AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 107 rating
Perfect 10 21 14.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 9.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 11.35%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 14.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 5.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.42%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.71%
1 out of 10 : Painful 53 37.59%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-02, 14:07   Link #521
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
I think it is something similar what rafaella did to "call" clare. It is not based on yoki manipulation but on soul link skillz i think. How else could rafaella "call" clare. She was a ghost her yoki was not visible nor detectable. The answer is to me:
When clare made her surface scan rafaella got a glimpse of clare's "soul' and could target it afterwards. Miria was as long as the next chapter proves me not wrong still cloaked i think.
Other explanations?
That pretty much my speculation at the moment too. Time will tell... jeez will this chapter ever come out.
Old 2010-09-02, 14:09   Link #522
Joe_fh

@Shiek: Well the last thing she said before her arm flew was translated, so that could be interpreted as final words. Though as Ryus pointed out she wasn't aware of what was going on so she was unable to really say her last words.

@Ryus: I'm still guessing here (for obvious reasons ) but those Claymore woke up really fast, weren't showing any signs of emotion, pain or anything for that matter and weren't even trying to heal themselves using yoki. That just seems a bit weird to be. I've talked in more detail about it a few pages back, but I think there's a high possibility there weren't really in control of their bodies.
That would also fit the zombie theme j/k of course....enough with zombies.

Oh and Miria's body not being in the last panel - the main reason for that is because it's too small - if you look at it closely enough (like I did yesterday) you'll notice that even the anatomy is wrong in some places. You can't expect everything to be so perfect in an image of that size. It served a purpose to show as a brutal scene of Miria getting butchered.

And I must say I also saw Teresa's death coming. Sure not like that however, there wasn't really a way around it. Someone like her could easily deal with absolutely everything and Clare struggled to fight even normal yoma at times. Everything else about this was already said by others. In short the only thing we didn't know about Teresa is when and how she would die.
I also believe she had quite a clean and fast death. It was so fast she didn't even have time to register the pain from her arms being cut off. Her expression showed confusion and disbelief for the mere second before her head separated form her body.
Miria's on the other hand was very brutal. Not only was it slow and brutal but the MF technique really made everything else pail in comparison. Robbing a person of his will is bad, robbing him of his touch with reality, his senses, his final moments, using his emotions to completely destroy his mind no that's just brutal. Add that to everything else and it's clear why Miria had a really brutal and bloody end.

Oh and that Soul link thing - I speculated on it just a while back but there is no evidence yoki was ever needed to establish it.
Old 2010-09-02, 14:09   Link #523
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

28 Guests....wow, this month is just crazy, even with few members right now :O

Yes, Miria's death right now tops everything, nothing thus far has come close. I can kind of understand why people say it's like getting raped, even if that word is a bit extreme :O.
Old 2010-09-02, 14:18   Link #524
Joe_fh

I was a guest 2 minutes ago so I contribute a bit to that number probably

And if you get MF-ed and considering it's always against your will you could go with it.
The second word of MF is basically means just that - rape. That's a bit much for this forum though - let's just go with MF-ed or MR-ed
Old 2010-09-02, 14:27   Link #525
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

The funny thing about illusions, is that you don't know when they end. For all we (the audience) knows, the illusion isn't over and all of this is in Miria's head. Maybe that's wishful thinking, but you never know really. I'm reminded of shonen stories where the character is so intimidated by the killing aura of his opponent that he feels like he's already been cut before the sword is even swung.

Or maybe I'm just a wishful thinker.
Old 2010-09-02, 14:30   Link #526
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
The funny thing about illusions, is that you don't know when they end. For all we (the audience) knows, the illusion isn't over and all of this is in Miria's head. Maybe that's wishful thinking, but you never know really. I'm reminded of shonen stories where the character is so intimidated by the killing aura of his opponent that he feels like he's already been cut before the sword is even swung.

Or maybe I'm just a wishful thinker.
*blink blink

I'm a little confused Solace....are you talking about like what happened with Claire and Rafaela?

I think I get what you're trying to say; we all hope that their's a trick in the end and Miria isn't really dead
Old 2010-09-02, 14:45   Link #527
Joe_fh

@Solace: Well yes that might be possible, though here we see that Miria is seeing Hilda while, we're seeing a shrimp twin instead. Since we have two scenes happening at the same time at the same place, that means that one of them is the illusion and since Hilda is dead that means Miria is seeing the illusion and we're not

You know maybe Miria is seeing Hilda getting butchered near the end and she has already been incapacitated by that shrimp and is unconscious. More wishful thinking It surely won't happen.

Oh and I really like your sig.
Old 2010-09-02, 15:14   Link #528
haegar
mangaviking

think solace was refering to ichigo and zaraki in bleach maybe XD
sadly prly indeed wishfull thinking
Old 2010-09-02, 15:18   Link #529
sonotme_9FedriqSama
Clamotgun

Isn't chinese scans out yet...usually they come out by now....I wanted to chk the pages with more clearer print...the spoiler are too unclear...
Old 2010-09-02, 15:47   Link #530
Weird D
Just existing...

Come on, we don't know if Miria's really dead. For all we know, she might be taken (somewhat) alive to be experimented on. Okay, that may be worse than death.
Old 2010-09-02, 15:50   Link #531
sonotme_9FedriqSama
Clamotgun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird D View Post
Come on, we don't know if Miria's really dead. For all we know, she might be taken (somewhat) alive to be experimented on. Okay, that may be worse than death.
LOL way to come up with wacky idea......but its a good laugh compared to all the moping and grunting and hating of ppl
Old 2010-09-02, 16:05   Link #532
Key Board
Carbon

Yagi is intending to restart the story with Claris as the main heroine

in the process he is eliminating all of the older generation

I don't think even Clare is safe. In fact, what's the chances of her coming out of this alive?
Very slim I'd say

//
Old 2010-09-02, 16:09   Link #533
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Personally, I found Clare being absorbed by the destroyer as her effective "death."

She gave up her humanity to fight on an even playing field with Priscilla.
Old 2010-09-02, 16:15   Link #534
MalakTawus

Teresa's death wasn't unaspected at all imo.I remember clearly (a LONG time ago,when there were no translations and even finding raws was a mission-impossible) that me and my friends predicted Teresa's death immidiately.I mean,it's true that we didn't know HOW she would have died,but it was quite obvious (at least to us) since the very beginning of the flashback that Teresa was destined to die,so when she really died we weren't surprised at all.....but probably most of you began to follow this manga a lot later,so i guess that reading those chapters one after the other (without time to speculate) was the cause for your "surprise" when Teresa died.

Quote:
Yagi is intending to restart the story with Claris as the main heroine
..........no comment.
Old 2010-09-02, 16:25   Link #535
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Personally, I found Clare being absorbed by the destroyer as her effective "death."

She gave up her humanity to fight on an even playing field with Priscilla.
She changed her mind after she was unable to awaken i think. IMO she did not cry before priscilla because she could not kill priscilla and awaken. She cried because she remembered jean or as i understood it she did not even know why she was crying.
Clare wanted her revenge that's true but she also wanted to stop the destroyer from devouring the whole island.
There were probably even feelings from rafaella involved in her decision. We don't even know how much from rafaella's personality is still influencing clare.
Old 2010-09-02, 16:42   Link #536
MalakTawus

How would you react if while the wariors are killing Miria there is a sudden bust of energy and we see a really angry awakened Miria?
I know it won't happen,but i think it's a pity for Miria to die like that.....i really wanted to see her awakened form.....
Old 2010-09-02, 16:43   Link #537
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Course, odds are Claire will end up defeating/driving away Priscilla, only for her to revert back into a human without the desire to eat human flesh, because she is the main character.
Old 2010-09-02, 16:44   Link #538
Korinov
The Burned Man walks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
Teresa's death wasn't unaspected at all imo.I remember clearly (a LONG time ago,when there were no translations and even finding raws was a mission-impossible) that me and my friends predicted Teresa's death immidiately.I mean,it's true that we didn't know HOW she would have died,but it was quite obvious (at least to us) since the very beginning of the flashback that Teresa was destined to die,so when she really died we weren't surprised at all.....but probably most of you began to follow this manga a lot later,so i guess that reading those chapters one after the other (without time to speculate) was the cause for your "surprise" when Teresa died.
I watched the anime first, and well... I wasn't exactly "surprised" when I saw her beheaded. The shock was provived by the surprise of seeing her killed that way... I had expected the 'Irene team' to end up beating her, maybe using dirty tricks (Sophia and Noel grabbing Teresa's arms, Priscilla letting herself be impaled by Teresa's sword to disarm her, whatever) or taking advantage of Clare ("loooook, if u don't drop ur weapon, i'll spank this giiiiirl "). It was pretty obvious that a situation like that wasn't gonna end up in a happy way, specially since the moment Teresa killed the bandits.
Old 2010-09-02, 16:55   Link #539
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Course, odds are Claire will end up defeating/driving away Priscilla, only for her to revert back into a human without the desire to eat human flesh, because she is the main character.
That's a little too convenient for me
Old 2010-09-02, 16:56   Link #540
MalakTawus

@Korinov:
oh,i see what you mean,but for me the most unaspected death was Isley.I NEVER would have thought that he could die so soon.I was absolutely sure that he'll have a key role in the future battle against the org and i really didn' see it coming,a death so sudden.
Closed Thread

Tags
claymore, manga