Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-06-09, 20:25   Link #201
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Why is it English games/sites never seem to specifically state who voices who? XD
And why does Yggdra have TWO voice clips?
Instead of one movie and one voice clip, they just have two voice clips...

......I feel ill after listening to the English voices...
Atlus, I believed in you! Waaaaaaaahhhh~

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 21:19   Link #202
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Wonder how long until Strum says I'm racist for saying the english VAs are horrible.
Old 2008-06-10, 05:19   Link #203
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

I can import and play it now, and since it still got the japanese track it's a win/win for me
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 09:13   Link #204
krisslanza

At least Strum says the US version has a dual language feature so you can still use the Japanese voices with the English text. Sounds like a win/win.
If you have a PSP.
Old 2008-06-10, 16:40   Link #205
Saiga Tatsumi

It looks very weird to me.
The graphics for a PSP game and so on but i can see because it's a remake but it doesn't look that appealing to me.
I plan on playing the GBA version though see if it really is good or not because i have a PSP.
But this is just my oppinion.
Old 2008-06-12, 17:04   Link #206
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I only hope that they will bring this game to Europe. I would hate for this game to be added to the list of 'want to play, but I can't' list. T_T
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-12, 23:41   Link #207
krisslanza

OMG KEROKO POSTED IN A THREAD I HADN'T SEEN HIM IN OOOOOO:!
*ahem*
Why not import? :3
Old 2008-06-13, 10:56   Link #208
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
OMG KEROKO POSTED IN A THREAD I HADN'T SEEN HIM IN OOOOOO:!
*ahem*

Quote:
Why not import? :3
Is the PSP regionfree?
Old 2008-06-13, 11:09   Link #209
krisslanza

I bet you could find a firmware mod to make it regionfree...
I don't own a PSP so I'm not sure myself.
Old 2008-06-13, 14:06   Link #210
Sm@sH-WolF

Hi, anyone here knows where to find good images of Milanor ? I want to try to cosplay him, but I lack good quality / resolution images to base myself on except for his axe (which is awsome by the way).

thx
Sm@sH-WolF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-14, 00:34   Link #211
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post

Is the PSP regionfree?
For games yes but UMD are region coded.

Last edited by FRS; 2008-06-14 at 00:49. Reason: added UMD precision.
Old 2008-06-14, 03:19   Link #212
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Really? It is? That certainly is a big relief. Now i really have to look in to importing all those games that never made it here.
Old 2008-06-14, 09:07   Link #213
krisslanza

I never understand region locking. I mean why do we have to take special measures to play a game we love it a company doesn't wanna localize it? @.@

Anyway... The whole english VA thing has apparently made me appear to be a racist on Lacrimacastle.
Old 2008-06-14, 09:51   Link #214
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
I never understand region locking. I mean why do we have to take special measures to play a game we love it a company doesn't wanna localize it? @.@
It's the same deal for the DvDs, compagnies do it to protect their profit (it's an exclusive deal with a sole distributor for a given area).

Quote:
Anyway... The whole english VA thing has apparently made me appear to be a racist on Lacrimacastle.

I must be a racist too, i prefer to watch movies/anime subbed rather dubbed.
Old 2008-06-14, 10:05   Link #215
krisslanza

Yup by Lacrima standards you're racist if you "prefer" something to another apparently...
Old 2008-06-15, 04:56   Link #216
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post
It's the same deal for the DvDs, compagnies do it to protect their profit (it's an exclusive deal with a sole distributor for a given area).
Fortunately, people realize that region blocks are horribly outdated. More and more consoles are becomming region free, and region free DVD players are a common sight in many stores.

Now I can add the PSP to that list, and enjoy many games that I always wanted to play.

Now... should I go play the GBA version, or should I wait for the PSP version... decisions, decisions.
Old 2008-06-15, 08:40   Link #217
krisslanza

It depends. The differences aren't TOO many... Voice acting, improved graphics, a few new characters, and more stages... For the PSP of course. The PSP is also easier as they turned the normal game into "Hard" mode
Old 2008-06-15, 13:52   Link #218
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post

I must be a racist too, i prefer to watch movies/anime subbed rather dubbed.
What does a language have to do with a person's race? I must have missed the accusations over racism with regard to language, but the next time anyone says something foolish like that inform them that you're simply language-biased. I like to think of it as "listening to it the way that it was intended" - created in Japan and Japanese? Japanese it is. China? Mandarin or Cantonese it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Fortunately, people realize that region blocks are horribly outdated. More and more consoles are becomming region free, and region free DVD players are a common sight in many stores.
I wish. Region-free DVDs have been out for a long time and it seems that many DVDs aren't region-coded. I've worked with DVD authoring software (DVD Studio Pro) and the default is to make it region-free. I think that everyone hates regions except for the companies up at the top. To that end, sadly Blu-ray does have regions. I believe there are fewer regions than there were with DVDs, but I'm displeased either way. HD-DVD was region-free but it lost the format war

Does anyone think that there'll be a DS remake for Yggdra Union? I don't have a PSP nor do I intend to buy one, but the PSP remake of Yggdra Union sounds enticing. I believe SD memory cards have capacities that rival or exceed the discs that the PSP uses, right? So they should be able to fit it all on there, and I'd imagine that the DS could match the processing requirements...
Old 2008-06-15, 14:01   Link #219
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
What does a language have to do with a person's race? I must have missed the accusations over racism with regard to language, but the next time anyone says something foolish like that inform them that you're simply language-biased. I like to think of it as "listening to it the way that it was intended" - created in Japan and Japanese? Japanese it is. China? Mandarin or Cantonese it is.

Does anyone think that there'll be a DS remake for Yggdra Union? I don't have a PSP nor do I intend to buy one, but the PSP remake of Yggdra Union sounds enticing. I believe SD memory cards have capacities that rival or exceed the discs that the PSP uses, right? So they should be able to fit it all on there, and I'd imagine that the DS could match the processing requirements...
Just ignore it. That website/forum (I believe krisslanza is talking about Lacrima Castle) is full of flaming and nonsense anyways. I only find it useful for the CGs, avatars, and the such.

That would be awesome, but I doubt it will happen. Sting is currently busy with another DS game and such...
But if it does happen, it would be very welcome.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-17, 07:14   Link #220
Sm@sH-WolF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm@sH-WolF View Post
Hi, anyone here knows where to find good images of Milanor ? I want to try to cosplay him, but I lack good quality / resolution images to base myself on except for his axe (which is awsome by the way).

thx
nobody knows ?
Sm@sH-WolF is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
psp, sting