AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-05-06, 22:09   Link #261
Ryo K

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y11...Mnesyomune.jpg Alcohol is part I like amongst other things about this show. =3
Ryo K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-07, 12:31   Link #262
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Aquila View Post
I hace a feeling that the man who kisses Rin in the credits is very well implied to be a much older version of Kouki's son, which would justify the uncharacteristically tender and emotional response from her.

And quickly off topic, Mr Sinestra, what series is your icon from?
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Don't watch it, but the icon is from Soul Eater.
Sorry for my late reply been busy but Serenade_beta already answered your question it was from Soul Eater.

Serenade_Beta take it youre not a fan of Soul Eater?
Old 2008-05-07, 12:46   Link #263
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Serenade_Beta take it youre not a fan of Soul Eater?
Never watched or read it. At first, the only reason I never planned to watch it was the seemingly dull story/plot. Then, I gave up on seeing it after looking at the animation style.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-07, 21:20   Link #264
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 4
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-08, 10:05   Link #265
umeboshi_onigiri

I do not know if this has been mentioned, but the R2J DVD release includes English subtitles.
umeboshi_onigiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 08:52   Link #266
sorrowsiren

Thumbs up

After drinking much coffee and thinking about this show (among many bad ones I've watched recently) I felt I wanted to type...

I just realized how truly impressed I am with that 20 year time gap. They did something very unique with anime there.

Immortality is rarely covered well in anime, in the Highlander drama sense. It's more like say, Hellsing, where you can watch the show and never feel that Alucard is offset from the world (outside of 1 or 2 flashbacks).

But the fact that in this, it's like the characters remain in place, while the world advances 20 years. It's really like ripping them out of the timeline and showing that they don't belong in our world. That they live on a different scale then us....

Well, and I also can't deny the appeal of the alcoholism jokes and torture scenes as an alcoholic alt-life-styling person myself.....

I have really high hopes for the next 3 episodes, I hope it ends well.. This could take a place on my top 10 list if it has a solid ending...
sorrowsiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 14:55   Link #267
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Woot, episode 4 is subbed!
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 00:14   Link #268
EvilDevil

ep 4 was awsome...
i wonder if the dog is immortal too? i mean we know it affects humans, but what if it affects animals too?...
and i was sad that the info/yurilolirapist/lady passed way... i wonder if mimi misses her...
EvilDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 00:50   Link #269
EvilDevil

i wonder... before the cop die, he had a flashback of her in bed, looking embarrased... i wonder if they used to be lovers...
Old 2008-05-12, 02:05   Link #270
Xakanis

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDevil View Post
i wonder... before the cop die, he had a flashback of her in bed, looking embarrased... i wonder if they used to be lovers...
In episode one when Maeno, Rin and the cop guy were talking in the cafe, the cop was being stubborn or something about giving information to Rin, and Rin mentioned something about a night last year...

So yeah they probably had a fling.

An on another note, this episode was probably the best out of all of them, with a pretty good plot this time around.
Xakanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 02:41   Link #271
Strabo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDevil View Post
ep 4 was awsome...
i wonder if the dog is immortal too? i mean we know it affects humans, but what if it affects animals too?...
Well, that dog survived2 10+ year timeskips, without getting any older. And then it got shot, without apparent injury. So I guess it is older.

Quote:
and i was sad that the info/yurilolirapist/lady passed way... i wonder if mimi misses her...
Well, Mimi seemed awfully quick to use her services. In the previous episode, she was really reluctant. But this episode, she experiences a minor setback, and almost instantly, with no displeasure, she's all: "Oh well, I'll have to have sex with- I mean, get some inofmation from her." I think was starting to enjoy it.
Strabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 05:06   Link #272
Blaat

I enjoyed episode 4, although Meano Sr. > Meano Jr. Poor mum though, she looks really lonely.

The high amount of camera's was really freaky though and probably the one thing that's going to be true in 2015. Big Brother is watching you!

As for the preview, another huge timeskip, and we'll probably find out who the bearded angel is.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 05:52   Link #273
mehmeh1068

Spoiler for ep 4:
mehmeh1068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 09:42   Link #274
Polaryzed_123
Workin' sux!
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Polaryzed_123 Send a message via MSN to Polaryzed_123 Send a message via Yahoo to Polaryzed_123
You know, after watching ep 4, you wonder what kind of relationship Rin and Mimi actually have. They're obviously lovers...sometimes. But how much more than that? Are they kinda like a really old married couple that are so comfortable in their relationship with one another that they almost seem like business partners? Or are they really just business partners? It obviously doesn't bother either of them too much when they have to 'pay' for information. Is that confidence in their relationship that one knows the other is merely satisfying a physical need? Or is Rin being snowed by Mimi? I shall ponder this for a while in 1.0.
Polaryzed_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 09:52   Link #275
Hedd
Random Object

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaryzed_123 View Post
You know, after watching ep 4, you wonder what kind of relationship Rin and Mimi actually have. They're obviously lovers...sometimes. But how much more than that? Are they kinda like a really old married couple that are so comfortable in their relationship with one another that they almost seem like business partners? Or are they really just business partners? It obviously doesn't bother either of them too much when they have to 'pay' for information. Is that confidence in their relationship that one knows the other is merely satisfying a physical need? Or is Rin being snowed by Mimi? I shall ponder this for a while in 1.0.
It leaves a bit of a question mark. When Rin makes a little joke about getting some on the side, Mimi shows some fire like she's being jealously protective. They definitely have an interesting relationship.
Old 2008-05-12, 11:22   Link #276
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I was so happy the dog survived lol they never mentioned anything about animals when they mentioned the time spores so it could be possible for animals to be immortal too.

So yea Rin touched on a good point that Mimi has been using a certain someone's services quite frequently. PLus they seemed kind of close maybe Mimi actually likes the stimulation from someone else other Rin for a change. I mean just because they are immortal doesnt mean they cant have sex with men. Hell Rin even talks about her being in love with someone the Mr mysterious guy on the other end of the phone who i guess we will find out more about in the next episode.

I guess Rin survived since shes in the preview. But i mean being sucked into an airplane engine and her pieces being blown out the otherside i cringed when i saw that. But what i didnt understand was where the hell Mimi was going. My guess is it was time for them to relocate again they had been in that office for a long time.

Kouki son was a whinny bitch and man did he try to get into Rins pants but oh well cant blame the guy Rin is hot and hes a teenage boy with raging hormones. Im just disappointed that Rin's fighting skills have gone down hill. Now it seems she just gets owned by everyone and just waits to pull herself together.

Im still not sure where the series is headed too but iv loved it for what it is. Most series do time skips and immortals horribly Mnemosyne has done a fantastic job with the flow from the 80's to the 90's to the new age. I feel attached to Rim and Mimi now maybe after seeing them go through so much and how their emotions really come out when they talk about how they cant die.

Looks like more sex and gore next time around
Old 2008-05-12, 22:06   Link #277
EvilDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Im just disappointed that Rin's fighting skills have gone down hill. Now it seems she just gets owned by everyone and just waits to pull herself together.
when you are immortal, there is no reason to continue to practice self-defense... either that or she doesnt see the point to it...
Old 2008-05-13, 07:33   Link #278
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Wow, good plot this time - that Ruon went from damsel in distress to 'kill it with fire!!' seamlessly. I still feel bad for her, being killed by her father like that and all, but notice Rin held her fire until she talked about putting Teruki through the same thing. That's when sympathy fails and survival takes over

The time skips are a strong point of this show, like sorrowsiren brought out. It has rewatch value at least to backtrack and remind yourself of where certain characters came from.

I've heard of cases where people have been sucked through jet engines and survived. I don't know about the super high-tech turbines they have in the future (), but I suppose it's not all that unlikely that Rin survived. Still, I think it's a fair bet to say that if she did get minced into thousands of pieces, she wouldn't be returning to us.

If Angels have an approximate lifespan of a few weeks, it seems odd for Rin to be talking to that winged fellow like an old friend. Maybe he received some special seed (the seeds are pretty much Minovsky Particles at this point, anyway) that gave him similar immortality to that of a woman.

Still trying to figure out what kind of a chess master Apos is trying to be, if any.

Mimi probably just got sick of hearing Rin saying 'no' all the time
Of course, one might argue that Rin always refuses because she's been trying to get a glass of water for the last forty years to no avail...
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 09:51   Link #279
Fweakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
Mimi probably just got sick of hearing Rin saying 'no' all the time
Of course, one might argue that Rin always refuses because she's been trying to get a glass of water for the last forty years to no avail...

Again another good episode. This one I found a bit hard to follow, but I suspect that was my fault, not the storytelling. Note to self: only watch mindless drivel when falling asleep.
Fweakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 04:48   Link #280
Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Darkside
Oh man I cringed when Rin went through that plane turbine, I hope she's able to pull herself back together ok . What was the deal at the end? Did Mimi nuke the office and leave or something?

Tags
at-x, ecchi, mature