AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-05, 00:14   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 727 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

It's that time once again, fellas! Credit goes to Redon from AP for the spoiler:

Quote:
- Toy soldier gives the flashback about how Doflamingo took the throne 10 years ago.
- Dolfamingo kidnapped the ships that took tribute from countries to the Celestial Dragons and threatened the World Government to be part of the Shichibukai.
- He threatened King Riku for 10 billion Berries for Dressrosa. King Riku didn't want a war. There's no wars for last 800 years in Dressrosa so he accepted.
- Dressrosa soldiers went to the town to collect money.
- But suddenly King Riku started attacking people and set fire to buildings with tears, he was controlled by Doflamingo. Soldiers also started attacking people later.
- "The timing that hero shows up is when people have fears and hate King Riku." Doflamingo said to Trébol, Diamante and Pica.​

​End of chapter.​

So basically, Dofla pulled something similar to Crocodile's Alabasta plot, but actually succeeded in stealing the king's throne! I also find that thing about him threatening the WG to make him a warlord very interesting. My guess is that the only reason they didn't send any admirals after him was because they were already aware that he's a noble descendant himself......
Old 2013-11-05, 01:12   Link #2
JonSnow

According to the translation, XDrake was the guy that beat the crap out of Caribou. That takes care of all the doubts then
Old 2013-11-05, 01:15   Link #3
Rainbowman

No surprise how Doflamingo arranged this setup. And the World Government made him a warlord out of fear.
Old 2013-11-05, 01:26   Link #4
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
According to the translation, XDrake was the guy that beat the crap out of Caribou. That takes care of all the doubts then
Was there really any real doubt?
Old 2013-11-05, 04:48   Link #5
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Not confirmed yet.
Old 2013-11-05, 18:56   Link #6
Dany Rangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Was there really any real doubt?
Yes. We could not get a good look at the Dinosaur and their was some decent arguments on the possibility that it was not Drake. Seems it really was.
Old 2013-11-05, 19:28   Link #7
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dany Rangel View Post
Yes. We could not get a good look at the Dinosaur and their was some decent arguments on the possibility that it was not Drake. Seems it really was.
Look was just one argument brought up. There were many more actually . Like how it could be an artificial zoan fruit user or how people drew their own Photoshop drawings of who that guy was earlier ( Aokiji on his bird) and every was wrong( people claimed it was many different things with their drawings). And much more.

The possibility of him being Drake was never denied by me personally but i was leaning more on he isn't drake theory. But we shall see when it is confirmed.
Old 2013-11-05, 22:07   Link #8
Dany Rangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Look was just one argument brought up. There were many more actually . Like how it could be an artificial zoan fruit user or how people drew their own Photoshop drawings of who that guy was earlier ( Aokiji on his bird) and every was wrong( people claimed it was many different things with their drawings). And much more.

The possibility of him being Drake was never denied by me personally but i was leaning more on he isn't drake theory. But we shall see when it is confirmed.
I agree. Their was more argumentsI didn't see would I would call many though. More like a few.

What is that about "people drew their own Photoshop drawings of who that guy was earlier(Aokiji on his bird) and every was wrong(people claimed it was many different things with their drawings). And much more"?.I didn't understand you.

I believe it has already been confirmed by Ishuhui that it was Drake.Let's wait for the chapter now to see if his confirmation is true.

Last edited by Dany Rangel; 2013-11-05 at 22:35.
Old 2013-11-06, 00:24   Link #9
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dany Rangel View Post
I agree. Their was more argumentsI didn't see would I would call many though. More like a few.

What is that about "people drew their own Photoshop drawings of who that guy was earlier(Aokiji on his bird) and every was wrong(people claimed it was many different things with their drawings). And much more"?.I didn't understand you.

I believe it has already been confirmed by Ishuhui that it was Drake.Let's wait for the chapter now to see if his confirmation is true.

Before Aokiji was confirmed earlier, there was a intense argument/debate as who it was. Then people were making their own colored version of the pic and making it look as what they wanted it to be ( Like some one with a hat on a boat, ...) .

When we saw what it was, it was completely different than what it really was ( Aokiji on his beard).

My point is people had really interesting imagination in making out what that pic was same as this new pic.
----

Also about him being Xdrake or not, in the spoilers it was said it was Xdrake or one of the Drake Pirates . We have to wait for it to be confirmed. Also Spoilers aren't always accurate ( though pretty accurate majority of time).
Old 2013-11-06, 01:31   Link #10
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Not confirmed yet.

Uh, yes it has. Fresh from Aohige's (currently ongoing) summary of the raw:

Quote:
Chapter 727 "Hero awaits"
Caribou is beaten, and is being dragged by X Drake (human form)
All opposition has been defeated..

And that, as they say, is that.

Edit: BTW, having looked at the raw myself, I can personally also confirm that it's X Drake. But putting that aside..... damn, Dofla wasn't just controlling the king, but his ENTIRE FREAKING ARMY with his strings! Dude's power is really no joke.....

Last edited by marvelB; 2013-11-06 at 02:40.
Old 2013-11-06, 03:10   Link #11
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Uh, yes it has. Fresh from Aohige's (currently ongoing) summary of the raw:

And that, as they say, is that.

Edit: BTW, having looked at the raw myself, I can personally also confirm that it's X Drake. But putting that aside..... damn, Dofla wasn't just controlling the king, but his ENTIRE FREAKING ARMY with his strings! Dude's power is really no joke.....
Yup. Now confirmed. It wasn't confirmed before now though .
Old 2013-11-06, 05:07   Link #12
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Not the most satisfying of One Piece chapters as they go, but man, was that chapter brutal.
Old 2013-11-06, 05:31   Link #13
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
There were no decent arguments.

Quote:
IIRC the OP world didn't know the video technology until we came to Impel Down. It makes sense for this prison to be the first to get this important tech and the next appearance of the video snails was the Marineford war/Ace's execution, which also makes sense since it's an event of global scale.
But suddenly we are told, that the technology was already available ten years ago, in a relatively poor kingdom? IMHO this doesn't add up.

Then there is another thing which worries me: This chapter said, that the country was without wars for 800 years. So why did the soldiers even have weapons?
1) Where was it said that video technology did not exist anywhere else?

2) Just because a country is peaceful and has been peace for a while doesn't mean there is no need for an army. Who is keeping the peace if not the army? And why wouldn't soldiers have weapons?

Australia hasn't been at war for a while and they still have a standing army. In fact Switzerland hasn't been at war with anyone for a couple of hundreds of years and they have mandatory conscription for their citizens, in order to deter others from attacking them.
Old 2013-11-06, 05:38   Link #14
Archaeon

Doflamingo is evil and cunning but that's what make him interesting character.

Him and Law are my favorite shichibukai.
Old 2013-11-06, 05:42   Link #15
J4n1

Every nation has an army within it's borders, either its own or of someone else.
To paraphrase a quote from some old politician i can't remember a name of.
Old 2013-11-06, 06:08   Link #16
Casshern

Now I hate Dofla
Old 2013-11-06, 06:24   Link #17
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
It wasn't explicitly stated, that the technology didn't exist, but it wasn't stated that it exists either.
Fact is we (the readers and with them the main characters) never encountered this specific technology, even in situations where it could have been of use.

For example after the Alabasta-Arc: Why did the royal family (Vivi and her father) address their people with an audio-transmission only?
If a poor kingdom had video transmission 10 years ago, then a rich kingdom like Alabasta should have it in the present as well.
I am thinking something new Oda thought about. But i get what you mean .
Old 2013-11-06, 06:31   Link #18
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Holy hell...this chapter was heart-wrenching and brutal. Man, Donfla is really beyond just an evil bastard...
Old 2013-11-06, 06:46   Link #19
Veviticus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
The other thing is the colliseum: From what we know, the tradition of the Gladiators seems to be older than Doflamingo's reign (Kyros is supposed to have resigned 20 years ago). But the speech of the king in this chapter ("humans shouldn't kill each other") doesn't sound like he would permit a barbarian thing like the colliseum in his kingdom.
At the end of chapter 720, they said up until 10 years ago, the gladiator fights were not about killing each other. It was probably for testing your strength. Doflamingo changed all that.
Old 2013-11-06, 06:59   Link #20
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I think Doflamingo is by far the cruelest villain in One Piece....
I hate him....

destroying a country like that...
very horrible
but what's the connection with Monet? why she is mentioned while she didn't took part in the past?
Closed Thread