Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-12-18, 17:24   Link #701
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Let me just say that this sig is completed simply by the light. The light rays seems to be in the right place and the clouds in the bg fit in with that. The render also, somehow, fits in, even if the color contrast a bit much. However, the contrast does help against the slightly red bg. Good thing you skipped the text too as it would ruin the calmness I feel.
All in all, a great sig as usual.
A calm, yet light feeling was what I was going for. I tried to get all those lights to fit the lighting on the render, seems like I got it, somewhat. And there was absolutely no way I was going to put any text on it. Luckily, my friend thought the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv23 View Post
I bring it up because it's OH SO cute regardless of age. Simplicity can also look MUCH better than a cluttered signature. And that new signature is... Basically everything AtomicoX said. Except I like contrast so that signature is my idea of perfection. You really picked good spots for the lighting.
I do agree with you there. Sometimes people go overboard with effects, that they ruin (what could have been) a really good signature. (Me being one of them)

On a lighter note~
SCHOOL IS OUT for me. I finished my finals and now I have 3 weeks of winter vacation. I hope to accomplish a lot during that time.

Speaking of finals; I got so confused on this essay I was supposed to do that I doodled on the bottom of my prep-paper. It's supposed to be me...kinda.
Spoiler for saving space~:

And, on another lighter note~
I bought a DS with my paycheck from work with Pokemon Diamond. Go ahead and laugh if you want
But I love the new games, and it inspired me to make a Pokemon sig.

Oh, hope you guys like my new avatar. I wanted to make it transparent, but when I do this happens to her tail.

I just left it alone, cuz I got too annoyed trying to fix it. xD
Old 2008-12-18, 17:52   Link #702
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Hey, I have Pearl I beat the game but didn't do everything possible in it... but I haven't played in a really long time. We can exchange friend codes, and if you want any of the Pearl pokemon I can send them your way. Might get me back into the game, but I'm not so sure.
Old 2008-12-19, 18:54   Link #703
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
Hey, I have Pearl I beat the game but didn't do everything possible in it... but I haven't played in a really long time. We can exchange friend codes, and if you want any of the Pearl pokemon I can send them your way. Might get me back into the game, but I'm not so sure.
Ooh, if I ever find out my code I'll be sure to trade it with you. Geez, this sounds so fun.

I got a little bored today so I scanned a couple of images from my Okami Artbook. Now I know there's acutally quite a few scans already on the net, but I haven't seen the translated "manga-type" pages scanned yet. Enjoy guys~

They're in order but remember to read the pages from right to left. ^^

Careful though, they're a bit big.

Also a really nice scan from one of the most difficult places.

I wont tell what happens here 'cuz it's a spoiler.

I'll see if I can scan the rest of the manga pages later. I got so nervous bending my artbook to scan it.
Old 2008-12-19, 19:04   Link #704
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Awesome Okami scans Haku-chan, had a fun time looking over them >.< That insolent ammy, when is she going to learn manners!?

Nice scan at the end as well, I had a hard time at the part too (but that's just because I'm not too good w/ video games... at all... )

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 20:19   Link #705
Marskatta
Kurosaki... I am...
*Graphic Designer

Hello Haku!
Requesting a sig whit this pic from Eyeshield 21!

Spoiler for Eyeshield 21:

And whit the text: God of the Sea versus Devils of the sky, whit the name JD under it.
Old 2008-12-20, 03:32   Link #706
Utsukushii Hono'o
Banned

Location: Currently stalking, Evil Rick, Larthak, Malin, Kholdstare, lv23, as always Endrance.anafewothrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuryu View Post

Hello everyone.
Um, I suppose I should do a little intro about myself?

Lemme see. I've been doing sigs for a short time with Photoshop CS2. And I've done animated gifs for months on this forum. I'm fairly amateurish with the way sigs go. I know I have a lot to learn and I hope to get a lot of comment and feedback here. ^^

So here are my attempts.

Spoiler for Older Sigs:

Spoiler for Newer Sigs:

Spoiler for Presents~:

Spoiler for For spoilers of avatars:

Spoiler for Contest Entries:

Spoiler for Vectors:
Quote:
Shake it Kotomi-chan!
Thank you. I'm still learning when it comes to sigs, but I'll try to get some more practice. ^^

Thank you very much Shana. I appreciate it a lot. I'll be sure do more sigs in the future.

Don't worry, Colette will be around soon enough. xD

As requested...here are the Clannad avatars I've done as well as Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. ^^

Spoiler for Clannad Avatars:
Spoiler for SZS Avatars:
Quote:
Thanks you two. ^^
Oh, and Marina, I'm always happy to meet another Okami fan. x3

Here's a sig that I made for use on another forum I go on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimaWolf View Post
Wow I love it! Looks really good Haku-chan! If only you could use it here.
Quote:
Thank you Chaos. ^^
Hehe, yup that's me.
Thank you Cyz.

Thanks. ^^
Oh, that girl is Colette Brunel from the game/anime Tales of Symphonia.

Oh, thank you Marina. I got a lot of wonderful fonts from that site now. =3

New sig for my use here.

And something I did out of boredom. x3
UUUWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Omgfg! your sigs rule. You know I could move into this thread. Already found a spot to lay my bed roll.
Utsukushii Hono'o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 16:38   Link #707
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
Awesome Okami scans Haku-chan, had a fun time looking over them >.< That insolent ammy, when is she going to learn manners!?

Nice scan at the end as well, I had a hard time at the part too (but that's just because I'm not too good w/ video games... at all... )
I know. xD
Silly Ammy, yawning at the Spider Queen won't end well.

I thought the scene was beautiful myself.
Spoiler for Okami spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean DeCusac View Post
Hello Haku!
Requesting a sig whit this pic from Eyeshield 21!

Spoiler for Eyeshield 21:

And whit the text: God of the Sea versus Devils of the sky, whit the name JD under it.
Um, I don't really take requests. But if you don't mind the wait, I'll see what I can do. ^^;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsukushii Hono'o View Post
UUUWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Omgfg! your sigs rule. You know I could move into this thread. Already found a spot to lay my bed roll.
Lulz, you quoted all of my OLD stuff. My "style" has changed quite a bit. I'll be sure to update my first post soon.

Okay, I made this for a SotW on another forum where the theme is Movies.

I'm really into these sky type sigs right now. x3 And this is my absolute favorite film next to Memoirs of a Geisha.
Old 2008-12-20, 17:14   Link #708
Marskatta
Kurosaki... I am...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I know. xD
Silly Ammy, yawning at the Spider Queen won't end well.

Um, I don't really take requests. But if you don't mind the wait, I'll see what I can do. ^^;

Lulz, you quoted all of my OLD stuff. My "style" has changed quite a bit. I'll be sure to update my first post soon.

Okay, I made this for a SotW on another forum where the theme is Movies.

I'm really into these sky type sigs right now. x3 And this is my absolute favorite film next to Memoirs of a Geisha.
Thanks Haku <3
Old 2008-12-21, 17:01   Link #709
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Ooh, if I ever find out my code I'll be sure to trade it with you. Geez, this sounds so fun.
It's insanely addictive. The trouble for "old" people like me is that we don't have many friends who are into Pokemon (or if they are, they aren't open about it). As a result I initially thought I wouldn't have anyone to trade with. But through the wireless system you can trade through the internet, and it's in a pretty neat manner, to! People will put up a Pokemon and then say what they want in exchange. You can browse the listings or put up your own. I can remember I'd put up a Pokemon and then excitedly check every few hours to see if someone had traded. Sometimes I'd just put one up randomly to see what I'd get. Loads of fun! Eventually the novelty wore off, but it's still a really neat concept.

Quote:
Spoiler:

All this talk of Okami makes me want to play it again. I should see if I can get my PS2 emulator working, that way I can play it even without dragging my PS2 to my apartment (doesn't help that I don't have a TV, either).
Old 2008-12-21, 18:29   Link #710
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Speaking of finals; I got so confused on this essay I was supposed to do that I doodled on the bottom of my prep-paper. It's supposed to be me...kinda.
Spoiler for saving space~:
That's a seriously nice drawing Haku!
Old 2008-12-22, 14:10   Link #711
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
It's insanely addictive. The trouble for "old" people like me is that we don't have many friends who are into Pokemon (or if they are, they aren't open about it). As a result I initially thought I wouldn't have anyone to trade with. But through the wireless system you can trade through the internet, and it's in a pretty neat manner, to! People will put up a Pokemon and then say what they want in exchange. You can browse the listings or put up your own. I can remember I'd put up a Pokemon and then excitedly check every few hours to see if someone had traded. Sometimes I'd just put one up randomly to see what I'd get. Loads of fun! Eventually the novelty wore off, but it's still a really neat concept.
Well, hey, I'm a teenager and I don't know anyone who still enjoys the games. The Nintendo DS shows me how much our technology has advanced. From your description of the trading it's amazing that all this can be done wirelessly. But I don't know where to get a signal to trade or where to get a friend code for that matter. Care to help me out a little, Ledgem? ^^;

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for okami:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
That's a seriously nice drawing Haku!
Thanks for the compliment, but I'm just glad you noticed it. xD

I wasn't really planning on giving out christmas presents but I wanted to do two for my favorite Okami fans.

Spoiler for Ledgem:

Spoiler for Marina:
Old 2008-12-22, 18:30   Link #712
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

WAH! The xmas sigs you made are so cute! I love the text that you put along on mine too, how befitting >.< Ledgem's looks really good too, I can see how much you've really improved with the style you chose to use.
I'm still going crazy on my xmas sigs, my list is way too long... I don't know if I'll be able to finish them on time Wish me luck!

(VERY cute ammy avi btw)

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 05:59   Link #713
SweetHoney
~Nanchatte Renai
*Scanlator

Haku!!

Pwesent
Old 2008-12-23, 23:55   Link #714
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Well, hey, I'm a teenager and I don't know anyone who still enjoys the games. The Nintendo DS shows me how much our technology has advanced. From your description of the trading it's amazing that all this can be done wirelessly. But I don't know where to get a signal to trade or where to get a friend code for that matter. Care to help me out a little, Ledgem? ^^;
Sure thing. The friend code is generated the first time you connect with the DS online. I forgot the name of the in-game city where you'd go to do this, but it's the biggest one and I believe it's the second city you encounter (or maybe the first).

Internet on the DS works through wireless and is relatively simple, and yet Nintendo has also made it relatively bothersome. There are two general methods of connecting. First, if you/your family has a wireless router, then you can use that. If you don't, then Nintendo also sells little USB dongles that you plug into your computer, and that creates a small wireless network that your DS can then use to connect to the internet. I believe those cost around $20. Sounds relatively easy, right?

The reason I say it's bothersome is because the DS requires either an unlocked (unsecured) wireless network, or one protected by a WEP key. WEP is an incredibly outdated and insecure protection for wireless networks; everyone should be using WPA instead (and nobody should be leaving their network unsecured!). Yet the DS can't use WPA. Why, Nintendo, why?! There are two potential solutions to that issue. First, if you're living in an apartment like me and/or you happen to have neighbors with obnoxiously strong wireless routers that are not secured, use them. Another option is that, if your computer (whether it be a desktop or a laptop) has a wireless card inside of it, then it can potentially act as a wireless router. The idea there is that you'd plug the computer into your modem/router (connect to the internet via ethernet cable), and then turn on the wireless router to act in router mode. The method to do that varies from computer to computer and may not be possible in all cases - it's probably one of the more complex solutions, but it's a possibility. As for me, I'll admit that I've piggybacked on unsecured wireless networks before. (Of course, buying one of Nintendo's USB dongles basically does the same thing as that complicated last solution, and is probably much easier.)

Setting up the DS to connect to the wireless network is relatively straight-forward. The wireless setup screens can only be accessed from games that support wireless features. If you get stuck on that step I can create a brief walk-through on how to go about it. I don't currently have Pokemon Pearl at my apartment, but I can retrieve it this weekend and then I can also tell you which city to go to and where in the city to go to get it all set up.

Quote:
Spoiler for okami:
Spoiler for More Okami:

It's too bad your PS2 was stolen. I hope you get a replacement soon!

Quote:
I wasn't really planning on giving out christmas presents but I wanted to do two for my favorite Okami fans.

Spoiler for Ledgem:
I was pretty excited when I read your comment on my profile, and I was not disappointed when I hit the "spoiler" button to see what it was. It's so elegant, and it really means a lot to me to know that you put in the effort to make it on my behalf. Once the Christmas season is over I'll be switching over to this signature and, unless I'm given other signatures as gifts, will probably stick with this signature for years.

Back when I was in middle school and high school I used to create new signatures for myself monthly. I had so much time and energy that I could have probably made a new signature weekly, but back then I was limited by image sources (and to a lesser degree by inspiration). As a university student my time dwindled and I cut back to creating new signature/avatar sets for myself roughly once per season, but eventually I had to give even that up. I don't know when the last time I made a new signature was. That's a lot of babbling, but what I'm trying to say is, if you're in a similar situation to how I was back in high school (lots of free time and such) then maybe it seems silly that I'd be so thankful over a mere signature image. I've reached a point where if I'm not busy then I'm feeling guilty because there's always still work I could be doing, so... for you to take the time to hunt down an image of Fuze, and to piece it all together into such a spiffy signature, it really means quite a bit to me. Thank you so much, and happy holidays!
Old 2008-12-24, 00:21   Link #715
Sesshomaru22
Fanfic Writer
*Artist

I LOVE your work, Haku! I hope to see more!
Sesshomaru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 12:01   Link #716
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
WAH! The xmas sigs you made are so cute! I love the text that you put along on mine too, how befitting >.< Ledgem's looks really good too, I can see how much you've really improved with the style you chose to use.
I'm still going crazy on my xmas sigs, my list is way too long... I don't know if I'll be able to finish them on time Wish me luck!

(VERY cute ammy avi btw)
Super glad you liked it Marina-chan.
I tried so hard on those sigs for you two since you both support me and share my love for Okami. ♥

(Riker-sama made me my avatar, I just adore it!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHoney View Post
Haku!!

Pwesent
There's some epic-ness going on in that sig. x3 Thank you so much Sweet-chan!
Quote:
Sure thing. The friend code is generated the first time you connect with the DS online. I forgot the name of the in-game city where you'd go to do this, but it's the biggest one and I believe it's the second city you encounter (or maybe the first).

Internet on the DS works through wireless and is relatively simple, and yet Nintendo has also made it relatively bothersome. There are two general methods of connecting. First, if you/your family has a wireless router, then you can use that. If you don't, then Nintendo also sells little USB dongles that you plug into your computer, and that creates a small wireless network that your DS can then use to connect to the internet. I believe those cost around $20. Sounds relatively easy, right?

The reason I say it's bothersome is because the DS requires either an unlocked (unsecured) wireless network, or one protected by a WEP key. WEP is an incredibly outdated and insecure protection for wireless networks; everyone should be using WPA instead (and nobody should be leaving their network unsecured!). Yet the DS can't use WPA. Why, Nintendo, why?! There are two potential solutions to that issue. First, if you're living in an apartment like me and/or you happen to have neighbors with obnoxiously strong wireless routers that are not secured, use them. Another option is that, if your computer (whether it be a desktop or a laptop) has a wireless card inside of it, then it can potentially act as a wireless router. The idea there is that you'd plug the computer into your modem/router (connect to the internet via ethernet cable), and then turn on the wireless router to act in router mode. The method to do that varies from computer to computer and may not be possible in all cases - it's probably one of the more complex solutions, but it's a possibility. As for me, I'll admit that I've piggybacked on unsecured wireless networks before. (Of course, buying one of Nintendo's USB dongles basically does the same thing as that complicated last solution, and is probably much easier.)

Setting up the DS to connect to the wireless network is relatively straight-forward. The wireless setup screens can only be accessed from games that support wireless features. If you get stuck on that step I can create a brief walk-through on how to go about it. I don't currently have Pokemon Pearl at my apartment, but I can retrieve it this weekend and then I can also tell you which city to go to and where in the city to go to get it all set up.
Wow, thanks for going into so much detail for me. I'll take the safer route and buy the USB for the DS, since my modem doesn't support the wireless online feature. I'll be sure to tell you as soon as I get one because I'd really like to trade with you.

Oh, can this wireless network also be used for the PictoChat function on the DS? Or does that require people to be close to you? That's the program I was most excited about since I loved to draw and thought it'd be a fun experience. I just don't know anyone who also owns a DS so I couldn't try it out while just standing near someone.. :/

Quote:
Spoiler for More Okami:

It's too bad your PS2 was stolen. I hope you get a replacement soon!
Spoiler for Even more Okami:

Quote:
I was pretty excited when I read your comment on my profile, and I was not disappointed when I hit the "spoiler" button to see what it was. It's so elegant, and it really means a lot to me to know that you put in the effort to make it on my behalf. Once the Christmas season is over I'll be switching over to this signature and, unless I'm given other signatures as gifts, will probably stick with this signature for years.

Back when I was in middle school and high school I used to create new signatures for myself monthly. I had so much time and energy that I could have probably made a new signature weekly, but back then I was limited by image sources (and to a lesser degree by inspiration). As a university student my time dwindled and I cut back to creating new signature/avatar sets for myself roughly once per season, but eventually I had to give even that up. I don't know when the last time I made a new signature was. That's a lot of babbling, but what I'm trying to say is, if you're in a similar situation to how I was back in high school (lots of free time and such) then maybe it seems silly that I'd be so thankful over a mere signature image. I've reached a point where if I'm not busy then I'm feeling guilty because there's always still work I could be doing, so... for you to take the time to hunt down an image of Fuze, and to piece it all together into such a spiffy signature, it really means quite a bit to me. Thank you so much, and happy holidays!
Oh, no no, you're not babbling in the slightest. It's comments like yours that give me the confidence as well as the push to make signatures as well as my drawings. For someone to be so happy over something I created for them makes me twice as happy. I tried my hardest to make these sigs the best I could because it's was kind of like gathering all I've learned since I started and putting it all together at the end. Happy Holidays to you as well. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenge.Is.Sweeter View Post
I LOVE your work, Haku! I hope to see more!
Really? Thank you so much.

Okay, now that I'm caught up with my comments....

New quick request sig:

And a drawing that I'm actually kind of proud of for once. Since I got a new sketch book for Christmas, I wanted to try and make a decent drawing on the first page. After looking for and image of Fuse for Ledgem's signature, I wanted to draw her again.

DeviantArt Link
Don't worry, these aren't any game spoilers; I just wanted to draw this scene. I would really appreciate some comments on it.
Old 2008-12-30, 18:22   Link #717
Zakuraa
The Princess Has Arrived♥
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Zakuraa Send a message via Yahoo to Zakuraa
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...es/kasdk22.gif
I still love this one to-date. And I love your drawing Haku-Chan, awesome job. ^^
Zakuraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 13:05   Link #718
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakuraa View Post
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...es/kasdk22.gif
I still love this one to-date. And I love your drawing Haku-Chan, awesome job. ^^
Lulz, that's the first time I tried animated rain too. xD
Thanks Zaku-chan as always~

Two new sigs.

Thought this was a cute idea but I couldn't get the bubbles to look right. (this is not a crop sig)

I really liked this image when I saw it, and I kinda like how the sig turned out in the end.
Old 2008-12-31, 23:54   Link #719
Shana

What?! the bubbles look right! it looks really cuuute though the render looks kind of choppy.

btw, first 2009 post for you !
Old 2009-01-01, 11:57   Link #720
Hakuryu
Klutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana View Post
What?! the bubbles look right! it looks really cuuute though the render looks kind of choppy.

btw, first 2009 post for you !
Ew, you're right it does look choppy. That's what I get for being lazy and using the magic wand tool instead of rendering if properly. xD
This one should be better~

Yay, Happy New Year Everyone!

....>.>

Do you guys know how many people order pizza on New Years Eve? I'm so tired.

Tags