Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2020-12-03, 21:29   Link #3421
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeManiac001 View Post
Has anyone read any news of asterisk war volume 16?

If it's gonna be published this year (doubtful) or next year?
None yet.

The afterword of I think volume 13 or 14 mentioned that the artist (Okiura) had been sick for some time
Old 2020-12-04, 00:10   Link #3422
Roberto1

Who cares about this LN anyway? Fucking power scale went to hell in vol 10, ayato makes no progess with any of the girls and we have vols every year, not even the author care anymore
Old 2020-12-04, 03:15   Link #3423
Shelbrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto1 View Post
Who cares about this LN anyway? Fucking power scale went to hell in vol 10, ayato makes no progess with any of the girls and we have vols every year, not even the author care anymore
Most likely first girl will win pff, best girl Sylvia will be wasted.
Shelbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-04, 08:05   Link #3424
Taekan
JP->EN Translator (Kinda)

Imagine coming here just to trash the series... and without even giving proper arguments.

So far, no news about a new volume coming out.
Despite efforts of Miyazaki-sensei being "more active" on his twitter, he once again disappeared around August after congratulating Ernesta's VA on the birth of her child.
Okiura-sensei has done a few random illustrations, so he's showing signs of being alive at least D:

Volume 14 just came out last month and volume 15 will be released in Jan 2021 (the official translation by Yenpress)

So we pretty much caught uo with the JP release and now we're just waiting for Miyazaki-sensei to come back to writing...
Old 2020-12-04, 20:14   Link #3425
Itsmepatrick

Ayato got defeated by someone who is much weaker than him. Others catch up-to him too fast that it looks like he hasn't made any progress ( That's how I see it in my perspective) . His Dad should teach all of Entirety of Amagiri Shinmei (especially the Hidden Techniques if I'm not mistaken correct me if I'm wrong).
Itsmepatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-07, 16:28   Link #3426
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Haruka is the one responsible for teaching him. His father never taught him anything. And Haruka did teach him before the Lindvolus. About how to control the Ser Versta and also more about the Amagiri Bright Dragon-style.
Old 2020-12-08, 01:03   Link #3427
Itsmepatrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Haruka is the one responsible for teaching him. His father never taught him anything. And Haruka did teach him before the Lindvolus. About how to control the Ser Versta and also more about the Amagiri Bright Dragon-style.
Still my point is his improvement is almost negligible if you compared him to the girls who catch up to him very very quickly which is crazy. There should be more to the Amagiri Bright Dragon-style that his father can teach him that Haruka can't especially the Hidden Techniques . But well see how it goes.
Old 2020-12-12, 13:04   Link #3428
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Haruka already knows the Hidden Techniques. She taught them to him. And he also mastered really hard ones like the full cognition state one.

The thing in this series is that power isn't everything, as there's also such a thing as compatibility with the opponent. Ayato is the strongest at Seidokan, but in terms of swordsmanship and speed Kirin is better than him and part of it is because her school is better.
Old 2021-01-01, 03:59   Link #3429
Shelbrit

Volume 16 will be released on 25th February 2021.
https://mobile.twitter.com/RanobeSug...53561763528705
Shelbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-03, 10:24   Link #3430
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Itsmepatrick: Have you read the spoilers? Julis can't actually beat Ayato without using tricks.
Spoiler for their match -- how she wins:

@Shelbrit: Thanks for posting that.
Old 2021-01-03, 10:55   Link #3431
AnimeManiac001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelbrit View Post
Volume 16 will be released on 25th February 2021.
https://mobile.twitter.com/RanobeSug...53561763528705
Ohhh thank you so much for the news!!!!
I was wondering if we would see volume 16 on 2021! Thank havens 15 is coming out in English, I really want to read the fight between Julis and Ayato.

And yes, the fact that strength is not the only factor that matters to a victory is what I love in Asterisk War! It keeps things interesting for me
AnimeManiac001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-18, 23:58   Link #3432
betz

Quote:
@Itsmepatrick: Have you read the spoilers? Julis can't actually beat Ayato without using tricks.

U are wrong i've just read the light novel and she hasn't done anything like that -.- the moment she confessed he was still trying to stop her and saying that he is sorry nothing more happen in that battle .. u know how Ayato is so dumb he doesn't realize bout feeling yet..
betz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-19, 16:26   Link #3433
Taekan
JP->EN Translator (Kinda)

Quote:
Originally Posted by betz View Post
U are wrong i've just read the light novel and she hasn't done anything like that -.- the moment she confessed he was still trying to stop her and saying that he is sorry nothing more happen in that battle .. u know how Ayato is so dumb he doesn't realize bout feeling yet..
Yeees, because now he's supposed to read people's feelings and know how they feel, especially after being separated for months without knowing what's going on in their minds and the difficulties they may be going through...

This was a battle, not a confession scene. Ayato had misjudged Julis' resolve and partly looked down on her, since why She got angry and said what she said, IN ANGER.

Did you expect him to say "I love you too"? Impossible.
There was little room as to what he could say, if anything, saying something else would have made Julis be disappointed at him.
Old 2021-01-23, 20:35   Link #3434
Itsmepatrick

Quote:

You are wrong I have finished reading the novel Julis grown far too stronger in a short amount of time thats the reason Ayato lost especially that technique of Julis which was OP as Ayato even admitted. Even Claudia and the others got amazed with her OP technique. Julis growth was far too dramatic compared to Ayato whose growth was negligible.

So maybe its time for Ayato to learn some Extreme and Deep level techniques. Or maybe he could also train with Fan Xinglou
Old 2021-01-25, 11:33   Link #3435
DragonOsman
Dragon King

According to the spoilers I read, Julis had to use her confession to throw him off guard to beat him and also admitted that next time he sees her new technique he'll beat it. She also thought this in Volume 15 in the middle of the conversation with Haruka in the hospital Jan Korbel works at (before they sit down at the sofa):
Quote:
Fuyuka was strong—or more precisely, her strength lay in the shikigami that she summoned, Gigoku. That power, which had defeated Noelle Messmer of Saint Gallardworth Academy, was probably on par with Xiaohui Wu’s. And neither Fuyuka nor that creature had yet to show their full hand. Out of the seven contestants left standing, she was undoubtedly the most unpredictable.

But even so, Julis firmly believed that her next opponent would be Ayato.

No matter how strong the challenger, Ayato had overcome them all. At least when it came to the Festa.

And that was why this was so difficult for her.
Julis believes Ayato can overcome anything, at least when it comes to the Festa. So of course she'd use trickery to beat him.

@betz: Ayato just doesn't want to think about romance and love until the situation with Haruka is completely resolved. Don't you remember the time Saya confessed to him?

@Itsmepatrick: Fan Xinglou told Julis that she can't normally beat people like Ayato who've overcome their boundaries. Her new technique is the only way. She didn't get stronger than him.

Edit: More proof that Ayato is stronger than Julis: her own words (during their match):
Quote:
“I guess it can’t be helped. This is what I get for taking a
reckless, straightforward strategy against you. You’re obviously
stronger than I am… I suppose if Xiaohui Wu hadn’t been
savoring the fight, that match would have ended this way, too.”
Julis' real strength lies in her imagination and in the versatility of her abilities. That was also how she beat Xiaohui, who is stronger than both her and Ayato. And, at least in part, that's also how she beat Ayato. She's still weaker than him. But with that move that makes her the strongest person in the world for twelve seconds, she can still beat him. In this series, power isn't everything.

Last edited by DragonOsman; 2021-02-02 at 18:28.
DragonOsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-09, 21:49   Link #3436
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

so was vol 16 delayed once again? it was announced to come out in june but the links to that announcement are dead now
Old 2021-08-22, 20:23   Link #3437
carmolita

Yep...its delayed again, for the 3rd time... Volume 16 now scheduled to be released on March 25, 2022.. I blame the publishing company for this.. that book has been completed, based on the authors epilogue
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-22, 20:36   Link #3438
Silvertail

Why must the release of so many light novels keep getting delayed? Some series haven't released a new volume in over a year lately. For the ones I know, the English version have already caught up.
Silvertail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-23, 07:24   Link #3439
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

It could be due to the artist, Okiura, being sick again.

According to IIRC volume 14 or 15, Okiura had been sick for a while which was why the recent volumes had been so delayed. They had thought about releasing the volumes without illustration but decided to wait for Okiura to be well enough to finish the drawings.
Old 2021-08-28, 00:07   Link #3440
carmolita

Its understandable that they are delaying it for the illustrator. But even the author is starting to give spoilers, I really hope they keep this release date because vol 15 did not end on a cliffhanger (It set up for the Mediath showdown and Haruka has already gone to do her thing) and if people loose interest it will hurt their sales. I'd hate to see that happen to such a good story Also, I don't know why but the yen press translation seems a little weird in places and I hate that it does not use honorifics, the Japanese version seems to be more detailed and to the point.
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate history, fantasy, harem, school life