AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2021-01-31, 18:20   Link #1181
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Assuming he keeps the current pace of one chapter per month, another 300 chapters would mean he'd have to keep going for three decades
Just means we gotta stay healthy to live a long life and pray that Ashihara takes care enough of himself to be able to tell such a long story, lol. xD

I think all the CPs and Covers of the past months took too much time and work on him. Dude's a stubborn workalky, his editor and the magazine probably spend most of their time making sure he is actually resting properly to keep him from overworking himself again.

If he were to take an artist and becomes only the writer then maybe he would be able to finish the story sooner but I don't think he would want to do that.
Old 2021-01-31, 18:50   Link #1182
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
If he were to take an artist and becomes only the writer then maybe he would be able to finish the story sooner but I don't think he would want to do that.
That seems to be something all unhealthy mangaka refuse to do, even though it would be win-win for everyone (assuming they get a good enough artist). At least Ashihara releases chapters regularly.
Old 2021-02-01, 02:13   Link #1183
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Just means we gotta stay healthy to live a long life and pray that Ashihara takes care enough of himself to be able to tell such a long story, lol. xD
As far as staying healthy goes, he's a mangaka, so I'm afraid that ship has sailed.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-01, 13:14   Link #1184
James Rye

Raw's out, just in case you wanna know what awaits you in two days.^^

Spoiler for Spoiler chapter 206:
Old 2021-03-01, 19:35   Link #1185
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Raw's out, just in case you wanna know what awaits you in two days.^^

Spoiler for Spoiler chapter 206:
Sounds... not that interesting on paper, but I'm sure it's going to be fun.
Old 2021-03-03, 12:53   Link #1186
dragon1412

Chapter's out. It was interesting that Suwa squad is actually considered as one of the stronger squad out there. And many good team also seem to have more problem than expected.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-03, 13:32   Link #1187
James Rye

Quote:
Sounds... not that interesting on paper, but I'm sure it's going to be fun.
Honestly, this "border fantasy league" chapter was more fun than expected. Reminded me of all the fan talks I had as a kid about various kinds of teams, sports, fantasy creatures like Pokemon, etc.

Well, the first rule already prevents Utagawa telling his future teammates to change into female trion bodies for the mission to deal with Sayoko's boy problem. Except he does it on day 1 during the week away mission but I dunno if Ashihara would go for such a move though it certainly is possible considering we got Agents like Katori increasing her bust size or Kako's trapper Kitagawa who looks more like a mascot than a human being.

Given the Captain Interviews were skipped I expect some and parts of them to be shown during this new arc which seems to be a much longer one than I expected. 2 phases, one a week and one like 1,5-2 days fighting in a row with 11 teams ala 4 Agents and 1 Operator. That could really go for dozens of chapters depending on how many teams and how often Ashihara gonna focus on them.

Also interesting that Border chose this opportunity to also test the evaluation and expectation abilities of their A rank Agents. This whole 45 minutes for evaluating 11 suddenly randomly chosen teams in two different tests tells me that Border is thinking of choosing an "in-field commander" who's rule will be to oversee and lead the largest Border Neighborhood Operation so far.
I am curious to see who they gonna pick and based on what exactly. I doubt only right placements will be taken as measure for that position.

Ooooh, Katagiri squad! And lol, in room 1008 nonetheless. XD
No wonder Midorikawa is proud of his Kusakabe squad, they all look and are competent and they are the sole squad where their Operator is also the Captain. I expect big things from Saki, not gonna lie, real curious to see how an Operator with 4 Agents is juggling both operating and making up plans/strategies on the fly.

Risa Maki - HOTHOTHOTHOT~ This girl will get a lot of juicy fanart for sure. <3
Also interesting note by Fuyushima, "putting their brains to work", so we are talking about stuff happening like in NASA tests where new Astronauts need to deal with problems rising in their ship/station.
That certainly will be interesting to watch. I already really liked that kinda stuff with Space Brothers and I expect to like it even more with WT.^^

Rofl, poor Tsuji! XDDD

How Utagawa will deal with Sayoko's boy problem and Urushima's independence issue will be interesting to see. We all can already guess how he wants to use everyone he chose in battle but it will be interesting to see what gonna happen in that one week they are sealed off.

Hahahaha! Hyuse just standing there, arms crossed, all "hmpf, deal with this pesky machine refusing to do my dinner right" while smoke comes out of the microwave. What a spoiled proud brat. XDDDDD

"Zoe is...really round". First words spoken by Mai Kitagawa and I already like her.

Kage and Inukai totally gonna blow up for sure inside that ship, no way around it. And big sis Nono gonna stop them with the power of her E-cup boobs! Or just in general beating their heads in until they stop fighting while Kakizaki has to mop up the remains.^^;
Lol, Taichi's description as a ticking timebomb, bet he gonna blow up the shp on day 3 by pressing buttons he is not supposed to press.

Asumi's role as "supporter" is interesting. Gunner, Attacker, Sniper and Shooter seems to be the regular jobs, while there are some Trappers but so far she is the sole Agent described as "Supporter". Hope we get to see her in a fight.

Who wanna bet that Mizukami actually gonna get a lot of problem with having so many geniuses on his ship once it comes to dealing with the "brain problems"? Like a lot of cooks could mess up any decent menu if they all work at once on one pot.

Kodera squad boooooring~

Squad 10 is so stable and comfy I would expect watching them will be like a sitcom just without jokes.
Lol about Konami's answer about Hiyami's levelheadness considering her position as Opreator in Ninomiya's squad. xD

Dang, Saki hitting us with mobility stats and later trion stats, man, this really gives it a fantasy league feel.
Wait, is Osamu slower than Kitazoe? Dang, Megane-kun really needs to train more.
Interesting though that there are only 3 squads with such a mobility problem which I assume means we gonna have some focus on them in the battle test on how to deal with that. Also interesting as this means the other captains were not only able but also knew the speed/mobility of the agents they chose to work with.

Also Midorikawa's thinking and later the top brass mentioning the knowledge about Hyuse being a Neighbor shows that Border is totally fine having different evaluations based on different levels of knowledge. Seems unfair to me, but I am sure they know what they are doing.

Really liked how the A Agents reacted to the news of a total rookie team getting to 2nd place in their first Ranking Wars.
I also really hope the forest map will be the one they gonna battle on for up to 26 hours.

Man, Wakamura and Suwa Squad really ain't getting that many pluses of the A Agent judges. Lol at that "Kazama's mine" comment from Suwa, nice reference to the Information book about WT. <3
Man, 4 times 11th place and 4 times 10th place (I bet Suwa Squad was 4 times 11th placed as well) and only one time 5th placed by... "ri" A squad. Wonder why there was that high of a placement with that one A team in particular.

Hahaha, Karasawa getting shit on by his colleagues for preferring Suwa Squad because of Osamu being in there. XD

April 1 (don't be an April fools!) we hopefully will get two chapters about the first phase with each 19 pages. This 29 page chapter was nice, but I really want 38 in total if I can get them. I know I am greedy...

For a chapter with only talks and speculations this was really fun to read though that's probably due me being such a huge WT otaku. :P
Old 2021-03-03, 19:52   Link #1188
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Due to not knowing who half of the characters they were talking about even are, it was hard for me to fully enjoy this chapter.
Old 2021-03-03, 21:04   Link #1189
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

It did help a lot having a reference sheet to follow along It was indeed fun as a fantasy league kind of chapter likes James Rye said.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-03, 22:28   Link #1190
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Due to not knowing who half of the characters they were talking about even are, it was hard for me to fully enjoy this chapter.
That's pretty much how I feel about this chapter too. There were some funny moments like Hyuse's cooking flashback.
Old 2021-03-03, 22:31   Link #1191
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I guess it is one of the strength and weaknesses of the series: there are no nameless mooks.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-04, 11:57   Link #1192
James Rye

Which is good. I also like how Ashihara references stuff from his Info book, like how Karasawa asks if Hiyami is really so level-headed and he does so because whenever he is around her, Hiyami's brain explodes and she turns into a "kyaaaah" kind of girl since she is the president of his fanclub at Border. XD

But yeah, if I haven't reread WT a dozen times I would have a lot of trouble remembering them all too. I usually try to remember them not by names but by character stuff they tend to do like Ouji does all his nicknames or Ikoma is breaking the 4th wall all the time looking at the camera/reader or looks like Broccoli-head from Ikoma squad or stuff like that.
Old 2021-03-04, 16:43   Link #1193
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I kind of love that the chapter is basically just the characters doing the same things we are . Speculating about the team compositions and how they'll all perform. The point made that Suwa's team does have three people that have been captains on it is an interesting angle. Of course I kind of wonder about the leadership of Katori, but it is still a fair point . Also the differences in speeds between the team members may not matter that much if they really lean on Osamu and Katori setting up and taking advantage of a wire zone.

In the end there was a lot of interesting chatter. Sure, I didn't remember every character talking or being talked about. But there was enough there that I could nod along with it and keep engaged with the chapter.
Old 2021-03-04, 17:08   Link #1194
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I kind of love that the chapter is basically just the characters doing the same things we are . Speculating about the team compositions and how they'll all perform. The point made that Suwa's team does have three people that have been captains on it is an interesting angle. Of course I kind of wonder about the leadership of Katori, but it is still a fair point .
Same. I mean, I really wonder, are they overestimating her? Or am I wildly underestimating her? Because never mind her lack of leadership, her whole personality is problematic, and so is her motivation. (She didn't even want to be part of the away mission in the first place. I don't know that she's got much of a professional ethic. All that's left is her competitiveness, I guess.)
Old 2021-03-04, 19:09   Link #1195
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I can't even being to imagine how Suwa's team is going to perform on the first test. It seems they're all unaware Katori hates Osamu's guts.
Old 2021-03-05, 12:02   Link #1196
Blaat

The weird part is though if they checked out the questionnaire they would know Osamu and (assuming) Katori don't want to be together in a team, so they should be aware of this.
Also I wonder if Katori is also going to clash with Suwa by having a 'I know best' attitude.
Old 2021-03-05, 13:18   Link #1197
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I kind of love that the chapter is basically just the characters doing the same things we are . Speculating about the team compositions and how they'll all perform. The point made that Suwa's team does have three people that have been captains on it is an interesting angle. Of course I kind of wonder about the leadership of Katori, but it is still a fair point . Also the differences in speeds between the team members may not matter that much if they really lean on Osamu and Katori setting up and taking advantage of a wire zone.

In the end there was a lot of interesting chatter. Sure, I didn't remember every character talking or being talked about. But there was enough there that I could nod along with it and keep engaged with the chapter.
In /a/, reddit and discord this chapter sparked huge debates. People really loved this A ranks talk about the 11 made up teams stuff and bring in their own guesses and expectations. XD

As expected, pretty much everyone expects Ninomura or Utagawa to come out on top in the battle test. I wouldn't count out Suwa though since Suwa is an offensive captain who picked a fast sniper, an even faster all-rounder and a slow shooter who can hide and prepare his wire nests and provide support and make good plans since he likes to prep so much himself. With the right map, the right situations, they could shock everyone and I am sure both Suwa and Katori would love to gloat how they beat Nino and Utagawa and all the other favorites of the top brass/A ranks. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Same. I mean, I really wonder, are they overestimating her? Or am I wildly underestimating her? Because never mind her lack of leadership, her whole personality is problematic, and so is her motivation. (She didn't even want to be part of the away mission in the first place. I don't know that she's got much of a professional ethic. All that's left is her competitiveness, I guess.)
Tbf, when Wakamura was Captain for that match she did ask for Orders and followed them and she didn't bitched to him after the lost match despite him expecting her to do so. So she seems to have some professional part in her.

Like in ch.197 when they ended the match in a tie due Katori's blind charge in (they made 4 kills that game btw) she was the one deciding calmly and not bitchy that Wakamura will then be the leader since she cannot tell "careless" from "careful".
Remember her flashback where she chose HP over armor because she never gets hit? Her leadership abilities might be based the same way, as in "as long as I don't get hit we'll win". Ofc once she does get hit that strategy fails but until we saw her lose to Tamakoma-2 this tactic had made them Nr.7 in the B rank wars. Now it is 11, but that is still pretty high for 20plus teams.

In the end Wakamura's careful tactic also ended in failure due the better play by Nasu squad with their Viper and Meteor hidden bombs as well as Suwa's devious move to what appeared a team up vs Nasu to become a shoot-out vs an unprepared Katori squad taking down Miura.

Though it was Wakamura's order to take on wires which helped Katori score Nasu and Suwa as points. Considering she only used wires this match that means she hardly trained with them expect for the few days between their last drawn match and their last match. That really speaks for her natural talent as a fighter.

The way I see it her leadership is similar to Kageura which is basically "support me, let me go will and we win". It's a valid tactic as long as it brings in points and I don't think any of us would have the balls to tell Kage in the face that he sucks as a captain (or think it for that matter :P). xD

Katori knows that leading can suck like when Wakamura tried to take on all the blame for their lose and drop in the rankings and Katori refused him to let him do that. It does show she did grow and can grow.
Obviously it says nothing how she will react to the one guy who is inferior to her in every Border stat expect leadership but still managed to get 2nd place in his first try with his team where she never could get with her teams for the past X tournaments she had taken part in. I doubt she will be all nice and friendly with Osamu but maybe she also won't all be super bitch and mean to him either? We'll see in a month for sure. I can't wait! <3

Quote:
I can't even being to imagine how Suwa's team is going to perform on the first test. It seems they're all unaware Katori hates Osamu's guts.
Well, for one I doubt Katori runs around yelling "FUCKING FOUREYES!" through Border. XD
For two, I guess they expect her to behave professional enough to not mess with the chances of those agents who do want to advance.
And for three, Katori would be a great Yuuma replacement for Osamu in the battle test as long as they learn to work together during that week in isolation. And that's what I really wanna see, how Osamu and Katori are forced to work together to get their team through as I doubt Katori has any interest in losing on purpose given her competitive nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
The weird part is though if they checked out the questionnaire they would know Osamu and (assuming) Katori don't want to be together in a team, so they should be aware of this.
Also I wonder if Katori is also going to clash with Suwa by having a 'I know best' attitude.
Only the Top Brass has access to the questionnaire, neither the improvisational captains nor the A ranks know what was written in there. I think the Top Brass got that info to see what happens if the Agents get put together by chance with people they like/dislike. After all, unlike a Nasa mission Border doesn't have the means to chose by personality. They got few spaces and few A ranks to put together, they gotta take what they got and they would pick fighting power or team work over amiable personality anytime.

As for Katori clashing with Suwa... maybe? Then again she didn't clashed with Wakamura when he was Captain for that last match, and if she can do that then maybe she also can do that with Suwa.
Old 2021-03-05, 13:43   Link #1198
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Tbf, when Wakamura was Captain for that match she did ask for Orders and followed them and she didn't bitched to him after the lost match despite him expecting her to do so. So she seems to have some professional part in her.
That's a good point.

Quote:
Like in ch.197 when they ended the match in a tie due Katori's blind charge in (they made 4 kills that game btw) she was the one deciding calmly and not bitchy that Wakamura will then be the leader since she cannot tell "careless" from "careful".
Remember her flashback where she chose HP over armor because she never gets hit? Her leadership abilities might be based the same way, as in "as long as I don't get hit we'll win". Ofc once she does get hit that strategy fails but until we saw her lose to Tamakoma-2 this tactic had made them Nr.7 in the B rank wars. Now it is 11, but that is still pretty high for 20plus teams.

In the end Wakamura's careful tactic also ended in failure due the better play by Nasu squad with their Viper and Meteor hidden bombs as well as Suwa's devious move to what appeared a team up vs Nasu to become a shoot-out vs an unprepared Katori squad taking down Miura.

Though it was Wakamura's order to take on wires which helped Katori score Nasu and Suwa as points. Considering she only used wires this match that means she hardly trained with them expect for the few days between their last drawn match and their last match. That really speaks for her natural talent as a fighter.

The way I see it her leadership is similar to Kageura which is basically "support me, let me go will and we win". It's a valid tactic as long as it brings in points and I don't think any of us would have the balls to tell Kage in the face that he sucks as a captain (or think it for that matter :P). xD
If you think it, it's probably better to think it. Trying to hide it will just make things worse with him.

Also, leadership is about more than the choice of tactics. Though come to think of it, maybe Katori isn't that bad of leader despite the bickering. I mean, her team works well together.

Quote:
Katori knows that leading can suck like when Wakamura tried to take on all the blame for their lose and drop in the rankings and Katori refused him to let him do that. It does show she did grow and can grow.
Obviously it says nothing how she will react to the one guy who is inferior to her in every Border stat expect leadership but still managed to get 2nd place in his first try with his team where she never could get with her teams for the past X tournaments she had taken part in. I doubt she will be all nice and friendly with Osamu but maybe she also won't all be super bitch and mean to him either? We'll see in a month for sure. I can't wait! <3
I'm not actually that worried about Osamu. His thick skin is one of his best qualities. I'm somewhat worried about what will happen if the others try to intervene.
Old 2021-03-05, 14:54   Link #1199
Blaat

Quote:
As for Katori clashing with Suwa... maybe? Then again she didn't clashed with Wakamura when he was Captain for that last match, and if she can do that then maybe she also can do that with Suwa.
Good point and honestly I had forgotten about this.
Old 2021-03-05, 16:35   Link #1200
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'm not actually that worried about Osamu. His thick skin is one of his best qualities. I'm somewhat worried about what will happen if the others try to intervene.
I am actually a bit worried about Osamu. Like usually he is so thick-skinned but with Katori a single match with some taunting words was enough to put someone in the "not want to work with" category (like he could have just left her out as I am sure he probably didn't picked a 2nd one he didn't wanted to work with) that he would visibly jolt when he hears that he and Katori will be a Unit.
So she might have hit a nerve with her words and he might speak out against her if she mocks him again. Wouldn't be the worst except ofc for the judging A ranks watching them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Good point and honestly I had forgotten about this.
The curse of monthly release, lol. XD

I think what we gotta look out besides the teams and the obvious Hyuse problem with his horn hiding, Chika & Ema cute stuff and ofc the all long awaited Katori & Osamu interaction will be how the three last picked ones, Hanasono, Taichi and Kotaro will act like in the battle.
Both Hanasono and Taichi were upset/sad about being picked last and I am sure even "good kid" Kotaro didn't liked being the "left-over" watching everyone else getting picked over him. I have a feeling that Ashihara putting so many panels to this "last one picked" is because he might wanna do something similar like he had done with Akane who won the last match for Nasu squad with her good judgement for her sniper shot.

Another would be Kitora. You cannot tell me that her sitting perfectly still there having 3 others chosen over her has gone unnoticed by her. She probably knows why and I could be wrong but the way her facial expression never changed from not picked to finally be picked kinda makes me feel like her "elite pride" was hurt, lol. She could have a thing or two to prove that even with her low trion she will be a force to be reckon with in the long battle phase.

I am curious to see how Ashihara will handle 55 characters in two different phases considering how much he loves to flesh out side characters.^^

Ah right, the one A unit that put Wakamura at 5th position was the Katagiri Unit as they were the sole A Unit having no idea that Hyuse was a neighbor. All other A teams put them down at 10th or 11th, probably because they either expect trouble during the isolation phase or the battle phase. Although hyuse could help in the Isolation phase due his travel experience as long as he doesn't make it too obvious that he knows how such travel works or what could happen during it. His biggest problem gonna be hiding his horns for sure. He gonna need a room alone or something like that for that to work. Even a strong Trion owner cannot keep up a trion body the whole time for seven days in a row.

Tags
action, shounen stargate