Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-02-19, 22:17   Link #541
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannclark View Post
Ok, but miu's mother is 100% Russian and she's still viewed as a "beautiful" foreigner so?
*Getting a headache*

Sasha being considered "beautiful" is probably not a big factor in her being a model in Japan. The thing is, clothing advertisements need to keep things cheap, so they just need to have a slightly beautiful woman with a well developed body, so show off the clothes, not the woman. Why the love interest of the Japanese people in general have anything to do with her job is not even a consideration in this.

Seriously, to me it seems people have some fantasy about the modeling world and are mixing that with reality to the point love preferences and strict jobs are merged.

Quote:
Its already been said in both the manga and LN that yuuta is pretty plain in his looks and style. However Yuri is supposed to be a total babe, seems like yuuta got the bad end of the genetic stick lol.
The plainest (in appearance) girls are the most attractive girls.

Also dannclark, mind editing instead of double posting?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 22:23   Link #542
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

I see. Sasha is still in her late 20's. Not quite bad.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 22:24   Link #543
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Spoiler for About that:
Spoiler for Turn-ons:

Quote:
I agree with this. Miki is high on my list, along with Shiori (as plain as pink hair can be) and Sora.
Old 2012-02-19, 22:35   Link #544
dannclark

Quote:
*Getting a headache*

Sasha being considered "beautiful" is probably not a big factor in her being a model in Japan. The thing is, clothing advertisements need to keep things cheap, so they just need to have a slightly beautiful woman with a well developed body, so show off the clothes, not the woman. Why the love interest of the Japanese people in general have anything to do with her job is not even a consideration in this.

Seriously, to me it seems people have some fantasy about the modeling world and are mixing that with reality to the point love preferences and strict jobs are merged.

Also dannclark, mind editing instead of double posting?
Lol dude do you even understand what im saying? i couldnt care less about sasha being a model my question was if japanse in general seem to dislike Caucasians or i guess prefer other japanese over caucasians why is it in manga etc its always the "pretty" caucasian girl thats turning heads. You shouldnt really complain about having a headache because your the one thats going into such detail over something as simple as sasha's mum being a model i simply asked "why is it in manga caucasian's are viewed as like 'striking' but in real life japanese people dont seem to interested" You went off on your own and started talking about the collapse of the soviet union? hahaha dont blame me for you over complicating things.
dannclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 22:36   Link #545
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Lol dude do you even understand what im saying? i couldnt care less about sasha being a model my question was if japanse in general seem to dislike Caucasians or i guess prefer other japanese over caucasians why is it in manga etc its always the "pretty" caucasian girl thats turning heads. You shouldnt really complain about having a headache because your the one thats going into such detail over something as simple as sasha's mum being a model i simply asked "why is it in manga caucasian's are viewed as like 'striking' but in real life japanese people dont seem to interested" You went off on your own and started talking about the collapse of the soviet union? hahaha dont blame me for you over complicating things.
Striking =/= Love interest. It's that simple.
Old 2012-02-19, 22:40   Link #546
Athena
The Power of One

To be honest, I doubt Japanese honestly check the nationality before falling in love. Being a former immigrant, I'd say that it depends on your knowledge of the language first. A foreigner who speaks Japanese pretty well would be more well-accepted than the one who only manages to speak English.

Plus, it also depends on the generation of Japanese, I would say, and their political POV.
Old 2012-02-19, 22:41   Link #547
Miraluka
Banned

Thats true, girls who are used to the playboy type will reach a saturation point soon and then, will get bored and try to find a serious boy who is used to be a man of family.

@dannclar: The guy who get Sasha pregnant proabably was looking to strike with her, the are chances Sasha thought the guy saw her as love interest and she acepted but then when she got pregnant... you know what is next... Is so damn hard to use the god-damned anticons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
A foreigner who speaks Japanese pretty well would be more well-accepted than the one who only manages to speak English.
"Your japanesse dishonours my ears" .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 22:59   Link #548
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

you guys sure love to apply real life stuff to a fiction story.
Old 2012-02-19, 23:01   Link #549
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
you guys sure love to apply real life stuff to a fiction story.
Usually because fiction is an extension of reality
Old 2012-02-19, 23:17   Link #550
Miraluka
Banned

And because many times real obliterates fiction.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 23:40   Link #551
Xaturas

And because this story is kinda real life based, unless I start seeing lunaluna7 shooting magic on street.
Old 2012-02-20, 00:00   Link #552
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

I'm just saying details like it was illegal or legal to have sex with Miu's mom and all that modeling stuff doesn't necessarily needs to apply to real life laws and others in a fiction story. Its not like those things play a huge role in the story.
Old 2012-02-20, 00:13   Link #553
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
I'm just saying details like it was illegal or legal to have sex with Miu's mom and all that modeling stuff doesn't necessarily needs to apply to real life laws and others in a fiction story. Its not like those things play a huge role in the story.
But it does ...
Once a story is made in a Real setting based on some country, based on a timeline we live in, you expect story to be real.
You don't see characters having flying cars, and you don't see any social behaviors different than in current world.
Old 2012-02-20, 01:04   Link #554
larethian

So it becomes a love fest later? That will really be a disappointment for me. Matsu is not cut out for interesting rabukome, imho. I'll just wait for Otaria and Oreshura, and even start golden time if I need more.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 09:35   Link #555
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
So it becomes a love fest later? That will really be a disappointment for me. Matsu is not cut out for interesting rabukome, imho. I'll just wait for Otaria and Oreshura, and even start golden time if I need more.
I kinda wonder about that.... I mean, for example in volume we have that Sora likes Yuuta and Yuuta likes Raika but because of how it's handled it doesn't feel like a love triangle at all .... It's, I don't know? Focused in other things and handled differently? The important thing is "something else", so it doesn't feel like romance is in the air, or something. The same could be said about volume 2, that doesn't feel like a love polygon after adding Daiki (for obvious reasons, meh).

For what I have read over here about what's up to come late in game, I get the feeling that this doesn't feel like an harem even if every girl & bishounen out there are gunning for Yuuta.
Old 2012-02-20, 09:48   Link #556
Ragna666

what was the GIRLS (Sora,Miu,Shiori,Sasha) expression when Sugaya Miki visit on Hina's birthday? in vol 8.
Ragna666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 12:54   Link #557
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
But it does ...
Once a story is made in a Real setting based on some country, based on a timeline we live in, you expect story to be real.
You don't see characters having flying cars, and you don't see any social behaviors different than in current world.
Maybe its just me then because I could care less about minor details like the things I listed.

Oh yea Miu's version chapter 2 is out.
Old 2012-02-20, 14:16   Link #558
Johnny
Working the bags...

It looks like Miu's version was done by Roman from Sket Dance...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 14:46   Link #559
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Later? There were hints of romance in the very first volume. There's a reason why Sora refuses to call Yuuto "papa".
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 17:22   Link #560
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Which novel don't have a few girls revolving around the protagonist?

Tags
drama, harem, romance, sd bunko, shounen