AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-07-12, 18:57   Link #61
runpsicat
Engrishator
*Fansubber

Ugh, was trying to stay up to watch it last night but the stupid soccer match got extended and I had to crash . I hope the second delay didn't mess up any of the cappers' recordings...
Old 2007-07-12, 20:41   Link #62
striderm
Adusa #1

Woo I'll let you guys know what I thought in a lil while.
striderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 20:49   Link #63
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

epi 1
Spoiler:
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 21:29   Link #64
striderm
Adusa #1

Ok so looking at the cast list they have, they've set up some wonderful seiyuu.

Spoiler:

This story is about Zashiki Warashi.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zashiki-warashi
Old 2007-07-12, 21:39   Link #65
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I hope someone subs this show ... and I hope that it's either Lunar, gg, or A-F, or any other sub-groups that sub with consistency and quality. ^^;;
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 22:49   Link #66
striderm
Adusa #1

Yeah, would like to see gg do this. Hope they'd be on board.
Old 2007-07-13, 00:48   Link #67
Snoop'

Quote:
Yeah, would like to see gg do this. Hope they'd be on board.
Um, I don't want to be rude, but gg's subs of Ayakashi had quite a few translation errors (although their .pdf release notes were instructive)...

I was worried when I saw Japanese blogs cursing the soccer match last night, but it seems that the raw is out. I have the feeling that I won't stay very late at work today...
Snoop' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 01:14   Link #68
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Uniquely beautiful. Liked the story. Good voices, especially Sakurai Takahiro (the medicine-seller) and Tanaka Rie (the main woman) for me. Some great atmospherics, especially climbing those stairs. But the tone of some bits didn't work for me, and some of the faces. Loved the insect pattern on the wall of that one room. Loved the umbrellas. Loved the lushness. And the parchment. And the rain.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 01:21   Link #69
wao
OK.

If Ani-Kraze does this I'll be MOST happy. And I bloody woke up late so I didn't get to catch the airing even at 4-5am my time so I can only watch it now... but I did watch the first 8 minutes of it and was thoroughly bowled over as usual.

I would dare to say it really is the best show of the season by far, period - for me, anyway. MORE PEOPLE NEED TO WATCH THIS (if the quality continues)

P.S. Noteworthy animators for this episode:

Tatsuzou Nishida (a younger Toei animator who's done some very promising animation), Takaaki Yamashita (very established [largely Toei?] guy, has worked on many of Mamoru Hosoda's films, also appeared in Coil), Takashi Hashimoto (Character designer for the series; largely an excellent effects animation guru), and if I'm not wrong there's Masahiko Kubo as well - I think it's the same guy who did the mech designs and some great animation + animation directing in Tekkon Kinkreet.

Last edited by wao; 2007-07-13 at 01:32.
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 01:56   Link #70
Snoop'

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
If Ani-Kraze does this I'll be MOST happy.
As an AKraze fanboy, I'll be more than most happy if they subbed the show.

Meanwhile, the torrent was completed just before I left for work... Wondered for a split of second if I should, say, watch at least the OP, but I heroically resisted the temptation. I hope I won't be dispappointed this evening...
Old 2007-07-13, 02:41   Link #71
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I'm a fanboy of AKraze, too. I wish they would do this, but they already have Seirei no Moribito, which I'll be watching later on so ... ¬.¬
Old 2007-07-13, 02:52   Link #72
wao
OK.

Yeah, so the first episode was really great after all. I do think it wasn't as good as Bakeneko's first episode but it was pretty darn good in itself, and while the first half and a leeetle bit of the second half might have felt like it was being a little too... pretentious? I didn't mind it at all, and although the "kuru kuru kuru" line felt like it was trying too hard I immediately laughed right after that with the "guru guru guru" - I totally didn't expect that! Got more than a few chuckles out of me; while it might have felt a bit weird IMO it felt like it was reminding the viewers that not everything is to be taken dreadfully seriously.
Old 2007-07-13, 11:58   Link #73
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Subs: the Who Subs What? wiki says a group called "Black-Sheep" plans to do this show.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 17:02   Link #74
Snoop'

Just watched ep.1 twice.
It was intoxicating.

Spoiler for ep.1:
Old 2007-07-13, 22:43   Link #75
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

¬.¬

Lucky bastards who understand Japanese.

¬.¬
Old 2007-07-13, 23:07   Link #76
gaguri

I feel your pain -__-

Look at those screenshots. This show is going to be a blast, I can already feel it.
gaguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-14, 05:46   Link #77
Siegel Clyne

Mononoke Episode 1 TV Audience Rating - Kantou Region, Japan

Due to the 2007 FIFA Under-20 World Cup football (soccer) game between Japan and the Czech Republic which went into extra time, the first episode of Mononoke began airing almost three hours later than usual (12:45am) in the Kantou region of Japan.

Friday, July 13, 2007
1.6% Fuji TV 3:25am Noitamina "Mononoke" (new program)
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-14, 09:23   Link #78
wao
OK.

Oh my god.

Kazuhiro Furuhashi is storyboarding the whole of the next arc.

Am I going to survive this year without a real heart attack by the end of it? Seriously? I think I'm going mad. ( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/ \
Old 2007-07-16, 09:53   Link #79
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Anyone have screens or find a blog that has screens from epi 1? I want to make icons and I cant find any <_< I couldnt take screens on my mpc since it kept lagging.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-16, 10:30   Link #80
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Kazuhiro Furuhashi is storyboarding the whole of the next arc.
So we can expect the episode 2 to be filled with uberly cutesy thingy or an uberly exciting episode that is filled with those adrenaline pumping action scenes? Looking forward to it.

As for the episode, since the animated movement won't be made an issue to the series with 1D drawing to boot, I suppose the show can concentrate on the story telling more than any typical shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Anyone have screens or find a blog that has screens from epi 1? I want to make icons and I cant find any <_< I couldnt take screens on my mpc since it kept lagging.
Have any specific timeframes in mind?
monir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
noitamina, supernatural