AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Old 2010-07-07, 10:00   Link #361
Jarmel

I'm having a hard time deciding whether I should watch the series with the reset in relationships every few episodes.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 10:04   Link #362
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
I'm having a hard time deciding whether I should watch the series with the reset in relationships every few episodes.
Perhaps you can do like what someone decided here, just pick a girl, watch her arc, and end it with that

Personally, I'm hoping to finish the fight mainly because I have 3 years to make up for.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 10:22   Link #363
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
I'd say watch one reset (if that's what we get) and see how it feels.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 10:31   Link #364
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Well, telling a guy that she liked older guys is crushing. But it is something that he can prove wrong and I hope he does. Well, we know he will since the endings are concrete, but it should be good to see how.

Good analysis, as always.
Yeah, saying 'sorry, I like older guys" is not the nicest thing aroung and I would call it downright crushing, but at least she was kind enough to not beat around the bush and shot him down even if it was crushing.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 10:36   Link #365
greedyisgood
easy mode

So which among these girls is the tsundere type?
Old 2010-07-07, 10:40   Link #366
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yeah my mistake. I couldn't remember if the DVD count was 24 or 26.
Kadowaki Mai aka Hinako from Hinako Training for 25 & 26
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 10:41   Link #367
mangatron

lol training with Hinako? I still can't fathom sleeping with her

Quote:
Originally Posted by greedyisgood View Post
So which among these girls is the tsundere type?
Hmm.... I'm going to throw a tactical nuke into deep space and say, probably Ayatsuji.
Old 2010-07-07, 11:38   Link #368
ars magna
-__-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
lol training with Hinako? I still can't fathom sleeping with her

Hmm.... I'm going to throw a tactical nuke into deep space and say, probably Ayatsuji.
Well, she isn't tundere; she just has issues about being overshadowed by her sister. Otherwise she acts (emphasis on acts) very friendly and helpful. If you could call anyone tundere, it would be probably Miya although she isn't one of the heroines.
ars magna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 11:46   Link #369
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Kadowaki Mai aka Hinako from Hinako Training for 25 & 26
I'd be all for that.
Old 2010-07-07, 12:03   Link #370
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ars magna View Post
Well, she isn't tundere; she just has issues about being overshadowed by her sister. Otherwise she acts (emphasis on acts) very friendly and helpful. If you could call anyone tundere, it would be probably Miya although she isn't one of the heroines.
Well from all heroines Ayatsuji does sometime act most 'tsundere-ish' specially when she is embarrassed or annoyed but yeah there isnt a 100% tsundere among the main heroines other than that.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 12:25   Link #371
mangatron

phone post

Hence my "shot in the dark" you won't be finding a Naru in this series.
Old 2010-07-07, 12:30   Link #372
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

First ep watched..... lots of little nice touches. Almost made you feel like you should have to choose a response at some points. Generally enjoyed the mood, feel, and execution. Will definitely watch at least a couple of arcs to see how the transition plays out.

I think I'm definitely going to like this style (parallel fairy tales) better than the "one guy chooses out of six girls" fantasy (anime adaptations almost always fail in that mode, either they fear to make any choice (reset) or they have to contort believability to reach the focus group winner). But I still prefer more complex story lines that, say, have triangles (e.g. Canvas 2) or spend the entire series on one path (Lamune).
Old 2010-07-07, 13:07   Link #373
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
First ep watched..... lots of little nice touches. Almost made you feel like you should have to choose a response at some points. Generally enjoyed the mood, feel, and execution. Will definitely watch at least a couple of arcs to see how the transition plays out.

I think I'm definitely going to like this style (parallel fairy tales) better than the "one guy chooses out of six girls" fantasy (anime adaptations almost always fail in that mode, either they fear to make any choice (reset) or they have to contort believability to reach the focus group winner). But I still prefer more complex story lines that, say, have triangles (e.g. Canvas 2) or spend the entire series on one path (Lamune).
I too would prefer more complex stories like so I love a good melodramatic love triangle, therefore I could only suggest that for each heroine there is a 1 cours series for each of them

well one can wish-__-
Old 2010-07-07, 13:19   Link #374
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I too would prefer more complex stories like so I love a good melodramatic love triangle, therefore I could only suggest that for each heroine there is a 1 cours series for each of them

well one can wish-__-
Triangles are the best, I loved ef's, it was awesome. I kind of hope we get some kind of friction from other characters at some point. It'd be pretty boring if the protagonist had to do all of the leg work the whole time.
Old 2010-07-07, 13:26   Link #375
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I kind of hope we get some kind of friction from other characters at some point. It'd be pretty boring if the protagonist had to do all of the leg work the whole time.
I'm kinda expected that from Kaoru just going by her personality type we've seen in the first episode, so fingers crossed.
Old 2010-07-07, 15:27   Link #376
Nijuu
Please don't hate me

Quote:
Triangles are the best, I loved ef's, it was awesome.
Me too. Maybe the annoying imouto is there to go against all relationships each arc?
Joking.

I think there's not enough room for complex drama - It would be nice, though. But I don't think this anime will be shallow either.

They even let us chose our path! That means they must be concerned in showing off every girl and every route. (At least I hope so)

The main problem on game adaptations is that they put everything together so good characters stories aren't well explained. But I have faith in Amagami.
Nijuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 15:36   Link #377
kamehameha

so each arc will be how many episodes? No one really knows the format of the anime right, are we just guessing that the story will reset every x amount of eps? Cause that would suck and turn a lot of people from watching the series. Just how much can there be done in a single arc..? I hope that even if it does reset that the character chooses someone at the end
kamehameha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 15:37   Link #378
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamehameha View Post
so each arc will be how many episodes? No one really knows the format of the anime right, are we just guessing that the story will reset every x amount of eps? Cause that would suck and turn a lot of people from watching the series. Just how much can there be done in a single arc..? I hope that even if it does reset that the character chooses someone at the end
No it's been officially confirmed, and each girl will get 4 episodes each for their arc.
Old 2010-07-07, 15:38   Link #379
zeth006

Ayatsuji...reminds me of a couple of girls I knew briefly in HS. Same type! Medium height, fair, long hair, and pretty. O_O

Spookier part is how my experiences back then aren't too far off from Tachibana's...
zeth006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 16:15   Link #380
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamehameha View Post
The character will choose someone at the end of each arc. Its more like a series of short stories set in alternate/parallel universes.

So, for the VN gamers - its exactly like replaying the game but making different choices that lead towards a different end.

If you read the Kimikiss manga adaptation, you'll see exactly how this sort of short story style works. That manga handles it with each volume focusing on one path to one girl and winning her at the end of that volume. Each following volume starts the school year over - there is no "correct" or "only" end.

Tags
romance, seinen, shounen