AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-14, 22:27   Link #41
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

There was something I wanted to mention in another thread after looking back on Yozora's past, but I figured worked best here, and thinking about it, she really was responsible for toughening up Kodaka I strongly think that in that scene in episode 03 when Kodaka covered for Sena, he would have not been able to do that had Yozora not interfered when Kodaka was being bullied when he was a kid.

So......Yozora is responsible for his yankee-like appearance?

(no really, supposing he never fought against Yozora and the bullies, then perhaps he would have looked more pitiable than dangerous)
Old 2011-11-15, 08:40   Link #42
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
There was something I wanted to mention in another thread after looking back on Yozora's past, but I figured worked best here, and thinking about it, she really was responsible for toughening up Kodaka I strongly think that in that scene in episode 03 when Kodaka covered for Sena, he would have not been able to do that had Yozora not interfered when Kodaka was being bullied when he was a kid.

So......Yozora is responsible for his yankee-like appearance?

(no really, supposing he never fought against Yozora and the bullies, then perhaps he would have looked more pitiable than dangerous)
He was already used to it, just happened he was outnumbered that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Haze View Post
I think that if Yozora's insults genuinely hurt Sena or any of the other club members, they would not come back to the club every day.
They're weirdos don't expect that from them .
Old 2011-11-17, 23:38   Link #43
LC
Shocking Pink

I wonder if the reason why people dislike Yozora is not because of her actions but because of Sena's reactions. If Sena took the attacks in stride, would Yozora still be a evil, horrible, disgusting, maniacal, wretched, etc. person in the eyes of her haters? In episode 7, I found Yozora's actions to be rather tame. Teasing her with the phone? Sena did say that phones were beneath her. The spam? Sena would've done the same thing had she gotten Yozora's address first. Yet, still, Yozora's evil. I wonder if she'll get attacked even when she shows her dere side in a few episodes.

Last edited by LC; 2011-11-19 at 10:35. Reason: The Sacred Blackstar line was similar but not the same. Oh well.
Old 2011-11-18, 01:05   Link #44
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i find yozoras actions well founded, maybe at first it was just out of the blue, but then sena start making fun of karaoke wich other people likes and cellphones because she sidint had one, with that snoobish and hipster atittude that can piss anyone, also we have to know yozora is a woman, and those things that males can identify or see cute of sena women can see it disgusting EX:"i wanna be inside the game.".
Old 2011-11-18, 01:30   Link #45
FateAnomaly

If Yozora just teases people it wouldn't be so bad. But she just doesn't let up. She keeps pushing and pushing and thats what i feel really irritated about.
When Sena put down karaoke and cellphones, it is so obvious that she is just being sour grapes. I don't see it as being snobbish or anything.
Old 2011-11-18, 01:35   Link #46
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
If Yozora just teases people it wouldn't be so bad. But she just doesn't let up. She keeps pushing and pushing and thats what i feel really irritated about.
When Sena put down karaoke and cellphones, it is so obvious that she is just being sour grapes. I don't see it as being snobbish or anything.
Think of it as someone trashing your favorite Anime/Game/Show/Book/Charcter by calling it stupid and low class and everything in between, while I'm sure there are some people that wouldn't mind letting others walk all over them, I'm certain most people aren't so noble as to let that slide.
Old 2011-11-18, 02:28   Link #47
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
I don't care much for her. For someone that doesn't really like bullying, she seem way too eager to ostrasize and hound Sena. On occasion, to tears. While I vastly prefer Ojou Kobato, I do think she really needs to learn restraint. Potentially the only thing holding me back from liking her overall.

I will throw Yozo a bone and say both her and Sena seem perfectly fine when playing visual novels together...
Old 2011-11-18, 13:43   Link #48
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
I wonder if the reason why people dislike Yozora is not because of her actions but because of Sena's reactions. If Sena took the attacks in stride, would Yozora still be a evil, horrible, disgusting, maniacal, wretched, etc. person in the eyes of her haters? In episode 7, I found Yozora's actions to be rather tame. Teasing her with the phone? Sena did say that phones were beneath her. The line when Sena asked for Yozora's address? A playful call back to Sacred Blackstar. The spam? Sena would've done the same thing had she gotten Yozora's address first. Yet, still, Yozora's evil. I wonder if she'll get attacked even when she shows her dere side in a few episodes.
I think it's mostly because Yozora hasn't shown a good side at all. She seems to be a very one-dimensional character who's whole purpose is to make others miserable. Sena, despite her own horrible attitude (she's hardcore tsundere, with a focus on tsun), has at least shown some signs of growth and a very nice dere side. For example, her allowing the "Meat" nickname to stay because it's the first she's gotten. It really shows how vulnerable she can be. You know Sena's attitude (even with the phone thing) comes from her insecurity. We haven't had that kind of development with Yozora. All we know is that she missed out on something 10 years ago and now she's bitter about it.

Yozora bullies people, which is bad enough, as most people don't like bullies. But when you don't have anything to counterbalance it, it just exaggerates the problem.

And it's not like Sena is her only target out of jealousy or whatever. What she did to Maria was uncalled for. Everyone is turning this into a "well, Sena deserves it" defense, but it's not just Sena that gets it. That's what makes Yozora unlikeable. She's an equal opportunity bullier, combined with a nasty personality that lacks any growth or good traits. Part of that, I think, is the author's failure to show anything than her outer shell.

Please note, I wrote this before I watched episode seven. Yozora showed a better side here with Kodaka. If she could act more like that and less like a bully, she'd be a more tolerable character. Her bullying in 7 was a bit more justified as Sena's attitude was out of line. I've just found that most of the time, it isn't and when it is, she just doesn't know when to stop, which leads to her going overboard. Like at the end of 7. Sena wanted to send annoying messages, not spam her phone. Yozora could have sent some messages to make fun of her, but instead, went overboard again-- and look what happened because of it.

Though, one thing I can say about her-- she's probably the only one in the group who really needs the Neighbor's Club. Most of the people in it are more misunderstood than anything. Yozora is the one who really doesn't know how to make friends.

Last edited by KLGChaos; 2011-11-18 at 16:57.
Old 2011-11-22, 09:13   Link #49
teja208
Critical fanboy

I'm not sure if I am the only one who seems to like the flashback version of Yozora more than the present one. Eyes are visibly translucent behind the shadow cast from the tip of her cap makes her somewhat unique. Most characters I recall usually have their eyes completely conceal by the cap. She also seems to be less talkative as well which gives an air of mystery about her. Don’t get me wrong, I still like her current character but the flashback version seems a little more appealing for me. No offence for those who prefers the current Yozora, but I think it would be quite interesting if she decides keeps her look from back then.
Old 2011-11-22, 10:25   Link #50
Rozen Van Kaizer
Rozen Von Keiser

Neuuuu! I want her to be more feminine! She's already masculine enough with that attitide of hers. Cutting her hair and adding a cap would just ruin it >_<.

Despite her constant bullying on the club members I'm.still hanging on because I love dark and long hair anime girls with the 'kick ass' aura. She reminds me if that evil girl in GA-Rei Zero, or The Katana girl in X by Clamp or even Sarasvati from Kore WA Zombie desu ka. She has the same aura as them but just as a normal girl.
Old 2011-11-22, 20:35   Link #51
nestea2004

Send a message via AIM to nestea2004 Send a message via Yahoo to nestea2004
So far, I like all the characters in this series I don't particularly dislike any of them but Yozora is just fun, but I think she is also Tsundere (you see hints throughout the series)
Old 2011-11-23, 12:46   Link #52
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

So many Sena fans here butthurt every time Yozora trolls her. Man it's so funny.
Old 2011-11-23, 15:36   Link #53
nirvana12

Quote:
I wonder if the reason why people dislike Yozora is not because of her actions but because of Sena's reactions. If Sena took the attacks in stride, would Yozora still be a evil, horrible, disgusting, maniacal, wretched, etc. person in the eyes of her haters? In episode 7, I found Yozora's actions to be rather tame. Teasing her with the phone? Sena did say that phones were beneath her. The spam? Sena would've done the same thing had she gotten Yozora's address first. Yet, still, Yozora's evil. I wonder if she'll get attacked even when she shows her dere side in a few episodes.
Do we even know how many episodes this season is gonna have ?
Old 2011-11-23, 16:10   Link #54
LC
Shocking Pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvana12 View Post
Do we even know how many episodes this season is gonna have ?
12, I think.
Old 2011-11-23, 19:25   Link #55
nirvana12

Quote:
12, I think.
Thought so. but i think it will have high chances for a second season, but thats just me.
Old 2011-11-23, 20:45   Link #56
Bloss-Chan

Most of Yozora's haters are Sena lovers.

Since, Sena cant stick up for herself. The fans must.

I do like how the only person she cant tease is Rika.. It's impossible!
Old 2011-11-23, 21:46   Link #57
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvana12 View Post
Thought so. but i think it will have high chances for a second season, but thats just me.
the ligth novel is one of the most pupolar at the moment, and even though the anime has cut so much of the original, polls indicate its one of the favorites this season so i thinkthat fuaratees a second season, but at the rythm they are adpating it it probably will take 2 years to see season 2.
Old 2011-11-23, 23:48   Link #58
nirvana12

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
the ligth novel is one of the most pupolar at the moment, and even though the anime has cut so much of the original, polls indicate its one of the favorites this season so i thinkthat fuaratees a second season, but at the rythm they are adpating it it probably will take 2 years to see season 2.
Yea i greatly enjoy it and Ben-to (light novel much better though).
Old 2011-11-24, 00:10   Link #59
Rozen Van Kaizer
Rozen Von Keiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloss-Chan View Post
Most of Yozora's haters are Sena lovers.

Since, Sena cant stick up for herself. The fans must.

I do like how the only person she cant tease is Rika.. It's impossible!
It's like saying most who aren't dead are alive. Or Yozora fans being accused of not admitting Yozora really is a bully.

This whole arguement started from Yozora being a bully or not. I gotta admit that she is one but because of her cute arguements with Sena but mostly because of what she did to Maria.

I blame the anime though *Troll*, I don't know if this was true in the real Haganai plot but there is this VERY SMALL scene in the manga that MADE ALOT of difference on my opinion of Yozora and Sena's relationship:

Spoiler for Manga: Same scene after the Karaoke but in a different Setting:

People would definitely tolerate Yozora more if the animators included these 1 LITTLE SCENE. It could even be just 1 FRAME FOR JUST 3 SECONDS long for all I care. This expression is priceless!

Last edited by Rozen Van Kaizer; 2011-11-24 at 00:32.
Old 2011-11-24, 00:41   Link #60
potchip

Nope. There are plenty of Sena lover that hates Yozora, or quoting Yozora's behaviour with Sena as the reason for hating Yozora. In comparison not that many Yozora fans who hate on Sena because they like Yozora, or hate on Rika because Yozora cannot deal with her. I suppose I don't dislike Sena, though just find her a bit shallow (and obviously milking for fandom) as a character therefore less interesting. As for describing Yozora's behaviour as 'bullying', I wonder why is bullying such a touchy word, whereas murder/violence doesn't provoke the same emotional response (I guess this being anime forum and all.) In the case of Yozora, by setting she's a Sadist and that's just her mode of operating, though the intention is somewhat different from a bully - it's her way to connect to people, a method doomed to fail unless on the ultra M Sena.

One person commented somewhere that Yozora is too talkative for a socially inept person. That got me thinking. In fact, most of Yozora's conversation were with Sena, and basically reading a book other times. It should be pretty obvious what it means, or someone convince me otherwise with an example where somone spends 70% of conversation quota on a person they hated.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters