Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-13, 15:08   Link #61
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbl View Post
I'm not so surprised about Kenpachi, Ichigo was able to fight with him equally before he reached Bankai.
If that's true, what does that say about Tousen and Komamura? He pwned both of them... AT THE SAME TIME.
Old 2008-01-13, 19:26   Link #62
Yosei
Death by writing

Unohana is monstrous. Gin is also surpsingly good, and I think Toshiro's a bit over-ranked.

I am disappointed with Ukitake. Even counted as an all-rounder, I would've thought he was at least equal to Kyoraku.

I'm surprised Aizen isn't maxed out. And I'm GLAD Yamamoto isn't maxed out.
Old 2008-01-13, 22:41   Link #63
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbl View Post
I'm not so surprised about Kenpachi, Ichigo was able to fight with him equally before he reached Bankai.
Ichigo would have died without his hollow mask that appeared under his kimono and damped Zarakis impact(scene after the fight with Yoruichi), while Zaraki just passed out.. so after all Zaraki was stronger at that moment, even when it resulted in a draw
Old 2008-01-14, 08:59   Link #64
tbl
Affably Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
Ichigo would have died without his hollow mask that appeared under his kimono and damped Zarakis impact(scene after the fight with Yoruichi), while Zaraki just passed out.. so after all Zaraki was stronger at that moment, even when it resulted in a draw
Maybe, but it wouldn't be by much. Also, Ichigo sustained really heavy damage during the first half of the fight before he was able to fight Kenpachi equally.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Old 2008-01-14, 10:03   Link #65
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Unohana is scary! I'd love to see her fighting in HM arc. I am sure she will actually.
Old 2008-01-14, 12:05   Link #66
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I still find it hilarious that while the members of squad 11 (combat squad) look down on squad 4 (healer squad), they are deathly afraid of Captaic Unohana.
Old 2008-01-16, 00:34   Link #67
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post

actually kenpachi won that match, even if they labeled it as a draw.

the mask aside, the fact that ichigo collasped and passed out first and kenpachi was still moving and could have just stabbed ichogo in the heart sort of seals that fact.
Old 2008-01-16, 17:40   Link #68
Pyrokinetic
Dai-Enkei

Its the same scenario with ichigo vs byakuya, i would say byakuya won since he was the last person standing and he was still able to do shunpo. well any of them could have won considering how many openings they had, they both weren't fighting their best and lot of chances they had they could killed each other but i still think byakuya closed the curtain. =]
Old 2008-01-17, 04:25   Link #69
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrokinetic View Post
Its the same scenario with ichigo vs byakuya, i would say byakuya won since he was the last person standing and he was still able to do shunpo. well any of them could have won considering how many openings they had, they both weren't fighting their best and lot of chances they had they could killed each other but i still think byakuya closed the curtain. =]
I thought Ichigo was at his limit in that fight. He went all out IMO.
Old 2008-01-17, 07:17   Link #70
Pyrokinetic
Dai-Enkei

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceSmasher View Post
I thought Ichigo was at his limit in that fight. He went all out IMO.
Ichigo could have won when he had that sword on byakuya's neck at the start and he could have also won if he let the hollow have fun for a little longer :P however byakuya could have won if he used all the blades at once for one immensely powerful strike at the second stage of his bankai (senkei). he could have also won if he aimed his kido spell (white lightning) or something when he pierced ichigo's foot at his heart or anywhere else vital. well i'm sure there more chances like that but to me ichigo is a loser, even ikkaku could have beat him when they fought in soul society because he knew bankai at that time (i reckon).
Old 2008-01-17, 08:12   Link #71
Ziv

Ok people I think you're misunderstanding these ratings. All they do is compare each characters' strengths relative to their weaknesses. i.e. it shows that Zaraki is great at melee combat, but terrible at Kidou. It DOESN'T say that Zaraki is just as good at melee combat as Komamura. Each rating is relative to the person in question.

That said, here's a translation of the diagram for those who are confused:

Last edited by Ziv; 2008-01-18 at 01:39.
Old 2008-01-17, 10:41   Link #72
chadrew
Fullmetal Ballchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziv View Post
Ok people I think you're misunderstanding these ratings. All they do is compare each characters' strengths relative to their weaknesses. i.e. it shows that Zaraki is great at melee combat, but terrible at Kidou. It DOESN'T say that Zaraki is just as good at melee combat as Yamamoto. Each rating is relative to the person in question.
It would make sense if it's relative. Otherwise I call Hitsugaya overrated Did he ever use demon magic...
Old 2008-01-18, 01:40   Link #73
Ziv

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadrew View Post
It would make sense if it's relative. Otherwise I call Hitsugaya overrated Did he ever use demon magic...
I'm pretty sure the thing at the bottom is Reitsu control, not necessarily just Kidou. He probably uses it for his Shikai and Bankai.
Old 2008-02-16, 23:55   Link #74
-Shana-

Regardless if this is real or not, it'd be incorrect to assume that this means higher number>lower number.
Old 2008-02-17, 01:26   Link #75
kagato3

Oh I found a web page that did translation summuries of the text on the pages here: http://kay-willow.livejournal.com/tag/bleach

note these are NOT scanlations
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2008-02-20, 15:58   Link #76
Kyttie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
If that's true, what does that say about Tousen and Komamura? He pwned both of them... AT THE SAME TIME.
this is something I don't get...

Kenpachi owned those 2, yet it's pretty obvious at this point, that Tousen would own Gimjaw...

and Grimjaw was kickin the crap out of ichigo+Bankai

whereas Ichigo+BanKai should OWN Kenpachi if we use their last fight as a reference...

I mean I know GrimJaw couldn't fight back because of Aizen and all, but the way he did it, GrimJaw looked helpless against it, and Tousen cut his arm off with such ease...

so if Tousen is stronger then GrimJaw, and GrimJaw is stronger then Ichigo+Bankai, and Ichigo+BanKai is stronger then Kenpachi... how the hell did Kenpachi have a chance in hell against Tousen?

Just curious :\
Old 2008-02-20, 17:34   Link #77
mugenTaichou
Sanity, you say?

Can someone explain me, how kenpachi has 0 reiatsu, when he has to wear freakin' eyepatch to
pressure it... I think someone mistakenly put reiatsu beside kidou <<

Old 2008-02-20, 17:42   Link #78
EXEs
Hallelujah...

I think it means their ability to use kidou, not the amount they have. Explains it quite well.
Old 2008-02-21, 06:06   Link #79
kagato3

It's reiatsu control, kidou being only a part of that.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2008-02-21, 06:44   Link #80
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

in the sum totals i can not belive that Byakuya is stronger than Ukitake.

that baffels me. apart from the illness hindering Ukitake he is a senoir captain and he should be more powerful than Byakuya