AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-03-30, 23:57   Link #261
JohnNiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Awesome PV.

I can see Im@s' staff working in this series as well, just look at 2:22 and you can see a blue-haired Amami Haruka XD.
Well, crap. In that one second, she is indeed a dead ringer. Clumsiness in this world is fatal- hope she is not as clumsy.

Watching those health bars drain and shatter gave me the shivers. I'm expecting good things from this show.
JohnNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 00:23   Link #262
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

the pv was pretty good, but it seemed like it had some inconsitency in the designs, sometimes looked like working, others like idolmaster, a couple of shots reminded me of blue exorcist.

and just wondering for some scenes in the trailer, the premise of sao is not the same of the .hack// series, not refering to the online thing, it just looked like the whole *someone/thing-putted-my friend/girlfriend-in-a-comatose-state, im-gonna-become-the-badass-in-the-game-to-get-revenge* vibe in the trailer.
Old 2012-03-31, 00:27   Link #263
FJ-Kowz

Music by Yuki Kajiura~
FJ-Kowz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 00:54   Link #264
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

As expected the char design isn't something to worried about, its looks much better in motion.

Quote:
but it seemed like it had some inconsitency in the designs, sometimes looked like working, others like idolmaster, a couple of shots reminded me of blue exorcist.
if anything that's sign of consistency from A-1
Old 2012-03-31, 01:07   Link #265
tomtkp

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJ-Kowz View Post
Music by Yuki Kajiura~
Music by Yuki Kajiura? HELL YEAH!!
At least I can expect something good from the BGM.

Saw the PV. It's quite okay (although I would still say that Accel World has better art quality).
But at least I am looking forward to the story. It seems that the anime would include most of the side stories in V2 and V8 and also "Aria in the Starless Night".
Old 2012-03-31, 01:10   Link #266
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJ-Kowz View Post
Music by Yuki Kajiura~
Well I guess that's why I got .hack vibes from the PV

MMORPG + Yuki Kajiura

Last edited by totoum; 2012-03-31 at 01:54.
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 01:17   Link #267
Domonkazu

looking good
Domonkazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 01:32   Link #268
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
and just wondering for some scenes in the trailer, the premise of sao is not the same of the .hack// series, not refering to the online thing, it just looked like the whole *someone/thing-putted-my friend/girlfriend-in-a-comatose-state, im-gonna-become-the-badass-in-the-game-to-get-revenge* vibe in the trailer.
The inverse: villain traps 10,000 people in a game and won't let them leave until someone defeats the final boss.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 03:42   Link #269
Kunagisa

Forget Kajiura, THIS is the main person you guys should be focusing on!!!

アクション作画監督:柳隆太・鹿間貴裕

Color me 4000x more excited Working face or not. Extremely good choice on A-1's part. Also the PV can be seen on the official website, pretty darn stellar still.

http://www.swordart-online.net/movie/movie02.html, I'll link it here too I guess

Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 04:01   Link #270
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Not a big fan of A1 but some of the those backgrounds in the PV are just gorgeous. Will look forward to this.
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 04:40   Link #271
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Amazing PV. And great news to hear Yuki Kajiura is doing the music for SAO. Can't wait for July.
Now i'm off to read the novels!
Old 2012-03-31, 04:46   Link #272
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

wow! I love that PV and the soundtrack.... Yuki Kajiura FTW

so they animate the scene when Asuna and Kirito first met?? I'm glad because manga didn't cover that part
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 05:46   Link #273
Pokaru

Music is awesome, as expected of Yuki Kajiura.

And from the PV, background looks pretty good but the action scenes seem... lacking. Well, maybe I will have to wait until July to confirm that.
Pokaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 07:02   Link #274
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

PV looked awesome, it seems like Aincrad Arc + Side Stories will be done in 1st cour in chronological order, not sure about cour 2 though
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 07:24   Link #275
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
the pv was pretty good, but it seemed like it had some inconsitency in the designs, sometimes looked like working, others like idolmaster, a couple of shots reminded me of blue exorcist.
I'm actually quite liking this. I love seeing the variety in design, and while I had my reservations about the change in character designs from the awesome novel art, the characters look really, really good in motion.

Oh god, forget spring, bring on summer. This is my most anticipated anime of the YEAR.

Oh, it's interesting to note that they won't just be doing the v2 sides stories but <Aria> and the v8 side story as well. Plus, wasn't lizbet suppose to have started off with brown hair? Heh.

Last edited by com_gwp; 2012-03-31 at 07:35.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 08:58   Link #276
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
Forget Kajiura, THIS is the main person you guys should be focusing on!!!
アクション作画監督:柳隆太・鹿間貴裕
I agree. Takahiro Shikama is a young & promising animator who really sparkled in Star Driver
I wondered if Shikama had become freelancer or A-1 Pictures member because of his work on im@s & Working but it seems it's the latter.
Yusuke Takeda (Seirei no Moribito, GitS, ...) as art director is also good news since I do think he's very talented and this PV showed nice backgrounds. In a nutshell : nice staff.
Old 2012-03-31, 11:00   Link #277
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
PV looked awesome, it seems like Aincrad Arc + Side Stories will be done in 1st cour in chronological order, not sure about cour 2 though
ALO arc flows much faster than SAO arc, especially with side stories included. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a 60/40 split between the two. 14 episodes for SAO and 10 for ALO.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 12:29   Link #278
larethian

Btw guys, try not to talk about things not mentioned in the PV or the website. Even though there aren't any real spoilers yet (at least on this page), but there is always a tendency for one thing to lead to another, and a zealous LN reader might end up babbling.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 14:08   Link #279
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Btw guys, try not to talk about things not mentioned in the PV or the website. Even though there aren't any real spoilers yet (at least on this page), but there is always a tendency for one thing to lead to another, and a zealous LN reader might end up babbling.
Well I for one don't care about the spoilers. The time where I went in blind to watch an anime has long since expired. Too little time to waste on stuff that I wouldn't watch if I had more info.

Anyways, only thing left is for Kalafina to go on board and A-1 will hit this out of the ballpark.
Old 2012-03-31, 14:35   Link #280
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
http://www.swordart-online.net/movie/movie02.html, I'll link it here too I guess

Awesomely delicious darn I can't wait for it to start airing

but I'm sad ...... of all the scenes they can animate in the pv why THAT ONE!!! me goes back to moping and waiting for it to air

Tags
action, romance, shounen