AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-06-23, 13:59   Link #41
Dop
Mmmm....

There's a trailer.

I'm hoping for strong Aria vibes, thanks to Junichi Sato's involvement - the music even sounds similar!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 17:06   Link #42
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Heh, Claude (that's the boy right, not the older man?) looked like Firo from Baccano in a few shots which bemused me since that trailer makes the show feel like the complete opposite to Baccano.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 17:32   Link #43
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

What's quite worrisome here is that you can't really adapt much from a mere 2 manga volumes. Either the anime will have to be unusually short in episodes or it will have to have a large amount of filler or even a dreadful original ending.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-01, 19:00   Link #44
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for megami:
Old 2011-07-01, 19:32   Link #45
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Considering that Yune always wears lavishly-decorated kimonos, this looks like Megami run out of creative juices.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 10:28   Link #46
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
What's quite worrisome here is that you can't really adapt much from a mere 2 manga volumes. Either the anime will have to be unusually short in episodes or it will have to have a large amount of filler or even a dreadful original ending.
It's slice of life,it's not like filler is going to come and mess up a plot or something.

As long as the character interaction remains the same in the "filler" then I won't mind.
Old 2011-07-03, 12:42   Link #47
Kunagisa

Episode 1 is incredibly gorgeous and cuteness overload, and ... just makes you FEEL GOODDDD. Very satisfying watch.

I'm totally getting this on BR when it comes out.

EDIT: So good that I watched it again (d'awwwww so much near the end when Claude stop being a tsundere), and ... those faces >___< *dies*

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2011-07-03 at 13:16.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 14:30   Link #48
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I was worried about this show, but episode one worked out fine. Great look. Good tone and pace. And even Touyama Nao's high voice worked out well. And her singing was enjoyable. I've read a bit of the manga, and enjoyed the anime more.

I knew that Yuuki Aoi was not going to appear in this episode, so I wasn't disappointed, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 21:42   Link #49
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Beautifully drawn anime, and thoroughly enjoyed the first episode. I am definitely going to watch this.

I couldn't help but see a black, short-haired, mini-Victorique though. Yune is adorable. I especially enjoyed the interactions between her and Claude.

The OP song was pretty good, too. It's lively, fun, and reminded me of an old French song from the early 20th-century France. After watching the first episode three times now, I can practically almost sing along to it.

Now, I haven't read the light novels yet because I have never seen any translation anywhere, but a couple questions:
Spoiler:

Other than that, there were the little things that were cute to see like Yune tapping her feet a few times on the marble floors of the Gallery because she's unfamiliar with the flooring. The way her eyes widen seeing all the new and unfamiliar things around her. I like it.

It is also good that I understand French so I can read the titles, signs and other words in this show.
octoberasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 21:54   Link #50
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
It is also good that I understand French so I can read the titles, signs and other words in this show.
Can we get a confirmation that the French is legit?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 23:34   Link #51
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 23:37   Link #52
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Given that Satelight has French connections, it would be embarrassing if it weren't.

Loved this premiere to pieces. Love the setting, love the music, love the characters. It's slow and character-driven and "arty" and I don't care.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 23:49   Link #53
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Loved the first episode. Yune's probably one of the few adorable characters out there. She looks really cute with her kimono and yes just like that random guy said, she looks like a japanese doll.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 23:57   Link #54
Major1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I didn't try and read every single background sign, but it looks legit. The spoken french at the start and the end is perfect.

One thing I noticed is the "Gallerie du Roy" - I think the translation into English is really supposed to be "King's Gallery" (or possibly "Royal Gallery") as opposed to "Gallery of Roy". I think they've used the older spelling "Roy" instead of the modern "Roi". Which is pretty hardcore in terms of pursuing historical accuracy.
Major1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 00:02   Link #55
mysterious

I saw the cover page of the manga a long time ago and had a hard time to hunt it down the raw (not even know its name back then). After forgotten it, now I stumble upon it in anime form, such is life I guess. This looks like it will be a fun ride, sign me up!
Old 2011-07-04, 00:23   Link #56
HandofFate

just watched the first episode.
I don't know anything about this series, just watched it spontaneously.

The setting certainly is interesting, and the culture clashes is enough to make you interested in future developments.

Right now I'm just confused about the language and such. Everyone is speaking japanese in the show while everyone other than the girl is french.

So the conversation the old man was having with Yune was japanese, but speaking to Claude, he's talking in french I assume, so I was having a bit of a hard time trying to assume which language is being spoken.

Then we find out Yune can speak french after all? And now she's speaking french, not japanese, right?
Old 2011-07-04, 00:34   Link #57
jedinat

I rather liked the first episode and am liking the production values and such... but I'm getting that weird vibe I sometimes get when I see the Japanese trying to look at themselves from the outside. Sort of a cultural masturbation. I guess that's a cynical way to put it, lol.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 01:23   Link #58
EroKing

Looks to me like Claude got himself a cute loli waifu
Old 2011-07-04, 02:07   Link #59
Kagayaki

As far as I'm concerned, that was almost as good as any first episode can hope to be. I'm calling it right now. This show is diamonds. (I say this as someone who wasn't really a big fan of Aria.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Right now I'm just confused about the language and such. Everyone is speaking japanese in the show while everyone other than the girl is french.

So the conversation the old man was having with Yune was japanese, but speaking to Claude, he's talking in french I assume, so I was having a bit of a hard time trying to assume which language is being spoken.

Then we find out Yune can speak french after all? And now she's speaking french, not japanese, right?
I have no idea. They kind of lost me on that part, which would be my only gripe about the episode. It's probably safe to assume that from now on everything will be in French (even though it's spoken in Japanese). Although you wonder how you'd be able to tell if someone started actually speaking in Japanese.
Old 2011-07-04, 03:04   Link #60
sikvod00

What an absolutely delightful first episode. Definitely sticking with this!
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
historical, romance, shounen, slice of life