AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic > Past FMP Series (Archive)

Notices

View Poll Results: Kaname vs. Tessa
Kaname 472 57.07%
Tessa 355 42.93%
Voters: 827. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-11, 14:35   Link #481
Oxtail

I'm usually a big fan of the tsunderes, but in this case I have to go with Tessa over Kaname. Kaname is just way too tsuntsun all the time. So many great romantic moments are ruined because she has to slip into angry tsuntsun mode for no reason.

I don't buy the argument that Kaname is strong and Tessa is somehow weak. Perhaps that's true physically, but it's Tessa who's the one making the hard life or death decisions while Kaname is the perpetual damsel in distress. Tessa is emotionally mature while Kaname is like a little kid in denial over her own feelings.

I don't see Tessa as co-dependent at all. She had to make a decision for the good of her crew that she knew might cause the man she loved to end up hating her and she did it anyway. At that same moment, Kaname was crying over the fact that her man(who she totally took for granted) wasn't there to protect her.

In the end it won't matter because Kaname is destined to win this fight. But this is one of those rare instances where I'm pulling for the "doomed" romantic rival against the tsundere lead...as futile as that might be.
Old 2008-03-14, 17:18   Link #482
Chidori<3
Hei x Yin

hmmm.. it's hard to say i like both of them, tessa is beautyfull and smart, but too sweet to me xD

Kaname has characer and temperament and i don't know...

just i like her much then tessa

my vote goes to Chidori
Old 2008-03-14, 20:12   Link #483
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Send a message via AIM to Sobresaliente Send a message via MSN to Sobresaliente
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxtail View Post
I'm usually a big fan of the tsunderes, but in this case I have to go with Tessa over Kaname. Kaname is just way too tsuntsun all the time. So many great romantic moments are ruined because she has to slip into angry tsuntsun mode for no reason.

I don't buy the argument that Kaname is strong and Tessa is somehow weak. Perhaps that's true physically, but it's Tessa who's the one making the hard life or death decisions while Kaname is the perpetual damsel in distress. Tessa is emotionally mature while Kaname is like a little kid in denial over her own feelings.

I don't see Tessa as co-dependent at all. She had to make a decision for the good of her crew that she knew might cause the man she loved to end up hating her and she did it anyway. At that same moment, Kaname was crying over the fact that her man(who she totally took for granted) wasn't there to protect her.

In the end it won't matter because Kaname is destined to win this fight. But this is one of those rare instances where I'm pulling for the "doomed" romantic rival against the tsundere lead...as futile as that might be.
thank you man, she is making all the hard life decisions... but u cant say either of them is more mature than the other, both of them are thrown into instances taht younger ppl shouldnt be thrown into. and after kaname fought off one of the sisters u cant say that that isnt mature. both of them are blah blah blah ur wrong LOL xD jk

AND WTF, SHE IS NOT DESTINED TO WIN, for all we know they all might die xD or non of them will have anyone THAT IS PURE SPEcuLATION EVEN THO I AGREE THAT THEY WILL BE TOGETHER SO IM BEING A HYPOCRIT xD
Old 2008-03-17, 07:02   Link #484
UltimateClash

I like them both, but I voted Tessa to try to even out the scales. Sagara deserves them both!
Old 2008-03-17, 21:16   Link #485
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateClash View Post
I like them both, but I voted Tessa to try to even out the scales. Sagara deserves them both!
OH boo pick who u want not to even it out.... and yes he does, but a love triangle would be riskay... and its sousuke he doesnt know what to do with one girl so he would be so WTF oO
Old 2008-03-18, 16:13   Link #486
MyGoddess
Tessa-sama

Send a message via MSN to MyGoddess
Tessa-sama

Why?

Well it's the same as asking why there is a God.
Old 2008-03-19, 10:15   Link #487
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Too bad God would choose kaname xP
Old 2008-03-26, 12:39   Link #488
Joeshie

Quote:
Kaname was forced into that position because she wanted to save the life of Sousuke. But I guess that was just a stupid reason, wasn't it? I guess it was a sign of weakness to save a person you love right?

I also think it's hilarious that you consider Tessa emotionally mature. If anything she is the most emotionally immature character in the entire show, even trailing behind Sousuke. Who was the one who cried and whined at Sousuke when she finally realized she couldn't have him? Tessa. Hell, her "love" for Sousuke was nothing more than puppy dog love, which kind of goes to show her own immaturity in that area.

I think they are both mentally strong and capable, Chidori being able to handle herself even when Sousuke isn't around to protect her and Tessa is able to handle high-stress situations and lead hundreds of people. The only real difference is that Chidori is also physically strong as well as mentally strong.

Both girls have admirable qualities, but I personally prefer Chidori because of her personality.
Old 2008-03-26, 15:14   Link #489
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

kaname cried as well in "her problem" when she killedone of the twins... she balled her eyes out for him too. so u cant totally put it on tessa for crying, they both want him and both of them cried.
Old 2008-03-26, 15:51   Link #490
Oxtail

Wow, I must have struck a nerve. For the record, I was refering to the anime since I haven't read the novels and I'll readily conceed that Kaname does grow up later on in the story. It would be a pretty horrid story if she didn't.

It was actually the twin situation in TSR I was refering to. All that whining and crying about how Sousuke wasn't there to protect her wouldn't have been as annoying if she hadn't spent most of the time when he WAS around bitching at him and taking him for granted.

Like I said, Sousuke is going to end up with Kaname, so it's a bit of a moot point. I'm not too upset with that since I figure Tessa deserves someone better anyway. Sousuke is definitely an admirable hero, but as a boyfriend/husband, there's a bit lacking there.
Old 2008-03-27, 00:09   Link #491
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Wow, I must have struck a nerve. For the record, I was refering to the anime since I haven't read the novels and I'll readily conceed that Kaname does grow up later on in the story. It would be a pretty horrid story if she didn't.

It was actually the twin situation in TSR I was refering to. All that whining and crying about how Sousuke wasn't there to protect her wouldn't have been as annoying if she hadn't spent most of the time when he WAS around bitching at him and taking him for granted.

Like I said, Sousuke is going to end up with Kaname, so it's a bit of a moot point. I'm not too upset with that since I figure Tessa deserves someone better anyway. Sousuke is definitely an admirable hero, but as a boyfriend/husband, there's a bit lacking there.
WOW WOW WOW... harsh my friend, harsh. The fact she bitches at him is true, but that isnt as annoying as tessa's inability to function around sousuke with her retarded goofy self LOL i love tessa and kaname, but come on man, taking him for granted idk about that... she is a tough person on the outside to cover how she feels on the inside, it is hard for her to tell sousuke how she feels, she has a quick temper which doesn't help either. all in all she is a good person as well. And sousuke at the end of TSR has GROWN UP, boyfriend/husband he can do, he is gradually learning and maturing, he is thinking about his FUTURE OUTSIDE OF THE MILITARY
Old 2008-03-27, 11:44   Link #492
Razziell22

Kaname FTW
I like her look and personality more.
Old 2008-03-28, 19:44   Link #493
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobresaliente View Post
WOW WOW WOW... harsh my friend, harsh. The fact she bitches at him is true, but that isnt as annoying as tessa's inability to function around sousuke with her retarded goofy self LOL i love tessa and kaname, but come on man, taking him for granted idk about that... she is a tough person on the outside to cover how she feels on the inside, it is hard for her to tell sousuke how she feels, she has a quick temper which doesn't help either. all in all she is a good person as well. And sousuke at the end of TSR has GROWN UP, boyfriend/husband he can do, he is gradually learning and maturing, he is thinking about his FUTURE OUTSIDE OF THE MILITARY
I don't see Kaname's inability to generally function around Sousuke in a non-aggressive manner to be anything appealing either. Sorry, but i would much rather be the object of affection of a girl who behaves "goofy" around me than someone who complains, argues and hits me over the head with a paper fan on a daily basis. As appealing as tsundere might seem in the world of fiction, i have to wonder how many people would be actually willing to put up with one on daily basis. Tessa might be "goofy" (which is nothing but a negative "synonym" for flustered in this case to make a point), but i would gladly take that over kaname any day of the week, whom i consider to be annoying of various degrees more often than not. She might be a good person at heart, but the wrapping doesn't make her the least bit appealing to me.
Old 2008-03-29, 11:06   Link #494
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I don't see Kaname's inability to generally function around Sousuke in a non-aggressive manner to be anything appealing either. Sorry, but i would much rather be the object of affection of a girl who behaves "goofy" around me than someone who complains, argues and hits me over the head with a paper fan on a daily basis. As appealing as tsundere might seem in the world of fiction, i have to wonder how many people would be actually willing to put up with one on daily basis. Tessa might be "goofy" (which is nothing but a negative "synonym" for flustered in this case to make a point), but i would gladly take that over kaname any day of the week, whom i consider to be annoying of various degrees more often than not. She might be a good person at heart, but the wrapping doesn't make her the least bit appealing to me.
i was just pointing out two things between the women and i never said one is more attractive then the other, both have drawbacks man. Violence is not the answer LOL but being annoyingly retarded isn't appealing either. Both violence and goofiness (a bad goofiness) are not attractive.

both don kno how to act, both lookin like a foo.

Tessa is becoming a little less goofy and kaname did NOT hit Sousuke at the end of TSR which was surprising... everyone in FMP is maturing OH HOW LOVELY <3
Old 2008-04-07, 08:35   Link #495
mehmeh1068

kaname and tessa both have their cool sides and annoying sides, but i voted tessa because although usually i don't like ditsy people, she's much more hilarious when she gets mad, compared to kaname.
actually, i used to like kaname more, because tessa seemed so weak and naive, and she acts all weird around sousuke. but sousuke aside, tessa gets stronger in tsr (as marduakas-san says), and the tsr ova made me change my mind.
btw i didn't read the novels, so my opinions are based on up to tsr

Last edited by mehmeh1068; 2008-04-07 at 09:00.
Old 2008-04-10, 02:18   Link #496
AkamaDramaKarma

I think Tessa would be more suitable for Sousuke rather than Kaname
There are several reasons.

I think Sousuke is quite like a robot and therefore has a hard time expressing his feelings sometimes. Likewise, Kaname is also reluctant to express her feelings and frequently hides behind her aggressive persona. Tessa on the other hand seems to be more open with her feelings to Sousuke in my opinion. That's why I think Tessa and Sousuke complement each other well. If it was Kaname and Sousuke, it would take forever for the relationship to progress!

Secondly I think Sousuke and Tessa have so much more in common. Tessa and Sousuke have been involved in the military since they were very young. It's pretty much all they know. Sousuke definitely doesn't fit into normal society and I think he's better off with Tessa and their AS's

Thirdly, Kaname can hook up with any guy in her school, but poor Tessa has absolutely no one around her that is of a similar age other than Sousuke.
She's stuck in that submarine all the time and has no time to meet anyone else.
Seems quite lonely for her, so that gets her some points as well.

Also, Tessa is very smart so she can supply the brains in the relationship and Sousuke can provide the strength.

Lastly, I think Tessa's more cute than Kaname

However, there is the problem of her being his superior
Old 2008-04-10, 02:22   Link #497
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Sousuke can have Kaname. I want Tessa.
Old 2008-04-10, 10:50   Link #498
Sobresaliente
DOMO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkamaDramaKarma View Post
I think Tessa would be more suitable for Sousuke rather than Kaname
There are several reasons.

I think Sousuke is quite like a robot and therefore has a hard time expressing his feelings sometimes. Likewise, Kaname is also reluctant to express her feelings and frequently hides behind her aggressive persona. Tessa on the other hand seems to be more open with her feelings to Sousuke in my opinion. That's why I think Tessa and Sousuke complement each other well. If it was Kaname and Sousuke, it would take forever for the relationship to progress!

Secondly I think Sousuke and Tessa have so much more in common. Tessa and Sousuke have been involved in the military since they were very young. It's pretty much all they know. Sousuke definitely doesn't fit into normal society and I think he's better off with Tessa and their AS's

Thirdly, Kaname can hook up with any guy in her school, but poor Tessa has absolutely no one around her that is of a similar age other than Sousuke.
She's stuck in that submarine all the time and has no time to meet anyone else.
Seems quite lonely for her, so that gets her some points as well.

Also, Tessa is very smart so she can supply the brains in the relationship and Sousuke can provide the strength.

Lastly, I think Tessa's more cute than Kaname

However, there is the problem of her being his superior

well if u have seen TSR then u would see that sousuke has begun to rebel against his military background to be with kaname. also the fact she cried on his shoulder shows that her emotions are now being let out for him. Not totally but it is a step.

also tessa and sousuke ONLY relate due to military issues. kaname and sousuke have experienced many real life activities together such as the hair cut scene. they spend time together on a NORMAL basis. plus they are common in ways too, stubborn, aggressive, both smart (sousuke not so much real life, that is why he likes kaname, she is his other half in the real world)

that is not kaname's fault taht she was born into a "real" life than tessa's ridiculous life. don't hold that against kaname.. blame it on the creator XD
Old 2008-04-16, 08:13   Link #499
jerkette
Sore Ga, Ai Deshou! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobresaliente View Post
well if u have seen TSR then u would see that sousuke has begun to rebel against his military background to be with kaname. also the fact she cried on his shoulder shows that her emotions are now being let out for him. Not totally but it is a step.

also tessa and sousuke ONLY relate due to military issues. kaname and sousuke have experienced many real life activities together such as the hair cut scene. they spend time together on a NORMAL basis. plus they are common in ways too, stubborn, aggressive, both smart (sousuke not so much real life, that is why he likes kaname, she is his other half in the real world)

that is not kaname's fault taht she was born into a "real" life than tessa's ridiculous life. don't hold that against kaname.. blame it on the creator XD

I SO AGREE WITH YOU.... SH**!.. CANT EXPRESS WHY I PREFER KANAME MORE THAN TESSA...

WELL.. BOTH KANAME AND TESSA ARE NOT YOUR GIRL NEXT DOOR... BUT KANAME IS, FOR ME, MORE EXCITING AND FUN TO BE WITH... SHE CAN SHOW SOUSUKE TO BE IN THE REAL WORLD, AND WIDEN HIS HORIZON.. WHICH WILL FURTHER MAKE HIM GROW...

TESSA BEING A CAPTAIN OF A SUBMARINE, CANNOT SHOW SOUSUKE WHAT KANAME CAN.. SHE IS JUST LIKE SOUSUKE WITH A LIMITED SURROUNDING, BEING IN MILITARY AND WARS.. THEIR WORLD IS SO FULL OF CHAOS..

"Not everything is as it seems."
Old 2008-04-16, 22:43   Link #500
Dr_Tom
Also Known As Tomchan

Location: SoCal!! It's pretty awesome...once you get used to the ridiculous cost of living...
Send a message via MSN to Dr_Tom
Though my reason isn't necessarily anything special, I love Kaname....There's just something about Tsundere characters that just draws me in.
Closed Thread