Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-05-17, 09:42   Link #1401
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

posted from my phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I wouldn't expect for a full frontal fan service for lily. That's pushing the line for her character. It would just be too much to ask. Panchira shots are enough for me. And if they would really do a total fanservice shots for us. Then that would be awesome though I wouldn't expect it and it's not really fine for me if they would do that just to promote the anime and in exchange ruin it's image.
Well that shouldn't be expected. Just a swimsuit by itself isn't even much, considering the 3 girls at the beach weren't oversexed, just really cute, which would have worked for Lily's body size and defiance. I'm not even looking for Lily to strip down because, well, that wouldn't make sense considering the aforementioned girls in my previous post fall into that debate I waged for Chu Bra, that they weren't blatant fanservice, but rather tied to the flow.

But how are we supposed to know Lily's character when, you know, we don't even see her much. If you ask me, considering Eiko's progress from outsider to nude bather, I'd say she deserves the spot in the ED instead of Lily

Of course they can slap me with more Lily than I can handle in the upcoming eps, so maybe I'll pull an Etou and have Lily's final words of ep 06 play on repeat on my iPod Shuffle.

And meine gott, we've reached 1400 posts already. I need to start archiving now
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 10:49   Link #1402
tsunade666

chubra? your really lolitorn

Well as for lily. From the past episodes even if its really rare. Her character is like the uptight student council president and the one who's too strong and really care for her status and all..... really hard to explain but to me her chara is not the one for laughs and for fanservice type. So I think a pantsu shot is enough already and would be fit for her chara though I would be surprised if it turn realyl upside down chara deep inside.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 12:01   Link #1403
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Count me as another person who wants more Lily. She's my favourite girl after Korone, her lack of screentime compared the other girls so far is just sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Of course they can slap me with more Lily than I can handle in the upcoming eps, so maybe I'll pull an Etou and have Lily's final words of ep 06 play on repeat on my iPod Shuffle.
I hope this is what is going to happen. I mean, they can't just get my hopes by putting her in the ED and not develop her!
Old 2010-05-17, 15:27   Link #1404
tsunade666

additional info
Spoiler for don't read this:

Question about kanji
is the kanji for student government, student association and student council all different? or they could be transalted the same? I was confused on the student government and student council or association.

Lily is student president right? what are they call? student council or association? though I think they are called student council.... now I'm confused on things.

EDIT:
I want more lily and eiko or rather I miss eiko already.

next episode would be the time for the hero to shine

Last edited by tsunade666; 2010-05-17 at 16:09.
Old 2010-05-17, 20:05   Link #1405
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
I want more lily and eiko or rather I miss eiko already.

next episode would be the time for the hero to shine
Bleh, more Heroshi? Well, there goes my excitement level for the next episode...Maybe I'm just too used to the average harem anime with more focus on the girls and the male best friend being relegated to the background, whose role is only as comic relief, but I much prefer more Eiko and Lily rather than Heroshi. Seriously, there's still a lot of mystery surrounding the two of them, and we're not exactly clear on the background of the other girls either.

It's nice that we got some character development for Heroshi's, but hopefully he won't go too much emo/whiny (we got a lot of that already in the regular superhero comics) and be done by next episode to make way for more of Lily and the other girls...
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 20:40   Link #1406
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Wow, is it me or the animation budget seems to keep going up during these fights?

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 21:38   Link #1407
Kenn
Stomp

The art during the scene between Mr. X and Sai was a bit odd to me. The super buff Sai was a bit too much for me. And that hero suit <_<"

Is Korone keeping that one piece?

http://k625.blogspot.com/ - Kenn's blog of random everythings
Kenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 22:28   Link #1408
mangatron

More like is she keeping the rest of her clothes she's been wearing. I say, she's been wearing more different types of clothes as Lily doesn't

@Saturn Beaver:

lol Heroshi
Old 2010-05-18, 00:26   Link #1409
tsunade666

why was you people so against HEROSHI? I know the anime version looks lame, color lame, the custume makes him more lame..... though I think he should be cooler it's just the anime makes him more lame........................................lame.

Give more credit for the hero. His THE HERO!!!!

If theirs a maou, their should be a hero.

And we got tons of girls and fan service for the Maou. Let's give sometime for the not so confident hero before that turn into LameO hero to have his center stage.
Old 2010-05-18, 00:34   Link #1410
mangatron

Well I got no problem with Heroshi, it's just I suddenly remembered the fun days I had beating the Megaman Battle Network series on the GBA. Because I still avoided Red Sun/Blue Moon to this day

Now considering his last moments of episode 07, is he bad or good, hmm, it did look like he isn't exactly noble. So.... I say who cares, where my Eiko. Need my Eiko. Eiko. EIKOOOOOO!
Old 2010-05-18, 00:53   Link #1411
ReddyRedWolf

For those who read Zetman you'll see some paraallels with Hiroshi and Akuto.

Akuto by birth has a destiny like Zet. Hiroshi is powerless and has to wear a costume to achieve strength like Kouga.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-18, 01:01   Link #1412
tsunade666

I haven't encountered Zetman yet.... is it a sentai? manga? or anime?

as for lolieikotron is loosing his sanity already because the anime's had been skipping on showing his eiko. poor guy........

As for megamanbattle network.... haven't played it yet though I love playing megaman

Sooo what's so lame about heroshi? aside from the lame outline of his custome that the anime make?
Old 2010-05-18, 02:28   Link #1413
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
I haven't encountered Zetman yet.... is it a sentai? manga? or anime?
Seinen manga from the mangaka of I"s and DNA2. Originally a one shot turned to a series.

Zetman has two protagonists Jin and Kouga. Anti-hero and hero wannabee respectively.

Jin Kanzaki aka Zet can transform to a mutant-like Batman. Created to destroy genetically engineered monsters called Players. But his creator took him and tried to raise him as a normal boy. Evetually he grew up and chose to fight as he is trapped by circumstance. But like Spiderman he wants to live a normal life.

Kouga Amagi on the other hand think of him as a powerless Heroes' Hiro Nakamura, in fact he was referenced in Hiro's blog. Who wants to be a hero and not be just some rich kid. Eventually he wears an power suit armor resembling an anime character of his childhood.
Old 2010-05-18, 02:49   Link #1414
mangatron

posted from my phone

Quote:
as for lolieikotron is loosing his sanity already because the anime's had been skipping on showing his eiko. poor guy........

I'm starting to have an urge to place her back in my sig, but I look at my current sig and think "Lily has it worse". I am now at a crossroad

Quote:
As for megamanbattle network.... haven't played it yet though I love playing megaman
Ah, I see. The reason why I relate Hiroshi to Megaman Battle Network is because he looks just like Megaman, blue, visor helmet, basically him just dimensionalizing with D-13, lots of similarities. Or I could say Hiroshi looks like the newest Megaman series in that linup, Megaman Starforce.

Quote:
Sooo what's so lame about heroshi? aside from the lame outline of his custome that the anime make?
Well I don't really find anything lame about him, aside from me laughing to myself remembering Megaman, I had a hell of a weekend that went a little something like this:

-The wireless carrier that I use nerfed their High Speed Data access (that I use for internet).
-Earlier that week, the manga "Kimi no Iru Machi" had a hilariously similar scene of when Hiroshi told Sai "I was saved by Brave". From the reader's reactions in the thread here in this forum I'd say they wouldn"t have liked Hiroshi either.
-I was generally upset at my lack of internet at times (remember I jumped into this thread late when episode 07 aired, it was because of my internet), so I thought I'd take my frustrations out on Hiroshi

I see it this way: Sai really knows Brave is Hiroshi because of the following events:

-Thank Yukiko for telling everybody Hiroshi is practically destined to be the Hero.
-When Mister X flat out confessed to "killing Hiroshi" Sai would naturally think he's dead.
-Pretty much everyone saw Brave announce his existence to the world, so it'd be natural for Sai to think "Oh, so Hiroshi was the Hero after all".

This is where the Kimi no Iru Machi happened. Brave flies off, and Sai basically breathes a sigh of relief thinking Hiroshi is ok, but Hiroshi appears out of nowhere and proceeds to tell Sai "Brave saved me". Hence the confused look on Sai's face, like "Why lie to me?" or a "why the facade". This is probably where I started to hate Hiroshi, which for Kimi no Iru Machi ch89, I laughed because everyone saw it coming. But for this episode, I said "what?" followed by a "Why?". Why lie to Sai? Why say that at all? I naturally thought nothing good is going to come out of this, so it's either Hiroshi has to pay for lying or he better have a really good reason for taking up Eiko's and Lily's screen time
Old 2010-05-18, 03:29   Link #1415
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Seinen manga from the mangaka of I"s and DNA2. Originally a one shot turned to a series.

Zetman has two protagonists Jin and Kouga. Anti-hero and hero wannabee respectively.
When I look up at the manga updates I saw 2 zetman. one is the one shot for zetman 1994 and the second is just zetman which is adapted from zetman but the drawings are totally different and I don't know if the story is the same.

I will check it later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
I'm starting to have an urge to place her back in my sig, but I look at my current sig and think "Lily has it worse". I am now at a crossroad
if you ask me, Eiko would be had the worse because I haven't heard a thing about her on the next volumes of novel compared to Lily which will take the center stage... I hope they would show it on the next episode.

[quote]
Ah, I see. The reason why I relate Hiroshi to Megaman Battle Network is because he looks just like Megaman, blue, visor helmet, basically him just dimensionalizing with D-13, lots of similarities. Or I could say Hiroshi looks like the newest Megaman series in that linup, Megaman Starforce.
[quote]

I had played rockman 1-8 then I hade played megaman x 1-8. I totally love that game. though after megaman x 8. I hadn't played the others because I don't have the unit and I like playing the style of going from stage to stage and beating up to boss to acquire a new weapon + a new armor.

Though if you hadn't had a good look at the armor of hiroshi or his D-13 form.

Quote:
Well I don't really find anything lame about him, aside from me laughing to myself remembering Megaman, I had a hell of a weekend that went a little something like this:

-The wireless carrier that I use nerfed their High Speed Data access (that I use for internet).
-Earlier that week, the manga "Kimi no Iru Machi" had a hilariously similar scene of when Hiroshi told Sai "I was saved by Brave". From the reader's reactions in the thread here in this forum I'd say they wouldn"t have liked Hiroshi either.
-I was generally upset at my lack of internet at times (remember I jumped into this thread late when episode 07 aired, it was because of my internet), so I thought I'd take my frustrations out on Hiroshi

I see it this way: Sai really knows Brave is Hiroshi because of the following events:

-Thank Yukiko for telling everybody Hiroshi is practically destined to be the Hero.
-When Mister X flat out confessed to "killing Hiroshi" Sai would naturally think he's dead.
-Pretty much everyone saw Brave announce his existence to the world, so it'd be natural for Sai to think "Oh, so Hiroshi was the Hero after all".

This is where the Kimi no Iru Machi happened. Brave flies off, and Sai basically breathes a sigh of relief thinking Hiroshi is ok, but Hiroshi appears out of nowhere and proceeds to tell Sai "Brave saved me". Hence the confused look on Sai's face, like "Why lie to me?" or a "why the facade". This is probably where I started to hate Hiroshi, which for Kimi no Iru Machi ch89, I laughed because everyone saw it coming. But for this episode, I said "what?" followed by a "Why?". Why lie to Sai? Why say that at all? I naturally thought nothing good is going to come out of this, so it's either Hiroshi has to pay for lying or he better have a really good reason for taking up Eiko's and Lily's screen time
I haven't read Kimi no Iru Machi...no I tried to read it because I had read his previews works Suzuka.... but the story and the character is almost the same that lead me on dropping it at early stage... I think chapter 3. I would think up of reading again when I had a chance but I was traumatized when I also look at his princess lucia..... it's the same though others said he works like magic but I can't understand it. hehehe

As for the Heroshi's work.

For me I think Sai realized that it's Heroshi when they crossed fist or rather he finally confirmed it when they cross their fist. And as for hiding it on Sai... well it looks bad and the same time good for me. Bad well you hide your identify on your friend or rather best friedn and good because I think he wants to stay on the same ground or finally Heroshi is having a backbone for himself. Having confidence on his own. His not your wimpy that always say because "your strong you don't understand my feelings" and all the crap of excuse that Heroshi said before.

It's not entirely bad when he also seeks power because he doesn't have one. And being destined to become a hero. Isn't that bigger problem or responsibility than being a Maou? because I think Heroshi is having more trouble than Sai could ever get. He needs to fight his best friend! the MAOU! which he look up to because Sai believe that you could change your destiny. As for HEROSHI!!! he was swallowed by destiny but he choose it himself as not being swayed by destiny , he took it himself. As not being pushed by others but as himself. He tried to run away from destiny of becoming a hero before but when his sisters and friends are in trouble. He then took on the mantle of being a hero.

The novel had a good explanation on this than the anime..... In the novel even with his Hero suit he still think his weak and scared even though he confront that CMOS8 or anything and even save the town.

Even with the power his still the same old Hiroshi. And without the suit, his not your HEROSHI!!!

I think that's why he hides his identity to sai because he wants to be view as himself and as hiroshi while he isn't in his HEROSHI form. And while in HEROSHI form. His the ally of justice and would even fight his best friend if he defend a MR. aXnnoying perverted basta^^

Trust me they should have expanded the story of HEROSHI. Because they make him look lame at the anime which I think he shouldn't be.

Spoiler for KORONE and HEROSHI:

A lesson from Korone when camping out " be sure to bring your bulletproof mantle "

Korone is just priceless on Sai's harem

EDIT: Heroshi needs to do something on his suit to recharge it LOL
Old 2010-05-18, 03:31   Link #1416
ReddyRedWolf

Thing is does Hiroshi want to be the Hero? As he said he didn't want the responsibility as in contrast to Akuto not wanting to be Maou.

Hence he got attracted to Akuto's fight against fate speech.

Besides if people in the Academy starts calling him a hero they'll pressure him to fight Akuto. Akuto who Hiroshi knows is a good guy.
Old 2010-05-18, 03:35   Link #1417
tsunade666

plus HEROSHI would be force to fight other people other than his bestfriend.

Though I think his hero material or rather your typical hero. He doesn't want to fight but his force to fight.
Old 2010-05-18, 05:37   Link #1418
mangatron

posted from my phone

Well, it would seem like he wanted to be a Hero. I mean he went to the shrine, with the full intent to get that power, he seems to really care about Yukiko, who has the brightest of aspirations in wanting her brother to be the Hero, we already knew that his parents/friends of parents know he was destined to be the Hero, so it's not exactly a secret, as for school, it would seem like Torii-sensei is keeping that a secret so it would appear that outside of the Hiroshi household no one knows, so.... I'd say he definitely wanted, you could say, what was rightfully his.

Remember when he was sinking into the watery abyss, he said he pretty much ran out of options running from his fate. Some of us FPS players would say "he got tired of life" and so he buttoned up and faced his destiny. And, he was well prepared to fight people like X because he wanted that power to protect the islanders and keeping X around would be detrimental to his cause.

I don't think Sai would smash his head in (sadly ). It's just not like him, and if he had to fight Brave, it would probably end up like how Sai defeated X, who was using anti-mage techniques. Seeing as how X still lives I'd say Hiroshi would too, supposing Sai does end up fighting, or unless Hiroshi goes nuclear

Wait a minute...what am I thinking...I had it with talking about Hiroshi! Where's Fujiko! Did anyone realize her school uniform is rather unique? I mean, she got a sleeveless uniform! The cape is ruining that awesomeness
Old 2010-05-18, 06:31   Link #1419
tsunade666

well fujiko is a witch and isn't it more fitting than her "Maou queen" attire the whole male student would die of blood lost and the girls would go crazy.

Well hiroshi doesn't have a choice back then just like what you said of him running out of options. So hiroshi turn into heroshi. And while his heroshi, even if it's sai he would figth it so he needs to turn from heroshi to hiroshi to stay by sai side.

we would get more fan service from fujike nee sama next episode so I wouldn't be too excited about her I would love to see more eiko-tan.
Old 2010-05-18, 07:20   Link #1420
mangatron

Quote:
well fujiko is a witch and isn't it more fitting than her "Maou queen" attire the whole male student would die of blood lost and the girls would go crazy.
Well now I really want to see the other girls wear sleeveless uniforms. I think it would look best for Eiko-chan though. Speaking of which, why is Fujiko the only one with those... which I find funny, because there seems to be 3 levels of uniform. Long sleeve (Lily, Keena), short sleeve (Korone, Junko), and of course Fujiko with no sleeves. Heh...

Quote:
Well hiroshi doesn't have a choice back then just like what you said of him running out of options. So hiroshi turn into heroshi. And while his heroshi, even if it's sai he would figth it so he needs to turn from heroshi to hiroshi to stay by sai side.

we would get more fan service from fujike nee sama next episode so I wouldn't be too excited about her I would love to see more eiko-tan.
Well I think Heroshi is perfectly sane as Hiroshi, he doesn't seem to have, say, multiple personalities it's that creepy smile he gave Sai at the end of ep 07, where he was like "Yeah, I'm Brave" or something like that. It kind of looked like a "don't worry, my secret is safe with me" thing, considering Yukiko wasn't all "Oniichan is a Hero!", so maybe he is doing a good job of fooling everyone else other than Sai.

Speaking of which, where are the viewers of the uncensored version. I'm hoping they get in on the convo so that I can move ahead with my 4koma, I don't want either conversation to overlap the other

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, shounen