AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-01-27, 16:20   Link #7421
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
This will also be when Jelly becomes a member of FT when Mavis will save his butt by putting the FT guild crest on him so he can pass as Mystogen.
don't forget that jelly has a VERY serious criminal record
Old 2012-01-27, 17:16   Link #7422
HiddenMessage
Tofu Driver

What a imba new team. It's going to be epic fights.
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 18:50   Link #7423
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
I wish that was a Edolas Jellal, since we never saw him showing off his full power, it would have been epic if he came back for this arc. That outfit that made Edolas Jellal so awesome is thrown into a water with with setup. But nevertheless, that is some seriously awesome team. Mirajane, Gajeel, Jellal, Laxus and Juvia? I'm honestly rooting for them now. ^^

As for Fairy Tail Team 8, even though I love Erza and Gray, I think it's time they loose a bit.
Old 2012-01-27, 18:52   Link #7424
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
don't forget that jelly has a VERY serious criminal record
But he is Mystogen now and Mystogen is a wierdo but not a criminal
Old 2012-01-27, 19:29   Link #7425
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Jubvia was one of the S-class candidate

Gajeel was trusted enough to be sent to Raven Tail as a double agent.
I obviously meant that they weren't trusted enough to get S-class when they joined...

And even after, Gajeel still wasn't trusted enough by Erza to get into the S-class exam as a candidate, despite his double agent work.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 19:41   Link #7426
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I obviously meant that they weren't trusted enough to get S-class when they joined...
the S-class rankings are about power and ability not trust. if it was about trust both Natsu and Grey would be S-class already.

Quote:
And even after, Gajeel still wasn't trusted enough by Erza to get into the S-class exam as a candidate, despite his double agent work.
Again i don't think it is a trust issue. There is absolutely no reason to trust Jubvia over Gajeel if the issue is trust.
Old 2012-01-27, 20:26   Link #7427
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
the S-class rankings are about power and ability not trust. if it was about trust both Natsu and Grey would be S-class already.
S-class is an important position, it gets you access to the most dangerous and most valuable missions in the guild. Regardless of how strong you are, it doesn't instantly give you the position of S-class. It's not all about how strong you are (though neither Juvia nor Gajeel were at FT's S-class level) and it's not all about trust either (Gray and Natsu are trusted by the master but not strong enough to be S-class). You need both power and trust...or else Erza not allowing Gajeel to get into the exam would have been ignored.

Quote:
Again i don't think it is a trust issue. There is absolutely no reason to trust Jubvia over Gajeel if the issue is trust.
How am I supposed to know what Erza considers trust worthy or not?
but then again Juvia didn't kidnap and nail the guild members to a tree and then demolish the guild...
Juvia didn't actually hurt anyone (Gray is an exception). She also helped Erza in her most personal dilemma (Tower of Heaven arc) and sacrificed herself without a second thought when pitted against Cana.

But again, it was Erza that said no because she couldn't trust Gajeel...so it was her personal opinion but enough for the master to not make Gajeel a candidate.
Old 2012-01-27, 20:47   Link #7428
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Heh, agree with Mashima trolling us again. He seems to love doing that, and... I can't get upset at him. Not sure why...

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about power differences. Even though there are battles, there are other contests, too, in which power may not be everything. I have a feeling, though, that Team B will get smacked down by Sabertooth, perhaps even disqualified if Jellal is revealed. Seriously, a mask that could possibly easily come off in the heat of combat(such as what happened with the real Mystogan in the Thunder Palace arc)? How was this a good idea, again?

And if we presume that Team A will win, then this is just the sort of "stacking the deck against them" that the arc could use. It all depends on if Mashima has determined that Fairy Tail will win and the whole Sabertooth Guild thing will be resolved this arc, or if it will be continued. Say, Sabertooth wins (even though FT beats the real antagonists), meaning Rogue and Sting remain antagonists into future arcs.

At the very least, I am betting Raven Tail goes down, with Gajeel pulling a surprise on a them.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 21:03   Link #7429
sergel02

So why was this chapter named Lucy & Natsu?
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 21:06   Link #7430
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
So why was this chapter named Lucy & Natsu?
It's not. That's a typical placeholder for whatever site you read the chapter from

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 21:16   Link #7431
Slayerx

Quote:
But he is Mystogen now and Mystogen is a wierdo but not a criminal
My original point was that Mystogun could get found out, his true identity reveled, resulting in team B being disqualified seeing as Jerral is neither a member of fairy tail and is also a known criminal and thus would not be allowed to be part of any legal guild.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Heh, agree with Mashima trolling us again. He seems to love doing that, and... I can't get upset at him. Not sure why...
Its probably because he's having fun with it. The trolling lately has either resulted in something funny (whoops you just lost all your training time! u mad?) or something awesome (laxus, mirajane, gajeel, and juvia getting in the action). Like i said in my previous post that there were some things that irked me about this twist, but its Hard to be mad at trolling when it makes me laugh or excited.

However, when you troll during a more serious time, it can come off as kind of dick move. I'm not laughing, i'm not excited; i'm just too distracted by everything that's wrong with the "twist"... That's how i felt when Lisanna turned up alive; I really liked the effect she had on other characters in their backstory, but I had no desire to see her come back, so the only thing I could focus on was everything wrong with her sudden revival.
Old 2012-01-27, 21:36   Link #7432
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Doubt Jelly will be publicly found out because that would associate FT with a big time criminal and possibly brand them as a dark guild or something similar due to their connection.
Old 2012-01-27, 21:42   Link #7433
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Jellal's going to get his mask ripped off, or at least almost ripped off. I wonder if Mavis will step in then...

Ah Mavis, your loli goodness is infectious.
Old 2012-01-27, 21:53   Link #7434
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Well as suspected it was a FT B team, not exactly surprising there expect for Mystogan, did not expect that!

It's a pity tho that Mira-chan has still got that hair style, was hoping for her to change it since Juvia has.

As for the tourney, it's sad that there will be battle segments for each day, really wish Mashima could go with something really creative and different instead of throwing in some more battles, just to tide people over.

And well gotta say totally loving Mavis here
I really do hope she sticks around.
Old 2012-01-27, 22:44   Link #7435
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Spoiler for 268:
Old 2012-01-27, 23:13   Link #7436
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Yes and No, only Juvia and the other 3 were S-class while Gajeel was just highly regarded like Natsu is for example.
You sure about that? I always had the impression Gazille ranked above the Element 4. He was introduced as the strongest member of their guild, and Jose called him that too when he recaptured Lucy.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 23:18   Link #7437
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Should also be said that, especially after this time skip, it appears as if mages are getting stronger and stronger in general. And S class isn't necessarily power-based (though that seems to be a common theme). So even if Gajeel and Juvia were S-class then, it might not amount to being an S-class now. Also, that ranking could be guild-specific, or it could be something the council stripped from them when Phantom was disbanded.

However, these are only guesses. I wonder if Mashima even really put much thought into the details surrounding S-class.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 23:38   Link #7438
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

if Jellal/Gerard become FT member, we will have another awkward lovely moment between him and Erza.... I approve that!!! lol

of course it will be better if Meredy come too
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-28, 00:52   Link #7439
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
if Jellal/Gerard become FT member, we will have another awkward lovely moment between him and Erza.... I approve that!!! lol

of course it will be better if Meredy come too
there will also be the grey/jubvia/ultear triangle as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy who neg rep me
it's not Jellal
so do you prefer

jelly
jello
gelatin
jerry
gel
Old 2012-01-28, 01:24   Link #7440
immblueversion

If his name weren't Jellal, then it wouldn't be the official translation of his name, which it is.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen