AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2016-02-02, 18:04   Link #1441
Marvelous Cnidarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
You notice all these beautiful women throughout the franchise, but the one thing that irks me through all if it... not one of them have contributed to the continuation of humanity before they die. And before you say "yes they have," I'll have to rebut you with this; not a single one of them have been shown to get pregnant and have children. The contribution that's the most effective in maintaining the populous, and they waste the hell out of that part of necessary survival tool.

Kouki really is an ass for letting the characters have sex, but not benefit from the continuation of their legacies before tossing those women into the fire. So sad indeed. He must have been rejected a few times in high school to make such a good, but subtly sad series.
You won't like the second half of SM then. Many girls meet grisly ends at the hands of other humans, making their deaths even more senseless. The main character himself personally kills a couple of extremely gorgeous women in pretty horrific ways.
Marvelous Cnidarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-03, 06:22   Link #1442
Chibiloli

Anybody got more pics of our local Homussar? She doesn't seem to be getting much luv.
Old 2016-02-03, 06:35   Link #1443
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
To be fair thanks to those women, many other women are alive and can go on to contribute to the continuation of humanity. I'd say that counts as a contribution.
That would likely be only half true in that whoever does survive end up going to refugee camps and basically end up starving to death because the governments don't want to actively increase the food supply to accommodate them. So not only can these women NOT have kids because they do not supply them with enough nutrition to nourish the babies while in the womb, but the would be mothers cannot even feed themselves much less their own kids if they do have them. So they're screwed in most cases, as it seems political and military personnel are the most well fed. But even in some of those cases, those same military personnel have to jump through some hilariously difficult hoops just to try and get assurances(but could just be big fat lies) that their families will be housed and fed because the one or more people from that family are piloting TSFs or in other lines of work.

So, I stand by my previous statement. At least if these women who are serving in their military forces get pregnant and have a kid while serving, at least the kid won't have birth defects from malnourishment of the mother, should she not get KIAed before then. Also, those "many other women are alive and can go on to contribute to the continuation of humanity" are faceless nobodies that nobody cares about, don't get any mention to their eventual fates. So point rendered moot right there. The focus I'm on, is solely on those who are named, shown the faces of, and that us the audience can see, and care about their eventual fates, and likely speculate that they will likely die (sometimes horribly) without mention that they continued their family line by having at least one child before meeting that fate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelous Cnidarian View Post
You won't like the second half of SM then. Many girls meet grisly ends at the hands of other humans, making their deaths even more senseless. The main character himself personally kills a couple of extremely gorgeous women in pretty horrific ways.
Well, political entanglements tend to do that when you've already used up your supply of expendable men to die for your corrupt political schemes, so it's only natural to use the remaining females who you could care less about to take their place instead of using them to make more babies to produce usable soldiers or more female breeding stock.

Generally this is why the BETA infested Terran star system is basically doomed for continued human inhabitation. The humans are so busy trying to one-up their own political stances against one another that they've basically left the BETA alone enough to get themselves overrun with those giant pests that they end up eventually having to execute Alternative V, even if Shirogane bought a few more years before execution. The end result is still the same.

Seeing as things go in very depressing ways, the only real solution to their problems are to either lay down their arms and just throw themselves to the BETA in some kind of mass suicide, or other kind of suicide, or that someone invents a Borg-like forced assimilation of the entire human race to forcefully unite it into a collective for the sole purpose of survival and thriving against the BETA threat, with maybe the eventual goal of concurring the galaxy.

But, they aren't smart enough, nor motivated enough to try something like that, thanks to Kouki and his suicidal/homicidal story telling direction. But that trend may not just be limited to Kouki if there were other writers with the same mindset for other parts of the series.

So again, a lost cause for the long-run drama ridden characters of the Muvluv (Muvdeath?) franchise. But at least they LOOK nice before they die.
Old 2016-02-08, 21:15   Link #1444
Gentranum
Addicted to Mutsu Snail

Are there any photos of Schwarzesmarken that have good dimensions for a phone wallpaper? Looking around, very few high res pictures of the series.
Gentranum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-09, 20:27   Link #1445
Marvelous Cnidarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentranum View Post
Are there any photos of Schwarzesmarken that have good dimensions for a phone wallpaper? Looking around, very few high res pictures of the series.
Do you have anything in mind. Any particular character? I have some CG rips that might just be the right size for you.

Spoiler for Beatrix Irisdina Gretel:

Spoiler for Katia:

Spoiler for Kirke Lise Sylwia:

I have Schwarzesmarken chibi comedy scenes from the VN too, but they're all landscape instead of portrait.
Old 2016-02-10, 00:46   Link #1446
Gentranum
Addicted to Mutsu Snail

Quote:
Do you have anything in mind. Any particular character? I have some CG rips that might just be the right size for you.

Spoiler for Beatrix Irisdina Gretel:

Spoiler for Katia:

Spoiler for Kirke Lise Sylwia:

I have Schwarzesmarken chibi comedy scenes from the VN too, but they're all landscape instead of portrait.
These are great, thanks!

Gonna have Circe on my phone, finally.
Gentranum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-10, 04:53   Link #1447
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
These are great, thanks!

You know, I'm thinking that Circe would make a good second waifu choice...
Spoiler:

Just saying
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-10, 16:00   Link #1448
Wandering Soul

Quote:
These are great, thanks!

Good choice there. Can't go wrong with Circe.
Old 2016-02-13, 00:41   Link #1449
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Whoo, thanks for the pics guys

Images
Swimsuits!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I wonder if they can squeeze in a swimsuit episode into Schwarzymarky, surely they can do it again
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-13, 08:10   Link #1450
Marvelous Cnidarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
I wonder if they can squeeze in a swimsuit episode into Schwarzymarky, surely they can do it again
They already cutout Iris's Berlin date and the swimsuit scene, so I doubt it.

Spoiler for Cut content:

Such a shame this is one cour and they had to kill most of the lighthearted or comedic moments to make it all fit.

Spoiler for More Swimsuit/Bikini Pics:

Good news is is that we might be getting a bikini scene in Schwarzesmarken Extra:

Old 2016-02-13, 08:26   Link #1451
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:

Spoiler for Cut content:

Such a shame this is one cour and they had to kill most of the lighthearted or comedic moments to make it all fit.

Noooo nooooooo it could have been a nice break from all the beta killing and Stasi dealings Thanks for the pics though

Quote:
Good news is is that we might be getting a bikini scene in Schwarzesmarken Extra:

Yay comrade lieutenant! I sure hope those are extra's, and I shall wait with anticipation
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-13, 16:33   Link #1452
Wandering Soul

Quote:

Spoiler for Cut content:

I'm curious about the context of the first one. Did just about every female member of the squad decide to join Theo while he was in the pool? If so I guess he is pretty popular with the girls on his squad.

It's a shame they cut these out.
Old 2016-02-13, 18:38   Link #1453
Marvelous Cnidarian

They've cut and changed a whole lot. Beatrix, Theodor, and Gretel in particular feel extremely different from their LN and VN counterparts. I've began trying to think of it as its own story; it makes it easier to accept some of the changes.

Many of the scenes between Iris and Theo have been squelched. I think this is mostly to give Katia more import or significance:
Spoiler for Iris and Theo:

Like I said in an earlier post, Iris's semi-date with Theo in Berlin was also axed:
Spoiler for Berlin Date:

Also, double dealing and Stasi infighting haven't made an appearance, which is going to have major ramifications down the line:
Spoiler for Making a deal with the Devil:

Finally, character backstories are likely to be left unexplained, which is going to hurt the anime tremendously
Spoiler for For instance:

This is going to be terrible for characters like Beatrix and Iris, or Sylwia and Gretel whose story should be heard as they adds a ton of context to SM.

Well, Age/Degica has promised a translated demo for Schwarzesmarken with the release of Alternate, so hopefully we'll be able to experience the full story one day.

Last edited by Marvelous Cnidarian; 2016-02-13 at 20:58.
Old 2016-02-14, 07:28   Link #1454
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Still, that won't change the fact that Iris is the best waifu, yeah?

What are different from LN for Theo and Gretel?
Old 2016-02-14, 13:17   Link #1455
Marvelous Cnidarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Still, that won't change the fact that Iris is the best waifu, yeah?
Well, I like Beatrix, but Iris is my close second. I'm a sucker for the whole tragic monster angle and it also helps that she's the sexiest; so much so that even the text and Kouki recognize it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
What are different from LN for Theo and Gretel?
Theo is far more paranoid and ruthless in the VN (dude seriously thought about shooting Katia when he first met her; it's actually one of the bad ends). Gretel is, for lack of a better word, far more bitchy. She's way more vocal during fights not to mention everyone else has to babysit her ass because she's the worse pilot on the 666th. She'll even summarily execute your butt if you pick the wrong options.

Last edited by Marvelous Cnidarian; 2016-02-14 at 16:17.
Old 2016-02-14, 18:17   Link #1456
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Well, I like Beatrix, but Iris is my close second. I'm a sucker for the whole tragic monster angle and it also helps that she's the sexiest; so much so that even the text and Kouki recognize it.

Theo is far more paranoid and ruthless in the VN (dude seriously thought about shooting Katia when he first met her; it's actually one of the bad ends). Gretel is, for lack of a better word, far more bitchy. She's way more vocal during fights not to mention everyone else has to babysit her ass because she's the worse pilot on the 666th. She'll even summarily execute your butt if you pick the wrong options.
I can so see this.

There is a BETA squad ambushing your squadmates, rendezvous with them.

Gretel: Stay here, I need your help in suppressing the BETA here.

What would you do?

1. Save your squadmates
2. Stay with Gretel.

(pick option 1):

Gretel: He is a TRAITOR to the fatherland! (shoots THeo)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-14, 21:32   Link #1457
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:

Aha, I get the "thinking of shot Katia on sight out with paranoia" part. But for Gretel, damn, acting like a true commissar even on WH40K standards. Maybe the anime version "polished" their characters to be less jerkish.
Old 2016-02-14, 22:31   Link #1458
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Also, double dealing and Stasi infighting haven't made an appearance, which is going to have major ramifications down the line
Today's (or rather, yesterday's) episode just brought that up albeit briefly, lol.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-17, 19:45   Link #1459
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Quote:
Theo is far more paranoid and ruthless in the VN (dude seriously thought about shooting Katia when he first met her; it's actually one of the bad ends).
Iris walks in with Katia in tow

Iris: "Let me introduce Katia, our new recruit."
Theo: "OH MY GOD, IT'S THE SPY!!! *shoots Katia dead*
Katia: *thump*
Theo: *breathing heavily* It's alright everyone! The spy's dead now! No need to panic!"
Iris: "Theo, that was the new recruit. She wasn't a spy."
Theo: *looks totally unapologetic* Well... now she's a dead new recruit spy. Problem solved.
Old 2016-07-04, 06:30   Link #1460
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Apparently...someone did this.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanart, image