. Oh lord, I hope that, whatever else happens, they get someone decent to animate DCII, if ever.
Old 2006-12-02, 02:00   Link #286
holyman282

Wave you mean gift eternal rainbow? I thought the anime was ok, the animation was pretty decent, well for the girls at least. The reason why it probably has the Da Capo touch is probably cause the writer for DC is doing Gift to and by the way Haruhiko is voiced by the same person who voiced Asakura from DC

By the way i really hope for a DCII anime, cause i just felt that the ending for DC and DCSS just didn't sit well in my stomach, so i'm hoping they are going make a clean start with DCII and make an ending where the guy doesn't end up with his sister, no matter how non blood related they are...

I think it's a good chance to as they made "To Heart 2" into an anime after "To Heart" and "To Heart Remember my Memories"

Last edited by holyman282; 2006-12-02 at 02:04. Reason: DCII
Old 2006-12-02, 02:20   Link #287
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
By the way i really hope for a DCII anime, cause i just felt that the ending for DC and DCSS just didn't sit well in my stomach, so i'm hoping they are going make a clean start with DCII and make an ending where the guy doesn't end up with his sister, no matter how non blood related they are...
Well, anything's possible, no matter how unlikely... (If you really want to know how the D.C. II game story goes, read up in this thread.)

As for the production quality of a potential anime, I'm not too worried. I thought both ZEXCS and feel did good jobs on the first two D.C. anime series and, given the franchise's proven sales track record, I doubt King Records (assuming they're still publishing) would have any reason to underfund it (which is almost definitely Gift's problem - OLM isn't a bad animation production company, when given a decent budget...).
Old 2006-12-02, 02:39   Link #288
holyman282

hmmm year gift's animation was a bit shoddy but i liked the story and the fact that they cut straight to the chase I got to admit the animation for Haruhiko was pretty bad, don't know it just looked like his face was distorted to me. the girls were well done and the story is good, this being said they only had a low budget to work with so maybe if they had a little bit more money the anime might of been even better!
Old 2006-12-06, 14:34   Link #289
Koutarou

fan disk = time doesn't matter + put whatever they want in the disk
lol
can't wait to get the game
Koutarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 09:12   Link #290
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
downloaded the demo (400 mb, see earlier) and im feeling very stupid, i can hardly understand the text. what is worse i cant make myself learn more japanese at the moment
nikorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-08, 06:11   Link #291
holyman282

yes japanese is hard to learn and i just can't bring myself to learn it.... My procrastination is king of my body...
Old 2006-12-14, 11:43   Link #292
relentlessflame

*Administrator

So, I just got my copy of Dengeki G's today finally, and something that might be of interest is that they announced that they're actually doing a second D.C. II comic series as well, in addition to the one that's already being serialized in Comptiq. The key "selling point" of this second comic is that it's an "official 'if' story" (their words ) with Nanaka as the main herione. That's a pretty good strategy, because it'd be pretty difficult to merge all of the different D.C. II paths into one comprehensive story and still give each heroine equal importance (at least, hard in a monthly magazine where you don't want the story to go on for years). Well, plus, of course, this allows them to sell more merchandise, which is clearly part of Circus's plan. The Nanaka-centric D.C. II comic will be serialized in Dengeki G's beginning in the March 2007 issue (in newstands in late January). The "main story" version serialized in Comptiq started in last month's issue (and, for the curious, it seems to be sticking close to the game so far).
Old 2006-12-14, 20:31   Link #293
DanielSong39

If the Nanaka path is the 'if' story...

In the anime adaptation, I better enjoy her while I can; she'll likely play the Kotori role.

That probably makes Koko the more dangerous rival to the two sisters; more importantly, will we see a Kaede moment from the sister that falls short? Sakura and Kirino are tough acts to follow.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 20:43   Link #294
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
If the Nanaka path is the 'if' story...

In the anime adaptation, I better enjoy her while I can; she'll likely play the Kotori role.

That probably makes Koko the more dangerous rival to the two sisters; more importantly, will we see a Kaede moment from the sister that falls short? Sakura and Kirino are tough acts to follow.
The short answer is no to all of the above, if we use the game as a guide.
Spoiler for Answers from the game:
So don't get your "hopes up". You'd be kidding yourself.
Old 2006-12-14, 20:55   Link #295
DanielSong39

I'll enjoy it for what it is; in the meantime, there's the hope that the manga will get scanslated.

Still, I enjoyed Da Capo and expect good things from Da Capo II. Hope I'm not kidding myself in that regard.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-14, 21:10   Link #296
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Still, I enjoyed Da Capo and expect good things from Da Capo II. Hope I'm not kidding myself in that regard.
Well, my point was only that unrealistic expectations are bound to be disappointed. I think the D.C. II story is very interesting, the characters are engaging, and the anime has the potential to be as well executed as the first two D.C. anime series were. But a lot of people these days seem to be watching shows in the genre hoping for some massive vicious showdown between the girls (in other words, they "put up" with the "boring, cliche" story, hoping to "see blood" - I'd have to find the exact quote where someone said just that on these boards the other day). And then, almost inevitably, they come back to post their disappointment when that doesn't happens (or go all crazy with inane speculation when it might be heading slightly in that direction). My point was only that, if the game's any indictator, this won't satisfy that sort of "bloodlust". As long as you're okay with that, and since you liked the first series, I can't see why you wouldn't like this series too.
Old 2006-12-16, 00:27   Link #297
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
But a lot of people these days seem to be watching shows in the genre hoping for some massive vicious showdown between the girls (in other words, they "put up" with the "boring, cliche" story, hoping to "see blood" - I'd have to find the exact quote where someone said just that on these boards the other day).
- People nowadays are tending to be more and more extremist in their views, I believe. I'd say a lot of people who watch romance anime nowadays actually expect some viciousness going around, possibly because most real-life relationships nowadays tend to be like that. It's kind of like how neighbors take a perverse joy in watching the wife-beating of the guy living across the street--or how cars slow down to take a gander at dead bodies in an eighteen-car pileup on the highway.

Hell, I already knew things were going to hell when I heard (some years back) DBZ fans gushing over their first Hentai--Legend of the Overfiend--and commented how 'cool' it was to make women explode when they were being violated; i.e. "That's cooler than a Kamehameha!".

It's not just bloodlust per se. I think it's just that people on a global level are actually a lot less sensitive about things than before. Why do you think the Political Correctness movement came about? Some things that we regarded as common and polite sense years ago (not swearing, not drinking in the middle of the day, not cussing at your parents and teachers, having some regard to the importance of work and studies, etc) are pretty much out the window today. Reality TV crap like "Big Brother" and "American Idol" seem to make it look like being mean, vicious, and selfish is the "in" thing, and being polite makes you a victim waiting to happen. And don't even get me started about Paris F---ng Hilton and Nicole F---ng Ritchie and their daily bitch squabbles.

In the 80's Anime was considered over the top in terms of emotional expression of characters, et al. But nowadays, it seems that anime characters (well, at least of the romance or slice-of-life genres) are actually more subdued and personable than the average guy or girl street. I've met more than my fair share of loud and obnoxious people on the street, the kind you -WOULD- expect to get into fistfights or catfights with other people over relationships. The kind of "Reality" seen in Reality TV shows--over the top stupid spleen-venting that doesn't benefit anyone but makes for great entertainment for most people.

Put it this way: Every story must have a form of conflict. A story with no conflict (internal, external, emotional, logical, etc) is not a story. And when people want a story, they want a conflict that they find entertaining. The problem is, people nowadays only recognize violent, external or physical conflict as viable. "We want to see the school jock break up in public with a fist-to-face fight with his cheerleader girlfriend." Or: "Isn't it disgusting that two old goats still love each other after 60-odd years? They shoudl kill each other already and stop lying. Have them fight!!"

It's not "unrealistic expectations". It's actually average expectations of average people with an average perception of "reality"...
Old 2006-12-16, 06:39   Link #298
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
I don't really enjoy the so called bloodlust. That said, I don't enjoy how cliche'd the genre -itself- is nowadays...
Old 2006-12-16, 13:14   Link #299
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Put it this way: Every story must have a form of conflict. A story with no conflict (internal, external, emotional, logical, etc) is not a story. And when people want a story, they want a conflict that they find entertaining. The problem is, people nowadays only recognize violent, external or physical conflict as viable.
That's quite true -- and the problem with that is that physical/external conflict is not something that, on the whole, this genre is designed to give. I guess what I don't understand, given that it's the exception not the rule, is why they'd stick by so many shows they don't like to begin with in the hopes that "it might get better" (i.e. turn to violence). Then again, I guess that's boredom for you. I'd sort of like to believe that average fans of the genre are a bit more reasonable in their expectations (i.e. are watching it for the "right reasons" so they're less likely to be disappointed), but I realize the evidence clearly doesn't support that. Oh well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST View Post
I don't really enjoy the so called bloodlust. That said, I don't enjoy how cliche'd the genre -itself- is nowadays...
Well, bitterness aside, all I can say is that I thought D.C. II was an interesting game. It had cliches, sure (just like the first D.C.), but it did something interesting with it -- at least, IMO.
Old 2006-12-17, 06:59   Link #300
KBTKaiser

Yeah, the only real bitterness in the Da Capo world for the most part is
Nemu Vs. Sakura (D.C.)
and
Otome Vs. Yume (D.C. II)
Koko Vs. Nanaka(D.C. II, Nanaka Path)

...I think?
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, ero-game, eroge, game, games, romance, school life, seinen, visual novel