AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-02-06, 17:17   Link #61
James Rye

Nk a cute maid! Is that how NK cells are made or was that her "growing time" when a Macrophages was nurturing her into a grown NK cell?
Old 2021-02-11, 13:21   Link #62
Frontier

What could be cuter than Platelets on a nice tour of bacteria alongside Red Blood Cell? With the return of Backwards Cap and "ano ne, ano ne?" Them lining up to get piggyback rides from Red Blood Cell .

So NK Cell realized what was going on with the good bacteria pretty quickly, she just didn't want to make a big deal out of it. White Blood Cell's right, her bluster really is masking how nice she is .

Stealth is a no-no when Killer T...I mean, Memory T Cell is on the job. I don't think he even understands the idea of being quite .

Jeez, Red Blood Cell finally thought she had an easy day and she gets stuck having to survive a harmful bacteria attack .

Were one of those harmful bacteria voiced by Yoshitsugu Matsuoka? It sure sounded like him. And of course it's wielding a sword .

White Blood Cell may be a killing machine, but he also fights to preserve life and the good in the body whenever he can .

So Ordinary Cell has to help stop the flow of harmful bacteria, Red Blood Cell has to get the Platelets away from the harmful bacteria, while the immune cells have to fight off Cancer again. It seems like the crux that might resolve all of this is...a female cell? After I got over how great a pair of legs they were, I thought to myself that the only cell I know that wears heels and tights like that is the T Cell who works for Command T Cell voiced by Saori Hayami. Is she going to turn out to be the hero of this incident ?
Old 2021-02-11, 20:38   Link #63
AP24

The end of this season will cover the final chapter of the manga. Looking forward to the final two episodes since they will cover “that virus”.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-11, 21:02   Link #64
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
God, the Platelets are good for the soul . They can be doing just about anything that cute factor will be through the roof. The mini-story of backwards cap during the tour ride was amazing.

Good to see Red Blood Cell around a bit more. She wasn't gone from the last few episodes, but she wasn't that involved either.

Things are looking pretty dire. You have that issue in the intestines which is pretty serious, but also the return of the Cancer Cell which can't be ignored either. That guy is even more monstrous than before.

I did appreciate the somber moment for White Blood Cell. Yeah, his job is to kill and that's just how it goes. But he's still a good guy that wants to protect others when possible. He isn't just a killing machine.
Old 2021-02-11, 21:21   Link #65
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

When my daughter was four we went to Disney World. She was already disappointed that Mickey and Minnie didn't meet the plane to greet her and really had no idea what Disney World was. I decided to take the Snow White ride like the one depicted in the anime. We went into the dark and the first thing we encountered was a model of the wicked witch that lit up as we arrived. It took all my efforts to keep my daughter from running out of the car and into the backstage area. The scene with the marionette microbes reminded me of that experience.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-12, 08:23   Link #66
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Had Red Blood Cell finished her job or did she just get sidetracked as she often does and ended up slacking off?
Old 2021-02-12, 10:35   Link #67
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Had Red Blood Cell finished her job or did she just get sidetracked as she often does and ended up slacking off?
I think you just answered your own question .
Old 2021-02-12, 10:38   Link #68
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
We can hope that she at least delivered her load, but after that her job was to get back to the heart then the lungs for another one. She decided to go play with the platelets instead, which I completely understand. Hard to blame her.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-12, 12:40   Link #69
James Rye

That Platelets taking a tour was insanely cute! <3
Old 2021-02-12, 21:56   Link #70
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So Killer T and NK just wants to out do each other good think NK kick Killer T in the water first

Well that is some tour
Old 2021-02-18, 12:32   Link #71
Frontier

I was all pumped for Regulatory-T-Cell to come in and back the immune Cells up, but it turns out that with her role in the body she regards Cancer as part of the body, and as such not subject to attack like other bacteria. So she steps away from her desk and then hands Memory-T-Cell and NK Cell their butts. Never underestimate somebody who just looks like a secretary at first glance .

I'm sure there are probably those who wish they could trade with Memory-T-Cell in terms of getting repeatedly stomped on by Regulatory-T-Cell's heels .

Red Blood Cell has come so far now to where she can be strong for the Platelets to lean on as she helps get them out of such a dangerous situation .

Man, poor Ordinary Cell having to tell Lactic Acid Bacteria to run away and leave him at the mercy of those harmful bacteria...I mean, Lactic Acid will probably come back and save him, but still. Also just realized that we have Petelgeuse torturing Subaru again because of the VA's of Ordinary Cell and that sword-wielding Bacteria .

Watching White Blood Cell protect the Good Bacteria has inspired even more existentialism and questions of life in the body from Cancer Cell, as he questions the meaning of living for beings who desire to protect cells while also killing them with impunity. And then Cancer Cell proceeds to take on his final form to achieve his ideal of liberation for all Cells, even if it has to kill the body to do it .
Old 2021-02-18, 18:40   Link #72
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Wow, that was quite a ride! I actually watched it twice which i rarely do. I love the score in this show for both seasons. I got to pay more attention to the music the second time through.

I wonder how much verisimilitude this episode had, especially compared to season one.

What was that giant domed area supposed to be? It appeared to have metal walls and rivets. The problematic intestine? What about the isolation chamber that trapped WBC? What the hell was that?

So once again Cancer waxes philosophical. I saw Cancer's point in season one, that he didn't choose to be malignant yet he was being hunted down by the immune police. This time around Cancer is more megalomaniacal and thus much less appealing. I'm with our trio -- kill the sucker.

I don't understand the behavior of the Regulatory T Cell at all. You'd think those cells would have evolved sufficiently to recognize cancer and not intervene in its destruction. Having a hard-and-fast rule that "you shall not kill any other cells in this body, only external organisms" seems unduly restrictive and probably not something the evolution would select for. Guess it's off to Wiki to learn about Regulatory T Cells. Oh, and whether cancer spreads through puppet clones.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-18, 19:09   Link #73
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I don't understand the behavior of the Regulatory T Cell at all. You'd think those cells would have evolved sufficiently to recognize cancer and not intervene in its destruction. Having a hard-and-fast rule that "you shall not kill any other cells in this body, only external organisms" seems unduly restrictive and probably not something the evolution would select for. Guess it's off to Wiki to learn about Regulatory T Cells. Oh, and whether cancer spreads through puppet clones.
The explanation about Regulatory T Cells is what I found the most interesting in this episode. They're pretty much a double edged swords.
Old 2021-02-18, 20:44   Link #74
Frontier

This kind of reminds me of an episode of Code Black:

Spoiler:
Old 2021-02-18, 21:36   Link #75
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

That was intense! Very philosophical and deep by Cancer Cell. What is the purpose? Why sacrifice when we can all live freely, albeit for a limited time? Why not spread our ideals to the rest of the body? (OK, this last one hasn't come up, but cancer spreads and when those DNA helices popped up, I knew that was how they wanted to interpret the replication for future spreading).

This is the darkest timeline for this body, and probably darker than Black (yeah that body has a host of other problems, but nothing is worse than cancer).
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-18, 22:54   Link #76
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I guess that's the way it goes. Regulatory T is stuck in her role and can't look beyond it. It's practically at the point with her giving subtle clues to Memory T that he needs to hurry up and mature so he can beat her and stop Cancer Cell. But of course that's how it goes with Cancer. The body may respond, but other parts don't since it is still part of your body in the end.

Cancer Cell's situation was tragic, though he's gone full crazy now. Let's forget the body so all the cells can live freely and party it up. Oh sure, they'll all die when the body fails. But until then it will be fun . I suppose for him that really is the only way to go though. There's no option to just live quietly in the body.

Everyone is in a bad spot though and it does allow everyone a chance to overcome. Be it Red Blood Cell or Normal Cell, they are struggling against their own situation. And there's no help coming from White Blood Cell for either since he's really got his hands full...
Old 2021-02-19, 15:37   Link #77
James Rye

I know this episode was serious and shit, but man, Regulatory Cell, please step on me! <3
Old 2021-02-19, 21:47   Link #78
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Regulatory T Cell is just way to strong just stopping Killer T punch with one hand and wiping the floor with all 3 of them with out even messing up her hair or clothes
Old 2021-02-20, 08:06   Link #79
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

NK talks a big game, but she's even more useless than Memory T...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-20, 09:11   Link #80
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

They didn't even show how Reg cell dealt with NK. You just see her pulling a cable while fighting Memory T and the next shot NK is all tied up.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
educational