AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-06-06, 05:49   Link #841
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

"See you again" part... Am I the only one who is under an impression that part would trigger the Mikasa shippers?

If time travel really happened, like 2000 years from now, then what really happened back there? But I can't tell if it's either from another dimension of universe, or travelling back from the short future. Oh man, I'm getting confused.

Spoiler for spoiler speculation:
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 15:55   Link #842
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
There are some lines that suggest so, but if that was true it would be hard to explain why the necessary equipment to do the job already exists and why even "wall menders" like Hannes have it, if it's usefulness was never confirmed.

Moreover it would make Hannes attempt to defend Eren's mom completely suicidal. What made him even think that he could kill a titan?

So in the end I'll keep my reserves on that until something more certain is clearly stated.
I'm almost certain the nap weakspot is discovered PRIOR to the invention of the 3DMG. Why would you want this gear if not for this one sole purpose?

Quote:
Regarding the "man in the uniform". I think it's a bit hasty to conclude that that's a petrified man. It could be just a broken Mannequin. Or actually it could be a statue, since the reflections make it look like the uniform is painted and not actual fabric.
True, could just be a statue.
AVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 19:26   Link #843
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Just read chapter 46. The author's a complete troll/eoten.

Spoiler for chapter 46:
What a troll the author is, baiting us like that.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 21:59   Link #844
richardtengcy

Spoiler for About Titan Transformation:
richardtengcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 22:40   Link #845
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardtengcy View Post
Spoiler for About Titan Transformation:
No, it doesn't
Spoiler for chapter 46:

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2013-06-07 at 00:22.
Old 2013-06-06, 23:54   Link #846
CJ_Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post

But in the anime Eren said that his father acting weird after Eren's mom died . . .
oh right I do remember that, but I'm pretty sure Eren never met his Father after the whole Titan invasion thing happened, he wasn't even there in the first place.

So if he wasn't even there, and they never met after he left before the titans came. . .what is he remembering?

The uniform is not a uniform that pixis was wearing. also if you look closely the guy have hair(which also turned to stone. . .you have to look REAL close to make it out)

pixis is bald.

the uniform looked like something a dictator/king would wear. You guys should watch ep 1 again. They took out the "See you later eren" scene (because it would be waaay too obvious in anime form) and put that dream sequence instead.

But yeah I'm pretty sure the Titan condition, the turning into stone, and the "plague" that Eren's father cured are all related.
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 23:58   Link #847
CJ_Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post

Regarding the "man in the uniform". I think it's a bit hasty to conclude that that's a petrified man. It could be just a broken Mannequin. Or actually it could be a statue, since the reflections make it look like the uniform is painted and not actual fabric.
Ok, but WHO would put a Stone manequin, with its face, and arm blown off/disfigured, in a chair next to a fireplace? In a pose that suggests that he was just chilling out in the chair or whatever. . . That seems like kinda of an odd place to put it. . .
CJ_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 01:19   Link #848
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Though the last thing I remembered was that Eren's dad just left by horse, right after he gave Eren a serum injection.

BTW, how do you come out with this? I'm curious.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 01:37   Link #849
xellos2099

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Walker View Post
oh right I do remember that, but I'm pretty sure Eren never met his Father after the whole Titan invasion thing happened, he wasn't even there in the first place.

So if he wasn't even there, and they never met after he left before the titans came. . .what is he remembering?

The uniform is not a uniform that pixis was wearing. also if you look closely the guy have hair(which also turned to stone. . .you have to look REAL close to make it out)

pixis is bald.

the uniform looked like something a dictator/king would wear. You guys should watch ep 1 again. They took out the "See you later eren" scene (because it would be waaay too obvious in anime form) and put that dream sequence instead.

But yeah I'm pretty sure the Titan condition, the turning into stone, and the "plague" that Eren's father cured are all related.
I have to say it is wrong. After all, the key to the basement is on Eren's father hand prior to the invasion. Sometime later it is on Eren's neck.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 02:21   Link #850
Breimoon

where did you see this "stone manequin"? seems like i didn't look hard enough.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 02:25   Link #851
Ridwan

Okay, that was clever.
Old 2013-06-07, 02:48   Link #852
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
Just read chapter 46. The author's a complete troll/eoten.

Spoiler for chapter 46:
What a troll the author is, baiting us like that.
Your idea of significance is quite abit different to mine, we learned quite a bit this chapter.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 02:54   Link #853
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

I love how this chapter expanded on Ymir personality. She definitely reminds me of Gin Ichimaru & Orochimaru, but her feelings for Christa makes her weak and I am definitely loving that!

Eren being blunt about his emotions and not realizing the bigger picture. I believe Eren could of gotten more info from those guys, if he calm down a bit. The interesting bits about titan power working in human form AND I want to see Ymir/Eren limbs being cut in the anime someday.
Old 2013-06-07, 04:06   Link #854
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Your idea of significance is quite abit different to mine, we learned quite a bit this chapter.
Spoiler for 46:
Old 2013-06-07, 07:50   Link #855
Shadow5YA

Poor Eren.

Kidnapped, then dismembered, and now even Ymir doesn't want to side with him
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 08:09   Link #856
oompa loompa

Worst. Chapter. Ever.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 08:19   Link #857
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Walker View Post
I think he gave us some hints back in the first chapter and in the scene that Eren's father gave him that injection, and telling him about using the power, get to the basement etc etc.

There is probably some time travel/alternate world stuff going on.

Hes stated before that the MuvLuv series was an inspiration for this, he also is known drinking buddies with the guy who wrote muv luv. The name of the first chapter:"To you in 2000 years" has a special meaning. IF you look at page 18-21 of that chapter, you'll see a guy who would look like a grown up version of Armin, killing a titan. that scene abrubtly ends with mikasa looking at Eren saying "See you later"

in this panel, look at her clothes. She's not wearing the firewood harness that's shown in the next page, and she's wearing a different shirt(it looks like a buttoned down shirt. . .you can see a button)

next scene a decidedly YOUNGER looking Mikasa if waking Eren up.

When Eren wakes up, he asks "did your hair get longer?" then Mikasa asks if he was crying (there are tears flowing down his face. . .) in this scene, she has the firewood harness on. . .that wasn't there in the first panel of Mikasa a couple pages back when she says "See you later".

Now the scene where Erens father gives him the injection (chap ten pg 35 I think) there is a scene that shows Eren standing. . .he is REALLY short in comparison to before, so I'm thinking that the scene did not happen after the titans attacked, but way before hand, and Eren's father had traveled through time to the past to give him the injection, telling him that "you wouldn't understand if I explained everything to you now."

Now what this means is anyone's guess, but I'm sure there are many more clues in the early chapters that might have been overlooked.
I'm totally buying this theory, but the question is HOW? It would be interesting to know how they got a time machine. Other than that, the manga totally sounds like a tragedy if that is true. For some reason, I can totally picture Mikasa pushing Eren into a time machine whilst sacrificing herself to the titans/whatever's attacking them right in front of him.
Old 2013-06-07, 08:31   Link #858
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Well this situation is getting more fucked up by the chapter xD
I guess Ymir is siding with Reiner from now on.
And what really annoys me is that we get very little useful information from their conversations, we basically know just as much as Eren and he's as pretty damn confused as we are right now...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 09:02   Link #859
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well after reading this chapter Reiner looks a bit less crazy than I originally thought, but only a bit.

I think we are beginning to see a clearer explanation on the issue of "light" and "night" that kept me wondering for a while. Well it's not like it was truly explained but at least it's clear that there is a reason that gives some titans the power to run at night while some other cannot.

It seems that Reiner and Berthold know who the ape titan is, or rather where he comes from, but it doesn't seem like they are really on the same side.
Perhaps he simply has the mean to go to Berthold's and Reiner's homeland.
Wait, I hope this won't turn to be some kind of alien invasion

The last bit about the future of "this world" seems to imply that a catastrophe is bound to happen and that the humans in the walled country simply have no hope to survive.

I remember that Armin said that the titans inside the wall will soon wake up all at once. That came completely out of the blue, why does Armin think so? However Armin is rarely wrong, if he says they will wake up, it's probably true.

Perhaps Ymir and Reiner already know that and that's why the only way to save Christa is to go along with Reiner's plan.

Though... why is Christa so important to both of them? Is this just love? Ymir thinking that her life and the lives of who knows how many people are less important than Christa? Even if that was the case why would she believe that Christa holds the same importance to Reiner? Especially considering how mentally unstable he has become.

And we still haven't learned why Eren is important. Nobody cared to ask, not even Eren himself.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-07, 09:05   Link #860
Helius

Well Ch 46 was a whole load of bull crap. All the "stuff" they said and yet absolutely nothing was revealed....a total waste of time and effort, for the mangaka and the readers.

Did it even occur to Eren to ask just one simple question - "Who the f*ck are you guys?"
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote