AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-07-11, 10:01   Link #81
Remian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemist
No more DDR in Japan? They haven't released any arcade game since 2002's DDR Extreme...

I heard it's quite hot over there in the states... while in Japan I bet it's virtually stale.

You are very wrong my friend, very.

On my recent trip to Japan, there a lines consisting of (gasp) more than 70 people just to play the new DDR version at the local arcade. Japanese players are pretty good too.
Remian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 15:32   Link #82
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remian
You are very wrong my friend, very.

On my recent trip to Japan, there a lines consisting of (gasp) more than 70 people just to play the new DDR version at the local arcade. Japanese players are pretty good too.
What's the new DDR version there? According to the Konami websites their latest arcade version is still DDR Extreme. It's a two-year old arcade game already.

But I guess it's still popular considering what you said...

It would be very fascinating to see someone finish those crazy 10-footer songs in the MAX and Paranoia series. The other 10-footers (Sakura and bag) were actually quite easy compared to the others. I can finish Sakura and bag.
Old 2004-07-16, 17:43   Link #83
Aiselin

Send a message via AIM to Aiselin
I play DDR a lot, ive played every mix except the newest, and have a ddr game fer the comp (DWI)..... The hardest song ive beaten would have to be..... Max300 on maniac.
Aiselin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-16, 18:20   Link #84
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiselin
I play DDR a lot, ive played every mix except the newest, and have a ddr game fer the comp (DWI)..... The hardest song ive beaten would have to be..... Max300 on maniac.
The only 10 footer I've ever beaten was Bag on 5 speed, but that doesn't really count.

Ayway.....

I don't plan on buying DDR Extreme for the US version. I'm still rather pissed off about what they did to MAX 2. Just from that game alone I had 2 new songs in my top 5 most hated DDR songs list. I hate KCEA/KCEH. They will be the death of DDR in America.

I'm planning to play DDR at Seasiide Highs in New Jersey near late July/early August. This will be heads up that I'll be gone for a week at the beginning of August. If my sister doesn't come I might just increase my skills to be able to beat PARANOiA Survivor, Sakua, and MAX 300 this summer alone.

As for hardest song, I can't decide:

Sakura (Oni)
Orion .78 (Civilization Mix) (Heavy)
Trip Machiine Climax (Heavy)
Captain Jack (Grandale Remix) (Heavy)
The Legend of MAX (Standard)

This is oly a small list narrowed down to these 5, of course I did the 2nd through 4th ones one 2 speed. I van't stand seeing a song going at the normal speed.
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-20, 14:58   Link #85
slope420jo

great game stepmania fun too =D
slope420jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 09:20   Link #86
Remian

you all sound so good. Any body have any advice so i caN go from standard to heavy
Old 2004-07-30, 15:20   Link #87
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Quote:
you all sound so good. Any body have any advice so i caN go from standard to heavy
I'll try to give advice:

1. Learn how to do skipping steps. They're like jumps but make one foot slightly higher that the other (at least 2 centimeters.)

2. If you can't see the arrows on slow songs, you could always increase the speed by holding down the button you select the song with.

3. Solo colored steps will make the steps more visible but not easier or harder, just brighter.

4. Don't panic on long chains. Just flow with the rhythm.

5. Be quick on your reflexes. Fast songs are no walk in the park. You have to move fast, but not too quickly. You'll miss steps and maybe fail the song.

6. Dry your feet/shoes and the pad. This is one of the reasons why some great players fail because the surface is too slippery.

7. Don't jump on every step. It will tire you out. Just use one foot and tap it lightly, but with enough force for you to get it. Stomping slows you down and tires you out.

8. When going to a regular step to a jump separated with an 1/8th arrow, don't stress out. Just try to get there on time with the rhythm.

9. Asking other pros is always a great idea. They can give you some pointers and when they play look at their feet and see how the do the steps.

10. Never, and I mean never play DDr after have a carbonated drink! (ie. Soda) It hurts your stomach and tires you out, and the aftermath after doing it on a fast song is like being kicked in the pit of your stomach.

11. Bring a water bottle. No DDR player should play while dehydrated. It lowers your stamina.

12. After you played DDR for a while and had beaten your first 6 and 7 footers, you should play wiht a pro because they might do harder songs around 7 footer heavys or standard 7 footers. Do the 7 footers and perhaps an 8 at the end and you'll soon be a heavy player. (Hey, it worked for me ^_~) If you're lucky like me, by the next week you could beat your first 9 footer.

I'm sure other people can give you more tips. These are good tips for someone starting standard/heavy.
Old 2004-07-30, 16:31   Link #88
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Hey- those sound like great tips- I'm in the same boat as that other poster- I'll give some of that stuff a try
Old 2004-07-31, 21:39   Link #89
Remian

Thanks ALOT for those DDR tips.

Umm. but wats a 6/7/8/9 footer song?? can i have a definition.

I will try your tips thank u.

I saw a Pro player do MAXX Unlimited on Heavy and got an AAA score and didnt even sweat. He coughed a few times and drank alot after that, but seeing him do that made me feel really bad and inadequete....
Old 2004-08-01, 16:57   Link #90
spedz_fx
Begin Activation!

Send a message via MSN to spedz_fx
DDR IT's mint but sadly i can't play it coz well basically i'm crap at dancing well yeh i am ai'll admit it ! but it is a laft (as long as u don't take serously bout it)
spedz_fx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 18:07   Link #91
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Umm. but wats a 6/7/8/9 footer song?? can i have a definition.
It's basically a difficulty rating. The higher the foot number, the harder the song. You can actually see the number of foots in the song selection screen, somewhere at the bottom left. This also goes in conjunction in the Beginner, Light, Standard, and Heavy modes. The higher the mode, and the higher the foot number, the harder the song. I hope I explained it well though.

MAXX Unlimited on Standard is an 8-footer song.
MAXX Unlimited on Heavy is a 10-footer song.
Old 2004-08-08, 23:59   Link #92
Heat
national forest

My favorite song is Rhythm and Police(Heavy)
and..jumpa to my beat shoes
*dances*
I'm ok at DDR..but I'm not too good at 10 footers
but what I really would like to get better at is freestylin'...now that's neat
Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 00:40   Link #93
FrostLich

DDR is a fun game but being a lazy inanimate person, i often feel embarrased to jump around all of a sudden. I usally get the best scores when im playing the game alone .
FrostLich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 23:14   Link #94
Ragnarok6502
the apocolips comes

wow im friends with some of the best DDR players in my area and i get shown up so much cuz im just now trying to get into heavie but its cool ive been playing for 3 almost 4 months. i always had respect for the game i just didnt know that it was as hard as it was at first.
Ragnarok6502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-10, 13:25   Link #95
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
The only 10 footer I've ever beaten was Bag on 5 speed, but that doesn't really count.

As for hardest song, I can't decide:

Sakura (Oni)
Orion .78 (Civilization Mix) (Heavy)
Trip Machiine Climax (Heavy)
Captain Jack (Grandale Remix) (Heavy)
The Legend of MAX (Standard)

This is oly a small list narrowed down to these 5, of course I did the 2nd through 4th ones one 2 speed. I van't stand seeing a song going at the normal speed.
Ok- 2 things- I've never heard of any of these songs. I have DDR MAX 1 &2 so, are these from earlier mixes? How many mixes are there?

Also, you talk about doing songs at different speeds- do you mean difficulty levels here, or is there some way to change the actual speed of a song so that it sounds like the chipmunks?
Old 2004-08-10, 20:52   Link #96
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit
Ok- 2 things- I've never heard of any of these songs. I have DDR MAX 1 &2 so, are these from earlier mixes? How many mixes are there?

Also, you talk about doing songs at different speeds- do you mean difficulty levels here, or is there some way to change the actual speed of a song so that it sounds like the chipmunks?
There are about 8 mixes in the arcade. Basically MAX1 is the 6th Mix while MAX2 is the 7th Mix.

About the songs mentioned by Razer_2mb:
Sakura (Oni) - It's on DDR Extreme (8th Mix)
Orion .78 (Civilization Mix) (Heavy) - It's on MAX1 arcade, but in the home versions I think it's on 5th Mix (PSX).
Trip Machiine Climax (Heavy) - Maybe on 4th Mix
Captain Jack (Grandale Remix) (Heavy) - It's on 3rd Mix
The Legend of MAX (Standard) - It's on DDR Extreme (8th Mix)

About the speeds, this is an option that only makes the arrows scroll faster on the screen. No change is made on the speed of the song.
Old 2004-08-19, 23:37   Link #97
Remian

YAHOO

After playing standard many times, I managed to finally complete a song (Silent Hill) on HEAVY. I also managed to complete Tommorow Perfume on Heavy and Kind Lady (Interlude) With A "B" and a "C"

Though most of u probably dont care, I feel really great and i wanna share my feelings with the world.

sorry for makin u waste ur time by reading dis
Old 2004-08-20, 10:20   Link #98
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
YAHOO

After playing standard many times, I managed to finally complete a song (Silent Hill) on HEAVY. I also managed to complete Tommorow Perfume on Heavy and Kind Lady (Interlude) With A "B" and a "C"

Though most of u probably dont care, I feel really great and i wanna share my feelings with the world.

sorry for makin u waste ur time by reading dis
I would say the same thing now.

I finished MAX 300 on Heavy!!!

WOOHOO!
Old 2004-08-21, 10:41   Link #99
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Quote:
I would say the same thing now.

I finished MAX 300 on Heavy!!!

WOOHOO!
What grade did you get?

Anyway if we're celebrating about beating songs I just beaten Sakura on heavy with a "B" and I have photographic proof. I'll never make fun of disposible cameras again. No only if I could get through to last 20 seconds of PARANOiA Survivor I would be on easy street.

That reminds me! Ignore my top 5 hardest earlier in this thread. It updated to:

1. Sakura (Heavy)
2. Healing Vision (Angelic Mix) (Heavy)
3. Cartoon Heroes (Speedy Mix) (Heavy)
4. So Deep (Perfect Sphere Mix) (Heavy)
5. Xenon (Heavy)

Dispite Xenon being on my top 5 list, it's actually fairly easy in some ways.

For the DDR home games I can no longer pity XBox, but instead curse it for not sucking unlike the the US home of Extreme will. If you thought it couldn't get worse than MAX2 in the US, you might be wrong.

Quote:
There are about 8 mixes in the arcade. Basically MAX1 is the 6th Mix while MAX2 is the 7th Mix.

About the songs mentioned by Razer_2mb:
Sakura (Oni) - It's on DDR Extreme (8th Mix)
Orion .78 (Civilization Mix) (Heavy) - It's on MAX1 arcade, but in the home versions I think it's on 5th Mix (PSX).
Trip Machiine Climax (Heavy) - Maybe on 4th Mix
Captain Jack (Grandale Remix) (Heavy) - It's on 3rd Mix
The Legend of MAX (Standard) - It's on DDR Extreme (8th Mix)

Sakura actually originated from Beatmania IIDX. It's also one of the only songs in Beatmania history that originated from Naoki and not from DDR to Beatmania. The movie in the background in the sog is also from Beatmania, the game where every song got it's own background.

Orion.78 Civilization mix was also in the Home version of MAX. It was one of the only song in the game that had no freeze arrows like [b]Healing Vision AM[b], Let the Beat Hit 'em (Classic R and B style), and On the Jazz.

Trip Machine Climax was also in the home version of Max. It was the only Trip Machine in the game.

Captain Jack (Grandale Mix) has no other information that I know of accept it's a mix of the original Captain Jack which was probably longer.

The Legend of Max is yet another continuation of the MAX series. ZZ is also Naoki, along with Omega and Z, but NOT 2MB despite fairly popular belief. Just because Naoki made the other Max songs and 2MB made MAX. (Period) doesn't mean thery are the same guy. 2MB is actually U1.

Just a little history added in for each song.

Last edited by OutPhase; 2004-08-21 at 11:01.
Old 2004-08-22, 22:05   Link #100
bluemist
i am the mist

Darn, I never even thought of photographing my historic moment. I got a C on MAX 300 Heavy btw. Yup, lame but at least I passed it.

Also, for me Sakura on Heavy is a bit easier than MAX 300. I also get B grades there.

The main problem with me is always 'stamina'. MAX 300 has continual 1/8 steps which wear my feet down too quickly, while Sakura's 1/8 steps are quite far in between and not lasting too long.

I'm NEVER gonna even remotely touch Paranoia Survivor MAX on Heavy.

My top 5 hardest songs that I have beaten:
1. MAX 300 (Heavy)
2. Sakura (Heavy)
3. Healing Vision (Angelic Mix) (Heavy)
4. Exotic Ethnic (Heavy)
5. Orion .78 (Civilization Mix) (Heavy)