AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2011-05-17, 09:40   Link #1061
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

I just realized something, I might have said this before already but when Nise comes out as an anime (if it ever does) the amount of NTR doujins for this series is gonna be HIGH.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 09:44   Link #1062
Westlo
Lets be reality

There is no way Nise doesn't come out as an anime in some form or manner. Love or Hate SHAFT but you can't deny that they love their sequels.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 13:20   Link #1063
Romanticide

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
From what I can tell the one she is hiding inside herself is a copy of the original Kokorowatari that the first created. Whether it was made specifically for her, I don't think so. She said she inherited it so I assume she took possession of it after he died. Also just to add a curve ball, Shinobu can create additional ones using her powers. In Kabuki she created clones of it when they thought they needed to fight Kissshot X.
Thanks. When Kissshot said he (the first) was a "man i entrusted my back to" was that a literal translation, or did it have another meaning? For some reason i keep thinking she meant something else besides just that.
Romanticide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 13:54   Link #1064
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanticide View Post
Thanks. When Kissshot said he (the first) was a "man i entrusted my back to" was that a literal translation, or did it have another meaning? For some reason i keep thinking she meant something else besides just that.
Yeah, it was literal. She was describing his worth as a warrior. It means in a swordfight he was able to protect the area where she couldn't see.

For those interested, the sentence in original was this:
「そやつは戦士じゃったよ――儂が背中を預けるに足る、凄腕の戦士じゃった」
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 20:44   Link #1065
Otrebla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanticide View Post
is there a translation out somewhere? WHERE?
Otrebla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 23:05   Link #1066
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
being no one gets their way (like in Kizumonogatari) or it'll end with everything being resolved or everyone all happy. both outcomes in my mind will suck.
wait wait wait

what other kind of ending is there!!!????
Old 2011-05-18, 01:08   Link #1067
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalinefriend View Post
the translation came from Shikijin i believe. it was a quick translation they did for the actually post. that novel has yet to be translated.
That was a line from chapter 15. I already translated it, you can find it in the novel translation thread here on animesuki or on baka-tsuki.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 20:32   Link #1068
Romanticide

It was a really bad translation. That's why it was removed.
Old 2011-05-23, 17:08   Link #1069
Prime

Monogataris

Hmmm hey, guys! I'm from Colombia and I'm traslating these novels from Bakatsuki (and it seems that some of you are those translators, so thanks xD).

I need to ask you something: Could you give a summary for each novel (w/o Bakemonogatari ~unless there are significant differences between the novel and the series~ and Kizumonogatari), with interesting and relevant spoilers?

I want it 'cuz there are a few people interested in the novels, and, as you continue with the proyect and accelerate the "translation rhythm", I would like to give to the followers a great-detailled summary of the other novels ~to keep them waiting for teh lulz xD~.

So thanks for your help, and I'll keep passing by this thread from now on. I've read almost the half of pages of this topic but I would like something more especific, even if it's just a copypaste, just to confirm what is true or false.

Btw, I don't know if my english is as good as your own, so, excuse me if something isn't clear xD

Last edited by Prime; 2011-05-29 at 13:21.
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-25, 10:15   Link #1070
Otrebla

hey prime, im from venezuela but id rather speak in english coz this threa is in english. by the way, by resume he meant summary. thats a big mistake that most of spanish speakers make (since our word for summary is "resumen").

I havent read all the pages of this topic, but I dont think there are such summaries lying around. Im gonna look for some myself, but some time later.

hope to see you around.

vivan las hermanas repúblicas XD
Otrebla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 13:20   Link #1071
Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otrebla View Post
hey prime, im from venezuela but id rather speak in english coz this threa is in english. by the way, by resume he meant summary. thats a big mistake that most of spanish speakers make (since our word for summary is "resumen").

I havent read all the pages of this topic, but I dont think there are such summaries lying around. Im gonna look for some myself, but some time later.

hope to see you around.

vivan las hermanas repúblicas XD
Seee~~, que vivan! xD

Well~ I've found some summaries, like the Hanamonotagari one, and it's pretty complete (it was made by Onimon, as the Kabukimonogatari summary), but I would like the Nekomonogatari (Kuro and Shiro) and Nisemonogatari's summaries, cuz those are the stories about no one knows what certainly happens (or, at least, not by these "side of the world xD").

Yeah, actually I tried to correct that mistake, and I did it once, but I didn't noticed that I wrote it twice XD

Btw, How can I make to this page sends me notifications of your answers?

Finally... I'm sorry if you can't understand my spanglish XDDD
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 20:06   Link #1072
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

『囮物語』
編:西尾維新
illustration:VOFAN
定価:1,365円(税込)
6月30日発売予定

It's not exactly big news since we knew that it was going to be in that general area anyways.
Old 2011-06-01, 21:12   Link #1073
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
『囮物語』
編:西尾維新
illustration:VOFAN
定価:1,365円(税込)
6月30日発売予定

It's not exactly big news since we knew that it was going to be in that general area anyways.
i don't quite understand
Old 2011-06-02, 00:12   Link #1074
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Box View Post
i don't quite understand
It just says Otorimonogatari is coming out June 30th.
Old 2011-06-06, 03:55   Link #1075
circleman

Apparently this will be the cover art for Otorimonogatari. The words on the bottom is just saying that Kizumonogatari will be made into a movie, which we already know.
circleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 03:59   Link #1076
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by circleman View Post

Apparently this will be the cover art for Otorimonogatari. The words on the bottom is just saying that Kizumonogatari will be made into a movie, which we already know.
For some reason I passed out and ectoplasm is everywhere on my computer.
Old 2011-06-06, 07:25   Link #1077
Romanticide

Quote:
Originally Posted by circleman View Post

Wow. With this out i can't wait for Onimonogatari. Nadeko looks so pretty.
Old 2011-06-06, 08:15   Link #1078
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ oh god, NADE-TAN MY ANGEL (seiyu joke lol)

that is some groovy art there, so she's going to be the medusa? i thought they'd just encounter one

then again they might just pull a kabukimonogatari on us again

so it's true nade-tan's the last boss eh?
Old 2011-06-06, 09:02   Link #1079
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

A bit more info.

Please someone who knows Japanese translate the bits of text. For some reason no one steps up to the plate when stuff like this happen.
Old 2011-06-06, 10:02   Link #1080
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

^

”ー嘘つき。神様の癖に”
You liar. And you call yourself a god?

かつて蛇に巻き憑かれた少女・千石撫子。
Sengoku Nadeko, the girl who was once cursed by a snake.

阿良々木暦に思いを寄せつづける彼女の前に現れた、真っ白の”使者”の正体とは...?
Who is the pure white messenger who has appeared before this girl, whose thoughts keep straying to Araragi Koyomi...?

<物語>は、最終章へと、うねり、絡まり、進化するー
With undulations and entanglements, <the story> progresses towards its final chapter-

かみついて、君を感じる 罠の中。
[My brain's not processing this one - there's two parts "snap at it/it snaps" and "inside the trap of feeling/sensing you"...
btw, the "you" here is "kimi", and I'm not sure who uses that pronoun in this series...]

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, harem, nishio, romance