AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-02-19, 00:31   Link #521
AdventSleeper

Wow, he came out of that zero attack with only a few scratches?....

As for the next arc, I don't know, I just want this one to end already..
AdventSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 06:32   Link #522
DSDSSDWE
Blah

Xeno flew away on that dragon with his son (Killua's dad). Besides, if Netero can't beat the king then Xeno doesn't stand a chance. In a previous chapter (their first appearance above the castle) Xeno already stated that Netero could kick his ass easily.

The power levels are ridiculous indeed. Of course, we don't really know how much damage Netero really caused the king, but it doesn't look like he's half dead or anything. I wasn't expecting Netero to lose this badly though. But as you've said, they knew beforehand that Netero was likely weaker, so they must have some secret plan to take him out, still.

It's looking pretty bad for the invading team. Only Gon and Killua seem to be strong enough to defeat one of the king's gaurds. They need to be reinforced with people that are about as strong as Gin (who's said to be in the top 5) to defeat all of them comfortably me thinks.
DSDSSDWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 07:54   Link #523
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

If only the King was a member of the Spiders then Kurapica could take him.
Old 2010-02-19, 09:26   Link #524
Hikari no Clover

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooPurePureBoy View Post
If only the King was a member of the Spiders then Kurapica could take him.

ahhaha good idea

how are they going to end this mess since the most powerful 1 has already been taken down? could it be Gon's father ?
Hikari no Clover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 18:13   Link #525
fx_omar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSDSSDWE View Post
Xeno flew away on that dragon with his son (Killua's dad). Besides, if Netero can't beat the king then Xeno doesn't stand a chance. In a previous chapter (their first appearance above the castle) Xeno already stated that Netero could kick his ass easily.

The power levels are ridiculous indeed. Of course, we don't really know how much damage Netero really caused the king, but it doesn't look like he's half dead or anything. I wasn't expecting Netero to lose this badly though. But as you've said, they knew beforehand that Netero was likely weaker, so they must have some secret plan to take him out, still.

It's looking pretty bad for the invading team. Only Gon and Killua seem to be strong enough to defeat one of the king's gaurds. They need to be reinforced with people that are about as strong as Gin (who's said to be in the top 5) to defeat all of them comfortably me thinks.
but if they had a secret plan or somthing why did netero say the king's name????
fx_omar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 18:14   Link #526
fx_omar

maybe knuckle could beat him with his ability
Old 2010-02-19, 20:01   Link #527
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx_omar View Post
but if they had a secret plan or somthing why did netero say the king's name????
The only thing I can think of is that even now, everything is still going according to Netero's plan. As in, he knew he'd have to sacrifice his arm/legs/possibly more to hit him with zero, and telling the king his name now is only part of a larger plan that will continue afterwards.

Either that, or Gin shows up and beats the King down, laughs at Gon and tells him how weak he is. That'd ruin the manga though.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 20:04   Link #528
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
More than that, what other way would be good for this series to proceed? Gon and Killua attempt to take on the one star Hunter test? Fighting the Ryodan again? Short arcs that involve going on adventures?
Errrr I kinda don't see how they could have any new arcs with the ants still roaming around.

Quote:
maybe knuckle could beat him with his ability
Knuckle needs to make contact with the enemy AND stay within a 100m radius for his ability to even start. Let's say through a chain of impossible miracles he manages to hit the king and get away alive, he has to constantly stay close to him to have the doll(?) timer move. And all of that will not have effect on the king as he did beat Netero with physical force and not the use of a Nen ability.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 00:57   Link #529
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie
The only thing I can think of is that even now, everything is still going according to Netero's plan. As in, he knew he'd have to sacrifice his arm/legs/possibly more to hit him with zero, and telling the king his name now is only part of a larger plan that will continue afterwards.
Losing to the king is definitely within Netero consideration. However, he seemed to bet it on his Zero, which utterly failed. If Netero indeed has any final trump card, I see it will be a move border on insanity rather than anyt effective plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache
Knuckle needs to make contact with the enemy AND stay within a 100m radius for his ability to even start. Let's say through a chain of impossible miracles he manages to hit the king and get away alive, he has to constantly stay close to him to have the doll(?) timer move. And all of that will not have effect on the king as he did beat Netero with physical force and not the use of a Nen ability.
Lets see...

All the hunters were massacred by the king. Only Knuckle and Meleoron are left. Hidden by God's accomplice, Knuckle activates his nen and delivers a massive blow to the king. The king, however, dulled by the long fights, just feels that "did a mosquito just bite me? No matter. Even I can be tired after a long day like this. I should get a sleep ONCE IN A WHILE. He then sleeps straight for 40 hours, only to wake up and wonder "why do I feel so weak." The interest rate is now 30 billions.

Meleoron then kills the king with a swiss knife.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 15:52   Link #530
Kurapica

Netero has admitted his loss by telling the King his name. I don't think he still has something up his sleeve, but he is probably counting on the other hunters to take the King out. That means there are probably hunters out there who Netero believes can defeat the King where he failed.
Kurapica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 09:59   Link #531
fx_omar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSDSSDWE View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurapica View Post
Netero has admitted his loss by telling the King his name. I don't think he still has something up his sleeve, but he is probably counting on the other hunters to take the King out. That means there are probably hunters out there who Netero believes can defeat the King where he failed.
but netero was considered the most powerful nen user for more than half a century who could beat the king gon and killua? or gin(but i don't think gin will appear because gon and killua should find him themselves)???
Old 2010-02-21, 12:25   Link #532
majin_vegeta

I think you guys are looking at this wrong. Netero is no where near the strongest nen user alive anymore. He was the strongest nen user 50 years ago, but even he admits that he had less than half his power in his old age. Also, i'm quite sure that there are a few other fighters that would stack up much better against the king. The guy from the spiders that killed the queen of the other hive comes to mind. Fei or something like that seemed ridiculously overpowered and it didn't even appear as if the mangaka had shown the true depths of that characters power. Netero was a bad match up for the king. I'd say the king will die at the hands of someone physically weaker than netero. It will probably be someone with a cheap nen ability that is completely overpowered.
majin_vegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 13:39   Link #533
Cinocard

Then who will he/she be? There's very likely no one here besides the selected hunters. If the king will be defeated by someone else, I doubt it is within Netero plan. And what kind of cheap ability can help to defeat the king? He's goddamn smart, and he hasn't even used his own nen ability yet. I'm expecting it to be broken as well.

Anyway, having someone else popping up and defeat the king is indeed possible. But it feels random as hell, and I know I will hate it
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 13:40   Link #534
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I don't see anyone from the spiders taking down the king, though I would give Fei and the boss (forgot his name) the best chances.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 16:47   Link #535
fx_omar

fei is strong but remember that he killed an ant that was weaker than the royal guards and that ovo (the guy kurapica killed was the strongest member of the spiders and kurapica killed easily) i don't think that kurapica is stronger than netero so i don't think fei can kill the king as fei is weaker than ovo what do u think guys???
Old 2010-02-21, 21:12   Link #536
Xion Valkyrie

To even fight the king they'd have to have incredible defensive abilities, as the King could kill them instantly if they attempt to use any tricky kind of nen that takes a bit to setup.
Old 2010-02-21, 22:23   Link #537
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
fei is strong but remember that he killed an ant that was weaker than the royal guards and that ovo (the guy kurapica killed was the strongest member of the spiders and kurapica killed easily) i don't think that kurapica is stronger than netero so i don't think fei can kill the king as fei is weaker than ovo what do u think guys???
The spider Kuraprica killed is called Ubo, and Kuraprica has amazing nen abilities, but only against the spiders. He can utilize 100% of all nen groups, can heal himself AND constrict the opponents using the Jail and Judgement chains. This isn't DBZ or Bleach. "Stronger" or "weaker" is somewhat irrelevant. Even a weaker opponent could win easily if his Nen's properties work extremely well against the enemy he's facing. Remember the prophecy? Kuraprica was going to kill off half of the spiders by himself, and even Kuroro(according to Paku's prophecy). If Kuraprica could utilize his techniques against anyone, it's quite possible he could have defeated the King by inscribing a rule, and making him fail. But since he can't, well, it's possible he's even weaker than Gon or Killua in terms of overall strength against a non-Spider enemy.

And Fei is PHYSICALLY weaker than Ubo, but that's obviously because Ubo is of the Reinforcement. Still, Fei's ability uses some kind of revenge system; again, it's quite possible for him to take a vast amount of dmg from the King, and use it against him, damaging the King in the process. Of course, this is moot, cause no Spiders are going to show up. Gon MIGHT be able to contend with the King, since he's a Reinforcement type, and have his Jyaken, which seems to get stronger based on his resolve, but even then, I don't think he'd last long enough, as neither Shoot/Knuckle or Killua's Kanmaru could do anything against Yupi, and Yupi is just a royal guard. Unless the King is more dmgd than he's letting on, I don't see how any of the current chars here can hope do win.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 22:43   Link #538
FateAnomaly

There is no way that the King will be taken down by brute force at this point since even zero does not work. It going to take a special nen ability to stop him.

Let me venture a wild theory for a laugh. The dead girl is revived and gains a nen ability. The ability transport them to another dimension and to be free you have to beat her at the "chess" game. Although the King can win now, the girl has also improved so it always ends in a stalemate :P
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 00:19   Link #539
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
There is no way that the King will be taken down by brute force at this point since even zero does not work. It going to take a special nen ability to stop him.

Let me venture a wild theory for a laugh. The dead girl is revived and gains a nen ability. The ability transport them to another dimension and to be free you have to beat her at the "chess" game. Although the King can win now, the girl has also improved so it always ends in a stalemate :P
Reminds me of the whole Stargate SG-1 thing where Alma goes engages in an every lasting battle against Anubis. Could work though.
Old 2010-02-22, 00:43   Link #540
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

I think the reason why Netero said the King's name, is because the next skill that he is going to use, if he has one, will kill him. And since he doesn't know if this next attack will finish off King, he is getting the name out of the way. Though really, this is simply speculation. If Netero ends up losing/dying, I can only think of Gon killing the King. I think Gon's raw power (ie jajaken's rock) is the strongest out of the hunters, and possibly the only thing that can damage him.

And as much as I wish to see the Spiders in action, I'm not counting on it, seeing just how much actions they've gotten so far. And as long as they are not directly threatened, they have no reason to risk their lives fight against the King.

Seriously though, more than anything else, I just want regular chapters again. When that loooong haitus was over, I thought finally! and then realized that it was only wetting my no-longer-present appetite...

Tags
overpowered villain