AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-21, 07:42   Link #881
zettai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Like you, I don't see why any of them can object to what Chieri said, and the conversation between her and Nagisa in the bathroom doesn't clarify matters either. Chieri didn't even criticize Kanata's dancing and said she had a lot yet to learn from her senpais. Frankly I think the whole portrayal seems a bit sexist; it makes the reactions of the rest of the girls look stupid and over-emotional.

Did you ever watch Noein? Even six years ago Satelight was big on 3D. In that show the house of the main character was rendered in 3D, and it appeared in a number of episodes.

Just to be clear my objections were to the practice room session. I'm generally fine with the regular dance scenes like the one during the stage performance.
I did not whatch Noein, but i can see Satelight likes to use 3D, but when they use they make good use of 3D like in Macross Zero dogfights, but in the dance scenes 2D is clearly better than 3D. Even if they like 3D.

About Chieri, i agreed that the other girls was over reacting but, what she said was unnecessary, she made clear that the older ones should dance better when Kanata was in a bad day, that comment only make Kanata start to cry and end the dance practice.
zettai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 08:05   Link #882
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Like you, I don't see why any of them can object to what Chieri said, and the conversation between her and Nagisa in the bathroom doesn't clarify matters either. Chieri didn't even criticize Kanata's dancing and said she had a lot yet to learn from her senpais. Frankly I think the whole portrayal seems a bit sexist; it makes the reactions of the rest of the girls look stupid and over-emotional.
Chieri basically told Kanata, "You're supposed to be the senpai here. Get your damn act together," only not in so many words. She may have been right, but her tone was rather condescending, which is probably why Kanata ran out crying.
Old 2012-05-21, 09:52   Link #883
Midonin
Last Engage

AKB0048 04 - Well, Didn't See That Coming

Of all the people to be hit by the drama bomb first, I wasn't expecting it to be Sonata. Still, for our first episode set on Akibastar, and therefore the show's first real "regular" episode, it was pretty entertaining. I like that Suzuko's taken on the "Linda" moniker. For someone who doesn't speak much, little things like that show the personality beneath. Yuuko's awesome. I have this feeling that somewhere down the line, Sonata and Kanata will be an unbeatable singing pair. Even if one of them is cursed and the other underage. Siblings work better with each other than nearly anybody else, though I can see Nagisa/Chieri having an almost similar bond.

The wheels have begun to turn.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 10:39   Link #884
mochichan

Tho Chieri was kinda b*tchy with her statement to Kanata, I thought it wasn't out of character for her since she take this thing seriously
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 11:45   Link #885
ookamigirl

The cursed 75th generation's sad story.
Guess those two just didn't have good enough charisma.
Unlike them the newest generation set the crowds on fire.
The girls finally got some more permanent accommodations.
They sure have a lot of work ahead if they plan to be successors.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 13:00   Link #886
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Seems like Chieri is going to end up often playing the role of the bad guy and in exchange everyone else will take steps forward. Calling her a catalyst is pretty accurate since she doesn't exactly leave things in the status quo. Though do think in this case it wasn't all helpful and in part out of frustration in seeing herself in Kanata. The doubt has been there for a few episodes that while Nagisa does have the "Idol Aura" that she doesn't and without that she'll be stuck in that same position of not being able to to take a step forward no matter how skilled she is.

Of course if all that mattered was inherently born aura they could just make the second round an aura test and be done with it. Don't think either Kanata or Chieri are going to be stopped in place because of that. Though at this rate Chieri might get pushed off a cliff by everyone she's pissed off before she gets anywhere . Seems like when she hits her low point it'll have to be Nagisa that helps her since she isn't making friends and still isolating herself.

In the end the problem for Kanata was obviously mixed priorities. If she could prevent her desire for revenge from dominating her then she'd probably be able to make it. But if she doesn't care about the music it's probably going to be reflected subconsciously in the audience.
Old 2012-05-21, 13:03   Link #887
mochichan

the cursed generation is just their way of saying AKB isn't all sugar and sweet.
Situations like that happen with real AKB trainees. There's girls that has been the group for 4 yrs but can't stand out so they never made the top 21 ranking.

I wonder if this is their reference to the real AKB 8th gen. None of the girls from that gen made it because their mindset of joining AKB just to brag about it was considered poison for the younger girls, and was told to leave..

I was expecting Chieri to change after the last ep but I guess not...D:
maybe they need to throw her into another Modern Warfare training to build team works lol
Old 2012-05-21, 14:00   Link #888
sa547
*Author

This episode makes no bones that the attrition rate for the 75th-gen KKS depicted in the story is just as true as in real life, as well as fully acknowledging the harsh reality of the business, putting definitely it in the same category as elite military training, except for a few differences.

Spoiler for a few more...:

Well, from now on, Kanata will have to dance like she has to win.

Last edited by sa547; 2012-05-21 at 14:26.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 14:01   Link #889
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
I was expecting Chieri to change after the last ep but I guess not...D:
maybe they need to throw her into another Modern Warfare training to build team works lol
I'm beginning to think Cheiri's character development is one of the overall plot-lines of the story, so instead of sudden change, her growth will probably span the whole series. Oh, and there's also the mystery of why kirara followed her all this time still hanging on us. If I know my Okada Mari as I think I do, that will be revealed as one of the main plot points of the show.
Old 2012-05-21, 15:25   Link #890
mochichan

Yeah I got a feeling that Chieri and Nagisa are the 2 main, not just Nagisa so her development is likely to take couple of eps.
Chieri have potential, even the dance instructor pointed it out, so that's the most likely reason the Kirara followed her and they even called her the catalyst. So my interpretation is that in the group, they need someone to start the spark and incite them.

There's obviously going to be some flashback with Acchan. Maybe the graduated Acchan will make an appearance and help Nagisa rise to center or something.
But it's kinda a waste how they spend money on these top class seiyuus and give them like 2 lines per ep.....D:
Old 2012-05-21, 15:33   Link #891
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

<3 Chieri. No one does backhanded comments better than her

Love how she's probably the most talented of the group in terms of skill in combat and performance, but lacks what supposedly is the most crucial part that the show is emphasizing: teamwork. I don't doubt she'd get there, but I'm loving how they're slowly building up where she stands on focusing on becoming a successful successor for herself, or to be chummy with her friends.

Gotta give props to Satelight. If it's anyone who can seamlessly intertwine the story with songs, it would Kawamori. Heck, it's the main reason why I'm still watching this show despite having zero het shipping possibilities, which is saying something. Thoroughly enjoyed the songs, for sure.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 15:57   Link #892
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

You know, this is actually really good drama if I just blot out the weirder crap...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 16:14   Link #893
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Well in case I had forgotten I was watching an Okada anime that dance instructor was a nice reminder, that and the random wardrobe malfunction
I already like the 75th generation girls just for still being there and hanging on,gambate to both of them!
Chieri did indeed make quite a backhand comment but maybe that's what was needed to spark some fire.

Any idea on why they got rid of the center position?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
But it's kinda a waste how they spend money on these top class seiyuus and give them like 2 lines per ep.....D:
Well Seiyuu's are paid on a per line basis I think so they're not getting paid much as long as they don't have many lines.
Old 2012-05-21, 16:55   Link #894
mechdra

From what I observed in this episode, Kirara and the Sensei is the factor that determine if the girls could be an idol and a center. Looking at Kanata's situation. I kind of understand how Chieri feels. No matter how hard you work, you wil never be an idol if you don't shine or your song did notreach the fans' heart. Chieri is probably heading the same path as Kanata and she somehow give up herself despite her determination.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 16:59   Link #895
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
Chieri is probably heading the same path as Kanata and she somehow give up herself despite her determination.
She hasn't given up, and I don't think she thinks Kanata should give up either.
Old 2012-05-21, 17:08   Link #896
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Well in case I had forgotten I was watching an Okada anime that dance instructor was a nice reminder, that and the random wardrobe malfunction
I already like the 75th generation girls just for still being there and hanging on,gambate to both of them!
Chieri did indeed make quite a backhand comment but maybe that's what was needed to spark some fire.

Any idea on why they got rid of the center position?

Well Seiyuu's are paid on a per line basis I think so they're not getting paid much as long as they don't have many lines.
Probably because there's no one with potential to take on the center position after Acchan graduated and go off to do w/e I guess? I kinda thought Yuko was the center but I guess not. Or maybe it could be giving the trainees something to aim for.

I guess but it would be cool to have the experience seiyuus more in the anime or the senior members have more scenes. Maybe in the future eps

I wouldn't say Chieri is giving up..I think she realize what she's lacking but don't know how to change herself and she's more troubled because she doesn't fit into the group like the rest of the members

Last edited by mochichan; 2012-05-21 at 17:40.
Old 2012-05-21, 17:43   Link #897
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
...Well Seiyuu's are paid on a per line basis I think so they're not getting paid much as long as they don't have many lines.
I'm not sure, but what I've read is that anime seiyuus are paid per episode, and ero-game seiyuus are paid per word.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 18:16   Link #898
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I'm not sure, but what I've read is that anime seiyuus are paid per episode, and ero-game seiyuus are paid per word.
I don't think it's per word. Fairly sure it's per line. Per word makes no real sense in the context of Japanese

Also, I think I've read somewhere some of the more popular seiyuu like the ones who are voicing the current successors can get themselves a more lucrative package as opposed to a rate.

Id be surprised if the AKB girls doing the voices were getting paid at all.

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 18:18   Link #899
Dragoshi1
We need to upset people!

I love every VA at work here.

They're all unique sounding voices, but where I'm dangling on a line between "voices don't fit" to "these voices are adorable"

I also want to hope that that mysterious "God" is a Dragon.
Dragoshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 18:33   Link #900
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

The only one that bugs me is Nagisa's voice actor. She sounds 99% similar to Nakajima Megumi.

Also, I have no idea if this is Tokyo fashion or something but none of the AKB girls enunciate. When the pace quickens or when they are excited it turns into a blob. Not that I don't understand, but still unpleasant.

The real seiyuu are crystal clear for the most part. You can tell clearly where each word starts and ends.

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime