AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2009-12-09, 04:12   Link #641
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Don't feed the troll, people.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 08:05   Link #642
mechabao

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotechtehbest View Post
Q: Robotech vs Macross? Best version?

A: Robotech best version, best audio, best censor, best dub, improve story. Macross too soup opera, Robotech action mecha militar story.

You see Robotech LAM out!!! Robotech rule Macross.
Mmmmm... soup.
mechabao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 14:36   Link #643
KaoruLia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Thanks! That makes Alto a Leo.... Now the 2nd OP 'Lion' sung by Sheryl and Ranka makes more sense
KaoruLia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 20:25   Link #644
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaoruLia View Post
Thanks! That makes Alto a Leo.... Now the 2nd OP 'Lion' sung by Sheryl and Ranka makes more sense
Yeah, damn. A few days earlier and he'd be a cancer like me. Although that'd make the second OP seriously strange as a song....
Old 2009-12-12, 22:27   Link #645
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Interesting, Alto shares my sign - something which, when you stop to analyze the purposed attributes of it, yhis little tidbit actually seems quite fitting, for him.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 09:10   Link #646
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Err just some question...

Is there any PV on Macross Frontier movie song?
Cause i see there is someone that using an avatar (moving gif) from scene in the movie??

Thanks...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 11:42   Link #647
LC
Shocking Pink

^Nope, it's from the trailer.
Old 2010-04-23, 15:50   Link #648
zerodigit1

Any plans for new Macross Series on 2010?

I'm a late fan... I've watched all Macross series in 1 month. From Zero to Frontier. (got all movies, ovas, series,etc.). got completed adicted to it.

Now that I went trough all of it Kind fell like NEED more Macross !

Anybody knows if is there any plans for new releases this year ?
zerodigit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 16:37   Link #649
LC
Shocking Pink

The first Frontier movie has already been released in Japan (the dvd hasn't been released). The second movie is coming out this fall, I believe.
LC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 16:21   Link #650
zerodigit1

Many thanks, I heard about these frontier movies but not sure how they're called. Do you have any furhter detail ? or a Link (specially in english) that has more info about those MF movies ?
Old 2010-04-24, 17:38   Link #651
LC
Shocking Pink

The first one is called The False Diva (or Songstress). The second is called the Wing/s of Goodbye. If you look in the movie thread here, there are summaries as well as links to reviews of the movie. Hope that helps!
LC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 05:42   Link #652
neilcreek

Questions about the Supervision Army

Hi everyone, first time poster

I'll soon be starting a tabletop role playing game set in the Macross universe, around the time of Frontier. The story will revolve around another colony fleet, but this one will encounter a Supervision Army fleet. I have an idea for a back story that leads the fleet to the encounter, and it's raising a few questions that my research online hasn't been able to resolve. I was hoping someone here might be able to help!

1) When the original Supervision Army ship that was to become the SDF Macross crashed to Earth, was it the case that no aliens were found aboard? If so, why not, where were they?

Spoiler for The origins of the Supervision Army:

Spoiler for The origins of the Supervision Army:

4) There were obviously vast numbers of soldiers in the Supervision Army, were there also civilians? Are there Supervision Army civilisations, planets and colonies?

If any of these questions have no answer in the canon, I'd appreciate it if anyone can confirm that, as it will free me up to come up with my own answers that won't end up conflicting with the official story.

I will probably have some additional questions in the future, so thank you in advance!
neilcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 06:29   Link #653
Der Langrisser
Valkyrie pilot

IIRC, the Supervision Army works the same way as the Zentradi Army, only they're meaned to fight the Protoculture.

Original Protoculture citizens are all long dead, the SA remains are vats-created Zentradi.
As for the brainwashing, IIRC it is said in Macross 7 that after a certain time under its effect, it became permanent.

They were no civilians in the SA, just soldiers to destroy the Protoculture commanded by the Protodeviln, and then acting according to the directives of the former masters, like the Zentradi.
Der Langrisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 21:10   Link #654
zerodigit1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Haze View Post
The first one is called The False Diva (or Songstress). The second is called the Wing/s of Goodbye. If you look in the movie thread here, there are summaries as well as links to reviews of the movie. Hope that helps!
Many thanks I will look after it.
Old 2010-04-26, 01:08   Link #655
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilcreek View Post
1) When the original Supervision Army ship that was to become the SDF Macross crashed to Earth, was it the case that no aliens were found aboard? If so, why not, where were they?
As revealed in the first episode of SDF Macross, the original Supervision gunship was a trap set to lure the Zentradi, and designed to take out as many Zent warships with it in a suicidal attack. Since no alien bodies were found in the ship, it could be assumed that the original inhabitants of the vessel had escaped prior to setting the latter on autopilot.

Quote:
How did the brainwashing persist? Did it pass down the generations? Did the brainwashing become a kind of religion?
Not really brainwashing per se, but more like a mixture of programming, survival and tradition. Remember that Zentradis were programmed to destroy the SA on sight and vice versa. I would think after many millennia, the two sides had probably long forgotten the origins of their struggle just as the Zents had long forgotten what it was like to be 'human'. After eons of blowing each other's brains out, the reasons for their war are really the least of their worries.

Moreover, if we assume that the Protodevlin controlled half of the Stellar Republic's resources, then it is more than likely that the SA possesses the same capacity as the Zentradi, at least when it comes to sheer production capabilities. With millions of satellite factories producing pre-programmed warriors on both sides, to completely rid of the effects of 'brainwashing' is a daunting, if not impossible task.

Quote:
Despite the sealing of the Protodevlin, did the Supervision Army continue to innovate and develop new technologies to continue the fight?
Aside from the fact that Zent and SA forces have very different allegiances, they share very similar technology, production capabilities, philosophy, tactics and other attributes.

Quote:
There were obviously vast numbers of soldiers in the Supervision Army, were there also civilians? Are there Supervision Army civilisations, planets and colonies?
The shows never provided us with any hint regarding possible Zent or SA 'homeworlds'. We were however, told that both forces are fighting a never-ending war, and explicitly shown that the Zents have a tendency to destroy civilizations and planets. I assume they need to strip planets bare of resources in order to keep the millions of satellite factories in their possession at full capacity.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2010-04-26 at 01:22.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 15:10   Link #656
sweetgirl121

there is something I've mean to ask about. I watch macross F for the first time around November 2008, the second time with my sister early this year.
I notices that there were scenes where it cut off or missing, for example in the first episode when Sheryl fell from the stage, alto picked her up and she told him to continue flying. the other scene is in the end of 12 (i think) when alto insisted on checking on Sheryl but Michele convened him to take ranka back, for she risked her live for him.

Am going crazy, or there are more than one version?
sweetgirl121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 15:54   Link #657
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

afaik there's two version of episode 1 one in the opening where sheryl waking up inside the shuttle when she arrived at frontier and showing the part where alto catches her when she fell down from the stage.

the other version is the one where they cut it and messed up all the scenes altogether.
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 16:19   Link #658
magnuskn

Yeah, there are THREE versions of the first episode.

1.) The Deculture Edition: That one was screened months before the TV start of the series and was an extended episode. It included Sheryl arriving in a shuttle ( uttering "Strawberry Pie-wa" as her first words, making me fall immediately for her. ).

2.) The TV version: The first episode, as screened on TV. Shorter than the Deculture Edition, it nonetheless included some new plot-critical scenes, with a vastly changed Sheryl concert.

3.) The Yakh Deculture Edition: Released with the DVD/Blue Ray of Macross Frontier, this one combined and expanded the two prior editions, with a few more things added in, like an expanded scene where Alto discusses with Luca his prospects of being able to fly.

If you want the Yakh Deculture edition, I'd recommend looking for the THORA release of the series, which also has excellent subtitles and uses the DVD/BR release for their video.
Old 2010-07-16, 03:33   Link #659
Gomenasai
The Poster-guy

Need some help

I want to start the macross series but being there are so many out there I don't know what order to watch them in. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could list the order in which to watch it.
Gomenasai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 03:43   Link #660
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomenasai View Post
I want to start the macross series but being there are so many out there I don't know what order to watch them in. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could list the order in which to watch it.
I'd suggest you start with the original (SDF Macross) and follow it up with it's movie Macross: Do You Remember Love?
I'd put Macross 7 as an optional next step. But you can proceed with Macross Plus, then Macross Zero and then eat Frontier for dessert! 8D

Well...that's just me. XD

Tags
q&a