AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-02-25, 02:30   Link #241
Ernietheracefan

I wonder how Tsukuyo feels about the anime..? Especially on the last two episodes..

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-25, 08:37   Link #242
LG-MAX 2.o

He constantly posts his thoughts on twitter. He already said that if fans want more details of the story then they should buy the novel. Honestly, even if he hates this adaptation, I still think he considers it a miracle. Who would have guessed that this series would catch an anime in 2021 a few years ago? Even it biggest problem would be the pace and not the censorship?
LG-MAX 2.o is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-25, 18:43   Link #243
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
He constantly posts his thoughts on twitter.
Maybe I'm just hung up on "Rui" being a girl's name from Domestic Na Kanojo, but where exactly did the author confirm being male or female? My guess is that "Tsukiyo Rui" is just a pen name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
Pretty much, the only real difference is hentai doesn't shy away from showing the details like this show does. Though this show is probably the closest thing to it I've seen that isn't explicitly hentai.
There have been other anime TV shows that have gotten close to this one's level of explicitness before, like 2010's Yosuga no Sora. This is just the most recent show to reach that level, though obviously with the sadistic flavouring for some of it.

Quote:
Personally, I like having a "hentai" with an actual story to tell. I hope this starts a trend. The sex fiend in me likes hardcore content, so to merge that with a real show would be great. I'd be happier if the story part was better and the sex part more explicit, but I'll take what I can get.
There have been attempts in 18+ anime to tell good stories before, but they almost always flop due to a very limited budget and the insistence (I don't know if it comes from the fans or the people in charge of the animators) that the 18+ content take priority, which can distract from a good story or bog it down. Having said that, you're not alone in wanting what you said. There are certain tropes in fiction that just don't hit as hard without a sexual element (especially when it come to things like romantic betrayal).

Quote:
What I'd really like is just for normal shows to occasionally have an explicit scene. Like Toradora for example. Not adding scenes all the time like in this, but just at the end have one where they go all the way. The romance genre almost always considers hand holding and a kiss the ultimate in relationship expression. Be nice to see it taken further sometimes, and especially when done in a more "classy" way than this show. Like in Bleach have Rukia come back from SS to visit and she bangs Ichigo as thanks for saving her life, or maybe have a yuri scene between Matsumoto and her sword during the zanpakuto arc lol. Maybe Nami gives Sanji some loving once to shut him up (though IMO it would probably just make him 100x worse heh), Revy jumping Rock one night when she gets horny, Seiya getting into a relationship with Isuzu and screwing in the office, etc.
Seiya and Isuzu from Amagi Brilliant Park going "all the way" in his office? An interesting prospect, but I think Kyoto Animation would outright refuse to animate that level of explicit material, unless they've already done something like that outside of my knowledge. I wonder if the original author, Gatoh Shouji, is forbidden by contract to write anything that explicit too.

In any case, we did get to see a romantic couple "going all the way" in the anime adaptation of White Album 2. No idea if that creative decision actually caused that anime adaptation to sell more. But I think part of the reason why you don't see more anime couples "getting explicit" is probably "faithfulness to the source material." Sure, we're getting more explicit LN titles these days like Redo of Healer, or Shinmai Maou no Testament, or Masou Gakuen HxH, but a number of things have to align for the anime adaptations to be as explicit as you want them to.
  1. The original author can't be under a contract that limits his/her freedom of expression when it comes to explicit content.
  2. The LN publisher has to find an animation studio willing to animate explicit content, and give it the budget it deserves.
  3. Seiyuus who don't mind making "18+ noises" for the sake of the story have to be found and paid.
  4. The fans have to sufficiently support the resulting show enough for it to be a success.
None of these things are guaranteed, of course. But it happened for Redo of Healer, and like you I do hope that more studios take advantage of the door this show opened into making more anime shows with believable romances that go "all the way."

Quote:
Doubt it'll come to fruition though, so I just thank doujinshi authors lol
Doujinshi authors most certainly do take advantage of that untapped demand you mentioned for fans who want to see anime characters in romantic relationships go further than they did onscreen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
It's surprising I never looked into the VAs before this. Really shocking to know that Setsuna is Nikumi.
Ishigami Shizuka (Nikumi from Shokugeki no Soma, Ikuno from Darling in the Franxx, and Kajou Ayame from Shimoneta) has in fact done a good amount of 18+ voice work before. No idea on whether the others making "18+ noises" for this show have done so before for 18+ works.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-25, 19:29   Link #244
rladls2121

I read some episode summaries and reviews.I did not start watching the series yet.

This series is really depressing.
It is so sad that the Healer and the pink-haired princess are going to hate each other for rest of their lives.
I cannot imagine myself just to live like that for 24/7 insanity of revenge and hypnosis. And of course, lot of blood.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-25, 19:43   Link #245
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post

It is so sad that the Healer and the pink-haired princess are going to hate each other for rest of their lives.
I don't know if hate is really the right word for it. It depends happen will happen in the end, if Freiya gets her other memories back and how she will react to that. Knowing the bigger picture Keyaru definitely did her a favor, since he is "healing" her problems.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-25, 21:03   Link #246
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
I read some episode summaries and reviews.I did not start watching the series yet.

This series is really depressing.
I cannot imagine myself just to live like that for 24/7 insanity of revenge and hypnosis. And of course, lot of blood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
I don't know if hate is really the right word for it. It depends happen will happen in the end, if Freiya gets her other memories back and how she will react to that. Knowing the bigger picture Keyaru definitely did her a favor, since he is "healing" her problems.
to be fair some hints did show which she actually "loves him" even before the brainwash, remember he was the "only one allowed to "licky her also at one point whe she saw him start to get crazy with the drug she was angry for him to get "so easy affected by the drug" and wanted him to show some "strengt" then later after the brainwash she did say which "deep inside her she really feels which she loves him.

but due to her distorted personality thanks to her father this love feelings get screwed and buried deep inside the black rock which turned her in her old distorted bitch distorted personality.
Old 2021-02-25, 22:50   Link #247
rladls2121

Wow, this is so messed up. Is this kind of an irony? Keyaru is a Healer and yet, he may never be able to recover from this kind of humanity.

This is just too much. Too much for me. These moments when the girls are having "fun" with Keyaru is actually not.
I'm just going to skim little by little to see how this whole nightmare will end.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-26, 00:40   Link #248
LG-MAX 2.o

Top most watched anime on Thursday at the Docomo anime store: https://twitter.com/docomo_anime/sta...46952954908675

Kaifuku in 3rd. Certainly if Docomo transmitted the uncensored version, taking 1st place would not be impossible.
Old 2021-02-27, 05:49   Link #249
EroKing
Version Zero

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2021-02-27, 11:07   Link #250
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Funny how the Megami magazine promo pictures have to be censored, while the anime itself can air less-censored versions. Is Megami magazine age-restricted or something to 15+ or something like that, rather than the 17+ nature of the uncensored version of this anime?
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-27, 20:57   Link #251
Blueknight78

it's seens which the chance of this serie get a second season is really big, the anime is not only making sucess in the channel but the sales on the digital web, sky rocket a little the author already posted on twitter about how he is happy, the anime give a big buster in the sales of the manga and novel and it's make him also start to talk about a "second season" and he already planning in make "some changes" for the second season, like his other work which he also is "helping in the story board and makse some changes for the anime he also want to make some changes in kaifuku for the second season, its seens which means we gonna get some big changes from the novel and manga to the anime, with him want to re write some stuffs.

here the source it's on portuguese (srry my local language), but overal is just to point the info inside the twitters.
https://www.intoxianime.com/2021/02/...-2o-temporada/
this site have also a channel and is one of the best and trusthworty br channels and site for "anime in general"(most of the good info i saw on him).
Old 2021-02-27, 23:40   Link #252
Ernietheracefan

At least TNK has learn from DxD Born experience..

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.

Last edited by Ernietheracefan; 2021-02-28 at 00:21.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-28, 00:06   Link #253
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
it's seens which the chance of this serie get a second season is really big, the anime is not only making sucess in the channel but the sales on the digital web, sky rocket a little the author already posted on twitter about how he is happy, the anime give a big buster in the sales of the manga and novel and it's make him also start to talk about a "second season" and he already planning in make "some changes" for the second season, like his other work which he also is "helping in the story board and makse some changes for the anime he also want to make some changes in kaifuku for the second season, its seens which means we gonna get some big changes from the novel and manga to the anime, with him want to re write some stuffs.

here the source it's on portuguese (srry my local language), but overal is just to point the info inside the twitters.
https://www.intoxianime.com/2021/02/...-2o-temporada/
this site have also a channel and is one of the best and trusthworty br channels and site for "anime in general"(most of the good info i saw on him).
Digital sales are doing very well, the author constantly talks about it. But physical sales don't seem to have changed that much, unless it's like Fire Force manga, they buy little by little without appearing in the weekly ranking, but at the end of the year you have a big impact.
Among all investors, the only one who doesn't know how it will profit is the bandai, does it make sex toys about girls?
Old 2021-03-02, 07:37   Link #254
LG-MAX 2.o

Ep 8 preview: http://kaiyari.com/story.html
Old 2021-03-02, 08:31   Link #255
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Funny how the Megami magazine promo pictures have to be censored, while the anime itself can air less-censored versions. Is Megami magazine age-restricted or something to 15+ or something like that, rather than the 17+ nature of the uncensored version of this anime?
I cannot answer the age rating, but I do own several Megami magazines.. the breasts, and the other private part are always censored in these kinds of pics.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-03, 11:42   Link #256
LG-MAX 2.o

Vol 1 BD cover

Spoiler for cover:

Spoiler for Bonus (NSFW):

Last edited by LG-MAX 2.o; 2021-03-03 at 14:04.
Old 2021-03-03, 18:53   Link #257
Estzero1

Man, that was a really nice episode. Quite a bit lore. Having Eve join the group is great as well. I also love how so many people get the wrong idea regarding the ending. It's like they are conditioned to think that way. Judging by the name of the next episode (which is funny btw.) it looks like they could use the manga part instead of the LN one, since as far as I know, they are different from eachother but accompblish more or less the same.

Old 2021-03-03, 19:01   Link #258
LG-MAX 2.o

It was a calm episode that flowed well. I really hope that they use the next 4 episodes to adapt only the volume 3 of the novel, 5 episodes adapting a volume is excellent. And laugh a lot with that ending.
Old 2021-03-03, 19:09   Link #259
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
I really hope that they use the next 4 episodes to adapt only the volume 3 of the novel.
That's what they will probably do. There is most likely no other way. What sense would it make to start Vol.4, when there is no way to even finish it. So it's for the best to stay on track, like they are doing now.

Old 2021-03-03, 19:22   Link #260
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
That's what they will probably do. There is most likely no other way. What sense would it make to start Vol.4, when there is no way to even finish it. So it's for the best to stay on track, like they are doing now.
They could, in the worst case scenario, make an original ending or an original episode, as Gonzo used to do in the past.
Well, taking into account the opening, it doesn't make much sense.

Tags
ecchi, fantasy