Notices

Old 2009-04-29, 11:34   Link #4461
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundam rider View Post
ummm...ok..now...., that was the first time i have heard that word even existed

but i never heard of that word in my life being used in everday stuffs, like for example:

"ok guys!!, lets ENACT!!"
The word isn't exactly common, but it's not like it's a very deep and rare word.

Examples:

"Congress enacted a tax reform bill."

or

"enacted the part of the parent."

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 11:48   Link #4462
gundam rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
The word isn't exactly common, but it's not like it's a very deep and rare word.

Examples:

"Congress enacted a tax reform bill."

or

"enacted the part of the parent."

ok...., still need to learn more about the "minor-simple mysteries" of the world

hmmm...., more knowledge informations learned today,

thanks guys!

by the way......., isn't this thread is supposed to be about 00 Mecha, Weapons, & Technology!?

it kinda feels off-topic, for a moment.....
gundam rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 11:57   Link #4463
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Enact,always thought it was a cool name......Patrick Green Test Colours are the best........

[Wonders why self didn't get HG.......*looks at unsatifactory HG Custom Flag and unbuild Ali Enact*]

Damnit,I'm a sucker for that type of green.......must resist......falling to.......Bandai's......marketing scheme........
Old 2009-04-29, 22:15   Link #4464
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
You know, the 00 Gundam should be more hax because of the square output of the GN Drives. I've been doing some referencing in MAHQ, and usually if the power source output is listed, it's about 1000 to 2000 kW. Lets just say the GN drives is rated at 1000kW or when translated it becomes 1000000W (yes, one million), then the 00 squared that and the power output become 1 with 14 0 behind it (100000000000000). Yes, that much...

Because of that output is damn huge, shouldn't the 00 be in Trans-Am all the time?

Maybe it's because of the stresses on the frame? But didn't the 0 Raiser fixed that? Was it ever said why?
Unless I remember incorrectly, the power output isn't squared, the GN particle output is squared. So power output only doubles, so still assuming 1000 kW for one drive, it would go 2000 kW for two drives. Only the particle output is squared.
Old 2009-04-29, 22:55   Link #4465
LordStrike
Gundam Meister

one question is it true that the Tau drives produce more particles than the original GN drives? some one said it was stated in the anime dunno were.
Old 2009-04-29, 23:45   Link #4466
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Seeing as they need to recharge, I'd say their particle production is very limited.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 00:19   Link #4467
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordStrike View Post
one question is it true that the Tau drives produce more particles than the original GN drives? some one said it was stated in the anime dunno were.
I don't remember it being mentioned in the anime anywhere,most Tau Drives are inferior in terms of average output,although I think they can match their optimum output no problem,I think it's just a matter of electrcity economics.Where as the Originals probably can stay at optimum output all the time,and this also becomes it's average output in battle.

But if the Gadessa manual is anything to go by,the GNZ Drives should match the Original's performence,so I think the GNZ Drives have improved their electrical efficiency further,leading to a better average output that can better match the Originals.

This is as long as they have a great amount of electrcity left,as their electrical supply dwindles,their average output drops further,as in the case of the Thrones.

Battles it seems,also drain the operational time of the suit tremendously,probably because the Drive have to operate at a high production level to replace spent particles,where as if the suit is not battling or just immobile,the Drives go into low production mode,where they consume alot less electricity,they can't turn it off without being able to turn it back on again so that's the best they could do.
Old 2009-04-30, 01:18   Link #4468
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Send a message via Yahoo to GrahamAker
if we see ms vs ms battle, 00 raiser is stronger than masurao ,garazzo.but when they both were equipped with trans arm.they seemed equivalent.
GrahamAker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 01:33   Link #4469
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

And for the last new mecha files this month, from the HG Arche Gundam manual:

Spoiler for HG Arche Manual:

As always, translations needed

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2009-04-30, 02:25   Link #4470
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
I don't remember it being mentioned in the anime anywhere,most Tau Drives are inferior in terms of average output,although I think they can match their optimum output no problem,I think it's just a matter of electrcity economics.Where as the Originals probably can stay at optimum output all the time,and this also becomes it's average output in battle.

But if the Gadessa manual is anything to go by,the GNZ Drives should match the Original's performence,so I think the GNZ Drives have improved their electrical efficiency further,leading to a better average output that can better match the Originals.

This is as long as they have a great amount of electrcity left,as their electrical supply dwindles,their average output drops further,as in the case of the Thrones.

Battles it seems,also drain the operational time of the suit tremendously,probably because the Drive have to operate at a high production level to replace spent particles,where as if the suit is not battling or just immobile,the Drives go into low production mode,where they consume alot less electricity,they can't turn it off without being able to turn it back on again so that's the best they could do.
Official info from 00 Mechanics 1st

Output Characteristics:
Tau: There isn’t a significant difference in output, but since the operation time is limited, in a drawn-out conflict the original GN Drives have a decided advantage.
Real: Again, there isn’t a significant output difference, but the advantages of unlimited supply and the ability to store particles come to mind.

IMHO the electricity left has no relation to the output but has a relation to the time left, like a laptop, I have 24,5Wh left of electricity but my computer is still able to operate at 100%, but if I use it at 100% continually I will be able to use it for only 30mn instead of 2 hours.
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 02:52   Link #4471
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhus12 View Post
if we see ms vs ms battle, 00 raiser is stronger than masurao ,garazzo.but when they both were equipped with trans arm.they seemed equivalent.
Well,it should be noted that 00 is a versatile suit,with properties extending to melee,high mobility,high speed(Arios),long range beams(Cherudim/Gadessa),large powerful beams(Seravee) and GN-Fields(Seravee).IT excels in all fields.

The Masuruo focuses sole on speed,no GN Fields and probably extremely low defenses,something like the Custom Flag which gets speed in trade for less armor and fuel,they lack 00's versatility that allows it to excel in most situations.Of course there are always versatile single suits out there,but they're level of power of versatile abilities does not match 00's.The Susano Masuruo is slightly versatile than the original,with it's beam cannon of it[Not sure whether original Masuruo had one].It can probably afford some because it's no longer using beam blades in addition to better equipment.

Garazzo is somewhat similar,using most of it's particles for speed,beam sabers and if GN-Fields,but it still lacks 00's versatality.Melee combat is a good way to go because one hit may be fatal.

And Trans-Am is the ultimate short term weapon,even if 00's stronger and more powerful it's a good,00's speed won't increase more than a certain limit,there are abilities that are limited to the frame and most of 00's enemies are those that have their own specialties and they challenge 00 using this and 00 can do nothing but use it's best responds on it version on the same respond

For example[Using mostly episode 16],if Masuruo attacks 00 with speed,00 may respond in turn with it's speed which is equal or slightly less than Masuruo,it's large beams are useless here,on the other hand 00 cannot focus all of it's particles]on speed;which is what Masuruo is doing.00's advantage of having alot more particles however,is translated into other abilities,in this case,it's GN Fields.But only if such abilities may prove useful in the battle,00's super large beams[Like the one used on Ali in 14]isn't really going to be compatible in this battle wheas a GN Field still is,00 used it to block one of Masuruo's attack.

The 00 also does not suffer any post Trans-Am weaknesses and can fight at optimum levels post Trans-Am,and then it can do this again.The GN Tau Drives are wrecked after each Trans-Am,forcing a retreat to base in addition to other single Drive weaknesses.

The only exception on 00's focusing abilities is Trans-Am Raiser,where all of it's particles are focoused into one giant beam sword.

Another thing that should not be forgotten is Veda's backup,Trans-Am is EXTREMELY high pace,so having Veda backing you up during this may give advantage to the non-Meisters because they have Veda helping them.The difference may be alot less when in non-Trans-Am because they [usually] fight at lower paces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
Official info from 00 Mechanics 1st

Output Characteristics:
Tau: There isn’t a significant difference in output, but since the operation time is limited, in a drawn-out conflict the original GN Drives have a decided advantage.
Real: Again, there isn’t a significant output difference, but the advantages of unlimited supply and the ability to store particles come to mind.

IMHO the electricity left has no relation to the output but has a relation to the time left, like a laptop, I have 24,5Wh left of electricity but my computer is still able to operate at 100%, but if I use it at 100% continually I will be able to use it for only 30mn instead of 2 hours.
I see your point.I came up with my explanation after the Gadessa manual came out which explains that it's Drive have been upgraded to be equal in performence to the Originals.I came up with the more efficent electrical usage of that.In some sense the Gadessa manual slightly contradics the 1st mechanics.

As for the laptop analogy,in real life you are right and it makes sense.The problem is the
Thrones,in one of the late S1 episodes,the Thrones's Drives were suffering a drop in GN output of the Thrones not being recharged in a while.Of course it could simply be a smart economical decision,since they cannot operate at higher levels without going dry alot faster.

It could also be internal programing of the Drives,that forces it to operate with less output at lower electrcity levels.
Old 2009-04-30, 03:07   Link #4472
Miles Teg

Quote:
The 00 also does not suffer any post Trans-Am weaknesses and can fight at optimum levels post Trans-Am,and then it can do this again.The GN Tau Drives are wrecked after each Trans-Am,forcing a retreat to base in addition to other single Drive weaknesses.
Then for what reason Setsuna was looking at the charge of the GN Condenser in episode 25, IMHO because the 00 wasn't at full power until the GN Condenser were fully charged.

About the Trans-am and GN Tau Drive are we sure the drive need to be changed after each Trans-am , I remember something more along the line that the number of Trans-am possible for a Tau drive was limited not that this was a one time use.
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-30, 03:35   Link #4473
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
Then for what reason Setsuna was looking at the charge of the GN Condenser in episode 25, IMHO because the 00 wasn't at full power until the GN Condenser were fully charged.

About the Trans-am and GN Tau Drive are we sure the drive need to be changed after each Trans-am , I remember something more along the line that the number of Trans-am possible for a Tau drive was limited not that this was a one time use.
The reason the Gundams get weak is slightly similar to your laptop analogy.

At normal battle operations,they[Single Drives] produce a particles deficit,which means that their Condensers are draining.Simply put,they using more particles than they are producing[This is on average].So the amount of particle in Condensers drop as they continue to battle,this is why the Gundams need to resupply their Condensers once in a while,especially Virtue,who does this most often.

The Gundams get weak when they try to battle when their Condensers are empty,because their normal levels always use up more particles than they produce,all their GN output is used up for battling[Which isn't enough,hence they get weaker].In addition,while this happen,their Condensers aren't being resupplied because all their output is used up for battling.They need to stop and be inmobile before their Condensers can start being resupplied.

Setsuna was looking at it so it's Condensers so he can determine when he can use Trans-Am.The Twin Drive's output is enough not only supply 00's normal operations,but to resupply it's Condensers as well,only with the Condensers can he use Trans-Am,that's why he's waiting for it.I wrote about it a few posts back.

About Tau Trans-Am,the magazine article specifically mentions that the Drive gets badly damaged,so not only it can't use it again,it can't even battle normally.It usually forces a retreat,like in the case of Bushido

Not using for the full three minute length may allow it to still function though,we are still not very sure on this part at least.
Old 2009-04-30, 07:26   Link #4474
Zantetsuken

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzmaister View Post
Unless I remember incorrectly, the power output isn't squared, the GN particle output is squared. So power output only doubles, so still assuming 1000 kW for one drive, it would go 2000 kW for two drives. Only the particle output is squared.
The power output comes from the GN particle. If the GN particle output is squared, then the power output is squared too.

If the power output isn't squared, why the hell would they make the TDS? For more pretty lights?
Old 2009-04-30, 09:30   Link #4475
LordStrike
Gundam Meister

Quote:

oh ok cool thx for the help
Old 2009-04-30, 09:54   Link #4476
gundam rider

another weird random question.....:

does the O-Gundam have a core block system/core fighter?,

like the same one on the Gundam Plutone?,

yeah...., becuz of its RX-78-2 reference?
Old 2009-04-30, 09:55   Link #4477
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
does the O-Gundam have a core block system/core fighter?,

like the same one on the Gundam Plutone?,

yeah...., becuz of its RX-78-2 reference?
No it doesn't. The Plutone is the first Celestial Being Gundam in AD to have a core fighter system.

Old 2009-04-30, 10:00   Link #4478
gundam rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
No it doesn't. The Plutone is the first Celestial Being Gundam in AD to have a core fighter system.
ok....., maybe that will end all of this "RX-78-2-ray" debate nonsense.....
Old 2009-04-30, 10:01   Link #4479
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
ok....., maybe that will end all of this "RX-78-2-ray" debate nonsense.....
Even without the core block system, the O Gundam is enough RX-78-2 for the comparison

Old 2009-04-30, 10:30   Link #4480
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
I think Reborns Gundam/Cannon are more versaite.
It has special fangs, and four extremely powerfull fin fangs, GN (solid) claws, mobility and even probably a GN field. Perhaps it's Ribbons Gundam a "last boss mashine". It's bound to be powerfull.
I have a slight feeling that we'll see red GN-Zakus at the Movie...Maybe with Graham Aker as it's pilot
(I hope it's not happening...Gundam 00 had enough reference to UC...there's no need for more)
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote