AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-01-28, 12:28   Link #41
Frontier

Of course Red Blood Cell would somehow stumble into a zombie movie .

Ordinary Cell is frustrated and envious of the immune cells doing the same thing everyday and getting praise for it, but he eventually finds his own calling when he stumbles on some cute and adorable little germs...these germs are just too cute to kill .

Which is a perfect way to introduce Good Bacteria! Bacteria that actually helps the body once they find something the body doesn't need that they're designed to eat along with their gigantic family .

Watching a Good Bacteria transform and Ora Ora a virus designed to lead to stomach cancer...only in Cells at Work! .

So the small intestine is basically a mass food processing center for the body? Neat .

It's sad that they have to let the cute and adorable Good Bacteria go, but it's important that they find what they need to eat in the body and reunite with their fellow Bacteria .

White Blood Cell may be able to accept the Good Bacteria, but the other Immune Cells are too dogged and strict in the way they operate to expect to do the same, but maybe NK Cell can help ?
Old 2021-01-29, 17:46   Link #42
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Those lactic acid bacteria have to be some of the cutest objects I've seen in recent anime.

Good thing they turn out to have a benign purpose. I felt sympathetic to the plight of the cancer cell in season one but was happy when it was destroyed. These guys are eminently huggable. Plushies on the way?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-29, 19:42   Link #43
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I knew they'd be good bacterias because they looked cute. That's just common sense!
Old 2021-01-29, 21:48   Link #44
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well after all the evil looking germs and bacteria there cute looking bacteria

Wow White blood cell kicking a hole threw the door not just kicking it down
Old 2021-01-30, 17:29   Link #45
James Rye

Most adorable bacteria ever! Nyuuuuu~ <3

It is crazy when you think how many billions and billions of good, bad and neutral bacteria live in your guts. Basically a whole world on its own inside your body.
Old 2021-01-30, 21:30   Link #46
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
On this episode of "My little gut bacteria can't be this cute!", we meet some adorable lactic acid bacteria.
Old 2021-01-30, 23:35   Link #47
Wandering Soul

Looks like the Platelets have some serious competition for the cutest things in this series.
Old 2021-01-31, 00:48   Link #48
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Those things were cute to be sure. I was ready to feel terrible if they got killed off. But as the episode went along it did seem a given that they'd be alright.

Of course the start of the episode reminded me how brutal things are even in this show. Those cells get attacked, turned into threats, and then are just massacred as a result. They didn't do anything wrong really besides getting attacked and yet there's no recourse but to destroy them. So can empathize with the plight of the regular cell in all this.

But at the same time...that's how it goes. The cells there to defend the body have to take action. Can't pause too much to think about things or they and the body will be the ones taken out instead. It's a messy thing.
Old 2021-01-31, 04:51   Link #49
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Those things were cute to be sure. I was ready to feel terrible if they got killed off. But as the episode went along it did seem a given that they'd be alright.

Of course the start of the episode reminded me how brutal things are even in this show. Those cells get attacked, turned into threats, and then are just massacred as a result. They didn't do anything wrong really besides getting attacked and yet there's no recourse but to destroy them. So can empathize with the plight of the regular cell in all this.

But at the same time...that's how it goes. The cells there to defend the body have to take action. Can't pause too much to think about things or they and the body will be the ones taken out instead. It's a messy thing.
Look, those cells were told to stay at home, wear masks and socially distance. But they just don't listen!
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-31, 12:20   Link #50
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post

I felt the same way for those poor Langerhan Cells...
Old 2021-02-04, 14:09   Link #51
Frontier

Only NK Cell could make threatening to kill Ordinary Cell with impunity sound sexy .

The Macrophage's being their pleasant and polite selves while covered in blood and so gleefully smashing up germs will never get old .

Uh Oh, Influenza is back and it's Hulked Out into a new, stronger, strain .

So I see when stressed and not being able to perform as well NK Cell gets more flustered and embarrassed, and her tough, confident, persona falls down and she appears much more vulnerable and concerned. She even admitted she was actually trying to defend White Blood Cell from Ordinary Cell .

Does Memory T Cell always have to turn his recollections into a full-on performance? Although I guess he'd be less entertaining that way .

Dendritic Cell comes in with the save thanks to the Good Bacteria turning him drunk and flamboyant to where he reveals everyone's dark secrets to inspire them to fight harder. I guess that's one way to motivate the troops .

So young NK Cell was a Macrophage, complete with cute a maid outfit (and she looked utterly adorable) and also had a Chuuni Phase, White Blood Cell was passed over by a Platelet for a Macrophage, and Killer T Cell...once wore a china dress and fishnets? Kind of got to wrap my head around that one .

Turns out NK Cell was investigating the return of White Blood Cell's nemesis, Cancer, who now has a new body and is ready to wreak havoc as he searches after White Blood Cell for their rematch. This can't end well .
Old 2021-02-04, 16:12   Link #52
Blaat

Young NK Cell in a maid outfit was only the second best thing about the episode. The best thing was obviously the Turn A Gundam references.
Old 2021-02-04, 21:41   Link #53
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

I miss RBC. No appearance at all this episode, but she returns next time, with the oh so kawaii platelets!

Ah yes, the old nemesis from season 1. Let's hope it gets beat into submission again.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-04, 21:59   Link #54
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
The return of the Cancer Cell is upon us! Yeah, that's going to be a wild ride.

It was a bit sad not having Red Blood Cell hanging around, but she can't be everywhere I suppose . Hopefully she'll make her return next week. Considering the return of that old enemy, that seems possible.

Lot of good moments. Poor immune cells getting blackmailed and their traumas thrown about in order to fire them up. On the positive side NK is out of her slump. If she did track down her target while not being in her best state it could get bad.
Old 2021-02-05, 08:29   Link #55
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post
I miss RBC. No appearance at all this episode, but she returns next time, with the oh so kawaii platelets!

Ah yes, the old nemesis from season 1. Let's hope it gets beat into submission again.
She hasn't had a lot of screentime this season. Maybe because they really went into details about her job in season one and she's not a newbie anymore.
Old 2021-02-05, 10:46   Link #56
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
She hasn't had a lot of screentime this season. Maybe because they really went into details about her job in season one and she's not a newbie anymore.
And it gives Kana Hanazawa's vocal chords a bit of a break this season .
Old 2021-02-05, 16:17   Link #57
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

In the ED the focus is largely on White Blood Cell who seems to be the protagonist this season.

I've had radiation therapy for my prostate cancer, and it helped for a few years. Then my PSA levels shot up again, and I needed to follow a different treatment path (estrogen-like hormone shots). Cancer can be a sneaky and tough adversary.

I thought it was ominous at the time when the cancer cell in the first season predicted he'd make a comeback.
Old 2021-02-05, 16:36   Link #58
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Wait, why is a cell having a heart attack?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-05, 22:04   Link #59
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well those cute little Lactic Acid Bacteria having a lot of tricks up there sleeves and it one of them is making Dendritic Cell blackmail the other cells work harder
Old 2021-02-06, 10:35   Link #60
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

What lactic acid bacteria do in their off hours.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Tags
educational