AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-12-10, 21:18   Link #1
crushproof

NHK ni Yōkoso! (Welcome to the NHK)

has anybody checked this manga out,i found it on a whim.....and i find it to be quite entertaining. it's about a guy with a social disorder, and he has spent 4 years in his room, with minimal contact with the outside world. and it starts off from there....funny stuff, i've only been able to find chapters 1-3, anybody know where i can find anymore?

oops sorry just realized i posted this in the fansub area.....don't know how to move it, can a mod move this to the manga area - thanks
Old 2004-12-10, 21:30   Link #2
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

If the three chapters you have are by MangaInc, I'd recommend you get Jinmen Juushin's version instead. MangaInc, in the opinion of the Japanese-speakers I know, did a very bad job on translation:

1-2 here: http://jinmen.pyoko.org/
More are coming soon.
Old 2004-12-10, 21:43   Link #3
crushproof

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
If the three chapters you have are by MangaInc, I'd recommend you get Jinmen Juushin's version instead. MangaInc, in the opinion of the Japanese-speakers I know, did a very bad job on translation:

1-2 here: http://jinmen.pyoko.org/
More are coming soon.
okay i'll try those versions out, but i still found manga inc's version very readable, is there only three chapters because this manga is new?that would explain alot...my geekiness for finding things had no luck in finding more of this
Old 2004-12-11, 02:21   Link #4
stpehen
kisses for all

There are only two volumes out currently.
NHK strikes me as a much seedier and depressing version of Genshiken. Whereas Genshiken takes a rather whimsical and light-hearted look at the follies of otaku, NHK wallows in the worst qualities manifested in otakudom like a pig in mud. It's hilarious.
Old 2004-12-11, 02:33   Link #5
Zephronite
gorogorogorogoro

Lolicon Purge!
Old 2004-12-11, 02:45   Link #6
crushproof

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpehen
There are only two volumes out currently.
NHK strikes me as a much seedier and depressing version of Genshiken. Whereas Genshiken takes a rather whimsical and light-hearted look at the follies of otaku, NHK wallows in the worst qualities manifested in otakudom like a pig in mud. It's hilarious.
2 volumes?? if the 2 volumes yur talking about are the raws, please pm me with them(i understand japanese) or translated ones are even better...

Quote:
lolicon purge
Spoiler:
Old 2004-12-11, 04:00   Link #7
sarcasteak
WAHA~

My goodness. *faints*

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpehen
I couldn't get interested in Genshiken, but this manga simply cracks me up. Thanks for the link, ashibaka!
Old 2004-12-12, 14:05   Link #8
Thany
Unfair

I remember this manga, it was quite funny, especially the 'Welcome in Lolita' :P
Spoiler for 2nd volume:

Last edited by Thany; 2004-12-30 at 16:55.
Old 2004-12-22, 01:04   Link #9
lolicon

A little late in saying this, but chapter 3 by Jinmen Juushin is out now. Extremely entertaining chapter, and it makes the wait for the next ones all the more painful.
Old 2004-12-23, 00:38   Link #10
burrowowl

The second volume only came out this month, so there were only 5 chapters to translate until quite recently. Mangainc's sole translator quit, so it's a good thing that jinmen-juushin picked it up. Please note that it isn't a story about "otaku" in the sense that american anime enthusiasts use the term; it's about folks with a serious psychological condition.
Old 2004-12-23, 01:40   Link #11
lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by burrowowl
The second volume only came out this month, so there were only 5 chapters to translate until quite recently. Mangainc's sole translator quit, so it's a good thing that jinmen-juushin picked it up. Please note that it isn't a story about "otaku" in the sense that american anime enthusiasts use the term; it's about folks with a serious psychological condition.
Yes. I think of NHK ni Youkuso as the rough equivalent to Fight Club, but with japanese people introverted to the point of psychosis instead.
Old 2004-12-28, 14:14   Link #12
karasu
ee.. nande?!

Send a message via AIM to karasu
Just got back from nihon with the volumes. Does anybody know if this is serialized or if it is only being released as tankouban?
Old 2004-12-30, 11:58   Link #13
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Evil Genius released 4-5, but I am going to avoid their scanslation because they skipped over 2-3 in order to be the first ones to do 4-5, and from their forums they apparently "need translators". They even released MangaCo's scanslation of 2-3 on their tracker instead of their own scanslation.
Old 2004-12-30, 14:50   Link #14
lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
Evil Genius released 4-5, but I am going to avoid their scanslation because they skipped over 2-3 in order to be the first ones to do 4-5, and from their forums they apparently "need translators". They even released MangaCo's scanslation of 2-3 on their tracker instead of their own scanslation.
Took a short read of the EG translations, and I have to say that I agree totally with waiting for the Jinmen Juushin version to come out. Still, it is nice to finally be able to read something new from the manga.
Old 2004-12-30, 17:29   Link #15
Scar

Read Evil Genius version of NHK ch 4 & 5...looks ok to me.>_>;
Old 2004-12-31, 04:15   Link #16
lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar
Read Evil Genius version of NHK ch 4 & 5...looks ok to me.>_>;
There are a few annoying errors that should have never been made. For example, they talk about Jung, and spell it Yung in the translation, as well as a couple other weird spelling errors that quality control would have picked up. Also, its just significantly less funny than the Jinmen Juushin version. Kudos to Evil Genius for getting it out early, but they should've spent a bit more time on this one imho.
Old 2005-01-02, 12:33   Link #17
SWPIGWANG

.....welcome to lolita......hahahahaha

Is there an chinese translation (as in licenced) to this manga? If so, what it is its name........ This manga is just too good to not collect for got sakes.

<--- is glad he can read chinese......
Old 2006-02-09, 19:40   Link #18
shadowplay
passive observer

Managed to read all the translated chapters so far today, and ended up liking it a lot; f*-up main character+nihilism = winning combination for me. There's lot of humor but still I feel overall atmosphere is kinda sad and melancholic, if not hopeless. Looking at the raw chapters it looks things will only get worse.
Old 2006-03-15, 12:49   Link #19
Dural
Me > You

I have alot of "Favorites of all time" manga and this is one of them.

I want whatever drug the mc does as well. Talking kitchen appliances FTW!
Old 2006-04-11, 14:05   Link #20
am1n

My favorite manga so far !

I just read the first vol, and I'm gonna get the second right now
Closed Thread