AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-02-19, 00:41   Link #61
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ Start a fashion line?

WHEN THE TAILORS CRY
Old 2012-02-19, 11:55   Link #62
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomAvatarFan View Post
I'm on the fence on this. If DEEN does any more of Ryukishi's works, they better do it correctly (or if they do any other adaption of anything for that matter) and give it love.
I don't think DEEN gets as much credit as they deserve. I think their adaptation of Higurashi was quite good. Sure, they cut out a lot of important parts, but it's important to remember that anime is a visual medium. It wouldn't make sense to have long sections where not much happens. Otherwise you end up like Fate/zero episode one with characters just walking around and around in circles!

As for Umineko, the story is already incredibly difficult to adapt into visual form. The VNs relied on the reader being able to read the characters' thoughts, which isn't always possible in an anime. Elements such as red truth is also difficult, and I think it's reasonable to have stuff like red text flying around. Of course, the Umineko is indeed filled with animation errors. But I'll give DEEN the benefit of the doubt and assume they were short on time and money. Indeed, good-quality anime is difficult to produce. It's quite common for anime to contain various errors in the TV broadcast. However, these errors are usually fixed in the DVD release, which was unfortunately not the case for Umineko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomAvatarFan View Post
Plus we've only seen a few out of the 50,000 characters. :P Hmm... actually wasn't Higurashi's main cast seven characters?
Hmmm... Keiichi, Rena, Mion, Shion, Rika, Satoko, Hanyuu... How about Ooishi, Tomitake, etc.?
Old 2012-02-19, 12:12   Link #63
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yirba View Post
Elements such as red truth is also difficult, and I think it's reasonable to have stuff like red text flying around.
Aside from animation quality, I'd expected them to give at least the bare minimum of hints to solve the mystery - the red truths. The EP4 Tea Party was horribly mutilated, and so were many other occasions, like the EVA-Beatrice trial. But let's get back on track.

The latest character artwork clearly denoted a western style, but the very first girl he made public wears more of a kimono as I see her. What shall we make of it? (yes, it's wild speculation before Ryukishi's revelations on Feb 26th)
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 17:51   Link #64
RandomAvatarFan

Quote:
^ Start a fashion line?

WHEN THE TAILORS CRY
You know if it had the Anti-Rosa label, you'd buy it. And imagine if you could go to the premiere fashion place, and found a silk gown that resembles Beato's. I'm a guy and I'm drooling.

Quote:
The latest character artwork clearly denoted a western style, but the very first girl he made public wears more of a kimono as I see her. What shall we make of it? (yes, it's wild speculation before Ryukishi's revelations on Feb 26th)
Let's start jumping to conclusions (Remember when Erika's portrait was released, and all the attempts at naming her?)

I hearby name kimono girl Kaitlyn, a girl with European descent whose parents moved and raised her in Japan, and then left to discover her heritage. She wears a kimono because she has only just arrived in the new setting from her village somewhere out in the countryside.

There. Problem solved.

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
RandomAvatarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 13:42   Link #65
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yirba View Post
I don't think DEEN gets as much credit as they deserve. I think their adaptation of Higurashi was quite good. Sure, they cut out a lot of important parts, but it's important to remember that anime is a visual medium. It wouldn't make sense to have long sections where not much happens. Otherwise you end up like Fate/zero episode one with characters just walking around and around in circles!
Sir, thats what is called talking heads.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-23, 14:17   Link #66
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Sir, thats what is called talking heads.
Hmmm, I suppose. I don't think it quite suits Higurashi or Umineko, though.
Old 2012-02-24, 12:52   Link #67
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Another piece of concept art:

Further details on Rose Guns Days to be revealed in two days!
Old 2012-02-24, 13:09   Link #68
Miraluka
Banned

Chinesse Mafia, the quiet guy always gives the best fight.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 06:02   Link #69
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Here it comes! Website updated!!!
http://07th-expansion.net/rose/Main.htm

The plot looks promising (not in the mood to translate everything, sorry, it basically tells of the meeting between Leo and Rose in ruined post-WW2 Japan, in the middle of rebuilding, in the spring of 1947).
Can't wait to see what Ryukishi07 can pull off with historical fiction.

edit: oh, and the trailer movie will be released on May 5th.

Last edited by RedKey; 2012-02-26 at 06:44.
Old 2012-02-26, 06:54   Link #70
HasuMasu
*Artist

Post-WWII Japan? Sign me up for this.
Old 2012-02-26, 07:04   Link #71
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Male character's design is different from the norm, will take some getting used to..
Old 2012-02-26, 09:43   Link #72
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Since it has been "more or less" implied in the website, I guess I can give a detail Ryukishi told to us, for those who are still curious: Rose Gun Days primary protagonist will be female (and due how he insisted it, Higanbana case is not really counted).
So yeh, the perspective will be mainly from her, and not the male guy who has been introduced alongside.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2012-02-26 at 10:13.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 09:49   Link #73
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

So that's why the speech pattern in the characters' descriptions sounded feminine... I suppose it's Rose talking then. Although it could very well be the kimono girl that was first introduced, too. Interesting.
Old 2012-02-26, 09:57   Link #74
minagoroshi-hen

So wait, will they use Ryu's character designs or Suzuki Jiro's?
minagoroshi-hen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 11:21   Link #75
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Since it has been "more or less" implied in the website, I guess I can give a detail Ryukishi told to us, for those who are still curious: Rose Gun Days primary protagonist will be female (and due how he insisted it, Higanbana case is not really counted).
So yeh, the perspective will be mainly from her, and not the male guy who has been introduced alongside.
Hmmm... That's interesting. I think in the case of Higanbana, we don't especially see the story through the eyes of Higanbana, as such. Rather, in each chapter, we experience the story through a different student.

So I'm curious as to how this will play into the story.
Old 2012-02-26, 17:29   Link #76
legomaple

Can anyone translate the japanese for a none japanese speaker please?^^ I want to know the details!
legomaple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 18:00   Link #77
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Wow I really love the character design on his site! It is not generic or the usual.... >.> Very interested in this project *prays for Dai and ZTS music*
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 19:24   Link #78
Joly
モエカステル

Quote:
Originally Posted by minagoroshi-hen View Post
So wait, will they use Ryu's character designs or Suzuki Jiro's?
I think 07's just doing the sprite versions of the characters and photos. There's also two other character designers: Souichirou and Yaeko Ninagawa.
Joly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 20:41   Link #79
myopius

So if I understand the "story" section right... In our history, Germany surrendered in mid-1945 and Japan surrender months later to the US. But in Rose Guns Days, Japan had a natural disaster in 1944, maybe an earthquake, that ruined the entire archipelago, and made them unable to fight anymore, so China and the US occupied Japan. Within a few years, China and the US made Japan recover from the disaster, but due to the weird way that they "split up" Japan, there are "Chinatowns" and "Americatowns" all over Japan, and immigrants. And in spring of 1947, a "legendary man" met Rose and that's where everything began.

It seems to me like Ryuukishi wanted a semi-plausible historical context for Japan in which he could make things interesting according to the aspects of the world that his previous games have shown that he wants to explore. I understand why Ryuukishi's excited about his new setting, because I have high hopes for it just from hearing about it. BTW, I hope Ryuukishi goes with this other artist for his sprites.
myopius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 20:53   Link #80
Snow_Storm
Welcome to primetime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post

edit: oh, and the trailer movie will be released on May 5th.
Ha! My birthday!

Anyway, is it me or does Leo look like kinda like Battler?

Also, here's hoping they ain't using R07's art for the sprites.

Snow_Storm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ryukishi07, spoiler, visual novel