AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2014-10-22, 12:38   Link #1061
GrAVit

Well, I hope the game does really well, then. Any ideas how well the other VNs have done on Steam? That could give a rough estimate, maybe.
GrAVit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-22, 13:24   Link #1062
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
The sprite is just too offensive
I wonder how you would react if I sent you as much ecchi pics of Satoko as I can find

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
http://ask.fm/The_Doddler/answer/118888655857

More reason to support the hell out of this Higurashi release. I want Umineko X__X
Not really interested in getting a Umineko release, the whole thing is already fully available in english. If they want to do more works of 07th expansion, then they should rather continue with Rei or even Hou which doesn't have any translation.
TheGuraGuraMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-22, 14:18   Link #1063
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXtreme View Post
You have a comeback for everything, don't you. XD
Says the guy who still want to annoy everyone with this fucking sprite even after MG said they definitly won't change it ? Accepting your defeat is also part of this kind of arguments.
Old 2014-10-22, 14:38   Link #1064
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Quote:

More reason to support the hell out of this Higurashi release. I want Umineko X__X
SECONDED. As GuraGuraMan pointed out, we've already got it in English, but having it available through Steam, with an official translation and the possibility of eventually being ported makes it worth it. However, I would view this as an end-goal, because there are other, more important releases I'd like to see. Hou, for example.

Quote:
Well, it would be nice to have an option with the old sprites, though I'm not going to use them. Even if I am a huge fan of Ryu's writing, I can't say the same about his art-style pre-Higanbana. Higanbana art was the best he did.
I love his original artwork, but definitely agree that Higanbana is him at his best. However, I would like to see Higanbana with remade artwork! I wonder how Alchemist would do it- But Kurosaki seems like an easier goal, and I'd love to see their interpretation as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuraGuraMan View Post
Not really interested in getting a Umineko release, the whole thing is already fully available in english. If they want to do more works of 07th expansion, then they should rather continue with Rei or even Hou which doesn't have any translation.
Maybe they'd strike a deal with Ryukishi and translate his 3-Worlds work (the sci fi one) when it comes out? Getting it on release would be amazing!

Also, apparently the Steam version will be easily modifiable. Mr.GuraGura, when you get further in your Matsuri/Kizuna mod, would you release it on Steam? Or is that not really feasible?
Old 2014-10-22, 14:46   Link #1065
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXtreme View Post
"If you're gonna dig, dig to pierce the heavens! Even if it's my grave I'm digging, I'll keep going! When I break through, it means I've WON! Who the hell do you think I am?" -Simon, Gurren Lagann
Should I remind you about the epilogue of the serie ?
Old 2014-10-22, 18:20   Link #1066
einhorn303

Quote:
Yeah, translations of new content is vastly more important to me than artwork updates (which I don't want anyway).
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-22, 19:11   Link #1067
xPearse

Quote:

I'd be interested in that since I've never played Umineko, especially if they made new art, although I don't have a problem playing with the original sprites. Then again, it would depend on as he said if Higurashi sells well. That probably means I'd have to buy that for a possibility, only if the price is right. That's always a deciding factor for me. Anyway, even if they did it would probably be years away, after Higurashi on steam is released as I doubt they'd start another large multi game project in between all of this.
xPearse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-22, 19:53   Link #1068
GrAVit

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPearse View Post
I'd be interested in that since I've never played Umineko, especially if they made new art, although I don't have a problem playing with the original sprites. Then again, it would depend on as he said if Higurashi sells well. That probably means I'd have to buy that for a possibility, only if the price is right. That's always a deciding factor for me. Anyway, even if they did it would probably be years away, after Higurashi on steam is released as I doubt they'd start another large multi game project in between all of this.
Isn't there a PS3 sprite patch for PC Umineko, though? I guess you could use that if you wanted to.
Old 2014-10-22, 20:23   Link #1069
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

http://ask.fm/MangaGamerStaff/answer/118242782450

Well, they've officially fixed Mion's boobs, which I had believed to be the case from Doddler's screencaps. Also, her face looks quite eerie, no complaints here.
Old 2014-10-22, 20:28   Link #1070
GrAVit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
http://ask.fm/MangaGamerStaff/answer/118242782450

Well, they've officially fixed Mion's boobs, which I had believed to be the case from Doddler's screencaps. Also, her face looks quite eerie, no complaints here.
Yeah, now she looks at the player, too! Great improvements.
Old 2014-10-22, 21:06   Link #1071
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrAVit View Post
Yeah, now she looks at the player, too! Great improvements.
Wouldn't be sure about that, still waiting comfirmation with her usual eyes, as those weren't fixed in the screenshot of Doddler.

And somehow, those eyes just don't feel right.
Old 2014-10-23, 06:45   Link #1072
TheGuraGuraMan

The comparison.
Old 2014-10-23, 07:43   Link #1073
xPearse

Mion's sprite looks good, though her expression could be improved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrAVit View Post
Isn't there a PS3 sprite patch for PC Umineko, though? I guess you could use that if you wanted to.
Yea, I know about that but they look really soulless. I wouldn't say they're on the same scale as alchemist's Higurashi sprites.
Old 2014-10-23, 08:07   Link #1074
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPearse View Post
Yea, I know about that but they look really soulless. I wouldn't say they're on the same scale as alchemist's Higurashi sprites.
I actually prefer their Umineko sprites to their Higurashi ones. I will always play Higurashi with the original sprites, but have played Umineko more than once with the Alchemist sprites.

Last edited by Mr. Dent; 2014-10-23 at 08:26.
Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-23, 08:11   Link #1075
chaos_alfa

Quote:
The comparison.
Mion's beasts still seem to defy gravity in the new sprite compared to the others, but with the changes made to the sprite, I can life with it.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-23, 08:14   Link #1076
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Umineko Alchemist sprites are far better than Higurashi Alchemist sprites O_O
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-23, 09:35   Link #1077
HibikisEcho

Still questioning the fact that she has black jeans over navy/dark blue. It's obviously blue but oh well I guess. The vanilla one always looked weird to me, like she's looking upwards, the matsuri one is personally the best whilst the Kizuna one doesn't feel scary enough.

Also it looks like the mangagamer one has her looking at the viewer but perhaps it's because she looks evil and has no light reflection.
Old 2014-10-23, 09:42   Link #1078
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by HibikisEcho View Post
Also it looks like the mangagamer one has her looking at the viewer but perhaps it's because she looks evil and has no light reflection.
Isn't she suppose to look at the viewer? The story is being shown through Keiichi eyes and because of this whenever someone is looking at Keiichi that person is looking at the viewer at the same time.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-23, 09:48   Link #1079
HibikisEcho

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
Isn't she suppose to look at the viewer? The story is being shown through Keiichi eyes and because of this whenever someone is looking at Keiichi that person is looking at the viewer at the same time.
It should since it Vanilla it did, but Kurosaki's version doesn't have her looking at the viewer just... staring into space. However, in Vanilla!Mion had quite a few sprites, outnumbering Shion and Keiichi, by far. This was due to her having two sprites or more of each costume and expression, one where her head would face forward (like in the above comparison) and one where her head would face the viewer directly. However, this wasn't kept in the Alchemist remakes.
Old 2014-10-23, 18:50   Link #1080
xPearse

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
Mion's beasts still seem to defy gravity in the new sprite compared to the others, but with the changes made to the sprite, I can life with it.
Isn't she wearing a push up bra or something? I remember reading that somewhere, anyway her breasts seem fine if that's the case. The Kizuna sprite isn't that much different either, it seems they're also pushed up, especially when compared to the Matsuri version.

Quote:
Umineko Alchemist sprites are far better than Higurashi Alchemist sprites O_O
I don't mean they're badly drawn or anything like that, infact they are very well drawn, they just look sorta odd to me, mostly the expressions. Anyway I've just saw a few pics of them so maybe my opinion would change if I saw them in action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HibikisEcho View Post
Still questioning the fact that she has black jeans over navy/dark blue. It's obviously blue but oh well I guess.
Personally don't have a problem with the color change, but is anyone else bothered by them being skin tight.