*put it in watching list*
k'2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 18:14   Link #142
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl_moon View Post
Awww, come on. We really aren't *that* bad. Maybe just a tad frequent. Our protests are certainly more peaceful than many others that I've seen in Europe.
I can't help it but think that you are referring to my homeland ... that is Greece.

Well, I think it rather different when you react to hill-billies that could not finish high school roaming the streets role-playing Counter-Strike (in other words cops) perceiving as terrorists anyone with a functional brain able to criticize their system and some ultra-nationalist in two countries ready to start a war for some tiny islands in the middle of nowhere because of national "pride" (Korea-Japan, Greece-Turkey, UK-Argentina, etc.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
*Sits in a corner while the fire rages around him, idly making circles with his finger*

No Dutch-tan. *sniffles*
Good idea, let people who actually are serious about this spare us from dealing with over-population

By the way, the parts about Greece that you guys pointed me at were hilarious

Though about the whole thing, Ancient Greece vs. modern, etc. ... It's rather saddening that usually in Europe we just look the other way when we have to explain the difference ... Christianity and Roman Empire
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 18:34   Link #143
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Good idea, let people who actually are serious about this spare us from dealing with over-population
I just want a Dutch-tan. I don't care how he/she is portaid (probably the guy/girl who keeps making money with the fighting/bickering/teasing/pestering of the other countries, which is what the Netherlands did during WWI) but I just want a Dutch-tan.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 22:00   Link #144
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

It's sad that KIDS Station caved in to pressure. Hopefully, another broadcaster will pick it up.
Old 2009-01-14, 22:21   Link #145
domino
デレデレ

KIDS STATION is still broadcasting the series weekly and the broadcast schedule is still up. It just seems that they are pulling/delaying a special that was going to air in February. Maybe Korea was going to appear in that special...

In any case, shame on all of the Korean people who signed that petition and are getting Hetalia involved in their anti-Japanese feelings. There really isn't anything offensive about that character.
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 21:27   Link #146
unasuvas
Follower of Lambdadelta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
*Sits in a corner while the fire rages around him, idly making circles with his finger*

No Dutch-tan. *sniffles*
Actually, there is a Netherlands-tan but he's referred to as Holland and he's only appeared once as a silhouette in the 'Battle for America' strips. And in my opinion, the silhouette reminds me of Denmark-tan...

Spoiler for Bwah ha ha ha:

And also, Himaruya made a chart with all the characters eye & hair colors and Holland's color scheme is identical to his sister Belgium. Plus, I heard somewhere that his personality is the complete opposite of his sister, but unfortunately we haven't seen enough of Belgium to know what her personality is like either. But she kinda looks like the peaceful, motherly type so I guess Holland/Netherlands is the violent type? That's all I know about him, sorry~
Old 2009-01-15, 23:45   Link #147
Rinkeye

Angry It's has been called off to broadcast in 01.24

"Kids Station" announced to stop broadcasting of hetalia in 01.24.2009.
http://www.kids-station.com/rni9hp00000027q9.html
"1月24日(土)から放送を予定していた「ヘタリア Axis Powers」は、諸般の事情により放送中止とさせていただきます。
視聴者の皆様にはご迷惑をおかけしますが、何卒ご理解下さいますようお願い申しあげます。"
Hetalia Axis Powers that planed to broadcast in 01.24 has been called off because of some considerable reasons.
Sorry to televiewers, I hope you undertake our decision.

I do not like racism and korean. ヽ(`⌒´メ)ノ
Rinkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 23:52   Link #148
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinkeye View Post
I do not like racism and korean. ヽ(`⌒´メ)ノ
Quite contradicting
Old 2009-01-16, 00:13   Link #149
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Quite contradicting
Not if Koreans are racist.

It is done. Now I can't look at a Koean in the eye without feeling pity and disgust. They have shown themselves to be a deplorable nation.
Old 2009-01-16, 00:33   Link #150
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Now I can't look at a Koean in the eye without feeling pity and disgust. They have shown themselves to be a deplorable nation.
Honestly?

As you well know, racist speech is forbidden on AnimeSuki. Those who engage in that sort of speech are themselves deplorable in my eyes. It should be obvious to anyone that "an entire nation" is not at fault here. Get off of it.

The non-story here is that a controversial anime turned out to be too controversial for TV network executives. Big shocker there... It'll still be available somehow, whether it's mobile, streaming, or straight to DVD.

Anything to fan the flames, I swear...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 01:08   Link #151
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
So this show is cancelled? What other stations will air it or is it straight to DVD? Are Koreans compaining about it as viewers from Japan? Or is it broadcast in Korea too? I don't really see why this is so offencive. Check out South Park I bet it is aired all over the world ithas so much worse themes >.> anyway....
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 01:29   Link #152
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Honestly?

As you well know, racist speech is forbidden on AnimeSuki. Those who engage in that sort of speech are themselves deplorable in my eyes. It should be obvious to anyone that "an entire nation" is not at fault here. Get off of it.

The non-story here is that a controversial anime turned out to be too controversial for TV network executives. Big shocker there... It'll still be available somehow, whether it's mobile, streaming, or straight to DVD.

Anything to fan the flames, I swear...
The entire nation is at fault, because the government is involved. The people are responsible for the action of their government. That's the thing about democracy; everyone is to blame.

And as I kept saying, all references to Korea was removed from the anime already. The show is only stopped because S Korea felt like it.
Old 2009-01-16, 01:38   Link #153
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
The entire nation is at fault, because the government is involved. The people are responsible for the action of their government. That's the thing about democracy; everyone is to blame.
That's untrue. Modern democracies do not have many decisions made by the people, they are only more heavily influenced by them. It is still the officials who have power.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 01:42   Link #154
blue skies
noch einmal?

Quote:
I hardly think the entirety of Korea is at fault here just because some of its citizens decided to cause an uproar over something so minute. I'll admit I don't understand what the big deal is either, but I'm not going to blame an entire nation just because the government is involved or some people can't take a goddamn joke. That said, I'm sure there are plenty of Koreans upset about this too.

Quote:
And as I kept saying, all references to Korea was removed from the anime already. The show is only stopped because S Korea felt like it.
Which is why I'm so confused as to why they're even upset to begin with. It was the manga/web comic that contained that shocking, awful man-boob-grabbing. So why care about the anime when it isn't even included? I don't get it. Hetalia makes fun of every other country, so why throw such a fit over this one in particular?

I think the whole thing is being blown way out of proportion. I'm ready to move on now...
blue skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 01:43   Link #155
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
That's untrue. Modern democracies do not have many decisions made by the people, they are only more heavily influenced by them. It is still the officials who have power.
And yet, it was the petitions by the S Korean people that caused this. They can't blame their government for what they asked them to do.

Japan did everything they can to please Korea. The complete removal of the Korean character from the anime was extreme, but it appears even that was not enough. This kind of illogical thrashing about is something I expect Zimbabwe to do, or even Kim Jung Il, but South Korea?

Trust me, I wouldn't be so angry if I didn't respect S Korea before. I feel so betrayed.
Old 2009-01-16, 01:49   Link #156
LeoXiao
思想工作

Eh, all people can be idiots at times. That's why it's better to judge them as individuals than to get caught up on these instances.

(btw, I think we shouldn't discuss such a thing in this thread. I probably shouldn't have made that remark about democracy, my bad)
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 01:50   Link #157
miyamiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
What other stations will air it or is it straight to DVD?
"hetalia.com" announced:

Quote:
この度、キッズステーションにて1月24日より放送開始を予定しておりました
『ヘタリア Axis Powers』ですが、放送局の都合により、放送中止されることになりました。
今まで各媒体・ホームページなどでの告知情報で、放送を楽しみにお待ち頂いた皆様には、
大変ご迷惑をお掛け致します。 何卒ご理解頂けますよう、よろしくお願い致します。

キッズステーションでの放送情報とあわせて、昨年末より告知しておりました
携帯・ブロードバンドでの配信は、予定通り1月より開始させて頂きます。
It says, in English:
"Distribution by mobile and online streaming will go ahead as announced."

Edit:
mobile distribution http://www.animatemobile.net/
online streaming http://www.animate.tv/
miyamiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 01:50   Link #158
Shadow Kira01

Its not like Korea is the only country in the manga. More over, Kids Station had already promised that there won't be any references of the Korean character and they even went as extreme as removing the whole Korean character entirely yet it wasn't enough. Now, they are going to remove the anime as well. Perhaps, this is what South Korea claims to be warming ties?
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 01:52   Link #159
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
The show is only stopped because S Korea felt like it.
No. The broadcast was canceled because the TV Network decided not to air it. There is good reason to speculate on the corroborating factors, but it's ultimately the TV Network execs who made the call. And the show isn't even "stopped" anyway -- they just won't broadcast it on TV (or at least not on that station -- some other satellite channel could pick it up eventually). See the long list of other shows that have had their broadcast runs dropped or pre-empted for dubious reasons. People proclaiming this as some sort of "censorship" or "freedom of speech" issue are just trying to cause drama. They're a private TV station -- they can air or not air whatever they want.

I'm with LeoXiao -- that's enough of this topic.

(Edit: "This topic" being blaming all of Korea for "stopping" the anime broadcast, and whether the whole nation is at fault, or its government, etc. etc.. Obviously, we can continue discussing the situation regarding the show, its broadcast, and so on, but let's keep it on the real topic, and not all the sensationalist drama.)

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2009-01-16 at 02:03.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 06:19   Link #160
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by unasuvas View Post
Actually, there is a Netherlands-tan but he's referred to as Holland and he's only appeared once as a silhouette in the 'Battle for America' strips. And in my opinion, the silhouette reminds me of Denmark-tan...

Spoiler for Bwah ha ha ha:

And also, Himaruya made a chart with all the characters eye & hair colors and Holland's color scheme is identical to his sister Belgium. Plus, I heard somewhere that his personality is the complete opposite of his sister, but unfortunately we haven't seen enough of Belgium to know what her personality is like either. But she kinda looks like the peaceful, motherly type so I guess Holland/Netherlands is the violent type? That's all I know about him, sorry~
Oh, so they're actually calling him Holland? Cool, I didn't think anyone but the Dutch themselves refered to the Netherlands as Holland.

And it looks like he's a shoutacon... judging by the creepy explanation.

Edit: Ah, now I remember, Japanese use 'Oranda' for the Netherlands, which would quite simply translate to Holland.

Also found a translation of the Christmas Rampage 07 special (it's so helpfull when you know what to look for), which revealed some info on the Benelux:

Hana-tamago *reading letter*: "Good evening, Finland Santa and Hana-tamago-chan!
I had to be hospitalized so I'm spending Christmas Eve in my hospital room.
If you're still taking present requests, I'd like to hear about what kind of people the three Benelux countries are! I might even get released early~
Well, take care and do your best!"

Finland: "Moi! Benelux must be referring to those three.
Holland* is a tall, muscular guy who's in super good shape!
After all, he beat up Spain, who was in control of him during Spain's golden age.
And he likes young women (too young?) and also thinks some shady drugs are okay, so he's kind of a punk in that way.

He fought over the title of "The Tulip Country" with Turkey (Turkey has been cultivating them since the era of the Ottoman Empire, so he said his history was longer), but Holland is more famous by far so he wins I suppose.

His younger sister, Belgium, has fought her brother along with Spain before. So their sibling relations might not be so good...
She's a taller girl who wears a ribbon and has very pretty blonde hair. She's mature and has a cheerful personality, but doesn't stand out much because of the people surrounding her.

Luxembourg has a family that was once said to rival the famed Hapsburg line. A very elegant person!

Is that good?"

Last edited by Keroko; 2009-01-16 at 06:32.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy