AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-08-06, 06:56   Link #381
AnAlPedoFileMan
hey there lil girlie

hey this new name change feature is nice and all but if u change ur name wouldnt it be nice to inform ppl of ur name change before or after u change it?? i mean with the ppl with the buddy lists of 30+ ppl it really boggles the mind to see a new name that u havent seen there before. anyway that my opinion on this name change dealy.

anyone care to elaborate more on this??
AnAlPedoFileMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-06, 15:14   Link #382
Oneesama
本當に愛してるなら, "鰻食べる?”ってきかないで

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAlPedoFileMan
hey this new name change feature is nice and all but if u change ur name wouldnt it be nice to inform ppl of ur name change before or after u change it?? i mean with the ppl with the buddy lists of 30+ ppl it really boggles the mind to see a new name that u havent seen there before. anyway that my opinion on this name change dealy.

anyone care to elaborate more on this??
i suggested i will change to "OMG" but everyone said "NO" >_> while "THEY" changed it....

NOT FAIR!

anyways~ don, why don't you post your new nick? if you happen to change it daily, just edit your post to add it on.. ^__^
Oneesama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-06, 16:03   Link #383
AnAlPedoFileMan
hey there lil girlie

lol i dont have a new nick, nor will change it. i happen to like this name and my name on GB. also wuts the deal with nak??? dual and shot 2 on JD deals out an astonishing 619 dmg!!! thats almost 3 times the dmg i deal normally in games
Old 2004-08-06, 16:22   Link #384
Mcdonalds

hey everyone, come back from my hols today so hopefully you lot will see me around on GB if you come on. Woah, what kinda JD was you fighting against don! was there blokey fully kitted up with fighting avatars?!?!?
Mcdonalds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-07, 02:31   Link #385
AnAlPedoFileMan
hey there lil girlie

actually McD's this was in ava off, i have been able to sucessfully do this 619 dmg dealy twice.
Old 2004-08-07, 19:50   Link #386
Myojin-Kenji

Is it me or does anyone notice the GB buddylist not work right recently?
Myojin-Kenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-08, 18:07   Link #387
diabolistic
pythagorean≠python gorax

Oneesama is now in third place.. quickly passing me in the express-lane to victory!

And it seems like only yesterday when she owned me in jd... now she's a golden battle axe boomer pro...
oh.. how they grow up T_T

<Pabs> kcl, you sure do put out a lot of Naruto eps
diabolistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 00:20   Link #388
The Starfall Knight
Starlight Writer

Send a message via AIM to The Starfall Knight
Hey, I was just wondering how long it took for someone to become a member of a guild? Because I applied as DashStarfall yesterday and I haven't gotten any word yet. Well, hope to become a member of the guild soon ^_^
The Starfall Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 00:36   Link #389
FrostLich

Gunbound has the biggest jerk percentage out of every online game I have ever played. Maybe its because this game requires players to wait for their turn which gives them time to throw insults at every move you do.

This game is very fun when your playing with friends though. I started playing since there was only 1 zone and having more then 2 avatars meant u were elite. Now its all about having the best avatars, even the non avatar zone is filled with ppl who want star gear. I still play now and then but only when my friends are on. I usally get insulted each time i make a bad move when im not playing with my friends .
FrostLich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 16:22   Link #390
KaeMeera

Yeah, me too. But, that's why god invented /mute lol

I think it only really sucks when the guy that's talking you down is on your team. THEN, you have to leave. But, really, there are times when I get into a good room, the same players stay like 3 or 4 games and everyone compliments each other, even on the really bad shots. I think that's great.

Oh, and your avatar is soooooo cool.
KaeMeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 16:36   Link #391
KaeMeera

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAlPedoFileMan
lol i dont have a new nick, nor will change it. i happen to like this name and my name on GB. also wuts the deal with nak??? dual and shot 2 on JD deals out an astonishing 619 dmg!!! thats almost 3 times the dmg i deal normally in games
That's really strange because JD is hella weak. I play sate and even sate + thor + shot 2 doesn't even equal 600 dmg. Normally, a combo like that would do 500 but 600 is like...mind-boggling. Force, I believe, also boosts attack power but you can't have thor and force at the same time. So, my guess? Hack. Or game glitch.
Old 2004-08-09, 18:01   Link #392
FrostLich

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaeMeera
thx

Although i hate insults, im not a fan of the overly nice ppl who say ns or gj for every single shot that hits. A nice shot should be reserved for actual nice shots not when you do a full power blast at someone right infront of you. Im talking about shots where you use awkward positions and angles and u still hit or when your first shot from a long distance hits.

Although the community use to be a lot nicer, its bad to see that ppl still pick the current most powerful mobile and the majority of ppl pick it. This maybe because im a random user and there arnt much ppl that use random.

Overpowered mobile evolution: 1st overused/cheap mobile was Grub (surprised?), then mage, nak then ????(i didnt play for a period of time) then turtle then JD then Boomer and A-sate then current (I dont know what it is now since i rarly play but i beleive its still A-sate thats most played and might I add slightly overpowered at close range).
Old 2004-08-09, 23:58   Link #393
KaeMeera

I agree that "Nice shot" or "good job" should be reserved but then, I'll take anything over the constant abuse people give each other over simple mistakes or what not.

Personally, I don't care what mobile people pick. Nor do I care how often they pick it. Same as I don't care if they pick random. Personally, I don't like random. There are too many bots I don't like. However, when I'm feeling bored, I'll choose random to mix it up for myself.

"Overpowered mobile evolution: 1st overused/cheap mobile was Grub (surprised?)"

Actually, yeah. I'd have to say Big Foot. Also, I don't associate "overused" with "cheap". Grub is actually a very effective bot, sometimes. Same goes for Big Foot. It all depends on how it's used.

"A-sate thats most played and might I add slightly overpowered at close range."

Yeah, I have noticed more and more sate users. It doesn't bother me.
By "slightly overpowered at close range" do you mean that it's overpowered by other mobiles easily at close range...? Or that it's overly powerful at close range? I'd have to say that both are true. I don't think that it's over powerful, however. If it's in a deep-enough hole, sate is practically powerless. Also, the sate doesn't do as much damage long-range because the beams aren't as concentrated. Even using Sniper as opposed to Slice isn't enough to compensate. So, I think it's power close-range makes up for the lack of power from a distance.

Well, that's just the way I see it, anyways. I didn't make the game, afterall.
Old 2004-08-10, 01:13   Link #394
FrostLich

Theres nothing like overusage to make you beleive how overpowered that mobile is. Although most overpowered mobiles I find are acceptable except for the turtle era which was the annoying mobile in the whole gunbound history. Everybody used it and full blasted with massive dmg. Although their easy to stop IF you have a nak or bigfoot or something that can bunge them. But being a random player, thats not always accessable to me. JD was also a annoying time due to the good bunging and nice dmg combined with low delay but I could live with that.

So you can say that Im more annoyed by the fact that everybody uses the same mobile except for the JD and Turtle .

A-sate or laser does tons of dmg when the distance is short or medium. Also, the lasers also craft the land below the enemy which changes his angles and forces him to move around each time. Even if he does get his angle back each time, it adds delay each time he wastes time moving and adjusting angles. His long range sucks but if your playing a 3vs3 or 4vs4, that usally isnt a problem. The only time itss obsolete is in those dumb B side maps. I quit the game shortly after they released those maps.

Though I do beleive that laser needs compensation for his crappy long range capabilities. However most games are 4vs4 and long range often isnt a problem there.

Last edited by FrostLich; 2004-08-10 at 11:32.
Old 2004-08-10, 12:57   Link #395
diabolistic
pythagorean≠python gorax

i'm still waiting for my Lovebot/Raon revolution :P

i've noticed that more and more players are using Armor and Aduka.. i'll give credit to armor users since it requires a bit of precision.. but aduka requires so little aim ><

<Pabs> kcl, you sure do put out a lot of Naruto eps
diabolistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-13, 19:49   Link #396
pnoy_kakashi

Quote:
I agree that "Nice shot" or "good job" should be reserved but then, I'll take anything over the constant abuse people give each other over simple mistakes or what not.

Personally, I don't care what mobile people pick. Nor do I care how often they pick it. Same as I don't care if they pick random. Personally, I don't like random. There are too many bots I don't like. However, when I'm feeling bored, I'll choose random to mix it up for myself.

"Overpowered mobile evolution: 1st overused/cheap mobile was Grub (surprised?)"

Actually, yeah. I'd have to say Big Foot. Also, I don't associate "overused" with "cheap". Grub is actually a very effective bot, sometimes. Same goes for Big Foot. It all depends on how it's used.

"A-sate thats most played and might I add slightly overpowered at close range."

Yeah, I have noticed more and more sate users. It doesn't bother me.
By "slightly overpowered at close range" do you mean that it's overpowered by other mobiles easily at close range...? Or that it's overly powerful at close range? I'd have to say that both are true. I don't think that it's over powerful, however. If it's in a deep-enough hole, sate is practically powerless. Also, the sate doesn't do as much damage long-range because the beams aren't as concentrated. Even using Sniper as opposed to Slice isn't enough to compensate. So, I think it's power close-range makes up for the lack of power from a distance.

Well, that's just the way I see it, anyways. I didn't make the game, afterall.

... sate users are a virus!!! lol i hate sate
pnoy_kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-15, 07:06   Link #397
basket
World's first BBSing cat

Send a message via ICQ to basket Send a message via AIM to basket Send a message via MSN to basket Send a message via Yahoo to basket
Quote:
Don't I get any comments about my avatar? :P j/k

Anyway... it looks like the guild is going along well.. though we seem to have some members who haven't played in a while. =/

Spoiler for Guild standings:

Also, it seems that there are some new GB features coming up soon.

Spoiler for New GB features:
basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-15, 17:39   Link #398
Izzy
Corrupted

Quote:
Originally Posted by basket
Spoiler:
I sense that this will be abuse greatly............
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-15, 18:10   Link #399
Imazul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
I sense that this will be abuse greatly............
Not only that but it gives you no gold penalty so teamkilling exploit is gonna rise up.
Imazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 19:05   Link #400
Remian

With that new Discount Set thing... Everyone willl be walking around with Golden Armor. The Purpose of working hard for the Sets you want will be destroyed
Remian is offline   Reply With Quote