2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-09-20, 00:30   Link #81
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
By the way, someone counted all the extra time from lack of OP/ED and extra running time and we got 3.65 episode more worth of material.
That's really impressive... White fox definitely deserves all the accolades they can get for this effort.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-20, 00:36   Link #82
mergele

Well, at least it wrapped up nicely. Thats an end that can stay as end perfectly fine, even though not everything had been cleared up and resolved. In that regard great job.
Otherwise.. well, half way through the episode I was about to say "f*** it" and watch something else, I guess that speaks for itself.
mergele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-20, 03:07   Link #83
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
This. I also feel the same. It's also very possible that Subaru was heavily inspired by Rem's confession. For Emilia, he felt Subaru's confession like how Subaru (& the audience) felt after hearing Rem's confession. But in this case, the audience cannot be as emotionally-moved as Emilia due to diminishing returns because Subaru more-or-less copied what Rem already did and it has an element of repetition that's not as impactful as the first one. But narratively-speaking, it's an okay event and even justified because if you tried to copy Rem's method to impress the target of your confession then you're going in the right direction .

As for the episode itself, what can I say.....it's a nice ending. I’m an anime-only watcher and I can see that there’s obviously more things that need to be addressed further or solved than what the ending gave me (eg. Satella, the Election, Roswaal’s desire to kill the dragon, etc), but that is the nature of adapting an on-going novel.

But looking at some of the raging source-fans, I’d say White Fox has made a similar event to their previous Akame ga Kill adaptation which basically goes like this:

Studio did what they could to adapt a title with the available resources and decided to make the ending in a certain way that give some form of closure for anime-fans which even the author is happy with -> some die-hard source-fans rage and blame the studio for the change(s) even if the reasons make sense.

And all the raging and complaining are mostly done by the English-speaking fans as the Japanese fans for both titles (AgK & Re:Zero) are more positive about both anime, just like how the authors of both properties felt. Some ungrateful ones even posted death threats to White Fox *smh*. As for White Fox, I support you. Please continue to do (and improve) your work without minding the ungrateful people trashing your creation after giving your all-out effort on them, and please keep doing admirable job for your future adaptations. Peace Maker Kurogane is the next adaptation I’ll be waiting from you coz I actually have read that old manga about Shinsengumi. I can’t wait to see your version of Hajime Saito after Gonzo’s iteration.
Ehh, rezero is very polarizing in Japan. There are threads on 2ch solely for hating on it. It's more liked in the west overall I bet.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-20, 03:42   Link #84
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Question, why are they hating on it? Is it because Subaru 'picked the wrong waifu'? I bet it's because Subaru picked the wrong waifu. That totally sounds like something some crazy person would send death threats over.
Dengar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-20, 04:03   Link #85
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post

Now, that is just insane...lol. Some people really take their entertainment to a fucking whole new level it's not even funny. I mean, i was also not a big fan of the happy ending we got since i was expecting something crazier/impactful like the way episode 15 ended but posting death threats after the dedication and fantastic work they have done through the entire series is just stupid. I wonder what would happen if White Fox was as slothfull as Toei with their big titles
Actually, the “death threats”-part was done by some of the English-speaking Akame ga Kill source-fans back when the anime was airing its last episodes. As I was addressing reactions for both AgK and Re: Zero adaptations by White Fox in my previous post . I don't know if some Re:Zero source-fanatics did the same thing after this last episode aired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Ehh, rezero is very polarizing in Japan. There are threads on 2ch solely for hating on it. It's more liked in the west overall I bet.
Are you sure that’s not vocal minority? I know that some people can hate overhyped shows (and Re: Zero can be classified as one sometimes), but are the Japanese who hate the anime that many compared to those who casually-like and those who absolutely adore it? Rem seem to be quite popular when I see that news about her dakimakura selling out like crazy. Anyway, Re: Zero is not a "great" or "excellent" work by my standard, but I think it's a very good one and I find it hard to hate it. I may hate the over-hyping by its fans sometimes, but not the anime itself.
Old 2016-09-20, 06:03   Link #86
Syan48306
Forgotten Lurker

For all those people who though this episode ended on too happy of a note rather than shoving us into season two with a cliff hanger. Remember how some series ended with major cliff hangers and pissed people off and made them wait for years before a new season?

I'm looking at you The Walking Dead. White Fox didn't want to piss off anime only viewers for years and there are a great majority of anime only viewers. You know how anime fans react when something like that happens. The episode ended at a great place without deviating from source material.

For season 2, and I'm positive we will get a season 2, we'll just pick up where we left off.
Syan48306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-20, 08:04   Link #87
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
No that's usual for 2ch when comes to popluar shows and is done by pretty vocal minorty there. On twitter and very JP blogs it's been very well recived and the last quite well liked. It was the 2nd most tweeted episode in the show, with lots of viewers asking for a 2nd season.

EDIT: I don't see this was post so here are Tappei's final tweets for last episode:
https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comme...g3&sh=f8186261

Staff comments on the final episode with art and stuff:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...hank-you-posts

Last edited by Applehell; 2016-09-20 at 09:50.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-20, 12:21   Link #88
Kaneco

Just finished watching the episode.

Really liked the episode! How it wrapped up everything in one beautiful ending dialogue of acceptance & understanding between Subaru & Emilia...felt rushed & abrupt to the point when we got closing credits for the season...but I think this was planned from the beginning just to play it safe if the numbers weren't good, it was a nice way of wrapping things up and tie it all up in. Especially if they don't do a second season...

I feel like if they gave us a bigger epilogue...it would have been detrimental and knowing how the author seems to love to give the viewers/readers cliffhangers filled with despair...it's best that they didn't, because it would have been all for naught if we get a cliffhanger but no 2nd season...if this is based on the LN & from what I'm hearing the LN & the Anime are at the same point, then there's no point for use to get a cliffhanger when there's so much material that needs to be adapted to the LN before we are even considered a 2nd season...if we even get one.

Not knowing what became of characters like Crusch, Rem & Roswaal...aside from others, leads me to believe that the epilogue would have presented us with their current situations, whether for bad or good...if it's for bad, then I'm glad they just decided to wrap up right after the touching scene with Emilia & Subaru.

They can always pull a Saint Seiya Heaven Chapter: Overture with Apollo with things going south from the very beginning of the movie...it would incite hype from the very beginning of the first episode of season 2.

Overall, good episode & pretty fantastic way to wrap it up...would have loved an extended epilogue, but it can't be helped if everything I've stated does come to pass...and would rather them save it until the next season.

Now to wait for the BDs to be localized, as well as the visual novel game...and wait hopefully...for the next 1-2 years for an eventual/probable 2nd season.

Will need to find something to tie me over so I don't spoil myself through LN/WN, otherwise it would lessen the impact of the anime if there happens to be a 2nd season.
Kaneco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-20, 12:32   Link #89
Tenzen12

After all that he went through (both good and bad) he is still bating for Emilia? To be honest I am truly surprised by that.. It's not often I don't expect MC ending with obvious main heroine...

And yeah I am bit disappointed by that too.
Old 2016-09-20, 13:09   Link #90
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xical View Post
Question:
Who was credited as Satella in the credits?
Anyone know?
No one
But I think who voiced Satella was the same VA as Emilia...I could be wrong though

Anyway, it was a great ending. Apparently, "something" was cut off at the end...but it might be better this way.

If season 2 gets a green light, an OVA can be made to connect both seasons...either way, it'll still be a while before we get a season 2
Old 2016-09-20, 20:27   Link #91
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
After all that he went through (both good and bad) he is still bating for Emilia? To be honest I am truly surprised by that.. It's not often I don't expect MC ending with obvious main heroine...

But, he will definitely end with best girl Satella and she ain't no heroine. This double negative is nothing compared to her yandere love :P
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-20, 20:42   Link #92
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:

Emilia is like freaking Jesus to him. It was obvious since as early as episode #1.

Last edited by Sheba; 2016-09-20 at 20:56.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-20, 22:15   Link #93
Tenzen12

You are not wrong, but how many people who worship Jesus want actually date him?
Old 2016-09-20, 22:17   Link #94
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Many people would, if just for the novelty of it. Sadly the rest of the world sees Emilia as the Anti-Christ.

At least Subaru's feelings for her are genuine.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-20, 23:42   Link #95
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
At least Subaru's feelings for her are genuine.
There is also the possibility Satella charmed Subaru making him obsessed by Emilia since they are physically similar to each other. Maybe that was part of the best girl plan all the time
Truth to be told, Emilia was the only one Subaru called "beautiful" when they first met even tho he also encountered goddesses like Priscilla or Elsa and nothing was mentioned by the guy. The charmed theory started as a joke but it's not that far-fetched if we think about it...
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-21, 00:51   Link #96
Applehell

Quote:
You are not wrong, but how many people who worship Jesus want actually date him?
Well Rem is certainly trying to do that herself, but at the same time she's realized plainly that he's got eyes for somebody else.

Last edited by Applehell; 2016-09-21 at 01:21.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-21, 01:58   Link #97
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Can we please just fucking accept that different people like different things? Why do people get so hung up over which girl a guy falls for? How is that any of your business? I really do not understand why people care so much about something so insignificant.
Old 2016-09-21, 02:26   Link #98
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

The thing that Subaru really liked about Emilia at the start was how despite having her own problems, she couldn't help but try to help everyone around her including him to her detriment. It all started with something really simple.

Also, for those Rem shippers ... She did brutally massacre Subaru in a couple timelines, lest we forget...
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-21, 02:28   Link #99
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

They'll argue that that never happened.
Old 2016-09-21, 03:08   Link #100
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
The thing that Subaru really liked about Emilia at the start was how despite having her own problems, she couldn't help but try to help everyone around her including him to her detriment. It all started with something really simple.

Also, for those Rem shippers ... She did brutally massacre Subaru in a couple timelines, lest we forget...
Yep. That’s also what I caught in the first episode. Aside from being mesmerized by her beauty and kindness for saving a stranger like him, Subaru just can’t leave Emilia alone since she is genuinely super-kind to the point of reckless. I mean, isn't that why Tohsaka Rin also can't leave Emiya Shirou alone in F/SN?