AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-06-05, 13:58   Link #821
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Of course I knew that Isayama wouldn't give us answers so easily, but I didn't see that coming...

Spoiler for new chapter:

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 14:40   Link #822
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Of course I knew that Isayama wouldn't give us answers so easily, but I didn't see that coming...

Spoiler for new chapter:
if you look at history even many nazis started becoming crazy after killing a lot of people. Infact the gas showers were born to kill in a clean way, so that the soldiers didn't have to dirty theyr hands and risk becoming mad. I think it was himmler's idea after a mass burning since he started having mental problems.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 16:01   Link #823
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Spoiler for new chap:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 16:06   Link #824
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
@Spoiler

What it left out

Spoiler:

ahahahahahaha oh, Ryner.
Also, he's

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2013-06-05, 16:33   Link #825
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
I wonder, what "creates" the Titan mass? What resource from our body does the Titan mass comes from? I think Hanji said that Titans are very light relative to its size; so perhaps our own molecules were being expanded/transformed but the mass remain the same? A lot of energy is probably used to do the transformation; that must take a huge toll on the body. I'm guessing there must be a limit to Titan transformation before something horrible happens, or we'll probably see Colossal Titans show up more often. Remember how Reiner reacted when Bertolt decided to transform into Colossal? Maybe it has to do with the damage Bertolt will sustain by doing so.
A colossal-sized titan with human mass would float like a balloon. And its kicks against the gate would bounce.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 16:53   Link #826
battle22

Where is this new chap? O.o
Old 2013-06-05, 17:09   Link #827
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
A colossal-sized titan with human mass would float like a balloon. And its kicks against the gate would bounce.
Well I was thinking that new mass was created out of a substance that's already inside a human with limited supply. My theory was that it's blood. Its' not 1 to 1 conversion, but something new grew out of, I dunno, virus-infused blood + sun light?
AVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 17:11   Link #828
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle22 View Post
Where is this new chap? O.o
No translation out yet, we are simply discussing the RAWs.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 17:16   Link #829
battle22

Raws are out huh, I'll google it then. Thank lord that Furigana exists.
Old 2013-06-05, 18:25   Link #830
CJ_Walker

Quote:

Spoiler for new chapter:
I think he gave us some hints back in the first chapter and in the scene that Eren's father gave him that injection, and telling him about using the power, get to the basement etc etc.

There is probably some time travel/alternate world stuff going on.

Hes stated before that the MuvLuv series was an inspiration for this, he also is known drinking buddies with the guy who wrote muv luv. The name of the first chapter:"To you in 2000 years" has a special meaning. IF you look at page 18-21 of that chapter, you'll see a guy who would look like a grown up version of Armin, killing a titan. that scene abrubtly ends with mikasa looking at Eren saying "See you later"

in this panel, look at her clothes. She's not wearing the firewood harness that's shown in the next page, and she's wearing a different shirt(it looks like a buttoned down shirt. . .you can see a button)

next scene a decidedly YOUNGER looking Mikasa if waking Eren up.

When Eren wakes up, he asks "did your hair get longer?" then Mikasa asks if he was crying (there are tears flowing down his face. . .) in this scene, she has the firewood harness on. . .that wasn't there in the first panel of Mikasa a couple pages back when she says "See you later".

Now the scene where Erens father gives him the injection (chap ten pg 35 I think) there is a scene that shows Eren standing. . .he is REALLY short in comparison to before, so I'm thinking that the scene did not happen after the titans attacked, but way before hand, and Eren's father had traveled through time to the past to give him the injection, telling him that "you wouldn't understand if I explained everything to you now."

Now what this means is anyone's guess, but I'm sure there are many more clues in the early chapters that might have been overlooked.
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 18:33   Link #831
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Walker View Post
I think he gave us some hints back in the first chapter and in the scene that Eren's father gave him that injection, and telling him about using the power, get to the basement etc etc.

Hes stated before that the MuvLuv series was an inspiration for this, he also is known drinking buddies with the guy who wrote muv luv. The name of the first chapter:"To you in 2000 years" has a special meaning. IF you look at page 18-21 of that chapter, you'll see a guy who would look like a grown up version of Armin, killing a titan. that scene abrubtly ends with mikasa looking at Eren saying "See you later"

in this panel, look at her clothes. She's not wearing the firewood harness that's shown in the next page, and she's wearing a different shirt(it looks like a buttoned down shirt. . .you can see a button)

When Eren wakes up, he asks "did your hair get longer?" then Mikasa asks if he was crying (there are tears flowing down his face. . .) in this scene, she has the firewood harness on. . .that wasn't there in the first panel of Mikasa a couple pages back when she says "See you later".

Now the scene where Erens father gives him the injection (chap ten pg 35 I think) there is a scene that shows Eren standing. . .he is REALLY short in comparison to before, so I'm thinking that the scene did not happen after the titans attacked, but way before hand, and Eren's father had traveled through time to the past to give him the injection, telling him that "you wouldn't understand if I explained everything to you now."

Now what this means is anyone's guess, but I'm sure there are many more clues in the early chapters that might have been overlooked.
Yikes, Time Travel. This is getting super-complex. If I have to work this into my theory, then I would say perhaps Dr. Jaeger and his family, and maybe Mikasa and her family, came from the future? To help human beings defeat the ape-Titans near the start of the Titan invasion? Then why not go earlier? Is Ymir's group from the future/past as well? Yikes, my brain is overloading.
Old 2013-06-05, 18:50   Link #832
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:

I don't think that guy is Armin because the whole initial sequence of the recon corps shows the same squad leader that we see later returning to Shiganshina.

I do however think that the whole scene from where Eren wakes up to when the writing "845" appears is not in continuity with what we see later.

That part is probably something from either another universe or a future that looped back. In the anime they even inserted scenes that are supposed to happen later.

Eren there is probably crying because he unconsciously remembers everything that had already happened in the previous world or loop.

Though... how does that relate to what I wrote? How is that connected to what's happening to Reiner?

Old 2013-06-05, 18:56   Link #833
CJ_Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
Yikes, Time Travel. This is getting super-complex. If I have to work this into my theory, then I would say perhaps Dr. Jaeger and his family, and maybe Mikasa and her family, came from the future? To help human beings defeat the ape-Titans near the start of the Titan invasion? Then why not go earlier? Is Ymir's group from the future/past as well? Yikes, my brain is overloading.

well Im pretty sure Mikasa didnt travel with him back. . .but I just watch the first 4 minutes of ep 1 again, and realized that the first scene fighting titans was possibly with the scouting legion as hanji was there. . .but then again Rivalle(Levi) was not. . .and he was definately not the guy giving orders. Also the guy who I may think would have been Armin in the future. . .they try to obscure his face a LOT in the scenes with him there.so its hard to get a good look at the guy since only a profile of his face is shown, and from then it looks like the animators worked hard to obscure his face.

Also the scene after where Mikasa says "See you later Eren" is GONE, they didn't put that in at all (probably too much of a hint that Isayama didn't want to put out).

Also take a look at the dream sequence: 3:46 (could it be bertholdt? Or an older version of Eren?) 3:49-3:51 (profile shot of an old mans face looking like he's smoking something, then a shot of a person in some kind of Royall/military clothing with either no head, or just obscured) Ill have to look at it more in depth in a bit. and Ill come back and edit the post.

But the fact that he's having this dream that includes the shot of his mother being taken by the giant before the giants even attack is further evidence.

Quote:
I don't think that guy is Armin because the whole initial sequence of the recon corps shows the same squad leader that we see later returning to Shiganshina.

I do however think that the whole scene from where Eren wakes up to when the writing "845" appears is not in continuity with what we see later.

That part is probably something from either another universe or a future that looped back. In the anime they even inserted scenes that are supposed to happen later.

Eren there is probably crying because he unconsciously remembers everything that had already happened in the previous world or loop.

Though... how does that relate to what I wrote? How is that connected to what's happening to Reiner?
Ahh, you're probably right about that, I forget that the scouting legion is quite large.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure he put the year for a reason.

I forgot, I think its a response to Isayama not spilling the beans. . .he's probably been doing that(spilling the beans that is) but we have skipped over a few parts. . .I don't know if there's enough evidence to truly piece together "the answers" yet.
Old 2013-06-05, 19:11   Link #834
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
I forgot, I think its a response to Isayama not spilling the beans. . .he's probably been doing that(spilling the beans that is) but we have skipped over a few parts. . .I don't know if there's enough evidence to truly piece together "the answers" yet.
Ah in that sense. Well of course Isayama has been leaving many hints, this has become clear when Reiner was revealed to be a titan, looking back that scene where Titan Annie was looking at her hand was really a pretty good hint.

However what everyone is expecting by now is at least a few revelations (not just hints). Especially considering that the situations would make it logical for those to happen.
It would have been logical to expect that Reiner would explain his reasons to Eren, especially considering that he'd prefer Eren to join him willingly.

It would also be logical to expect that Historia will soon tell us what she knows... but this new operation came up so suddenly, so nobody had the time to question her, and she refused to stay behind.
Chances that something will happen to her are pretty high at this point.

Isayama is really teasing us.

Old 2013-06-05, 19:15   Link #835
CJ_Walker

Just saw another Hint in that opening sequence. at 3:51 on the first episode, you see some sort of military uniform right? But you're probably wondering. . .yeah where's his face? Well it looks like his face (and part of his arm as you see it against the fire) was turned to stone and broken off (you can see a bit of the chin and if you look closely you can see that his face is completely torn off and turned into stone.) Still couldn't figure out the old man though, didn't seem like he was killing a titan.
Old 2013-06-06, 00:53   Link #836
richardtengcy

I think something MAJOR is going to happen very soon given the plot that we are heading.....and the basement is the key to human survival if the next wave of Titan attack is on the verge of breakout.
richardtengcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 01:11   Link #837
n120cky

Quote:
But I think one of them target the titan nape . . ., I thought it was discovered after wall breaking . . .

Quote:
Quote:
well Im pretty sure Mikasa didnt travel with him back. . .but I just watch the first 4 minutes of ep 1 again. Also the scene after where Mikasa says "See you later Eren" is GONE, they didn't put that in at all (probably too much of a hint that Isayama didn't want to put out).
Quote:

Yes and also It's Mikasa with short hair which is should be a teenage Mikasa . . ., I feel that Eren crying because he's happy to see Mikasa again, I got this vibe especially from the manga well it's about "did your hair get longer?" question, Eren unconsciously expect he'll see Mikasa with short hair.

But as you can see in the anime "see you later" scene was disposed, and the first word Eren said was "Mikasa, why you are here?", but this still have context that again unconsciously he think shouldn't meet Mikasa when he woke up.

Quote:
But in the anime Eren said that his father acting weird after Eren's mom died . . .
Old 2013-06-06, 01:12   Link #838
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Just saw another Hint in that opening sequence. at 3:51 on the first episode, you see some sort of military uniform right? But you're probably wondering. . .yeah where's his face? Well it looks like his face (and part of his arm as you see it against the fire) was turned to stone and broken off (you can see a bit of the chin and if you look closely you can see that his face is completely torn off and turned into stone.) Still couldn't figure out the old man though, didn't seem like he was killing a titan.
Hmmm... is that an uniform we've ever seen in the manga/anime? From what we can tell even high ranking officers like Pixis wore the same uniform as everyone else. So if there are hints there maybe more than 1.. what time is this? What world is this? Before/During Titan invasion? Is turning people into stones related to some sort of weapon used against human-kind by the ape-Titan race? I've been wondering what is the key to the defeat of mankind and the forfeiture of the colossal titan army; could this be related to it? If you look at how efficiently guys like Levi and Mikasa dispatches mindless Titans. would a large army of people with this kind of skills really lose to these dumb animals?

Could his dream be related to the first time Titan invaded? Or future events yet to happen? I'm not really seeing the time loop/travel thing other than the title of ep1; I'll need more hints/data to digest it.

I think Iseyama is leaving hints all over the place. I mean if you re-read and re-watch the earlier chapters you'll see how often he keep on hinting the unique-ness of Annie/Renier/Bert/Ymir. But you can only see it if you know they are actually Intelligent Titans. This guy plan his story well.. I don't think I'll be disappointed after the big reveal.
Old 2013-06-06, 02:37   Link #839
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
But I think one of them target the titan nape . . ., I thought it was discovered after wall breaking . . .
There are some lines that suggest so, but if that was true it would be hard to explain why the necessary equipment to do the job already exists and why even "wall menders" like Hannes have it, if it's usefulness was never confirmed.

Moreover it would make Hannes attempt to defend Eren's mom completely suicidal. What made him even think that he could kill a titan?

So in the end I'll keep my reserves on that until something more certain is clearly stated.

Regarding the "man in the uniform". I think it's a bit hasty to conclude that that's a petrified man. It could be just a broken Mannequin. Or actually it could be a statue, since the reflections make it look like the uniform is painted and not actual fabric.

Old 2013-06-06, 03:17   Link #840
larethian

After last night's spoilers I chanced upon, I finally caught to the manga. It was quite the marathon.

Oh boy, so many twists. But now, I kinda regretted it now that the anime is spoiled for me.

And here I come, and what are you guys discussing? Lo and behold, time travel!? Oh my, I could have never expected that if it were true. It would however be hard to piece together a coherent story without plot-holes if time travel were involved, so I'm not sure I want that.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote