AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2021-01-21, 00:07   Link #61
VDZ
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
well to be fair he also got 'raped" from those evil peoples, he just giving back to then what they did to him and we only saw so far "a little of what" they did to him, we gonna get more flashbacks and more "twisted stuffs", eveen the princess while we saw some of what she made him suffer it not was "all" we gonna get few more flashbacks with her and everyone, this is a hell of screwed world, where "good peoples" are the minority" compared with screwed evil peoples.
Two wrongs don't make a right. I certainly don't hope anyone watching this truly believes that the protagonist is justified in what he's doing for revenge, much less thinking the protagonist is not a terrible person.

Putting Flare aside, he just straight up murdered the two guards/maids. It takes a lot to justify murder, and I don't think we've seen those two doing anything beyond having sex with him (which he didn't object to) and following orders (from people not even the protagonist could escape from; refusing was not an option). Characters who enact disproportionate revenge are called villains; even if we ignore his sadism and resulting tendencies he's still a horrible human being and his actions are indefensible.

Add the torture and violent rape part, done purely out of spite and sadism, not for control or some remotely rationalizable reason*, and that at the end he's taking advantage of a girl who for all intents and purposes is innocent (different personality, no memories, no malicious intent) and his revenge goes way, way beyond what could possibly be justified.

* It's worth pointing out that, unless the LN/WN gives more info than anime viewers have so far, while Flare is indeed extremely cruel, she was still putting him through all that rape and abuse to be able to control him. While it's certainly not justifiable and it still makes her a terrible person, I think this actually makes her less horrible than the protagonist, as she had a rational (if immoral) reason for her actions, rather than doing it purely to watch him suffer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
I was blown away by the awesome animation. Dat Freya ass, bouncing tits, booty getting spanked. 10/10.
It certainly was a nice fireplace.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-21, 00:09   Link #62
Marina2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
On the subject of thought experiments -- is it still "revenge" if it never happened in the current timeline? Hmm...
It WAS happened TO him. From his perspective, timeline doesn't matter since his body and mind remember it. Moreover, he wants to get his revenge toward the people he hates, It doesn't matter to him if that person hasn't done anything to him yet in this new timeline.

Surely, if his target act different toward him in a new timeline, he might be hesitating but unfortunately, that is not the case here.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic44739_1.gif
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-21, 01:28   Link #63
BWTraveller
Born to ship
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
Two wrongs don't make a right. I certainly don't hope anyone watching this truly believes that the protagonist is justified in what he's doing for revenge, much less thinking the protagonist is not a terrible person.

Putting Flare aside, he just straight up murdered the two guards/maids. It takes a lot to justify murder, and I don't think we've seen those two doing anything beyond having sex with him (which he didn't object to) and following orders (from people not even the protagonist could escape from; refusing was not an option). Characters who enact disproportionate revenge are called villains; even if we ignore his sadism and resulting tendencies he's still a horrible human being and his actions are indefensible.

Add the torture and violent rape part, done purely out of spite and sadism, not for control or some remotely rationalizable reason*, and that at the end he's taking advantage of a girl who for all intents and purposes is innocent (different personality, no memories, no malicious intent) and his revenge goes way, way beyond what could possibly be justified.

* It's worth pointing out that, unless the LN/WN gives more info than anime viewers have so far, while Flare is indeed extremely cruel, she was still putting him through all that rape and abuse to be able to control him. While it's certainly not justifiable and it still makes her a terrible person, I think this actually makes her less horrible than the protagonist, as she had a rational (if immoral) reason for her actions, rather than doing it purely to watch him suffer.



It certainly was a nice fireplace.
First off, I find it real difficult to buy that Flare went through all of this purely "to control him". She dismissed and derided him at every turn, beat him, let people rape him over and over. Sure, you MIGHT make the argument that the specific act of getting him addicted to drugs was done to control him and give him a drive strong enough to convince him to heal people. But just as he said to her, that doesn't explain the physical and sexual abuse or anything else done to him. To her, he is complete trash that has no value aside from a backup when elixirs run out. He's a tool of limited value, and even getting close to him fills her with disgust (you may recall that she apparently gets rid of every dress she wears while visiting him because "the stench is stuck to it"). She's done a lot already and would have done much more, one or two things out of a need for "control" but mostly out of contempt and disgust. While I certainly don't think he's justified, I find it hard to believe that a woman who acted out of sadism and completely unwarranted hate is "less horrible" than someone who's acting out of anger for acts committed against him.

You are right though that two wrongs certainly don't make a right. I'd say if I feel anything positive from this sort of thing, it's something I'd call "cold satisfaction". I don't think he's right by any means, but still there's a small corner of my mind that smiles to see a cruel character suffer. Sort of like watching Malty get put on trial and then sent to the chopping block in Shield Hero; suffering isn't good by any means, but still...

What interests me a bit though is the fact that, if I understood it right, Keyaru didn't actually overwrite Flare's personality, he just erased her memories. Meaning that without her experiences growing up she might not have become the vile creature she'd become. Makes me wonder what the purpose was to this, outside of having a powerful "ally" at his side when he goes after his other enemies. I kind of suspect he intends to keep her like this until some point in the future at which he'll restore her memories and let her writhe in horror at how she'd become a willing slave to that "filthy common healer". Maybe after she becomes pregnant, for maximum sadism. Still, supposing that this demonstrates her to be genuinely capable of kindness, I kind of hope that if she does get her memories back she asks to have them erased again, or something to that effect. Might be a heavy blow to him to have his hated enemy respond not with mind-breaking horror at what she'd become, but rather a desire to remain as that or some sort of positive feelings toward him. I'd really like something to happen at the end to make him regret his vengeance.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-21, 05:07   Link #64
Dj0rel
True Believer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
What interests me a bit though is the fact that, if I understood it right, Keyaru didn't actually overwrite Flare's personality, he just erased her memories. Meaning that without her experiences growing up she might not have become the vile creature she'd become.
Yes. That to me is the most interesting thing about this whole thing and consequently and ironically makes me find Flare the most interesting character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Makes me wonder what the purpose was to this, outside of having a powerful "ally" at his side when he goes after his other enemies. I kind of suspect he intends to keep her like this until some point in the future at which he'll restore her memories and let her writhe in horror at how she'd become a willing slave to that "filthy common healer". Maybe after she becomes pregnant, for maximum sadism.
Imagine if she calls him out on his revenge being completely disproportionate and he goes like "Oh, that's right! She doesn't remember the previous timeline."

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Still, supposing that this demonstrates her to be genuinely capable of kindness, I kind of hope that if she does get her memories back she asks to have them erased again, or something to that effect. Might be a heavy blow to him to have his hated enemy respond not with mind-breaking horror at what she'd become, but rather a desire to remain as that or some sort of positive feelings toward him. I'd really like something to happen at the end to make him regret his vengeance.
That would be the most interesting turn of events. But, I'm not giving this anime/manga/light novel enough credit to pull that off.
__________________
Not afraid of having a different opinion.
Dj0rel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-21, 05:43   Link #65
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Spoiler for Episodes 1 and 2:
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-21, 07:35   Link #66
The Green One
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Looks guys there isn't much point to trying to justify or rationalize this. What you have here is moderately less evil against cartoonishly butterfly wing ripping evil.

What you're going to get is more of this if you continue with this series. If this is what you want then by all means continue, if watching this sickens you then you best head toward the door. Staying beyond this is your own fault at this point.
__________________
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-21, 08:18   Link #67
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
I do not really understand the Healer's intentions here. Why the memory wipe? If he just wanted her dead why not just kill her? And if he wanted to keep her around for more rape and torture the mind wipes seems to take the point out of it.

Also was that healing effect when he was telling her her new backstory supposed to be some kind of mind control thing? Because the blank eye look made it seem that way. If it was mind control then I have to say that his revenge plan seems kind of small scale.
It have all to do with the skill system of the world, in the next episode you will know something called "level cap" and why people try to have sex with blessed heroes.

Regarding the memory wipe, is not completely wiped but rewritten, she will have their free will with the current new memories where she forgot about her past and love the mc (something along Overlord episode 1: the mc added a line in the Albedo window men¨ and she eventually fall for him after).

Another reason is to ruin the kingdom and the king as a whole (this is explained in the manga), and once he achieve that, restore her original memories to make her suffer more, BUT things will change along the adventure and battle with other heroes, so even a hearthless guy like mc can change and care more about his girls.

Manga is much better and slow paced compared to the anime regarding the world buidling, anime is more for people who already know the bare minimun of the light novel, anime only viewers can have a different perception of the events and why, but with 12 episodes only is understandable that they skip deep explantions about the skill system and go direct to the action and revenge scenes.

Once you watch the anime is a good idea to read at least the manga or viceversa.
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-21, 09:41   Link #68
LG-MAX 2.o
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Redo of Healer Anime Simulcast Discontinued in Germany : https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ermany/.168634

It's begun.

As a side note, the author posted on twitter that the BD of the series gave a big rise in the ranking of most wanted in amazon jp after episode 2. And the series is among the most watched of the Docomo anime store (largest streaming in Japan).

Spoiler for amazon ranking:

Last edited by LG-MAX 2.o; 2021-01-21 at 09:51.
LG-MAX 2.o is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-21, 09:58   Link #69
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Say, is there any report of the differences between the Docomo Anime Store version and AT-X version? Unless it's the same.

Man, I wonder if there are complaints from viewers regarding the airing of Episode 2?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-21, 10:06   Link #70
LG-MAX 2.o
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Say, is there any report of the differences between the Docomo Anime Store version and AT-X version? Unless it's the same.

Man, I wonder if there are complaints from viewers regarding the airing of Episode 2?
Apparently the Docomo version is relatively lighter than the uncensored version of AT-X, but a lot heavier than the TV version. At least that's what I read on some sites.

About the complaints ... at least in the twitters I read there was a lot of praise, which I found strange.
LG-MAX 2.o is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-21, 10:10   Link #71
Tenzen12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
I think they hate only things that are good or fun...
__________________
"I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it" (Charles R. Swindoll)
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-21, 10:12   Link #72
Blueknight78
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
Two wrongs don't make a right. I certainly don't hope anyone watching this truly believes that the protagonist is justified in what he's doing for revenge, much less thinking the protagonist is not a terrible person.

Putting Flare aside, he just straight up murdered the two guards/maids. It takes a lot to justify murder, and I don't think we've seen those two doing anything beyond having sex with him (which he didn't object to) and following orders (from people not even the protagonist could escape from; refusing was not an option). Characters who enact disproportionate revenge are called villains; even if we ignore his sadism and resulting tendencies he's still a horrible human being and his actions are indefensible.

Add the torture and violent rape part, done purely out of spite and sadism, not for control or some remotely rationalizable reason*, and that at the end he's taking advantage of a girl who for all intents and purposes is innocent (different personality, no memories, no malicious intent) and his revenge goes way, way beyond what could possibly be justified.

* It's worth pointing out that, unless the LN/WN gives more info than anime viewers have so far, while Flare is indeed extremely cruel, she was still putting him through all that rape and abuse to be able to control him. While it's certainly not justifiable and it still makes her a terrible person, I think this actually makes her less horrible than the protagonist, as she had a rational (if immoral) reason for her actions, rather than doing it purely to watch him suffer.



It certainly was a nice fireplace.
1 - i nerve told which what he did was "right", just which he have total reason to get a "revenge" or at last justice about what they did to him which was much worse than what he did without any doubts so far., this anime is all about revenge and twister peoples, the mc goes from a good guy to literally a demon lord or a sort of "rape hentai mc" and to be fair as someone pointed the mc still have a minimum of "humanity" and he is only cruel and sadist with the peoples who get in his way or are part of his revenge if you are not on his way or is a "normal person bystand or a civilian" the mc not gonna do anything to you and even can help you if he feel you diservers his help or it can help on his revenge, with all that crap which the mc turned he still "better" than the peoples in the castle which would kill or let peoples be "killed" if they don't feel want to to help.
2 - those maids don't have sex with him "with him agreeing" at the beginner if you watch back he asked then to not do it and they not listening to him and making him accept, he was raped by then and that not was the "only time" multiple times, the anime did some cut and time skip but he was tortured, raped by almost everyone low rank under the king and the princesss rank, he was used to power up all the guards both male and female all "workers" he was raped and beating up even the command raped him anime did skip it, when he counted the "punch number" this was the number of punchs he get every day from the commander, he was tortured like no tomorrow, this realm or at last the peoples living among the "nobilite" in general are twisted as crazy onlye few peoples like the knight female you could say "are good peoples", but they are the "exception not the norm.

before he get twisted like that he was a "normal nice person" like you overage protagonista he become like that after all the suffer he got, he being like that i fully guilty of the peoples in this castle and the heroes they where the ones which turned the mc like that, if they never did what they did to him he could not had ended like that and believe me what we saw in second episode was just the tip ot the iceberg we gonna saw even worst things he suffered until this point of finally break, they are just gathering what they ┬┤planted"

those maid where not "maid" they where the personal princess guard and they "did crap things to others peoples don't get fooled by just what you saw again in this realm the high ups and even peoples near high ups in general are twisted and in general commited a lot of "crimes" and crap things as the mc told, this is not a "paradise" corruption, greedy and others crap things are the common.

3 - without going to spoilers as i told what was showed in anime so far about flare not was really 'everything she did to him, she did more and again not only to him but again she and her family are the perfect "twisted evil family" which can kill, destroy peoples or countries without a blink if they "feel bored" and by destroy put here not only killing but raping, torturing and everything the mc did was not even "close to compare with what they did", the mc is just paying back every torture, rape and humilhation he received was not even close to what he did so far, ofcourse he gonna do worst and more stuffs.


4 - as you told she was "totally aware of what she did, this alone make her even worst than the mc, because he was "broken" all that sadism and violence where results of all the sadism and violence he received himself, imagine if was you being tortured, abused, drugged, raped humiliated, used every day almost at non stop, he was not only during the night but both day and night every day was a hell for him without any hope for months, also without count the effect of his power making him suffering even further and breaking even more fast his mind, now say me if you coudl still being "yourself" and a nice person????m fgoing from your logic the mc is really trully a victim because what he become and is doing is the same what he did to flare they literally "brainwash" him to go from a "good person" to a full twisted monster, what he is doing now, is not something he could be doing if they not did what they did to him, they break his mind, this is something you are full ignoring.

again i'm not defending the mc in say which he have rights to be a monster, what he is doing is horrible as much at what they did to him, i'm just saying which what he is doing is "justified" in a sense which it is result of all the hell they give to him, it make totally sense he being like that and doing those things, after all he experienced with those peoples, you came and say which "flare" was innocent, maybe the new flare is a innocent but this new personality was created by him and part of it is be a sex slave for him now.

another note which i feel maybe not was proper explained or maybe based on some "translations got confuse, (at last the translation i watched), they keep calling "everyone as hero" as if everyone is a hero or become a hero by having sex with the mc, it's not like that.

the thing is every person in this world is born with a "cap level" this cap level is unique for each person, you don't have like the cap level is 20 for everyone , you have each person have they own cap level, for exemple you can have a guard with the cap level 10 another 11, other 20 and soo, it means which even "genius or talented born peoples can have a bad lucky and get a bad cap and be a prodigious but still limited to his cap and you have a prodigy mage limited to level 20 and have a "average mage" with level 40 ou 70, it totally unfair and random each level cap, only those which are born to be "heroes" which don't have a cap level and can go high, but they are really "rare and fews", the only way so far easy know way to "break your level cap and even that by a small ammount is by having sex with a hero or drinking "body fluids" and is just a small ammount to keep increasing the level you must keep "doing it again" and againm let's say you max level is 20, then you have sex with a hero it gives you let's say 3 more levels now your max level is 23 then you train and level up to 23 then you go back and make sex again with the hero to get 3 more levels then level up again to 26 then go back make sex and keep this cicle, it can make "non heroes" rise up in levels, again the cap level difference between peoples in this world is really totally random you can have peoples let' s say caped from level 2 to level 99, making you have some "legendary" non heroes like he female knight the mc healed which are really high levels or like the king which is a let's say god tier level non hero(i'f i'm not wrong the king is not a hero as one of his daughters but is a hell crazy strong one), then the "thirst for power peoples love to "use heroes to get some free cap level rise".
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic240848_1.gif:small

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2021-01-21 at 10:57.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-21, 10:35   Link #73
stray
osananajimi hater
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Before you embark on a journey of revenge... pick two waifu.

-- Confuciarga
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-21, 11:18   Link #74
VDZ
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
4 - as you told she was "totally aware of what she did, this alone make her even worst than the mc, because the was "broken" all that sadism and violence where results of all the sadism and violence he received himself, imagine if was you being tortured, abused, drugged, raped humiliated, used every day almost at non stop, he was not only during the night but both day and night every day was a hell for him without any hope for months, also without count the effect of his power making him suffering even further and breaking even more fast his mind, now say me if you coudl still being "yourself" and a nice person????m fgoing from your logic the mc is really trully a victim because what he become and is doing is the same what he did to flare they literally "brainwash" him to go from a "good person" to a full twisted monster, what he is doing now, is not something he could be doing if they not did what they did to him, they break his mind, this is something you are full ignoring.

again i'm not defending the mc in say which he have rights to be a monster, what he is doing is horrible as much at what they did to him, i'm just saying which what he is doing is "justified" in a sense which it is result of all the hell they give to him, it make totally sense he being like that and doing those things, after all he experienced with those peoples, you came and say which "flare" was innocent, maybe the new flare is a innocent but this new personality was created by him and part of it is be a sex slave for him now.
I could consider it somewhat understandable if the protagonist unexpectedly found an opportunity to take revenge and went berserk in that one moment he had to break out of his situation. But no, he specifically went back in time and consciously chose to endure a further six months of suffering just to make others suffer. He could've killed Flare at the end of the story and be done with it; I could even understand if he made her suffer a bit or raped her right then and there. But this guy went through extreme lengths and planned a plot spanning half a year just to make her suffer. At that point, it very clearly crosses the line from understandable response to proactive malice. Having a shitty past can excuse you from some errors in judgment, but not from six months of constant malice.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
those maid where not "maid" they where the personal princess guard and they "did crap things to others peoples don't get fooled by just what you saw again in this realm the high ups and even peoples near high ups in general are twisted and in general commited a lot of "crimes" and crap things as the mc told, this is not a "paradise" corruption, greedy and others crap things are the common.
Right, my mistake. In another discussion elsewhere someone mentioned they were the maids he had sex with in ep1, but on rechecking it seems like they're different people. So, that makes them even less involved in Keyaru's abuse.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
2 - those maids don't have sex with him "with him agreeing" at the beginner if you watch back he asked then to not do it and they not listening to him and making him accept, he was raped by then
While it certainly wasn't entirely consensual, the protagonist admitted to enjoying it, and continues to monologue positively about how it was an exchange that benefits both sides.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
On the other hand, I wonder what happened to Keyarga's body-double after changing his appearance to Leonard? Then again, I wonder if his body-double is actually the knight?
Yes. This was confirmed during the episode (Flare guessed that the fake Keyaru must be the knight and if I recall correctly Keyaru confirmed she was correct).


Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
First off, I find it real difficult to buy that Flare went through all of this purely "to control him". She dismissed and derided him at every turn, beat him, let people rape him over and over. Sure, you MIGHT make the argument that the specific act of getting him addicted to drugs was done to control him and give him a drive strong enough to convince him to heal people. But just as he said to her, that doesn't explain the physical and sexual abuse or anything else done to him. To her, he is complete trash that has no value aside from a backup when elixirs run out. He's a tool of limited value, and even getting close to him fills her with disgust (you may recall that she apparently gets rid of every dress she wears while visiting him because "the stench is stuck to it"). She's done a lot already and would have done much more, one or two things out of a need for "control" but mostly out of contempt and disgust. While I certainly don't think he's justified, I find it hard to believe that a woman who acted out of sadism and completely unwarranted hate is "less horrible" than someone who's acting out of anger for acts committed against him.
She clearly disrespected him and treated him like trash. However, it was a passive disgust, not a proactive malice; she did not go out of her way to watch him suffer. It's still not okay, but I consider it on a very different level from the protagonist's active sadism.

As Fnights and Blueknight78 mentioned, there is a practical benefit to having sex with heroes (and this is actually briefly mentioned during ep1 - it's why the maids had sex with him), and that is likely a large part of the reason for the constant rape. Furthermore, to truly control someone you need both reward and punishment (and arguably the latter is more important); to truly ensure he would do anything asked of him, he had to fear the consequences of refusing. I'm not saying the methodology was morally justifiable - there were far less cruel ways of getting equivalent results. But from a purely practical sense with no moral considerations, Flare's treatment of Keyaru had rational benefits and wasn't done to spite him for sadistic pleasure - in fact she seemed to hate interacting with him in any way, not actually enjoying abusing him.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Still, supposing that this demonstrates her to be genuinely capable of kindness, I kind of hope that if she does get her memories back she asks to have them erased again, or something to that effect. Might be a heavy blow to him to have his hated enemy respond not with mind-breaking horror at what she'd become, but rather a desire to remain as that or some sort of positive feelings toward him. I'd really like something to happen at the end to make him regret his vengeance.
This would be awesome (hell, any further psychological nuance would be great, as it's a fantastic scenario for drama), but considering what the story's been like so far I'm not optimistic.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-21, 11:40   Link #75
Twi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Looks guys there isn't much point to trying to justify or rationalize this. What you have here is moderately less evil against cartoonishly butterfly wing ripping evil.

What you're going to get is more of this if you continue with this series. If this is what you want then by all means continue, if watching this sickens you then you best head toward the door. Staying beyond this is your own fault at this point.
^ This is completely accurate. I saw the writing on the wall the moment the anime was announced and read the Tv Tropes page. It's a revenge story with whatever justifications the author think will suffice to allow the protagonist to do whatever he wants. Not my cup of tea remotely, so I don't even intend to start watching or commenting beyond here.
__________________
https://wandsandvials.wordpress.com/2017/12/27/an-alchemist-sets-out-1-01/
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-21, 11:42   Link #76
Jaden
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnights View Post
Manga is much better and slow paced compared to the anime regarding the world buidling, anime is more for people who already know the bare minimun of the light novel, anime only viewers can have a different perception of the events and why, but with 12 episodes only is understandable that they skip deep explantions about the skill system and go direct to the action and revenge scenes.

Once you watch the anime is a good idea to read at least the manga or viceversa.
Haven't read it, but having seen the anime, it makes total sense.

The setting and the protagonist's origin story are pretty interesting. But the rest is just going to be our "hero" going on a rampage, like Arifureta, except with more EVIL.

Combined with the ample BD-baiting, it seems like this anime is made purely for fanservice.
__________________
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-21, 12:01   Link #77
Estzero1
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
Redo of Healer Anime Simulcast Discontinued in Germany : https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ermany/.168634

It's begun.
Actually, that's not really that important. They were only scared because of the controversy. Doesn't change the fact that Animoon (publisher) have already the pre order of Vol.1 up. They were even joking when the simulcast fell apart. And other than the plebs within funimation they knew beforehand which series they licensed.

btw, after looking that article I have to say, it's almost Typical ANN at this point, trying to spin the narrative and spreading false information.The wording is wrong. You can't discontinue something that never started.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic242962_2.gif

What┤s the answer to everything ?

Last edited by Estzero1; 2021-01-21 at 12:15.
Estzero1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-21, 12:28   Link #78
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Jogja
Age: 32
dude, what's the point of erased her memories
If he wants sweet revenge would it be more makes sense to let her remembers the humiliation?
__________________
Wedang Jahe Kalengan, teman anda melewati malam yang dingin dan sepi!

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-21, 12:32   Link #79
Blueknight78
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
I could consider it somewhat understandable if the protagonist unexpectedly found an opportunity to take revenge and went berserk in that one moment he had to break out of his situation. But no, he specifically went back in time and consciously chose to endure a further six months of suffering just to make others suffer. He could've killed Flare at the end of the story and be done with it; I could even understand if he made her suffer a bit or raped her right then and there. But this guy went through extreme lengths and planned a plot spanning half a year just to make her suffer. At that point, it very clearly crosses the line from understandable response to proactive malice. Having a shitty past can excuse you from some errors in judgment, but not from six months of constant malice.
you forget which this time when the hero "rewrite" the time he already was "messed and broken" from the first life and it was worst because the first one was the one where he suffered more, he only managed to get free from the drug mindcontrol near the end in the final battle with the demon lord and he already totally twisted, then his "twisted self go back in time to have his revenge, that is the issue, the "one which goes back in time" was the totally corrupted one and ended corrupting his still "nice version' before everything started,

the he let everything happen again by still having "some honor" to make sure the peoples true diservers his revenge as he talked when he was being steped down by the princess, remember he told which indeed she is really evil and don't diserves any his revenge then as soon he confirmed which indeed she is "rooten to the core" he give up in any mercy to her, remember we are only watching his "second life" but this is not the "first time he experienced and got broken from what happened he already was broken from the beginning, we are seeying his broken mind get revenge for not what he experienced now but for what happened "before", this second time is just his choice of vengeance, a very twisted one but still part of his plans, that is the point he already was broken from the beginner everything from that moment he used the demon lord power to go back in time was just part of his twisted mind revenge.

Quote:
Right, my mistake. In another discussion elsewhere someone mentioned they were the maids he had sex with in ep1, but on rechecking it seems like they're different people. So, that makes them even less involved in Keyaru's abuse.
if i'm not wrong one of the 2 girls which lost they head the one which the ponytail is the same as the one showed doing the mc a "blow**** while he is being raped by behind by other guy

Quote:
While it certainly wasn't entirely consensual, the protagonist admitted to enjoying it, and continues to monologue positively about how it was an exchange that benefits both sides.
they where still part of the abuse as i told and it was showed basically everyone in the castle from maids and the low tier peoples to soldiers, commands basically anyone in the castle abused him to get some level up, at the beginning it was please but middle to later was just abuse, sadism and rape.

also this is one of the reasons "male rape" is very underplayed because normally they use this excuse which the "guy have some fun, while somehow was true here and they have a exchanges, non consensual sex still being it, just because for male is more hard to "resist because we get aroused more easy and fast than womans, then normally it get a lot underplayed using this excuse which "womans can't rape" or a guy raped by a woman "enjoyed it or if him had a erection then it's not "rape" and those stuffs.


Quote:
She clearly disrespected him and treated him like trash. However, it was a passive disgust, not a proactive malice; she did not go out of her way to watch him suffer. It's still not okay, but I consider it on a very different level from the protagonist's active sadism.
actually she watched sometimes anime just cut, anime cut a lot of stuffs, when the command was torturing and raping him she was there and if i'm not wrong you can see her when the command was beating him, she really is a sadistic abusive person, don't get fooled just because she "looks cute" and act like a "noble princess" its all a mask, as the mc told she is/was a full sadistic and the only person worse than her in a rank would be her heroes partners and her father and young sister but compared with the "peoples in the castle and even the commander she is even worst than them.


Again anime had to cut some stuffs, not because of censure or anything but as any adaptation you have to cut some stuffs specially when it's just 12 episodes one core, some of the abuse he got, where cut off, wha anime showed was just a "general picture" of what happened with him for us to know how twisted and crazy is this kingdom and realm, as the anime progress we gonna se how really, really bad are the peoples and how almost hopeless is this world you still have some "good peoples here and there" and even some of then already started to get corrupted by the world malice.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic240848_1.gif:small
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-21, 14:09   Link #80
VDZ
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
he only managed to get free from the drug mindcontrol near the end in the final battle with the demon lord and he already totally twisted
Not true. I didn't recall exactly how long before the battle it happened, so I went back and checked, and it was a lot longer than I thought...



For a whole year he had been planning to go back in time and endure tons of suffering all over again just to see the people he hates suffer. In the new timeline you could argue he was already past the point of no return once he got drugged (he would have to do something drastic to escape), but he had a full year to change his mind and just murder his enemies and be free rather than going back to his suffering just to make other suffer. He consciously chose not to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
if i'm not wrong one of the 2 girls which lost they head the one which the ponytail is the same as the one showed doing the mc a "blow**** while he is being raped by behind by other guy
Her having assisted in rape (or even if she were to initiate the rape), especially in a context where it was normalized and her very intimidating superiors would be bothered if she didn't join in, does not justify him straight up murdering her.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ecchi, fantasy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.