AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2016-02-07, 09:31   Link #3501
Raviel

Damn, after reading the chapter myself I feel like some insane conspiracy theorist with how I zoomed in to the page with "V" and tried to look for some hidden symbols and what not

Lord Ishida, WHAT DOES THIS ALL MEAN!?

Anyway, Eto looks really nice wth short hair, she really takes after Ukina.

P.S. Re-linking this because why not https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GRWbIoIR04c
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 09:38   Link #3502
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

that is not the short hair i expected, i more prefer bit longer short haired i can't put to right word but in reference same hairstyle with Cecily of Sacred blacksmith.
I hope Ishida is not going to kill Tooru off-screen, of all Ken Disciples Tooru has the worst luck behind Shirazu. I totally do not see any hope from her to escape the Maniac clutch.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 10:29   Link #3503
Domonkazu

Kaneki doesn't seem to hate Eto anymore.
Domonkazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 10:34   Link #3504
LG-MAX 2.o

I'm interested in the fact of a butterfly have appeared in several pages in this chapter, it reminded me of the centipede and what it meant after.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 10:35   Link #3505
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingKyogre View Post
You know the dialogue from the panel where Eto annouces that she is a ghoul could also be replaced with "the man beside me is my boyfriend". Cue the shocked expression of Kaneki.
Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
"I'm pregnant, he is the father!"
Kaneki: "WAT?!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
Future prediction
At last... Prophecy has been set in stone!
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 11:26   Link #3506
Raviel

^You guys forgot.....

*dramatic landscape panel of Tokyo*

Touka: This world is wrong......

Old 2016-02-07, 11:47   Link #3507
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Sweet, Rize was mentioned. I wonder why exactly V is so interested in her. Probably the same reason Kanou used her as a subject.

The Eto and Kaneki scenes are confusing. He arrested her last time, so why exactly are they happily strolling around town? He even allowed her to go to a conference, and from the look on his face, her revealing her true nature was not part of his plan. It feels like he's dancing in Eto's palm right now. First, she revealed her identity to Aogiri, and now to the humans. She obviously has something in mind. I bet her new book is actually non-fictional and will reveal everything she knows about Ghouls, the CCG, and V.
Old 2016-02-07, 12:02   Link #3508
Jiminy

Arima is supposed to kill Rize ... Does that mean that he will get in conflict with Re: sooner or later? Rize used to be with them if I recall correctly. I kind of doubt Touka and the others are strong enough to deal with Arima.
Jiminy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 12:51   Link #3509
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Sweet, Rize was mentioned. I wonder why exactly V is so interested in her. Probably the same reason Kanou used her as a subject.

The Eto and Kaneki scenes are confusing. He arrested her last time, so why exactly are they happily strolling around town? He even allowed her to go to a conference, and from the look on his face, her revealing her true nature was not part of his plan. It feels like he's dancing in Eto's palm right now. First, she revealed her identity to Aogiri, and now to the humans. She obviously has something in mind. I bet her new book is actually non-fictional and will reveal everything she knows about Ghouls, the CCG, and V.
maybe she'll just throw shit on the fan, a common thing in our world is that there are always groups that defend something, whether it's the life of a murderer, child rapist, or a tree, but in the world of Tokyo Ghoul not there is something like this, a group that defends life of ghouls, perhaps this revelation she wants to give a new perspective on what are ghouls to society, she is a famous person with thousands of fans, that's why Sasaneki could no longer just arrest her (as he said). out of nowhere, and she is still only a suspicion,

this arc is confused, with development we can see something amazing if Ishida is care, I just think it's sad that so many people treat the bow like crap and yet there is not 10 chapters this.

on Rize, I read a theory where it is said that she could be a descendant of the first one-eye ghoul, this could do she to be special and at the same time would tie Sasaneki the one-eye ghoul original.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 13:16   Link #3510
foxbox360
New Age Badass

That butterfly in the chapter usually symbol bad omen in Japan, oh boy things are going to change.
Old 2016-02-07, 14:24   Link #3511
Fairy Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiminy View Post
Arima is supposed to kill Rize ... Does that mean that he will get in conflict with Re: sooner or later? Rize used to be with them if I recall correctly. I kind of doubt Touka and the others are strong enough to deal with Arima.
If Rize already regained her consciousness, I doubt she would stay at Re:
Knowing Rize, she will either hunt down Kanou or Uta for revenge OR continue her adventure life style

And if she hasn't, I wonder how is she now? Maybe lock up under Re: basement?
Talk about Touka, I still don't understand why she didn't wear her mask when she saved Tsukiyama?

After read the new chapter, does it mean they r hinting that Rize is back to the hunt? So she already regained her consciousness?
And I feel for Mutsuki, he is no longer the mentor u once admired anymore TT~TT

Last edited by Fairy Water; 2016-02-07 at 14:43.
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 22:41   Link #3512
Wandering Soul

So V is after Rize too. Makes sense that if Kanou was interested in her, V would be too.

What is Kaneki up to with Eto? He honestly looks surprised that she revealed that she was a ghoul.
Old 2016-02-07, 22:56   Link #3513
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Think again, as artificial Ghoul Kaneki is truly strong maybe strongest than his brothers(other Kanou experiment) to the point he other referred as the masterpiece.
and this is originally from Rize cell. Maybe Rize has certain special gene after all
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 23:12   Link #3514
Windsgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
So V is after Rize too. Makes sense that if Kanou was interested in her, V would be too.

What is Kaneki up to with Eto? He honestly looks surprised that she revealed that she was a ghoul.
Not within the realm of his expectations of what he thought she was planning to do? Well that is how I saw it anyways. I would imagine it will cause mass panic and confusion. It also might be a signal to Aogiri tree for something as well which will force V's hand on doing something. Besides it seems they are watching both Eto and Kaneki even closer now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox360 View Post
That butterfly in the chapter usually symbol bad omen in Japan, oh boy things are going to change.
Yeah I was like oh crap something is about to go down all chapter and at the end I was like oh come on don't leave me on a cliffhanger. I can't wait to see what happens next chapter. >
Old 2016-02-08, 00:48   Link #3515
Tormenk

Eto's parts in the last two chapters have really been disjointed. Letting her appear in public makes no sense either since they already noted she's in an important social position of influence.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-08, 00:54   Link #3516
Raviel

^I think she was allowed to do that because Kaneki was rather gung-ho with the investigation, he did mention previously that he was doing all this before CCG approved the warrants for Eto and her editor's detainment. On top of that, it seems like Kaneki is doing this more for personal reasons rather than for CCG.

Either way I think Kaneki's looking at a potential termination from CCG after that little stunt from Eto

I wouldn't be surprised if he was demoted or something after this.
Old 2016-02-08, 01:52   Link #3517
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I knew Rize would come up again at some point.
Incoming torture sequence. I hope it is subverted.
Eto is just as planned.
Kaneki is an amazing actor.
No surprise at V's lackeys.
The last stand of Aogiri is nigh.
Hinami will be saved. Too much foreshadowing.
Ditto for RE: remember who is holding Rize?

This is definitely the moment where the dam starts to break. Can't wait.

Heh. Rize of the Faint Smile. Ironic.
Old 2016-02-08, 02:19   Link #3518
steam fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I knew Rize would come up again at some point.
Incoming torture sequence. I hope it is subverted.
Eto is just as planned.
Kaneki is an amazing actor.
No surprise at V's lackeys.
The last stand of Aogiri is nigh.
Hinami will be saved. Too much foreshadowing.
Ditto for RE: remember who is holding Rize?

This is definitely the moment where the dam starts to break. Can't wait.

Heh. Rize of the Faint Smile. Ironic.
Did I miss something about Kaneki doing his acting in this chapter? Was it the last scene when he looked shocked at Eto's annoucement? o-o
steam fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-08, 04:21   Link #3519
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by steam fish View Post
Did I miss something about Kaneki doing his acting in this chapter? Was it the last scene when he looked shocked at Eto's annoucement? o-o
It's my opinion about what he has been doing since he regained his memories. I'm not saying his shocked look is just as planned, but it would seem out of character if he didn't expect that she might pull this kind of stunt.
Old 2016-02-08, 07:10   Link #3520
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
It's my opinion about what he has been doing since he regained his memories. I'm not saying his shocked look is just as planned, but it would seem out of character if he didn't expect that she might pull this kind of stunt.
I don't know, the shock seems pretty justified, what Eto just did is so completely out of left field that Kaneki would have to be psychic to even expect her to pull something like.

Given Kaneki's past experiences I'd say the last thing he was expecting was a ghoul announcing her nature to the whole world.

Tags
action, comedy, drama, gore, modern fantasy, sci-fi, seinen, tragedy