AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-21, 23:33   Link #1
StriderSX

Sgt. Keroro

just wondering if anyone reads the manga, and if its good? Also wondering if the anime follows the manga pretty closesly.
Old 2004-08-22, 03:21   Link #2
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Well. I've read the first volume of the manga. Haven't watched the anime tho. Personally, I thought it was hilarious, but that's just me. Artwork is decent, characters are quirky, and there's a lot of good comedy involved. I also thought that the character designs for the girls was really cute. People who've watched the anime tell me it's a little less ecchi than the manga (if you can really consider it ecchi-- there's barely any). It's worth the read, IMO. Check it out ^^
Old 2004-08-22, 06:54   Link #3
Kohei
Master Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by StriderSX
just wondering if anyone reads the manga, and if its good? Also wondering if the anime follows the manga pretty closesly.
I read the manga! I've read it to the 8th volume, and going to buy the 9th volume next month.
I think the anime has less parodies, just for legal reasons... so I think it's not as good as the manga.

btw, the game for PS2 is coming out on Sept. 30th
Old 2004-08-25, 01:59   Link #4
Kaka
罪人クロノ

have not read the manga
but the anime was funny ^_^
Old 2006-05-02, 21:32   Link #5
hoboselbow

I think Sgt. Keroro is awesome, I've only read the manga, but it's defintaly worth your while! The characters are portaried as funny, and up-beat. I defintaly suggest reading it if you haven't. Btw, can't wait till the game!
*lots of love*
*smile and nod*
Ciao!
-hoboselbow
Old 2006-05-02, 22:21   Link #6
astrotool

I read the manga(vol 1 -3) and then watched the anime. I thought the anime was great and did well to capture the puns in the manga.
Old 2006-08-11, 20:09   Link #7
cheez rocks
Junior Otaku

I read 1-8 of the magna, and watched up to ep. 15. the manga was way better than the anime because so much was cut from the manga to make the anime cleaner, and probably more legal. On the other hand, though, I'm glad I can watch the characters move in the action scenes, and it's probably a good thing they toned down Aki (the mom; she was constantly in the shower).
Closed Thread